Start by marking “Bryant's Gap” as Want to Read:
Bryant's Gap

Bryant's Gap

Crime and violence are commonplace in 1947 postwar Chicago, but when a man’s mangled body is discovered on the railroad tracks in a small southern Illinois town, people take notice.

Bargetown’s Chief of Police, Bert Thatcher looks to a seasoned railroad detective, Grady Colston, for help in solving the case. Fate has brought them together, but they soon realize just how
Paperback, 1
Published May 19th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Bryant's Gap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bryant's Gap

Start your review of Bryant's Gap
Steve
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read! Burge grabs your attention at the beginning and doesn't let go... a captivating book.
Victor Gentile
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Michael E. Burge in his new book, “Bryant’s Gap” published by Michael E. Burge gives us a story of truth, justice and redemption.

From the back cover: In 1947 postwar Chicago, mob related violence is commonplace. Nothing stands in the way of the “Outfit” when it comes to making money; a body here or there, who really cares as long as everyone’s pockets are lined, but when a man is found dead in a small Illinois town—people take notice.

Bargetown’s Chief of Police Bert Thatcher looks to a seasoned
Kimberly Chavez
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bryant's Gap is an intriguing murder mystery with much stronger character development than you see in many of today's bestsellers. It harkens back to a time when people took the time to really get to know each other and build close relationships. There are also fun references to popular radio shows of the time period - who doesn't love a good Lone Ranger reference?

Meticulously researched, Bryant's Gap is chock full of Chicago area history, beautiful descriptions of the surrounding countryside
Fee Roberts
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, read-2016
My Review of Bryant's Gap I won this book in a giveaway on a reading blog and this is my honest review. Bryant's Gap by Michael E. Burge is a stand alone mystery. I don't usually read mysteries, but I was intrigued by Michael's writing style. The characters pulled me in as they were so real to life. I'm impressed with the vivid descriptions, as if I were there in 1947 postwar Chicago. This is definitely one of the best book that I have read this year.
Michael Duffy
added it
Aug 20, 2019
Lesa B. Hildebrand
Feb 17, 2019
Michael E. Burge grew up in the Chicago suburbs and a small town on the Wabash River in Southern Illinois.
In the late sixties, he left college to serve on a U.S. Navy destroyer out of Norfolk, Virginia. Upon leaving the service, he transitioned to a career in the burgeoning computer industry, positions in product management and marketing.
He is now pursuing his lifelong interest in writing,