Start by marking “Temporally Out of Order” as Want to Read:
Temporally Out of Order

Temporally Out of Order

(Katherine "Kitty" Katt #11.1 (Alien Time Warp))

It’s frustrating when a gadget stops working. But what if the gadget is working fine, it’s just “temporally” out of order? What would you do if you discovered your cell phone linked you to a different time? Or that your camera took pictures of the past?

In this collection, seventeen leading science fiction authors share their take on what happens when gadgets run temporal
Published August 25th 2015 by Zombies Need Brains LLC

To ask other readers questions about Temporally Out of Order, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temporally Out of Order

The Spiel of the Glocken by Laura Resnick - 3/5 stars
The Passing Bell by Amy Griswold -
Delta
Jul 06, 2018 marked it as anthology-to-finish
Not All is as it Seems by Faith Hunter — a story from the world of Jane Yellowrock 3.75 stars
The sudden appearance of a quaint teapot summons trouble in the form of two vampires to the home of earth witch Molly Everhart and her two children. With her husband, Big Evan, away on business, can Molly keep her death magics under control as she protects her family and solves the mystery?
Erin Penn
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read in one sitting which is not why I buy anthologies ... I just couldn't put this one down.

One of the best anthologies I have read in consistence of quality. I did not find a single one of poor quality and think at least a few will haunt me for a while. The only down-side is the temporal issues (the theme of the anthology being an artifact making time act wrong) was repetitive; and I am never a big fan of time-travel stuff. Which when I say, every short story in the book is good, means an anti
Colette
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is not my normal genre and I only read it because one of my favorite authors, Gini Koch had a story in it, Alien Warp. I loved that one, but was pleasantly surprised when the other stories held my attention. It's a fast read and great when you are looking for something a bit different to read.
Michele
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
A fun and engaging anthology. Only two stories didn't work for me (interestingly both were set in the authors' pre-existing 'verses). Two made me cry: Sofie Bird's 'A is for Alacrity, Astronauts, and Grief' and Edmund Schubert's 'Batting out of Order', while Juliet McKenna's 'Notes & Queries' was a wonderfully joyous offering.
Wendy S. Delmater
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a themed short story collection about Time Travel, but it’s all inadvertent time travel. That makes this collection unique, in my opinion. As is my custom, I will touch on each story in my review.

The first offering is “Reading Lists” by Seanan McGuire. There is a room in a library that is out of order due to a “causality problem.” 51-year-old Megan Halprin keeps taking out books, that show her to have taken it out already, and it’s five years overdue. A story of how reading can change yo
Elyn
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: time-travel, science-fiction, romance
Shelves: anthologies, scifi
As a person whos first language isnt english, I didnt get the joke in the title until the first story - that "temporally" meant "out of time" and "temporarly" would be "for a short while" and the correct term. So, I expected a bunch of stories about broken devices and the trouble they caused. Like "the car wouldnt start, so I missed a flight which turned out to crash" or just the usual "my handy broke and after a while of panicking I discover its not that bad".
Ill admit, Im not a fan of time-tr
Travis
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Amusing, thought provoking, interesting, and funny, all sorts of stories, and not a dud among them.
I enjoyed this collection of stories, and if you're a fan of humor, space, science, fantasy, technology, and any number of other diciplines, you will to, not all stories will appeal to everyone, but this collection seems to have something that should appeal to most folks, so you're likely to find something here to suit your reading style, so feel free to add this one to your want to read list, you'
Charl
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: y2018
Several good ones, several okay ones, a couple I didn't finish. That's a pretty good score for a collection.

And as a fan of time travel stories, ALL of them were pretty original idea. A good collection
Eric Desmarais
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wonderful concept with some fantastic stories.
Veronica
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rated only for the Faith Hunter Story
Rebekah
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
A few fantastic stories, a few terrible stories, lots of mediocre stories.
Pam Bales
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice set of short stories with a time twist. Lots of different ideas on how time being "temporarily" out of order can affect people.
Sarah Hughes
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Only read the Jane Yellowrock story. Rating is not for the complete anthology
Emily
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up for the Faith Hunter and Seanan McGuire pieces, but all of these were absolutely fascinating. Definitely an enjoyable read!
Heather
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it
just read the Jane Yellowrock story.
Theresa
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
It could have been just a mismatch between subject and myself but I found many of the stories to be just 'meh' instead of really enjoyable.
L.E. Doggett
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think three and a half on this one.

