Start by marking “Property of a Noblewoman” as Want to Read:
Property of a Noblewoman

Property of a Noblewoman

In Danielle Steel’s thrilling new novel, a woman’s legacy—shaped by tragedy, fortitude, and undying devotion—transforms lives and hearts long after she is gone, and fulfills at last her most precious bequest.

Faded photographs of a glamorous couple in postwar Europe. Old letters hinting of tragic loss. And a breathtaking array of magnificent jewelry, spectacular stones i
Published March 15th 2016 by Delacorte Press (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Property of a Noblewoman, please sign up.
Patricia No it is not. It could have been amazing but alas it was more like her last few than like a Zoya.
Radhive Yes it is available in ebook format, you can buy it from Amazon and apple store

Start your review of Property of a Noblewoman
Suzanne
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5*

I really liked just reading a standalone novel where everyone had a happy ending. Sometimes you just need a quick, light read. This was a great story of the depths of family and legacies. It was predictable, but I did not go into this book expecting a twisting mystery. It was the light hearted read I wanted.
Leigh Anne
I was disappointed. Maybe it's because I have been reading a lot of thrillers lately with twists and turns and unexpected plot lines, but this story was just too predictable. I felt like I always knew what was coming and it seemed a little cookie-cutter. Also, there weren't even any hot love scenes to spice it up. The best part to me was the description of some places I'd also traveled to in Italy. That was fun.
Kati Polodna
Apr 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This could have been a short story in 30 pages or less. Why do I torture myself reading this? Because. Jewelry. A safe deposit box. And a family mystery. But still. Way too long. Horrible writing. No character development, no plot. The "mystery" is revealed way too early.
Shannon Houser
This story was repetitive. This story said the same thing over and over again. The story seemed to repeat its self.
Yep. Just like that!
Could have been a novella instead of a full novel and there was no mystery or romance. It was very dull.
Meagan
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I found this book to be rather disappointing. It sounded promising and interesting. But it ended up being predictable and rather blah. I haven't read a Danielle Steel book in a long time, I just might not be used to her writing style. It seemed old fashioned and the characters were all a little boring-they could have been so much more.
Donna
Sep 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thank the lord it's finished. Whoever described this book as "thrilling" needs to spend a minute with a dictionary.
Debbie
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-ok, 2016-books
Typical DS novel - I think she has resorted to phoning them in to her publisher. Everything is important, everyone is handsome and all the women have great figures. All the main characters find love, money and happiness and voilà, the story wraps up tidily.

Seriously, the book could have been so much more had she written the story of the jewels from Marguerite's historical viewpoint, rather than just telling it through letters.

With all her success, she hasn't learned how to write! Yes, she can
Laura Rash
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a lil different style for DS. A truly unique story concept that left me turning pages very quickly to see how it was going to go. Always a treat to read a DS!
Eileen
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it

3.25 stars (liked it)

I was inspired to try my first Danielle Steel novel during a recent book store shopping trip with a friend who told me Steel was one of her favorite authors. Until then, I had wondered whether her contemporary fiction would live up to my (which I am the first to admit are often unrealistically high!) expectations but I was happily surprised to find I generally enjoyed this novel. I chose this particular one based on my interest in the concept of learning more about people in
Charmaine Saliba
Really enjoyed it. A fast read and couldn’t put it down. Only Danielle Steel can take me to a world, made of tragedies, lost and betrayed and at the same time make me feel like I just entered a magical world.
Jane works as a court clerk and was assign to take care of an abandoned safe deposit. It took her breath away when she saw what was inside the safe box, even though she doesn’t know much about jewels she was certain that they are unique. But what hunt Jane wasn’t the jewels but the story be
Ashley Daviau
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t expecting to enjoy this as much as I did and it was quite a pleasant surprise. The whole idea of the safety deposit boxes going up for auction after being unclaimed for a time was incredibly interesting and the story they developed from that was great! I felt like I was solving the mystery along with the characters and I got really invested in the story. I thought the ending was just perfect, it played out in just the right way!
Els
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice relaxing read.
Joy D
Rather innocuous story of the search for an heir to the contents of an abandoned safety deposit box. A very light, positive mystery that could serve as a “palette cleanser” between heavy or dark reading.

