Start by marking “Cooking Up Trouble (Mill Pond, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cooking Up Trouble (Mill Pond, #1)

Cooking Up Trouble

(Mill Pond #1)

Welcome to Mill Pond and small-town country living, filled with fresh air, fresh food, and plenty of fresh gossip—especially when it comes to romance…
It’s impossible not to notice when someone new shows up in Mill Pond. Especially someone as obviously out-of-place as Ian McGregor. His stylish suit and fancy car scream “city slicker.” And when Tessa Lawrence discovers he ca
Published April 12th 2016 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Cooking Up Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking Up Trouble

Start your review of Cooking Up Trouble (Mill Pond, #1)
Kristi
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Tessa and Ian right from the beginning. They were both very laid back, comfortable with who they are, spoke their minds. Tessa has been running her bakery/farm for the last 6 years. She had a fiance once, until she found another woman in his arms, and since then she has pretty much sworn off men. She writes romance novels during the off season and that is as much romance as she she is inclined to entertain.

Of course, everyone else in her life - from her friend Darinda to her grandma wou
⚜️Trea
For some reason, the covers on this series has always appealed to me, so when I got approved for the newest book in the series as an ARC, I sat down with what I did have and started reading. Unfortunately, this book didn't really live up to the blurb or cover at all.

Tessa is a definite Mary Sue, seemingly perfect in every way, as if she was Mary Poppins! She is a sweet heroine who has locked her emotions away after her fiancé cheated on her. He even stopped back around to tell Tessa that she st
Lissy LeBlanc
Didi
3.25 Stars

A feel good and sweet romance with an independent and lovely heroine, this book is a good start to the Mill Pond series and nice debut of Judi Lynn. This book left me with conflicting feelings; that sometimes bad things happened for good reasons and vice versa, that good traits in a person could both be their strength and weakness and the other way around (I referred to Tessa's ex, Gary and his wife; it's rather convoluted but I couldn't help but to applaud him his interference in his
Jessi
I honestly can’t remember why I asked for this book from NetGalley, I think I've been trying to branch out and try new authors. If I hadn’t wanted this review to be honest about the whole book, this would have been a DNF for me. The heroine is a definite Mary Sue. In fact, the whole book is. Tessa is supposed to be this sweet heroine who has locked her emotions away after her fiancé cheated on her. Even he can’t be a totally bad guy, stopping around to tell Tessa that she still deserves love. I ...more
Jo-Anne
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won, own
When Tessa spots Ian on the side of the road with a flat she stops to help like any small town Mill Pond girl would do. She later finds out he's her new neighbour and plans on turning the property into a small resort. She's attracted to him but after her ex cheated on her, she's sworn off romance. Besides he has a fiance. So she's okay with them just being friends. She thinks.

I loved the small town setting of Mill Pond where everyone looks out for each other. Ian and Tessa are wonderful characte
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I wasn't sure how I would feel about this book but I have to say I LOVED it! Yes it is a romance with the usual format (boy meets girl, some sort of issue, issue resolved and they live happily ever after) but it still grabbed me from the beginning and I finished it sooner rather than later.

Tessa has her issues with men, Ian is the hot new neighbor, but he is engaged to someone else. I really liked how Tessa ran her own farm and did a lot of baking....my mouth was watering at mention of the pies!
Mae Clair
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and the introduction to Mill Pond, a place I am sure I will visit again. Main characters Tessa and Ian are extremely likable, along with several secondary characters who keep the plot moving forward at a steady clip. I loved the "small town" environment. What made this book really fun for me is that it doesn't follow the normal romance formula. Ian and Tessa start off as friends and their relationship develops at a believable pace. Everyone else can see they're perfect for ea ...more
Mary Baker
This is probably better than an okay book. I just didn't like the situation between Tessa, the main character, and Ian, the man to whom she was attracted. I kept waiting for Tessa to lose her temper and tell Ian a few hard truths, but she didn't.
Voirrey
This review covers the first three books of the series.

They are very like good chocolate cake - sweet and addictive; you want the next slice!

