Start by marking “The Arrangement” as Want to Read:
The Arrangement

The Arrangement

For Ariadne Morris, it was enough that her boyfriend dumped her for her cousin, but then she finds out that they plan to announce their engagement at the annual family reunion. Spending time at the beach with friends seems like the perfect getaway. Unfortunately, Asher Hollister, her high school nemesis, shows up.

Asher Hollister enjoys riling up the ever so proper
Published August 6th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Arrangement

Start your review of The Arrangement
Tammy
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Could Have Been 4-5 Stars if Not So Completely Unrealistic

I wish that I could have rated this higher but I just couldn't get beyond the situation with Ari's best friend Ericka!! She's happily married to Ted but still "has a crush" since high school on Asher (Ted's best friend) who is married to and in love with HER best friend Ari, who was equal parts annoying and irrational since she was willing to marry Asher under the guise of: 1) helping him clean up his public image (as a bad boy/ playboy)
Bookiemonster
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
The arrangement by Thayer King
Rated:2.5 could have been awesome stars

Asher Hollister enjoys riling up the ever so proper Ariadne. When he learns about her situation, he offers her a
Dee's Reading Zone
"The Arrangement" by Thayer King was quick but cute, and funny tale. Asher and Ari were a memorable couple once they got through past misunderstanding from when they were kids! There 'arrangement' was doable since a reunion was approaching and she needed a marriage of convenience to save face and Asher needed to fix his playboy's ways since his father was running for governor. They actually got to see what they were really feeling for each other even though Ash already knew exactly how he felt ...more
Tina
I take points away for what is essentially a set up that doesn't feel very credible. But overall this was a quick, fun read.

Ari and Ash are friends who have known each other forever but have Ari has kept firmly Ash in the friendzone despite Ash's broad hints he'd completely like to do her.

Ari's boyfriend dumped her for her scheming cousin and the two cheaters plan to announce their engagement at Ari's family's big ass reunion.

Asher's father is running for Governor and Ash has a bit of a bad boy
Erica
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. great writing but I couldn't get over Ari best friend Erika. A happily MARRIED women who have a crush on Asher , who, oh btw happened be her husband best friend. If that isn't awkward enough, how about the fact that her husband know about this weird ass crush. Tbh I really wanted the book to have focused more on Ari and her cousin than the best friend drama.
Kiki
Apr 27, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: wtf-is-going-on
I LITERALLY have no other tags for this!
Someone ranted how he can have OWs while being in love with h since she was a minor?
Well that was actually the part that was somewhat forgivable, she gave a damn good impression of preferring a barracuda to the hero up until after the marriage!
But what was unfathomable:
1. Ari's "best friend" Erika (who is also Asher's best friend Ted's wife) has always had a crush on Asher, therefore she told Ari, Asher, for you is untouchable, thus the facade of hatred!
Innominata
Nov 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
***BEGIN RANT***

couldn't even finish :,(
If H was so in love h since before she was legal (AND aware of this) how could he keep having OW!?! I literally stopped when he called the OW "diversions"! WTF!?!??

I'm biased I know it, but is it so bad to want to read about love, where the word holds so much strength, tht you can't live or breath without the person you claim to love...? where you're connection to this person holds you from achieving any gratification from another relationship (quickie or
Miss D.
This is a fun book. I enjoyed the leads and their interactions. There was some drama and some comedy with both done in the right amount. I totally recommend this book.
Karen's Bookshelf
Asher has wanted Ari since they were young, but she couldn't tell from the way he always teased her. Whenever they two were in the same room it always ended with the two of them making snide comments at each other. Over the years, since they ran in the same circle of friends, their meetings always ended the same way, with them arguing. Ultimately, they call a truce and decide they can work better helping out each than hurting each other.
This was a great story about two people helping each other
M.J. Friday
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good Book

Good quick read, Asher and Ariadne were cute.I love the premise of a thin line between love and hate and the sex was WOW!!! But the books by this author always are super hot. The only thing I didn't like was they went from hate to love and marriage really quick. If the book was a bit longer then maybe the story we would have seen the transition but it was still a good book.
Paula
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
well that was fun. just what i needed.
i still dont like Erika bitch, please! grow the fuck up already! i dont care for her excuses.
Camille
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Good in the beginning. Nice tension, excellent chemistry and passion.

A bit saccharin toward the end. Too many "baby"s and "ILY"s.
Amber
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 50%. Couldn't get over the best friend situation.
DeliaC
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: naughty, more-sir
Hot. But needed more from the characters. Like, another draft or something.
100sweet
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Another super HOT book from this author. Really enjoyed this one but there wasn't enough possessive, caveman behavior. I did like that the H was so obsessed with the the h.
Patricia Ivy
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally Enjoyed this book

I’ve given this book stars but I never given a review for this book...and I’ve read it several times.

Minus a few grammatical errors...this book is a great read with a great story about unrequited love and boundaries ...

