Start by marking “Dancing with Flames (Dragon's Breath, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dancing with Flames (Dragon's Breath, #2)

Dancing with Flames

(Dragon's Breath #2)

Book 2 of the Dragon's Breath Series.

Four months ago, fire-breathing dragons invaded Earth from an alternate dimension, wreaking havoc on modern civilization. Bailey Monzac has been training to kill them ever since discovering she was impervious to their flames, but when some of the beasts begin targeting children, she can’t hold back any longer and must hunt them down.

He
ebook
Published June 24th 2016

Start your review of Dancing with Flames (Dragon's Breath, #2)
Aneela ♒the_mystique_reader♒
It has been 4 months since fire-breathing dragons from another dimension have invaded earth. The world with its civilization has been destructed. The dragons keep on extending their territories burning civilization to ashes. There is no place on earth to hide from them.

The dragon slayer Bailey is honing her skills to kill dragons. His ally, the shape-shifter dragon, Aiden is occupied with the task his father has given him to prove himself worthy as a candidate for leadership of their clan.

Baile
Abra
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I didn't want Dancing With Flames to end.

As the book begins dragons have been on earth for four months. Between the dragons and the various environmental events (earthquakes, storms, etc.) caused by the dragons' world meshing with ours, there has been an apocalypse of sorts and people are dealing with the fall of the industrialized world. Bailey, our heroine and dragon slayer, is living in an enclave mostly inhabited by her college friends. They forage for food and supplie
Melinda Howard
*This book was received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This was a really interesting and original take on the apocalypse which involved dragons. The characters were well developed and the plot was quite fast paced. After I had finished reading this book I found out it was the second book in the series. When I was reading it however, I would not have guessed this. The book was so well written that it could almost be a stand alone. I can't wait to read the first book and discover m
Fae Crate
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
So this book is all about Dragons and Dragon Slayers. How much more badass does it get right? So this book starts where the first, Stalked by Flames, left off. Dragons have invaded from another dimensions and they are nasty. People are now being trained to assassinate these dragons, and here we meet our heroine Bailey Monzac. Bailey cannot be hurt by dragon fire which pretty much sets in stone her occupation in life. Especially once these dragons decide to abduct many children, her choice is mad ...more
Sarah Leenart
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As with the first book in their series I am not sure where to start this review it was so mind blowingly good. Took my breath away in every aspect. These characters in this world like up so bright in my mind it's impossible not to see them, and then continue seeing them long after I have finished the book. I had no need to go back and read the first book to refresh my mind when this second in the series came out because everything was still there in my head. There are a few books along the way t ...more
Heather
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dragons and Dragon Slayers how can you go wrong?!?

I was so excited to read this book, although I did not know it was a sequel. I was confused in the first chapter, but instantly caught up and fell into the story. I love following Aiden and Bailey. Aiden is a dragon who has formed an unconventional relationship with the dragon slayer Bailey when his demension collides with earth. The character development throughout the story was strong. Susan Illene does an excellent job developing both the main
Sherri
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-owned
A very exciting read. I am loving the developments between Aiden and Bailey. Also loved to get to know Phoebe. A few awesome plot twists.
Kara-karina
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I feel like this series develops at a steady, good pace. The world-building is clear and established, the romance is a very slow burn, and the action sequences are as tasty as ever. Overall, big thumbs up to Susan and her dragon slayer.

Bailey continues her training with Aidan, who not only wants her as a strong ally to his shifter clan, but is more and more attracted to her on a personal level. Aidan's character has some fantastic development in this book, starting from competing with his broth
Amanda White
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I enjoyed this book immensely. Bailey really grew as a character and her and Aiden's relationship grew steadily despite them being apart for some of the book. I also enjoyed watching Bailey and Phoebe become better friends. There was also plenty of action and intrigue which made the book interesting.
Antic8te
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-audible
Good world-building, nice to have a fantasy series that isn't following the same often repeated themes of vampires & werewolves.
wish I could rate half-stars. this really felt like a 3.5 stars. Enjoyed it and will likely read the next, but at the same time something about the characters keeps me from loving it.
Jo Dawson
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, probably even more than the first book in the series. Bailey is coming into her own as a force to be reckoned with as Aiden is trying to navigate dragon politics. The action was great, and I really liked getting to know Aiden's family better as well as more about the human's life. This was a great sequel - loved it!
Roxy Fox
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Personal Notes:
fast, and intriguing story
strong female characters
love the action in this series
love dragon stories
Warning:
slight skim (B 2, 3)
Koffe
Meh very predictable nothing really surprising still very mediocre.
Chris
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

If your into Fantasy/Sci-fi I recommend this series. Really takes off in book two. Humanity's fate in the hands of one person.
Josephine
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this story it is beautifully written.
Dixie
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE IT!! IT'S SO GOOD!! NEED THE NEXT ONE NOW
Becca (The Troubles and Woes of a Bookworm)
I love the forbidden-lovers aspect, makes it feel more appropriate for having picked this series up and read the first two books on Valentines Day.
Anne Szlachcic
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Think Buffy the vampire slayer and then replace that with Bailey the dragon slayer .

