Start by marking “Paradise (A Masters of The Order Novel)” as Want to Read:
Paradise (A Masters of The Order Novel)

Paradise

(The Masters of the Order #2)

Welcome back to The Order, an elite and secret society of powerful brothers bound by social status and sexual tastes. Come. Play dark games with us.

The hopeful embrace destiny; the hopeless run from it.

Doms are not princes and Jacques Meszaros certainly isn’t. Or is he? A business tycoon, philanthropist, and sexual Dominant, Jacques makes the rules, but doesn’t always abid

To ask other readers questions about Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paradise

carol
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: BDSM and adult genre readers, caution people or loved ones with cancer, though.
This is the second in Jillain Verne's Masters series which concentrates on one of The Order members, this is a brotherhood of billionaire, philanthropic, Doms, who support one another in all aspects of life. Nice fantasy.

This focuses on Spanish, Isabella Rey, and oncology nurse in Paris, and Jacques Metzaros, of Greek origin and one of The Order, from the first in the order of Nicolai and Julianne, this is about Nicolai's cousin, and Isla and Jacques meet at Nicolai's art exhibition.

This has goo
Jillian Verne
Jan 15, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
My name is Isabella Rey, and Paradise is my story.

Do you believe in angels? Do you dream of finding your prince? Do you know what it's like to suffer something so terrifying that you lose hope that anything good and peaceful awaits you just around the next bend?

I do.

I dreamed of my prince. Yes, I'll admit it. The whole fairy-tale-princess dream complete with sparkles and song birds, white steeds and magic. But my prince was different. You see, I'm not only an oncology nurse with four perfect br
Gem Larkspur
Complex, engaging, and erotic - Paradise is the type of romance the reader can fall into and stay awhile. The central characters, Jacques and Isla, are well-drawn and compelling as is their multi-layered relationship. Adding depth to the characters and the story are a series of secondary characters and subplots that give alternative views into both Jacques’ and Isla’s characters – making the development of their romance more believable. There are highs and lows throughout the novel, reminiscent ...more
Ro Dubose
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4.5
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph

Isabella grew up in a sheltered Catholic household, but knows she has fantasies that don’t quite gel with her upbringing. After receiving some bad news, her roommate decides Isabella is going to have some fun. Jacques sees Isabella at the gallery and is very intrigued by her, as she seems to have no fear of saying ‘no’ to him.

Paradise is the second book in the Masters of the Order series. This story is about Jacques, Nico’s cousin, and Isabella e
Sivutha
4.5 pleasure and pain stars. If you a good BDSM read, then this is the book for you. Jasque and Isla are def steaming up the room with some of scene. Move over Fifty, there some new players in town.

“I don’t want you to be anything other than the man you are, Jacques. You said you want to be different, but in this, I don’t want different. I only want you. You’re mine and with you, I am perfect.”

“He smiled and it was almost shy. “I want forever, Isabella.”

“I love you.” She threw her hands over he
Caz Malpas
3.5 - 4 SPANKINGLY GOOD STARS

ARC kindly provided from author for honest review.

If you want a BDSM romance, similar to FSOG, but with a darker master in the form of Jacques Meszaros then this could be for you.

I enjoyed this book, Isabella was the heroine of the story, and having received some devastating news decides to give into her naughty side and embark on a week of indulging herself into fulfilling her darkest desires. Her partner and teacher for this is Jacques. Neither are looking for love
Megan
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paradise is a story about destiny, love, and hope. It is a beautiful story of how love can conquer all even when life is not fair and all is hopeless. I fell in love with the softer Jacques, and how he had to learn and adapt for the love of his life. Isla, our heroine, is such a strong person through all that life throws at her. Compared to the first book in this series, Paradise definitely has a lighter tone to it which I find much more enjoyable. The Angel and Devil within Isla brought much la ...more
Cindi Russell
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in the Masters of the Order series, and I loved it! It had everything I enjoy in this type of book. The characters are well developed, the writing is good, the supporting characters are interesting and the sex scenes are scorching! You really care about everyone in this book and are pulling for them all the way. While book 1 took a little bit to get into, I jumped both feet first into this one and never lost the momentum all the way through. And while there is definitely a HEA end ...more
Joy
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a book! This novel is the reason to read romance. It has absolutely everything. Characters to fall in love and lust with, an irresistible journey that carries the reader away with tears, laughter and lots of face fanning along the way, and one of the best HEAs I've ever read. Isabella is a female protagonist extraordinaire and Jacques is...smoldering, sexy, dominant, delicious and somehow adorable. Together they are pure passion. Every page built up to the last scene, which left me crying, ...more
Kat Loves
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so not what I expected. When I started it I was prepared for your usual run of the mill BDSM romance however what I got was that and much much more. The profound emotions and heartache poured through the pages from start to finish.

Both Isabella and Jacques face a heartache that is so profound that I found myself sobbing for them. I also cried many happy tears for this couple as they came to terms with their fate.