All three have strong, independent, women at the centre, and all available men in Mill Pond are over six feet tall, handsome, and with perfect bodies (apart from one in the third book who is more Pond scum...). Everyone has their issues, none are insurmountable, and they get their HEA. Definitely like good chocolate cake!

And I do love all the cooking which
Mallory
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for a fair review. Thanks!

This was a cute story with likeable characters. It actually took me a while to warm up to Tessa, but I did end up really liking her. The ending seemed a little abrupt but overall a good story.
Angela
Apr 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a terrific premise – city slicker moves in next door to country girl – and the couple has excellent chemistry. I was totally caught up in the fun banter between Ian and Tessa, and I loved loved loved the cooking scenes! Overall, it’s good chick lit with a happily ever after. I enjoyed it.

However, some technical issues frequently stopped me in my tracks. Commas appeared between words that a computer might recognize as two adjectives, but really they’re not:

“He put two, double beds
Amanda R
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, foodie, romance, series
Thanks to Kensington and Netgalley for the book in exchange for a honest review!

Tessa has a new neighbor and she finds him attractive. Too bad he has a fiance and really she's off men anyway. Her last relationship left her wary because he cheated on her. While she finds Ian attractive and they get on like a fire, she won't be the cause of his broken relationship. She decides she's just going to be fine with him being a friend. She just has to deal with the feelings she has and those feelings mak
Book Lover
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC of this book by NetGalley for an honest review.

Tessa is a farm girl who has a garden, fresh produce stand and bake shop all on her property. The property was given to her by her grandparents. Her grandma is active in helping her with the bake shop and adds some laughs to the story. Tessa has given up on men because her ex cheated on her. Her dates from an online dating site are funny.

Ian is a city boy turned country when he buys the property next to Tessa’s to turn into a smal
Bette Hansen
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable sweet read. It's set in a small town called Mill Pond and it was fun to see Ian change from "city slicker" to a regular small town guy. When Tessa finds Ian and his flashy car on the side of the road with a flat, it's apparent he has no idea what to do so what's a girl to do. She has to help him. Turns out he's her new neighbor and plans on turning his new property into a small resort. While there is a definite attraction between these two, nothing can come of it. First of ...more
Christine Alibutud
Unfortunately, this book didn't suit my taste. Pun intended. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Pun intended...again. Mehehe.

1/1.5 stars!
description
Denise
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book and can't wait to read the next book in this series. It was a fun, easy read with a great story to keep your attention. I look forward to reading more books from this author! I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review.
Angie
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't hate this story.

Read my full review on my blog! http://steamqueens.blogspot.com/2016/...
CHET L. COOK
Pam
Dec 01, 2018
Tina
Nov 28, 2019

• The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • The Kiss Thief (Echo Ridge Romance Book 2)
  • The Shadow Student (Wraithwood Academy #1)
  • No Planet for Good Men: A Sheriff Duke Story (Forgotten Fallout Book 1)
  • Plotting for Murder (Cozy Mystery Bookshop #1)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #5)
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • Pursued (Brides of the Kindred, #6)
  • Divided (Brides of the Kindred, #10)
  • Exiled (Brides of the Kindred, #7)
  • Grizzly Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #1)
  • Murder by the Book (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, #1)
  • Busman's Honeymoon (Savannah Martin Mystery #10.5)
  • Death Witnessed (Poison Ink Mysteries #2)
  • A Jolly Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #17)
  • A Merry Little Death (Poison Ink Mysteries #6.5)
  • Deathly Ever After (Poison Ink Mysteries #5)
  • Death Misconstrued (Poison Ink Mysteries #4)
Judi Lynn received a Master’s Degree from Indiana University as an elementary school teacher after attending the IPFW campus. She taught 1st, 2nd, and 4th grades for six years before having her two daughters. She loves gardening, cooking and trying new recipes.

Mill Pond (6 books)
  • Love on Tap (Mill Pond #2)
  • Spicing Things Up (Mill Pond #3)
  • Opposites Distract
  • First Kiss, on the House (Mill Pond #5)
  • Special Delivery