On the plus side:
• Learned what happens legally when a safety deposit box is abandoned
• A few of the characters were interesting and well-drawn, such as the “bohemian artist” and the “curmudgeonly sister”

On the minus side:
• Irritatingly repetitive, almost as if the author thinks her audience suf
Christine
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again Danielle has written a fabulous story, I just couldn't put it down, you can tell she has research well, on the subject. I know that her fans will love it just like me, can't wait until the next book. Thank you I don't have to wait to long.
Catherine
I love jewelry so this was a fun read... Just a bit predictable and simplistic as a story. However, I'm a big fan of this author because there is great comfort to read the happy endings to these sweet stories free of explicit language.
Melissa
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Picked this up on one of Audible's daily deals a while back. I used to enjoy books like these when I was a very young woman. A little history, a little mystery, a little romance (thankfully without a bunch of cheesy sex scenes). They're a bit silly and implausible, but very easy listening for a long drive. My only real complaint is that the mystery was solved too quickly and the story got rehashed a few too many times in the final hours of the book.
Mari
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read it because it was on the NYT bestsellers list. Not impressed. Story would've been more interesting but the predictable storytelling and writing, and undeveloped characters really detracted from the plot. Shame. 2/5
Crista McCormick
Book in a day. Haven't done that in a while. Good page turner a bit outside of her norm. Really enjoyed this one.
WM D.
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found the book to be very entertaining . It was the best book so far
Dani
Oct 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely horrible. The writing was not great, the story was boring, and I don't know how I managed finishing it. Very disappointing.
Stephanie Miceli
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light easy reading although her books can be somewhat repetitive.
Bev Taylor
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
discover secrets that will transform your lives forever ......

a lady in her nineties has died and her safe deposit box in nyc reveals priceless jewels, some letters and photographs

no heirs r found and jane is charged with the job of discovering more of the mystery of the woman and also arranging an auction of the jewels, the proceeds of which will go to the state

she meets philip who is an auctioneer with christies and what they discover change their lives and many others

sorry but this one wa
Elle
May 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: too-predictable
I have always been a Danielle Steel fan, but I feel like I have outgrown her writing style. This book had an interesting plot. It has potential but it became a disney version of what could have been a very heart wrenching book. I guess I wanted more suspense, more character development, more steamy love scenes. I felt like the characters were only two dimensional and lacked the depth needed for this novel. I got bored at the end and just knew what would happen and wanted it to end....

So if you w
Heather York
A lovely feel good read

Thoroughly enjoyed this, second novel of Danielle Steels I have read, if you want something uplifting and easy going I would recommend.
Marie Buccellato
Excellent
Sundria (Sundi)
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It had a few twists that I didn’t see coming and it was really a lot of fun.
Brenda
It is an extraordinary story of love and a family treachery in the shadow of World War II. Young lovers were separated cause their mothers worried about what other people would say. Three lives were ruined cause of a mother's worry.
Rabab Rasheed
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a nice read with happy ending
Knight  Sher
Nope, can't give it more than 2.5 stars

Now, I'm not saying this book is boring but man, some parts are just dull & some others are not needed & then some are just stretched a bit too long.....alright, yeah when you add all of that then it was somewhat boring but I did finish it so I guess I can say it had some potential which pulled me in enough to not make me wanna stop midway *sigh*.

*Minor spoilers here, maybe? Actually a little summary but still proceed with caution*
Okay so this book is mainl
Demi
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars

This is probably only my second Danielle Steel novel and I decided to try another. While the synopsis seemed so interesting, I found the story to be a bit predictable and the main characters a little bit flat. The story centers around a fortune full of jewels found in an abandoned safe deposit box. Jane, a young law student clerking at the New York Surrogate Court's office is tasked with finding if there are any heirs to be found. In the process, she meets Philip Lawton, a expert from C
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 2 11 Dec 22, 2016 08:11AM

• How I Met Your Father
  • There and Now (Beyond the Threshold, #1)
  • The Pirate Bride (Viking I, #11)
  • 'Til Death (Rebel Ridge, #3)
  • The Blue Period
  • Bluebell’s Christmas Magic
  • History of Art
  • The Forgotten Village
  • The Flight Portfolio
  • An Illustrated Life: Drawing Inspiration From The Private Sketchbooks Of Artists, Illustrators And Designers
  • The Diary of Frida Kahlo: An Intimate Self-Portrait
  • Leonardo's Notebooks
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more