Start by marking “Yearling (North Oak #2)” as Want to Read:
Yearling (North Oak #2)

Yearling

(North Oak #2)

A new year has come to North Oak, and with it a new life for Alexandra Anderson. Will she be able to open her heart to others when its still battling demons from her past? Or will she go so deep into herself where no one can touch her, and risk losing Promenade in the Keeneland Yearling Sale?

Don't miss this sequel to North Oak #1: Born to Run!

On the heels of Joanna Cam
Published October 1st 2015 by Rebel House Ink

To ask other readers questions about Yearling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yearling

Start your review of Yearling (North Oak #2)
Dianne
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alex is trying her best to fit at North Oak, it isn’t the people there, or her new family, it is her and she knows it. She just can’t quiet that rebel streak to live life on the edge and see what she can get away with. Is she testing everyone to see if they’ll toss her out? Abuse her? Does she really feel she is that useless? Yes, she has done some terrible things that no child should have to even think about, but she did it for the right reasons.

Promenade gets her, she is sure of it. The huge t
Clare O'Beara
This sequel to Born to Run revisits a troubled young teen who has come to live on a stud farm in Kentucky. She has many problems still, from behavioural issues to being illiterate to seeing the breeding process. Just as she is settling in, getting competent at riding and making friends, the daughter of the farm owners tells her that the colt she loves is going to be sold at the fall auctions. The farm is a business, but it's enough to make our heroine resent everyone.

I enjoyed how the tale move
Christine Meunier
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Things have changed drastically for Alexandra Anderson in the past 12 months. This is shown in Yearling, the second book in the North Oak series. Alex is no longer an orphan struggling to do what is required of her in a home run by a tyrant of a woman.

Instead, she has found a home and a – slightly dysfunctional – family in the staff members at North Oak. But it’s the horses that Alex feels most at home with, not the parental figures or teenage girls slightly older than her. Read more at http://e
Jolie
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am always on the hunt for a good middle-grade book for my 9 and 11-year-olds. Mainly my 11-year-old, who is an insatiable reader. So when Ann approached me to review Yearling, I gladly accepted. I am glad I did because this book was fantastic. There was no sophomore slump and honestly, that along with the vivid characters and background is what sold me on the book. Also, what sold me, was that it is a great book for anyone 11 and older (and the main reason I read it).

Alex, I wanted to reach th
Nina Campbell
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yearling: North Oak # 2 by Ann Hunter is the second in a series focusing on the life of a teenage foster child named Alexandra, who ends up living on the property of North Oak, a horse breeding farm in Kentucky. This story focuses on the year after Alexandra first gets to North Oak and how the people there at the horse farm work to help Alexandra overcome the issues from her past. This story is funny, sweet, and endearing. Alexandra character is enchanting as a sarcastic teenager with a huge chi ...more
Joseph  Kralich
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Characters are alive

Characters are alive and I like how our hero has both good things and bad. Although I am sorry at how bad some of it is, but like real life it happens. Fortunately most often not as much. Still I am enjoying the series. Just waiting for the next one.
Nayuleska
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alex's new life has just begun after book 1's drama. It felt like she was catching up in all areas to a level of her peers. It goes to show how awful her life was in events prior to book 1 that she struggles with so many normal activities and events, some which are related to puberty, others to being educated and knowing how to interact with people.

She learns loads through her mistakes, the good moments had me beaming away (as she takes tiny steps towards being a friend with a new character, di
Jessica Bielefeld
rated it it was ok
May 05, 2016
Miss L Holloway
Apr 25, 2016
Ann
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Darthyoda6
May 27, 2017
Schuyler
Dec 10, 2016
Rachael Hamill
rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2018
Jul 10, 2019
Carol
Oct 16, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Please move to my profile 3 18 Sep 20, 2015 08:35PM

• The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • HOLDER OF THE HORSES: A FAMILY'S LEGENDARY JOURNEY THROUGH LIFE
  • Brimstone Nightmares (Queen of the Damned, #4)
  • Infernal Desires (Queen of the Damned, #3)
  • Wicked Games (Queen of the Damned, #2)
  • Rise of a Phoenix (Nix, #3)
  • Night Mare (Show Jumping Dreams, #35)
  • Woman of Blood & Bone (Rogue Ethereal #1)
  • Daughter of Souls & Silence (Rogue Ethereal #2)
  • BEN SAID (Winning Odds Series Book 6)
  • Noble Beginnings (Jack Noble #1)
  • The First Time I Said Goodbye
  • Wire to Wire: Book Five of the Winning Odds Series
  • Lady of Madness & Moonlight (Rogue Ethereal #3)
  • Book Four of the Winning Odds Series: Soon to be a Movie
  • Sister of Embers & Echoes (Rogue Ethereal, #4)
  • Favored to Win
  • Odds on Favorite
Multi-award winning author, Ann Hunter, is the creator of the young adult fantasy series Crowns of the Twelve (including the novels The Subtle Beauty, Moonlight, Fallen, with A Piece of Sky, Ashes, and The Rose In The Briar to follow). She likes cherry soda with chocolate ice cream, is a mom first and a writer second, has a secret identity, and thinks the Twilight movies are cheesier than cheez wh ...more

North Oak (7 books)
  • Born to Run (North Oak, #1)
  • Morning Glory (North Oak, #3)
  • To Bottle Lightning (North Oak #4)
  • Far Turn (North Oak Book 5)
  • Dark Horse (North Oak, #6)
  • Against the Odds (North Oak #7)