Fast paced story telling that hooks you in from start to finish .

Earth is suffering apocalyptic damage after colliding with an other dimension , which allowed the dragons exiled there hundreds of years ago to now seek their vengeance .
Humans are suffering , living in enclaves , trying to survive any way they can - BUT children have now started to disappear , taken by a 'green' dragon .
Bailey , having discovered t
Meagan Durham
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Angel Hatfield
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Earth collides with another dimension where dragons have been exiled for hundreds of years now the dragons can seek revenge. The dragons have been on earth four months. Bailey is a dragon hunter who is looking for the green dragon who has been taking children. Aidan is a red dragon shifter who has helped Bailey to train on her slaying skills. If Aidan gets caught helping Bailey it would mean he would be put to dearth.. But he secretly agrees to help Bailey find the green dragon that is taking th ...more
Books In Brogan
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
This is the 2nd in the series I really love the first one and this just keeps building on a great world and characters while adding a lot of mystery about the future.  Can't wait to read the next one coming out later this year. Books 1 Stalked by Flames This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
Clarke
3.7 Stars. While I liked the potential in the first book the author didn't do enough world building for me to love it. I figured I'd read this book since I had already picked it up and I wanted to know what happens to Bailey and Aidan.

There still isn't a lot of character development/world building but things have stabilized. The two worlds have collided and everyone is trying to adjust to this new world. Bailey does what she does best killing all the dragons she can find. Aidan doesn't get to s
Pam
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Ok. Not as I expected. In fact, I was bored until 50%. The first book was exciting from the beginning. This book was a struggle for me to stay with. I agree with other reviewers that Bailey and Aiden should have spent more time together. The surrounding characters were great. I love Phoebe. Very strong and loving. Their father was an ass. I suspect Zoran and Ruari behaved the way their father did to his siblings. Which is why none of them were there to fight for pendragon. I expect Ruari to die. ...more
Tanella
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it..

Long awaited second novel in the series and it was worth the wait. A lot of action and the romance between Bailey, the dragon slayer and Aiden, the shape shifting dragon was slow but sweet.
I would love more romance in book three and More of a storyline with Phoebe. I don't like love triangles but maybe something to shake Aiden up and get him to man up and commit.
Loved the book and I highly recommend the series.
Alexandra G.
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Even more awesome than the first.
It has a lot more action and intrigue, and this author never chases to amaze me with her characters.
Now I have to wait about 3 thousand years for the next one...
ZINORA  M. MITCHELL
A pleasurable reading experience

Excellent book. Strong, intelligent and interesting characters. Good plot and development. I always enjoy strong female characters that are complex . I also enjoy male characters that are secure enough to appreciate their strength. Bailey and Phoebe are strong women, and Aiden and Doner appear to be the kind of men capable of appreciating such a woman's worth. I look forward to the continuing series.
Kathie
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I actually like this one better than the first. Bailey is a strong character and a force to be reckoned with. Phoebe is also a great character. Aiden is an enigma and I really like his discipline, strength, and integrity. The hierarchy of the shifters and dragons is explored, as well as the machinations to undermine certain factions of their societies. Forged by Flames is going on my pre-order list!
Tamara
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you liked the first book, then you will enjoy this one, too. The MC is just as great as in the first book, we learn more about the dragons, get some romance and lots of action. If you think a urban fantasy apocalypse story with dragons and a strong heroine is your thing, then start reading this series.
Alice R. Magaha
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continues the story with excitement

Having lived in Norman, OK, I can relate to this story and feel like I'm right there with Bailey. This is just as entertaining as the first book. I'm down loading the third book as I write this review. It is 1;45 am and I can't wait to start book 3!
E Geyer
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Next, please!!

This series has quickly become one of my favorites. I was so disappointed when the first book was over and there weren't more written yet!!! Second installment was as good as the first and can't wait to see what happens in the third.

• Shrill Dusk (City of Magic #1)
  • Wolf's Bane (Moon Marked, #1)
  • Dire Straits (Bo Blackman, #1)
  • Furtive Dawn (City of Magic #3)
  • Risk (Mageri, #6; Mageriverse #6)
  • Dragon Mated (Supernatural Prison, #3)
  • For King and Corruption (Dark Maji, #4)
  • Broken Compass (Supernatural Prison Story #1)
  • Dragon Mystics (Supernatural Prison #2)
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Nevermore (Crossbreed, #6; Mageriverse #20)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
  • Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • Blackout (Crossbreed, #5; Mageriverse #19)
  • Twisted is the Crown (Dark Maji, #3)
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #4)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Vampire's Kiss (Legion of Angels #1)
Susan Illene served in the US Army for eleven years and worked as a human resources specialist and an Arabic linguist. She served two deployments to Iraq, and after leaving the army, she studied history at the University of Oklahoma. She and her husband currently live in Oklahoma with two high-maintenance cats doing their best to help her write her books.

Dragon's Breath (5 books)
  • Stalked by Flames (Dragon's Breath, #1)
  • Forged by Flames (Dragon's Breath, #3)
  • Christmas with Dragons (Dragon's Breath, #4)
  • Captured in Flames (Dragon's Breath, #5)