Start by marking “The Dead House - FREE PREVIEW EDITION (The First 17 Chapters)” as Want to Read:
The Dead House - FREE PREVIEW EDITION (The First 17 Chapters)

The Dead House - FREE PREVIEW EDITION (The First 17 Chapters)

Welcome to The Dead House.

Two decades have passed since an inferno swept through Elmbridge High, claiming the lives of three teenagers and causing one student, Carly Johnson, to disappear. The main suspect: Kaitlyn, "the girl of nowhere."

Kaitlyn's diary, discovered in the ruins of Elmbridge High, reveals the thoughts of a disturbed mind. Its charred pages tell a sinister v
Published August 11th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Dead House - FREE PREVIEW EDITION, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dead House - FREE PREVIEW EDITION

Marcia Vanboskerck
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Wait. What ??? Pick a lane! This one drove be crazy but it did hang on to me until the end.
Anaisy
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap I remember binge reading this book. I loved it!
PNJ

Review of "The Dead House" by Dawn Kurtagich. February 2, 2016

From the book cover, to the description, to my peek inside to see in the middle of the book to see if the writing was worth reading, (yes that's a terrible habit I have. Especially when I get back to said peeked at place and say "Well I'll just skip this because I read it 6 months ago in the bookstore when I bought it because I didn't have Indie books to review," and then realize, was this the one that had the snuffalupagus in roller
Vicki
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good creepy story but the format made character development and depth to the story difficult. I wanted more detail about their lives and relationships, about their back stories and inner torments. I like that at the end we still aren't quite sure what really happened, who the good guys were and who were the victims.
Maria
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars it was different the format was part diary part interviews etc, haven't quite made up my mind and feel a little confused with the ending but enough interest to finish the book.
Michelle
Feb 09, 2018
Julie Jerles
Feb 24, 2016
Dawn Kurtagich
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Manda
rated it it was ok
May 20, 2016
Woody
Oct 19, 2015
Dawn Kurtagich is a writer of creepy, spooky and psychologically sinister YA fiction, where girls may descend into madness, boys may see monsters in men, and grown-ups may have something to hide. Her debut YA novel, THE DEAD HOUSE, was called "an evil and original story" by bestselling author R.L Stine and ""...a haunting new thriller..." by Entertainment Weekly. Her second novel, AND THE TREES CR ...more