Start by marking “Rock N Soul” as Want to Read:
Rock N Soul

Rock N Soul

I’m Tyler Lindsey, and until recently, I had an okay apartment, an okay girlfriend, and an okay job as a bellboy at a respectable Boston hotel. Then rock star Chris Raiden died right before I brought his room service—stiffing me on the tip, by the way—and my life went to hell. My fifteen minutes of fame was more like five seconds, and my girlfriend left me in disgust.

But e
Published January 16th 2016 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rock N Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock N Soul

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Holy crap, you guys, I LOVED this book.

And, yes, it totally took me by surprise.

First of all, Lauren Sattersby is a newbie author, which automatically made my expectations pretty low. Secondly, rock star books are not really my thing, and they can be pretty hit or miss for me.

But, seriously, I'm in mourning that Lauren Sattersby has no backlist for me to devour because I am so crushing on her author-style right now!!

This book was right up my alley for a lot of reasons.

It is slooooooow burn-y.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm not going to give this book one star. That wouldn't be fair. The writing's snappy and the idea anything if not creative.

But after the first 100 pages of innane banter and discussions about ex-girlfriends and more banter, I was Done (yes, with a capital D).

Less reminiscing about the hotness of women, more man-on-man action, please.

This wasn't slow burn as much as slow torture by boredom.

But I carried on.

Then I got to the end and let out a scream worthy of Edvard Munch.

It turns out that I (vie
Tanu Gill
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Goodness!

This was SUCH an amazing book! Right when I read the blurb, I wanted to get to the end because I was curious about how they will end up together. So I just put on my scanning glasses and went to work! ;-)

I loved Tyler. I loved Chris. But what I loved the most was their sarcasm. It made for such an enjoyable read. The continuous back and forth lasted till the end, and I read it all with a smile (and the random occasions of laughing out loud).

The plot intrigued me to no end. I mea
Kade Boehme
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
JFC. I hav a weakness for M/M with ghosts. It's the only paranormal read I like. But I'm super picky and don't read them often bc they have to be done JUST so. I was nervous bc she's new and the book is long (400 pages in print / 5400ish kindle locations).

Omfg, tho. I. LOVED. This. It had so much heart. And Chris & Tyler are just so so much fun together with the snarking. And when their first time happens (like 70% tho so settle in for the slow burn) it was PERF because it was hot AF and all
Susan
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Huh.

Maybe I'll just start by saying that this is my first book by the author and I really like her voice. The book started out strong and the 1st person POV of our MC Tyler had me laughing and snickering and snarkying alongside him. I was hopeful.

Enter in Chris, the rock star, the dead rock star, the dead but not passing to the afterlife rock star, the ghost rock star. I also liked Chris. I found myself really enjoying the banter between the 2 of them. For 20 pages, 30 pages, less so at 40 pages
Ije the Devourer of Books
This is a lovely story and well written but after a while it dragged a bit for me.

Tyler works as a bellboy in a Boston hotel. He has a girlfriend and gets by on his tips but he is drifting through life. Things begin to change when he finds Chris Raiden, a rock star, dead in his hotel room from an overdose.

A few days later Tyler realises that Chris Raiden is not only dead, he is also a ghost and is following Tyler around. As Tyler and Chris get to know each other and get used to their strange att
Bev

This was a slow burn romance, and when I say slow burn, I mean snail-like or pedestrian. I was so fed up with it at one point, I just wanted to dnf, but I persevered and yes, I may have skimmed some of it, but I got there in the end.

Tyler is a bell boy which I think in English is a porter in a Boston hotel, Chris is the junkie hard rocker who dies on Tyler's watch in the hotel and then finds himself 'attached' to or possibly even haunting Tyler until they find a way to send him on to heaven/hel
Malanie
I loved this book so much.

This is my second time reading it and I still cannot bring myself to review it lkdjfsldksjkl

WHEN BISEXUALS FUMBLE ROMANTICALLY BUT ARE SO DAMN ADORABLE
Wart Hill
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
You can find this and other reviews at Things I Find While Shelving

I received a free ARC via NetGalley

Subjective rating: 4.5 stars.

I really enjoyed reading this. Chris and Tyler's journey, Chris making amends, the two of them falling in love. Their inability to be anything other than jerks to each other most of the time, telling horrible jokes. So on a subjective level, I really really liked this book.

But objectively...it's really not that great in spots.