Some great writers here. Actually all the stories were well written. Different types of twists on the title, some really great and others, for me, not so great but still good. Great action scenes, descriptions and characters. The last story is different almost maybe humorous, but yet serious I thought.
Hisham El-far
This kickstarted anthology is like most anthologies, a mixed bag. There are no bad stories here, but I enjoyed some stories much more than others. Here are the stories I thought were the best;

Reading Lists by Seanan McGuire.
This short story is EVERYTHING. Every visit I made to a library and the feelings of betrayal that I hadn't discovered "this" or "that" book years before... or the wishing that lost opportunities had in fact been taken. It's all expressed through this one, short, sweet story.
Annie
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
As with any anthology there will be some stories you like more then others. this theme really appealed to me, something about things being "Temporally" out of order caught my imagination. I love sci fi with temporal issues. I knew this was the anthology to get (there are many others by the same publisher with very different themes.)
There were a couple stories I felt were a bit out of place, they didn't really seem to fit the theme (they were both short stores from other series) there were a cou
Samuel Lubell
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf, fantasy, stories
My review is online at http://www.sfrevu.com/php/Review-id.p...

I liked the twists and gimmicks but a few suffered from the standard problem of theme anthologies. Because the reader knows the theme stories that depend on the revelation surprising the reader won't work. (i.e. the revelation that the cat is a vampire will surprise if the story appears in F&SF, but not in an anthology of vampire stories.)
Earl C
An interesting and eclectic collection of short stories themed around "broken" objects that shift people in time. The writing is generally good but the mixture is a bit uneven. The stories in this collection range from acceptable to excellent. Not a bad way to pass the time and you may find a new author to follow or a gem from one you already read.
Anne
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A book of seventeen short stories about things, places, or events that are temporally out of order. Not TEMPORARILY, but temporary. Of the seventeen stories, all but one is fantastic, and that is even decent. Authors include Seanan McGuire, Laura Anne Gilman, Laura Resnick along with several others. Well worth a read.
Caitlin
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very solid anthology. Most excellent, and a couple good, and one from a series I don't like. Despite the shared theme, they are very different feeling stories, and I read the anthology almost straight through. Fun thought exercise, with thoughtful, tragic, or amazing results.
Jen
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Better dud-to-gem ratio than most anthologies. There were only a couple stories I didn't care for, the others were all stellar (and those couple might have been just not to my taste). Fantastic read and one of the Kickstarters I'm most pleased to have backed.
Helen M. Whitchurch
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting

Short stories are not usually my thing but these are future classics. The one about artificial nose reminds me of reading that scents are the most evocative of memories.
Heather
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I originally bought this book because of Faith Hunter having a story in it. Which of course, was great and left me wanting more! Since it features many different authors, it gave me a good idea of new authors works that I'll have to read in the future!
Emily Leathers
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
These were fine stories. I particularly enjoyed Reading List, 'A' is for..., Alien Time Warp, and Notes and Queries. I didn't really like The Passing Bell, though the story was well-written.
Kat
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
All of the stories were well-written, but as with most anthologies, not all of them were to my taste. My favorites were "Reading Lists" by Seanan McGuire and "Not All Is As It Seems" by Faith Hunter.
Greer Muldoon
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short stories. Can get through one on morning commute and one on evening commute.

• Haints (Jane Yellowrock, #0.6)
  • Were-
  • Hex in the City (Fiction River, #5)
  • Shattered Shields
  • Urban Enemies
  • Defying Doomsday
  • Ex Libris: Stories of Librarians, Libraries, and Lore
  • Glitter & Mayhem
  • The Other Half of the Sky
Joshua Palmatier started writing science fiction and fantasy novels and short stories in the eighth grade, when the teacher assigned a one page Twilight Zone-ish short story. He wrote a story about Atlantis. It was from the perspective of one of the inhabitants as he escaped in a spaceship, watching his world being destroyed by water from one of the viewports of the ship. He got an A. Joshua hasn' ...more

Katherine "Kitty" Katt (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1)
  • Alien Tango (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #2)
  • Alien in the Family (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #3)
  • Alien Proliferation (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #4)
  • Alien Diplomacy (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #5)
  • Alien vs. Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #6)
  • Alien in the House (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #7)
  • Alien Research (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #8)
  • Alien Collective (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #9)
  • Universal Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #10)
“I first suspected something was amiss when I exited the coffee shop on Greenup Street and was knocked down by a herd of bison.” 1 likes