Start by marking “Voice in the Wilderness (Against All Enemies #1)” as Want to Read:
Voice in the Wilderness (Against All Enemies #1)

Voice in the Wilderness

(Against All Enemies #1)

Readers' Favorite Awards 2017 Gold Medal Winner
What if your blog could save the nation, but posting to it might cost your life?

As catastrophes drive the US into martial law, all eyes are on America, waiting to see what emerges. KC Banning, network specialist, discovers President Hannan’s tyrannical plans and is branded a terrorist, sending her fleeing the Beltway to find h
Published August 3rd 2015 by Trinity Press International

To ask other readers questions about Voice in the Wilderness, please sign up.
H.L. Wegley Since nobody has taken a shot at this, the answer is that, like many famous atheists, KC did not have a good relationship with her father. She always…moreSince nobody has taken a shot at this, the answer is that, like many famous atheists, KC did not have a good relationship with her father. She always seemed to fall short of his expectations, was treated badly by him and, as a result, she didn't trust him. This lack of trust in authority figures, resulting from a bad or non-existent relationship with a father, often transfers over to a lack of trust in the Ultimate Father, God. I wove this into KC's backstory, though I didn't point it out, explicitly, in the book.
(less)

Diana Montgomery
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Voice in the Wilderness is a 2017 Gold Medal Winner! After reading it i can see why!!!! This book will keep your attention. Awesome characters well written. Meet Brock and K.C. A wonderful thriller that will keep you flipping pages to see what is happening with Brock and KC on the run from the President and his people. KC Banning being set up to look like she murdered a senator. How is she going to prove her innocence when their is a hit on her head. She knows one person from her past that would ...more
deb
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Voice in the Wilderness

I'm normally not a fan of political thrillers, but a good story and a good author can definitely change your mind about a genre and make you a fan. H.L. Wegley, changed my mind about this genre and at times I wondered if he was in my head listen to the conversations that I have had with my family. It was as if he took my conversations and made them into a novel. His character, Brock was a man after my own heart. The way he expressed himself in his blog was powerful. And th
Edward Arrington
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the Against All Enemies series is a winner. My own thinking resonates with the underlying premise of the book: too many people are looking to the U.S. government to rescue them and making very little effort to examine what is going on all around. The popular view among many is that the government will feed them, clothe them, keep them well, protect them, and make them happy. The scary part is most, if not all, nations in the past that have gone this route are no longer in exist ...more
Lisa Johnson
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: Voice in the Wilderness (Against All Enemies #1)
Author: H. L. Wegley
Pages: 394
Year: 2015
Publisher: H. L. Wegley
My rating is 5+ stars.
Reminiscent of events both here in America and abroad, Voice in the Wilderness seeks to awaken our nation through the medium of fiction. Like John the Baptist who was a voice crying out in the wilderness or Queen Esther who was reminded by her uncle about being born for such a time as this, both are examples that challenge us to look beyond ourselves. The no
Deb Haggerty
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deb’s Dozen: The USA Needs a Voice In the Wilderness of Today’s Dangerous Environment

I love finding a new author who I love immediately upon reading their book. H. L. Wegley is such an author. The first entry in his newest series, Against All Enemies, Voice in the Wilderness, caught my attention immediately and held me in thrall throughout the entire book. I kept putting the book down so I wouldn’t finish reading so quickly. Susan May Warren calls the book, “A terrifyingly real political thrille
Debbie
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Voice in the Wilderness "(Against All Enemies Book 1 )by H. L.Wegley is a novel about how a corrupted president is talking over the country. This story is fiction now but it very well might be truth in the near future if we don't wise up and elect the right people into office.

This is one book that this reader couldn't put down once I started reading it. I was hooked from the first line "UR being set up. Watch your back, PL. More later. B" From that first line the action is intense.

This is a pol
Tony Parsons
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Washington, D.C. K.C. Banning (22, Katheryn Celeste, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), DUCC, network specialist, Georgetown, MIT,) uncovers President Abe Hannan’s classified devious plans for the US.
K.C. contacts Senator Richards (head of the Senate Intelligence Committee).
President Hannan declares her a terrorist. K.C. picture is on every TV network station.
President Abe Hannan (aka Abid Hannan) orders are to eliminate her (Plan B).