Objective rating: 2 stars

I think what bot
Riina Y.T.
Brilliant.

This was surprisingly awesome. Not because I don't like the author's work, not at all, I just wasn't sure this would work for me, mostly because I'm just not all too crazy about "I fell in love with a ghost" kind of stories.

We first meet Tyler during a late night shift at the hotel, working his little bellboy ass off for Chris Raiden, the obnoxious rockstar who ordered a ridiculous late night snack. The story opens with Tyler running around the city in the middle of the night, searchi
Alex
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book indeed! I love Ghost MM books and Rock Star/Music MM books SO this book was perfect!
I loved both characters and their journey of forgiveness and love. And also So funny together!

The end ... even now i'm not quite sure what i was waiting for .. for sure my heart couldn't have handled anything less than a happy ending but maybe not one with a still a ghosty Christopher...

A book full of love that keep growing between Tyler and Chris day after day. I laughed with them but a cried also f
Chris, the Dalek King
“I would have loved you for the rest of my life.”

Working in a hotel, you are bound to find a lot of interesting things while cleaning up a guest’s room. Spare change, lost shorts, used…well, used you know what and let’s just leave it at that. What you don’t expect is to pick up is a ghostly hitchhiker. Especially the ghostly hitchhiker of a rock star you found dead in the room months earlier. (Although, if you were going to pick up a phantom stalker, it is probably gonna be the one you found d
Brooklyn
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-mm
This book was simply amazing! One of the best paranormal books I've read that didn't involve shifters or vamps. It triggered all my emotions and that's the best way to read a book. I was laughing at times and reaching for the tissue at other times. And I just couldn't put the book down, dreading the end of the story and the end of the road for these two guys just as much as they were.

So Tyler is an average guy working as a bellboy. He is sent to deliver a meal to rock star Chris and finds him de
Raj
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is not a hurricane.It's not going to blow you away with violent intent.What it is though is soul stirring & maybe that is more real than any violence.It's a gentle breeze,butterfly kisses along your spine.It's a ghost story,it's a journey towards forgiveness,it's about a link between death & life.It's about love between ghost & man.

Yeah!..Give me the Beat Boys to free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock 'n soul and drift away
When my mind is free
You know a melody can move m
Lila Hunter
Where to start? This book was outstanding. There you go, sweet, simple, and to the point. Fine, I’m starting from the beginning. We met Tyler Lindsey when he was out in a midnight food run for a hotel guest in which he worked as a bellboy– rockstar Christopher Raiden.The search set the chain of events that would bring the main characters together. Plus, it gave us the first inside on Tyler’s snarky personality and sense of humor. He had me in his pocket by the five percent mark. Sometimes, the f ...more
Morgan  Skye
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tyler is adrift as a bellboy in a hotel when he runs into Chris – an emo rock-star who demands some grapes. After running around trying to find them he returns to find Chris dead of an overdose. After finding and wearing Chris’ ring, he finds that he – HIMSELF – is haunted by Chris.

Chris has unfinished business – don’t we all! – and demands that Tyler help him accomplish this.

Though the two start out as mostly enemies – Tyler’s girl leaves him when she accuses him of “letting” Chris (her idol) d
Christi Snow
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My Review:
Wow...my first MUST-READ of 2016! This book was so good...and so unexpected.

But be warned...neither of these guys are good hero material when the book begins. In fact, that first chapter or so, I was really wondering if I would be able to keep reading. Tyler has a girlfriend who treats him AWFUL, but he sticks with her because she's a hot lay. Yeah...UGH! Serious...ugh. Then Chris is a drugged out, diva rockstar who overdoses and dies. See...I told you. When the book begins I didn't w
Jennifer Oliveira
I think one word that can really sum up this book is 'sweet'. It has an original plot, likable characters and it's hard to put down (even when it's almost 4am and you should really go to sleep). You'll sometimes find yourself thinking "how can this happen", "this is so weird", "how is this going to work", but you get past that pretty quickly because the way it's written and explained is amazing, at least I did.
This book is definitely the break I needed from all the sad, deep, complex ones I've b
Daphne
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2016-books
Loved the dialogue between these two and the unique premise for the story. The interactions with secondary characters were heartbreaking and heartwarming in parts but I loved how each interaction pushed Tyler and Chris along their path together. I wasn't sure about some bits (bar and Eric) while reading. In the middle, it seemed like the story wandered a bit but all's well that ends well and the HEA here was sweet. I will definitely look for more from this author in the future.
Lisa
Tyler is a bell boy who when taking a room service order to a famous rock stars' hotel room is confronted by his dead body.
A few weeks later Tyler is going back to the room for another reason and is met by the ghost of the celebrity, Chris.
An interesting tale with Tyler being stuck with Chris and the 2 go around making amends before Chris can move forward.
I laughed and yes, I sobbed during the final chapters.
This is a new author to me and I will certainly be reading more.
Maggie Simms
This book was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Loved it, actually!

