Start by marking “Royal Tour (Potion, #2)” as Want to Read:
Royal Tour (Potion, #2)

Royal Tour

(Potion #2)

Stolen memories, a lost diary and a race against time...

Having saved Princess Evelyn (and become her new BFF) Sam must accompany Evelyn on a world tour, so she can keep the princess (and everyone around her) safe with a power-binding potion. But Sam also has another reason to scour the globe. Someone has tampered with her grandad's mind, and Sam is the only one who can unl
Published August 11th 2016 by Simon & Schuster Children's UK

To ask other readers questions about Royal Tour, please sign up.
Amy Alward This will have the same title. Out Oct 17! And Madly is being retitled as The Potion Diaries in the US and Canada in paperback. So those Madly…moreThis will have the same title. Out Oct 17! And Madly is being retitled as The Potion Diaries in the US and Canada in paperback. So those Madly hardbacks will be like special editions...!(less)
Colette Rimmer I wouldn't say there wasn't really any inappropriate things in it. I enjoyed the book a lot, I'm 13.
So id say it would be young adult, 12/13+ or…more
So id say it would be young adult, 12/13+ or somewhere around them ages(less)

chloe ❀
Woop! That was a fun read - but I didn't like it as much as the first book in the series? RTC, stay tuned :)
Jess
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As wonderfully whirlwind as the first, Royal Tour picks up shortly after we left off, but the problems are a mix of old and new. Evelyn's magic out of control, Sam's grandad in hospital and Emilia Thoth loose - it's mayhem!

I have no desire to spoil this wonderful second instalment in the Potion Diaries series, so I will say no more of the plot. I will however say that this book is gorgeously imagined, fun, bubbly and exciting. I love matter of fact and smart Sam, her loyal Zain and honourable lo
Becki
Jun 15, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Update: It finally came in the mail. 3 months later. And after release date. But I guess in this case better late than never.

Yippee I just won this in a goodreads giveaway. This was just the best news after having a tonsillectomy yesterday.
rachel
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I wish I could say that this book was as good as The Potion Diaries but it didn’t quite live up to my expectations. I think the biggest problem I had with it was that the plot did not have a clear end goal. Well, not like the first book did. The whole desperation surrounding Sam’s need to find her great-grandmother’s potion diary was lost on me. I felt that it was a little over-exaggerated. I understand that she needed to save her grandfather and the diary held a possible solution but it was not ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
I will admit that I didn't like this as much as I did the first book. I still like the main character. I was a little disappointed by some of the outcomes in the story. I'm hoping the next book will be better. However, I'm a little worried seeing how the author ended this book.
Lulai
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as fun as the first book, but it was still a fun reading. I like Samantha and Zain, they are so great together and their relationship is so healthy.
The book is really similar to the first book with a quest, travels ... but some new stuff get into this sequel and it's give me good feeling about book 3
luna ☾
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I, for one, found the sequel better than the first book. Although there were a few parts that irked me, (like the goal of the plot being a bit blurry...), I did enjoy reading the way the characters developed, and the plot twists that happen definitely got me hooked.
And, of course, I can't forget the ending. I LOVE the ending, mostly because you think "Oh, everything's alright again!" and then you're like, "...Wait. THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN."
That's mostly what's got me itching for the third book
Faith Lund
Sep 09, 2015 marked it as to-read
Just finished the first book and I can't wait to see what happens next. So excited!!
books are love
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun sweet book. Very imaginative.

The gang is back and now Sam is on tour with the princess and her boyfriend Zain. Her families shop is busy and everything seems to be good.

We have Sam being Sam in this book with some fun and quirkiness in her. Zain is sweet and just adorable. He doesn’t push or treat kami any way but with respect and support. They are too cute together.

Now the adventure is the Royal tour and what a tour this is. Sam is the one out of her element but also in danger an
Leah
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this as much as the first book in this series, but I am planning to read the the next book. I thought this story was slower than the previous one. There wasn't a lot of romance in this book, either. The new information involving her great-grandmother was interesting. The MC made some stupid decisions, which frustrated me. Fortunatly, that didn't happen often in this story, and things ended up on the right side in the end. The potions and the mythical creatures were interesting, tho ...more
Jasmine
It distracted me while I had a stomach ache, which was all I asked of it, but which also means I really didn't focus well enough to keep track of emotional beats.

I'm interested in the next book, where that charming villain is destroyed. Right? Right? That— *stomps off muttering curses*
Sabrina
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it all the way through but just when you think it is ending all fine, it gets you on the last line! Must read 3rd book asap!!!
Zoë ☆
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
*4.5 stars!
Kwan Ann
why do i have a feeling that zain is based off zayn malik
16Hedgesa
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Potion Diaries series is a good and interesting way of viewing magic and there is great adventure story line that keeps the book going.
Katie
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read and reviewed the first book in this series earlier this summer. Royal Tour, the sequel, actually isn't available in the United States yet, but if you are impatient like me it can be ordered via amazon UK.