She manages to elude everyone & flee the Beltw
Daniel Banks
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
H.L. Wegley is an accomplished author. Voice in the Wilderness, the first in what will undoubtedly be a series, is a character driven romantic thriller.
a. The romance; Mr. Wegley introduces two central characters who have been in love since they were children. Because of circumstances beyond their control, as teenagers they became separated to opposite sides of the continent. They haven’t seen each other for nearly a decade.
b. The thriller; The United States has become the play toy of a wealthy
Kay M
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Voice in the Wilderness is a very exciting story. With a fast take off, there is heart-pounding action to grab the reader from the very beginning. I love this type of book, where the power of one collides with the seeming weakness of ordinary individuals and their ideals. In this case, we have a rogue USA president vs. a popular blogger and a network specialist.

The main characters are well-developed, and as readers, we come to know them very well. KC is a fearless and tenacious female lead and
Bhriv
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Brock and KC met when she was eight and he was twelve. Over the next five summers they form a bond with each other, becoming best of friends. Brock proves his friendship and faithfulness initially by defending KC when bully boys tease her about her red hair and freckles. Then he throws a rock and kills a snake before it hurts her. She never will forget him. When KC is 14 and Brock is 17, they are ripped apart by her father as he is going into politics, moving them to DC and doesn't believe Brock ...more
Helen
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Voice in the Wilderness (Against All Enemies) (Volume 1)
K C Banning is a network specialist at the White House who has found secrets the President is hiding. When she is found out, she is declared terrorist and a nationwide man hunt is searching for her. She has fled Washington DC and is on her way to Oregon to reconnect with a childhood friend. Together she and Brock Daniels hide and work together to let the nation know what the President is up to and to help get the United States back to what
LAWonder10
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK TOTALLY "BLEW ME AWAY"! IT IS ONE OF THE MOST PROFOUNDLY INTERESTING BOOKS I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME! IT MAY BE OF A DYSTOPIAN GENRE, BUT IT IS EERILY CLOSE TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE UNITED STATES RIGHT NOW! IT IS JUST TOO REAL TO TAKE LIGHTLY!

THIS HAS JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF ROMANCE IN IT TO REACH OUT TO THE HEARTS OF ROMANTICS, OTHER THAN THAT, IT IS A PAGE-TURNER THRILLER. YOU WILL NOT WANT TO PUT IT DOWN ONCE YOU START READING IT. THIS NOVEL IS PACKED WITH SUSPENSEFUL ACTION.

AL
Janet
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The author took present day events and exaggerated them into fearful possibilities where America nears becoming the dystopian U.S.A. As usual, Wegley delivers on excitement. For awhile there, when the two main characters face one crisis after another, I almost lost my breath, thinking there was no way out. The characters are well-developed, seeming to be larger than life, yet they both struggle with self esteem. Their natural talents & knowledge of the setting gets them out of trouble with r ...more
Stella Potts
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Harry Wegley but for sure it will not be the last. He is a new Author to me and I love this book. If I could give it more than 5 stars I would. Fraught with tension from the very first page it does not let up through the entire book, I am reading it and thinking that it is a page out of today's newspaper. It is terrifying and very real. The characters and the situations are so real that you feel like you are there with them. It is hard to put the book down b ...more
JoAnne Lake
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book took me a while to read because my mother came to visit me and decided to read it. (She loved it.) Then it was my turn again. I could not put it down. I can't wait to read the rest.
Mary
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Voice in the Wilderness, by H. L. Wegley is book one of Against All Enemies. This is the first book I have read by this author. It won’t be the last! I enjoyed the fast-paced, non-stop action that went on throughout the entire book. It started off with a bang and didn’t stop.
Main character, KC, has discovered some top-secret information and she doesn’t know where to go with it. The one man she tries to get help from, eh, it doesn’t end well for him. Espionage, terror, potential war, martial law
Jean James
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful story—a powerful reveille for all Americans. Most of us are aware of our country’s past efforts to preserve our personal liberties. In this gritty novel, H. L Wegley shows us that today is no different. Falseness and subterfuge can still attack our freedom, our very right to exist.