That a boy who grows into a man who has everything, could love a woman and not be able to get her for years was well written and it flowed without feeling rushed or overdone! Especially since the story is not that long.

This book is great when discussing
Rena
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thin line between love and friendship

Ari and Asher were good together. The arrangement was nothing new, but the underlying story was. Asher took advantage of Ari's predicament to get the love of his life. Ari finally stopped overanalyzing and went for what she wanted, even though she didn't know it. The characters and story were well written and developed. Too bad we didn't get the outcome of his dad's bid, part of why he married her. Her friendship with Erika may never be like it was but glad
Elysa
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Short, spicey & sweet.

From frenemies to a HEA couple. Funny how Asher spent years being an idiot toward his one true love & she fought against & insulated herself from him reacting to his stupidity and her BFF's selfish obsession.
Way too many overly detailed sex scenes in such a short read for my taste but the basic story is delightful and I couldn't help but like Asher, Ted & Ariadne. Nice...
Isha
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mature-adult, i-r, 2018
Ended too soon

Ash and Ari..have been hot for each other for a while, but one misunderstanding set thw stage for the love hate relationship they developed. Really enjoyed this book, but I really wished it was longer.
Hope Selinda
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was in dire need of a short and read to get me out of my funk. Seriously, this was so cute.
Michelle
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Fabulous

She thought it was a marriage of convenience to solve problems in both their lives. He wants to make it real with the woman he's loved since high school.
Jackueline Graves
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love this story

Ari has to attend the family reunion unfortunately her ex is going to be there with her cousin. Ash offers to attend with her as her husband thus one upping her cousin. The only issue is that her and Ash have been antagonist since high school. Ash has an ulterior motive for !making this proposition to Ari. Enjoyed this story and the characters that surround this couple. The author does a fine job with this light and "airy" romance. Kudos. Also her best friend in the book is an
Cheesecake
Ariadne and Asher. A short OK read. I liked the second half better. Ariadne has to go to the annual family gathering knowing that her a-hole cousin will be there with the boyfriend she stole from Ariadne. To save face, Asher talks her into getting married before-hand and going to the reunion together. A bit extreme??? Hmmm... It's not supposed to lead to love, since they have a history of hating each other's guts since High School... oh yeah, and he's a man-ho. The spanner in the works is ...more
Laverne Brewster
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Marriage of Convenience equals a cease fire between nemeses

4.75 stars. Asher 'Ash' Hollister and Ariadne 'Ari' Morris had known each other since high school and had exchanged insults which shrouded their mutual attraction to each other. Ash was a handsome rich womanizer and Ari was a reserved pretty loyal woman. While on vacation with friends, they entered into an "arrangement" to marry so that he could be vetted as a good citizen and not ruin his father's political career and so that she could
Connie
Ari and Asher hate each other or do they? Ari dreads attending her family reunion because her ex-boyfriend, Daniel, will be there with Ari's cousin, his bride to be. How humiliating until sexy, rich, attorney Asher offers her a deal that will help them both. I liked everything about this story except her best friend, super selfish, Erika and her weak-willed husband Ted, who went along with Erika's "crush" on Asher. Really???
Brenda Holder
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Very Good Interracial Romance

The Arrangement is a very good interracial romance and has earned the four star rating. I enjoyed reading this book. It was sensual and exciting as the interracial couple enter into an arrangement that suppose to be temporary. This book needed to be improved editing but l would recommend this to anyone who love a good read.
Randi
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Short and sweet

This was a short and sweet read, but definitely not erotica. I enjoyed it. This was about a love hate relationship that was really love. So, the guy decides to trick the girl into marrying him. It works.
Karen Jones
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SWEET

I loved this story from the beginning to the end. The storyline is excellent and the characters are great. If your looking for a beautiful quick love story, this is a must read.
Carlene Campion
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amusing and hot

Seriously, it's just a story I am tired of people getting onto the comments section and going on & on about it being unrealistic .... That's the reason you read a Thayer King! Relax n enjoy

• STONE: Her Ruthless Enforcer: 50 Loving States, North Carolina
  • Redemption (AmBw Romantic Suspense)
  • Jacob's Song
  • Trent (Across the Aisle #1)
  • Cato's Heart: a Standalone Novella
  • The Holiday Boyfriend
  • Duncan (Across the Aisle #2)
  • A Powerful Attraction (Quicksand Book 1)
  • Odin's Honor (A Very Alpha Christmas #7)
  • Midas: The Billionaire's Game (BWWM) (The Volkov Brothers Book 1)
  • Mr. Vega
  • The Italian Heir
  • Keane - Her Ruthless Ex: 50 Loving States, Massachusetts
  • Love Script
  • Rashid: Her Ruthless Boss: 50 Loving States, Hawaii
  • His to Keep: A Sci-Fi Alien Romance
  • Beast (Estill County Mountain Man #1)
  • The Nordic Lightning