This book had a lot of the same bubbly energy as the first. The plot was fun, and we got to see more of the world that Alward has created. I do wish we could see even more of it, because I'm a nut for cool worldbuilding, but I'll be content with the knowledge that this is a series so we w
Mary
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! It was even better than the first one, the Potion Diaries! I became really good friends with Sam and adored Princess Evelyn! What I admired most about this book--and the series overall--is the unique world Amy Alward has built, her ability to write about magic in a modern day society as if it's something normal, as if it's actually real. And I could never predict what was going to happen next, once adventure and one trouble after the other, on every chapter. I was holding my breath the ...more
Gemma Handley
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm obsessed with this series!
There's something so fun about combining magic with the modern world and I'm so excited for the 3rd! I'm almost mad that I have to wait so long.
I felt this book got a bit more intense and darker than the previous and the characters got a little bit deeper which I loved, it's a nice natural progression and I hope the next couple of books follow in this way.
It's definitely better than I expected!
Harriet
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book! I don't think I liked it as much as the first one, but I did really like the ending- a couple of surprise things happened. I am looking forward to the next instalment in this series!
Kris
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of Royal Tour by Amy Alward through Goodreads and was pretty excited. While I hadn't read the first book in the Potion Diaries series, I'm usually game for books about magic, the supernatural, and mystical creatures; Royal Tour had all three!
In Royal Tour the natural alchemist, Sam, is still assisting Princess Evelyn with getting her magical powers under control but these efforts are hampered by Sam's need to go on a quest to find her Grandmother's lost potion dairy, which is necess
Stacey Browne
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Nikki
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this stronger than the first book - still bright and fun, but slightly less ridiculous.

Emilia is still a little 2-D as a villain, but I liked her arc in this book. And I love Sam’s dedication to her friends and family.

I really like the world building, and the way the alchemists and normals and talenteds interact. And the way the traditional alchemists interact with the synths. I think that’s a really interesting culture and I want to see more of it.

I also enjoyed getting to see non hu
Cynthia
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought, favorites, fantasy
Sam, Zain and princess Evelyn are back in this crazy sequel!
Someone has attacked Sam's grandfather and now Sam had to go on her own hunt to save him. And beside that she also has other problems to deal with.
Luckily she can always count on her friends.

Alward did it again- and better! This book was amazing! It was exciting, adventurous and shocking. The plot was well thought-out and just- ARGH! IT WAS GREAT!

I love that this book shows that heroes aren't perfect. They make long-lasting mistakes too
Hannah
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to dive back into this world and cannot wait to see what happens in the next instalment which is on pre-order.

I know I'm not supposed to like Emilia Thoth as she'd, you know, 'the bad guy', but she is awesome as a character. I mean I love Evelyn, Sam, Molly and Zain but Emilia showed what it's like to be stuck in a position you don't really want to be in.

Royal Tour did not suffer from what has been coined as 'second book syndrome' and it was as equally enjoyable and thrilling
Laura Mauro
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved returning to this world. I really loved the adventure and the quest of this novel. I just really liked how this book not only expanded the world but also the many mysteries and quests that occur. I really grew to love Sam in this novel. I really loved the world building on this book a lot. I was easily to fly through this novel. I thought the pacing was bit choppy at points and just wanted more of the side characters like kristy and her best friend to be featured a tad more. But i ...more
Kimmy
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Royal Tour is an energetic and fun read. While this 2nd installment did not live up to the Potion Diaries it was still full of fun, adventure, romance and the amazing world of Alchemy.

Amy Alward has imagined a vibrant and detailed world that really does suck you in. It's part of the magic in this series.

I did feel like some parts of this tale were rushed, a hastily written dramatic scene near the end of the book felt like it was over before it began.
Beth
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A much darker story than the first with many plot twists towards the end, the only thing that I struggle with is if it really is romance, for example when Zain and Sam finally meet each other again after many different awful events, they just have a quick peck on the lips and then don't even sleep in the same bed as each other. Maybe the romcoms have gone to my head! A great book though, that I thoroughly enjoyed!
Morgan Holt
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: obsession
This book was also amazing. I do prefer the first one, though, but I understand how hard it is to create a second plot in the same universe. I do love Sam's newfound friendship with the princess but how she is still loyal to Anita. And I love all the fluff in Zain and Sam's relationship. Another great read!
océane (une.bibliotheque)
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I finally finished it but guys, it was so much better than the first one! Samantha is way more determined than ever and ready to do whatever it takes to save everyone! She is such a strong female character, she makes her own decisions, she surely makes mistakes but she still is a teenager learning from her grandfather!

It was such a good read! I really hope for a third book for new aventures!!!
Dark Chocolate
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Amy Alward for giving us another amazing book filled with adventures, romance, alchemy, magic and so much more! I can hardly wait for the 3rd book to be out this month with the way the Royal Tour ended ! So many things to go wrong, so many thing to go right! Ahhh..

ps: I'm not the only one who thinks that you-know-who might still be alive, right?
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dreaming the Bear
  • The Selkie Sorceress (Seal Island Trilogy #3)
  • The Boot Camp
  • The Devil's Dreamcatcher (The Devil's, #2)
  • A Life Earthbound (Dryad Quartet #3)
  • The Witch's Curse (Legend of the Dreamer, #1.1)
  • One Italian Summer
  • Slay
  • Wish You Were Here
  • The Time of the Reaper (Reapers, #1)
  • Tribute
  • Skary Childrin and the Carousel of Sorrow
  • Nibbles: The Book Monster
  • Awaken
  • North Pole Reform School
  • Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
  • A Spoonful of Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #6)
  • Mist (Mist, #1)
Amy Alward is a 30-something Chinese-White author, born in the UK and raised in Canada, currently based in London, UK. In 2013, she was listed as one of The Bookseller's Rising Stars. Her debut fantasy adventure novel, The Oathbreaker's Shadow, was published in 2013 under the name Amy McCulloch and was longlisted for the 2014 Branford Boase Award for best UK debut children's book. Her first book w ...more

Potion (4 books)
  • The Potion Diaries (Potion, #1)
  • Going Viral (Potion, #3)
  • Untitled (Potion, #4)