Can't wait to read more by this author.
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
A really solid paranormal romance although it was a bit too long and the ending felt rushed but over all it's a 2 thumbs up!
Zee♥
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romances with ghosts are usually not my thing because they always seem so futile unless some miracle happens for the couple to end up together in the end. The ending of this story left me a bit unsure if I really liked it or not, but the journey to get there was really entertaining. I definitely enjoyed the writing style of the author. The characters were well developed with a lot of snarky banter and humor but they also had to do a lot of personal growth as they fell in love. The slow burn roma ...more
Calila
Cute story. I'm still not sure I believe in the longevity of the couple, though I do believe in the romance. I feel like the ending isn't really resolved. It's like the author had no idea how to let them end up together, and just said "Oh well they do. The end." I wish the logistics had been explained a little more. I want to know how they function in the real world. But aside from that, the story is good. The plot is a little bit meaningless. But the journey was fun.
Wax
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, own-have
Let me get something off my chest. I don't like stories with ghosts. But I couldn't resist reading this after seeing all the interesting reviews. And as I was ugly crying somewhere about 90% in, I knew that I'd have to eat my words about ghost stories (or at least this one.)

Neither MC is particularly angelic. Tyler works as a bellboy because he gave up on a college education due to a family emergency and just never went back. He stays with a mildly psychotic girlfriend just because she's hot. On
Arch Bala
The first five reviews I’ve read of this book heaping praises for the author and the story is not just some sort of ploy to ask the audience to buy the book. I mean, yes it would definitely encourage them good ol’ folks to check out the book but let me give it to you straight – THIS BOOK IS JUST ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!!!! I can’t even…

The story starts with Tyler Lindsey, a regular guy who works as a bellboy and has a wicked-awful girlfriend. His life took a turn when he discovered famous rock star
El
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this novel in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This novel was a heck of a lot of fun. Tyler is a guy stuck in a rut, not sure where he's going in life and not able to muster enough energy to pull himself up and follow his goals. Chris is a drop-dead gorgeous (see what I did there?) rock star who oh-so-inconveniently dies on Tyler's shift at a Boston hotel... and then proceeds to haunt Tyler until he can say his goodbyes.

This novel is sure to lift your spirits.
Kudrat Kaur
3,5 Stars

The thing about a ghost-human love story is that even though I enjoyed reading this book (really liked it) I can only think of these stories as HFN. What about the future? What will happen later? How is this story sustainable? These are the types of questions I keep thinking about - and I have a lot of trouble with this. Regardless, I think the author did very well with how these two got together.

I look forward to her upcoming books.
Lori S.
I finished this story, but really, it's boring. Seriously, eyerollingly, boring. It's not that either Chris or Tyler are dull people, but they aren't truly all that interesting either. Nothing happens in the plot, there's no mystery to hold the attention, no tension beyond some petty jealousy (zzzzz), and we don't even get a traditional haunting either. I got to the 70%+ mark and checked the ending just see if anything will come of them being together.

(view spoiler)
Teri
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Every second, even when my heart hurt!
Funny and sweet and heartbreaking, I didn't want it to end and I want MORE!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Motel. Pool.
  • Illumination
  • I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek (I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek, #1)
  • Selfie (Bluewater Bay, #13)
  • PsyCop Briefs: Volume 1
  • Winter Oranges
  • P.S. I Spook You
  • Derivation  (Aberrant Magic, #2)
  • Fish and Ghosts (Hellsinger, #1)
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Hunter of Demons (SPECTR, #1)
  • Liquid Glass
  • A Beginner's Guide to Wooing Your Mate (Beings in Love #3)
  • A Little Bit Country
  • Chasing Death Metal Dreams
  • The Caldwell Ghost (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #1)
  • Quinn's Gambit (AURA, #1)
“Shut your face,” he snapped. “I fucking love scones.” 0 likes