I loved the depth of all the characters in this story. The author de
 Joyce
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm can't even think of a good comparison for this book. Excellent character building, captivating story line, and the perfect Happily Ever after including the dream wedding! I couldn't put this one down and am kicking myself for not reading book one first. I can't wait to start the next one in this series!
Amber J.
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FSOG fans, this is a must read!!! A wonderful story of love, faith and hope told with elegance and international flair. I could not put this book down!!!!! There are a few typo-s, which did not take away from the story.
Rochelle
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal series. The author really knows how to draw a reader in.
Salima Queen
Well done Jillian Verne. 4.0 Stars!!!!

I really enjoyed the push and pull between Jacques and Isla. They both are very strong minded individuals who are very independent. It was a great romance where a Dom of the Order feel in love and has to give up some of his control to Isla. And Isla had to find Hope for herself and she can plan for the future. I enjoyed the previous characters from the first book. I really liked the boyz intervention when Jacques found out about the baby. It was a HEA.

I lik
Low-La
I enjoyed this second book to the Masters of the Order Series. This one delves into the story involving Jacques Meszaros and Isabella Rey. Jacques is the sexy, Greek Dom / tycoon who has played his life as if he cannot love or be loved. Along comes Isabella who cannot make decisions on who to love b/c of her conscious - Angel (90%) or Devil (10%). (I really related to Isabella in this one, having had my brother pass away from Cancer, I understand her loving nature and giving to others.)
For me,
Kat
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, e-own, free
This was a really good book. It clicked for me more than the first book.

Isabella was such a contrast of good and bad. I enjoyed her spunky character and her "good" and "bad" self talk. Jacques was a great character. I liked that he failed at times and was desperate. Isabella humbled him by her actions and expectations throughout the story. I felt his character was more relatable once he had something to lose.

Both of these characters made big mistakes in their relationship. It was very interesti
Feeling It
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If Masterpiece was a good debut from a first-time author, Paradise is a wonder. Funny. Sad. Hopeful. Hopeless. I haven't read anything quite like this in this genre. How can you not love Isabella? Or, is it Angel or Devil Isabella I like more? And, although Isabella appears the sadder, she is more hopeful than Jacques, who appears to have it all except the woman of his dreams. Until....

You will love this book. It is a great story, and a fun read. I hope Ms. Verne keeps the humor coming.

And, she
Prismseven
I was a lucky winner of this story in a wonderful anniversary event hosted by the Goodreads group Erotica.

This is the second story I have read from this author and I find myself looking forward to reading many more in the future. The author does a wonderful job of telling individual characters story's while relating it to a larger cast of characters. A great stand alone within a series.
Bookie
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, this author is surprisingly terrific. Perhaps too much so for this genre. This story is kinky, but the romance, emotional depth, and characterization take the novel to a different level. Hat's off to JVerne for pulling me in like she has. whether you are into BDSM or not, this series is one not to miss.
Melanie Marnell
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jacques and Isabella are destined to be together but their journey to love is not easy. Both parties make mistakes along the way. Lies and secrets are slowly revealed which cause pain and betrayal. Leaps of faith are made and hope is finally found. Love overcomes every obstacle and a HEA is achieved.

All the characters is this book are powerful, syrong, dynamic and oh so interesting. Ms Verne has created a an enjoyable reading experience with this book and series.
Charity
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book in an event with the Erotica Group- Thank You Jillian for donating!

I enjoyed this second book to the Masters of the Order Series a little better than the first. The first book had a lot of long winded dialog like a historical, although this story did have some area's that dragged on a little too much it was much more relatable.

Jacques is the sexy Dom who long for his destiny. Isabella has to deal with a very difficult situation all while fighting her conscious about how she feel
Cam
~Sarah~
May 18, 2016
Themis
Aug 07, 2015
  • Unsure (Sure Mastery #1)
  • Topping the Domme (Crime and Punishment, #1)
  • Royally Trained (Royals of Colania #1)
  • Renovating a Heart (Love Under Construction, #3)
  • Pinch Me (Suncoast Society, #6)
  • Named and Shamed (Pony Tales, #4)
  • Claiming Catherine (Montana Maiden #1)
  • Brie's Mile High Club (Submissive in Love, #7)
  • Wicked Ways (Dark Hearts, #1)
  • On the Auction Block (Slave of the Aristocracy, #1)
  • Apartment 21: Part 1 (Erotic Romance Novella Serial, #1)
  • Fantasy Forfeit (The Sera Diaries #1)
  • The Training Session (Naughty Bits, #2)
  • Sanctuary (The Freaks MC, #2)
  • Tastes Like Candy (Lean Dogs Legacy, #2)
Hello, darlings. I would much rather hear about you and your opinion of the Masters of the Order series, but here goes. I live in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania with my husband (who has been my rock for longer than I'm willing to admit), two daughters (who are and always will be my inspiration), and one royal cat to lord over us all. I'm passionate about my family, the beach and hockey. I am an Italia ...more

The Masters of the Order (4 books)
  • Masterpiece (The Masters of the Order, #1)
  • Godsend (The Masters of the Order, #3)
  • Harmony (The Masters of the Order, #4)
“Even though she hadn’t gotten laid for a while, she was no virgin and Craig had seen the library on her Kindle. She didn’t have to be embarrassed around him about her fantasies. All that kinky stuff turned him on too and he was a lot more adventurous.” 0 likes
“One word changes everything. And that word is hope.” 0 likes