The author takes us through a death-defying maze of perils that could become our own country’s future. When this evil is couched in subtleties and backed by political and military power, it becomes t
Joyce Brackett
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating & Thought Provoking

Given the current climate & condition of the USA, this author paints a very possible scenario of how our Nation could change & has changed drastically by those that hold the office of President of the United States. This book is enthralling & holds you to the very end. I appreciate so much that this Christian author did not use any curse words or inappropriate word pictures. I am about to start book two of this series & can't wait.
Margie C. Holladay
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Irreversibly clean

Thank you for the base vs of profanity and body details. I can't help wondering if the fiction is not too close to reality. However, God is still in control. My one criticism is that there was a bit much insecurity and romance in such perilous times plus OF was like so many heroines -unable to follow directions in life-threatening situations A very well written novel
Linda Goff
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a read!!!!!!!! What an author!!!I

I wish everyone would read this book!! It is fiction but it holds so many truths....our nation is going down so fast and we have let it happen. This author has given the reader so much to consider. Our children are not getting the education they need to understand how this great nation came to be.....we need a Voice, a Watchman.....
Donna
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Read

I chose this book to try based on the write up. I could not put it down so I read late into the night. The story portrays some possible scenarios in our country. Hopefully the government of the people, by the people and for the people will continue in spite of its many issues.
Sandra McGee
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Saving a Nation!

I was totally captivated by this story. The author has such a unique way of getting the reader sucked in so that it is nearly impossible to stay away from the story. Mr. Wegley writes a story about events that certainly could take place if our leaders continue to remove our religious or Christian freedoms.
Great book!

oontinue
Linda Kay Orpet
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling!

First, I loved that the sex, language and violence were totally acceptable, or most importantly the LACK thereof. Thank you for a thrilling story about what true love and commitment are supposed to be. Not only for another person, but for our great country and above all else, our Savior God.
Pablo
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book that needs to be read.

A well thought out story that should be read to help waken up Americans to the
possibility of what could happen if the progressives of our day could have their way and try to control our nation.
The only thing about the book that I did not like was the way it abruptly ended .
Mary Beth
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
As catastrophes drive the US into martial law, all eyes are on America, waiting to see what emerges. KC Banning, network specialist, discovers President Hannan’s tyrannical plans and is branded a terrorist.
Beulah Proffitt
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good verses evil

Another great action packed book from H.L. Wegley. This is he fourth action packed book I've read from Mr. Wegley in the last 4 days. Thank you for a great action without sex and foul language.
Lori Koepf
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A real cant put down book!

He is getting to be one of my favorite writers. His books keep you on the edge of your seat and you cant put the book down! Thank you Mr Wegley I cant wait to read the sequel!
Ellen White
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS by H L Wegley, The first in Against All Enemies
series. There is romance, action, murder, a wonderful read to keep you intrigued to the end. K C has the highest clearance issued, and she's the best network analyst. Takes too many risks, and finding a breach at the White House,thought she told the right people. It backfired and now she is on a terrorist watchlist. She goes underground, reunites with someone she cared about before. Brock Daniels, a known blogger, predicts ab
Beth Sears
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It's a Political Thriller. Makes you think of all the issues we deal with today. Outstanding Author. Look forward to the next book. Chasing Freedom. I highly recommend this book.. I was gifted a copy of this book for my honest review.
Cheryl Colwell
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Voice in the Wilderness has all the entertaining aspects of a political thriller - a strong voice of opposition toward a corrupt politician, broadcast over the internet; a highly skilled woman on the inside, who discovers things she is not meant to know; and chase scenes that had me reading past my bedtime. Enjoying and thought-provoking considering the political climate in the U.S. today.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
H L Wegley's stories are always Christian and always inspirational, with a climate of suspense and a forecast of stormy weather. What else would you expect from a Meteorologist?

He published a high-action, romantic suspense, 4-book series through Pelican Book Group. The stories include cyber -espionage, human trafficking, and cyber terrorism, all written to CBA standards.

His award-winning, 3-book,

Against All Enemies (3 books)
  • Voice of Freedom (Against All Enemies, #2)
  • Chasing Freedom (Against All Enemies #3)
“Quote from Ranger Captain David Craig, character in Voice in the Wilderness, page 187:
“If the House and the Senate had the guts to stick to it [Constitution], and we could trust SCOTUS to uphold it, we wouldn’t be in this mess.”
0 likes