Start by marking “Miasma” as Want to Read:
Miasma

Miasma

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Miasma is a colony world, isolated from the rest of humanity. The various communities living there accept their unique technological and social constraints without really examining them, and carry on being an advanced human civilisation as best they can.

Lanton the packet runner, Emi the librarian, and Mokan the (arguably) mad scientist are each dissatisfied in different wa
Published April 25th 2015 by independent

To ask other readers questions about Miasma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miasma

Pete Harris
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: sf
Disclaimer: I wrote it, so obviously I liked it. There were plenty of chances to make it not happen if I hadn't!

So this is not a review to say how good the book it, but what kind of book it is, which will be more use to you if you want to know whether you'd like to try it or not.

It's a science fiction story in humanity's (far?) future, with moderate science content, which I've tried to get right. It's also to some extent a mystery and a romance. I'll acknowledge right now that this being my firs
Kris Holt
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Pete Harris' work since I first edited his short story, 'Under Shiel Croft', for the Shadows at the Door anthology. I was naturally optimistic when picking up 'Miasma' and I'm pleased to say that the high quality of his sci-fi work perfectly matches the quality of his horror fare.

I generally feel that authors tend towards being world or character builders rather than both, but 'Miasma' does a good job of showing Pete's talent in both regards - the damp, misty swamplands of the
Charity at OnMyKindleBR
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of Miasma in exchange for an honest review.

Miasma by Pete Alex Harris is set on the planet of Misama; a wet, swampy planet surrounded by a gaseous cloud that filters out quite a bit of sunlight. Readers are led to believe that Miasma is aptly named because of its atmospheric qualities; however, as the story line progresses, readers learn that there is more behind the meaning of the planet's name.

Miasma revolves around three central characters:

Tanaka Emi is a polite, soft-spoke
Mikana
Phani Mahesh
May 18, 2017
Shreyas Padhy
May 19, 2017
I mostly write SF, low-magic fantasy, and short horror.

My first fantasy novel, The Silk Mind is a semi-serious adventure story. Its sequel, The Source of Fire carries on the tale 12 years later, and some of the more serious implications of the back-story.

My first SF novel, Miasma, has a little bit of romance and a little bit of puzzle, set on a far-future human colony. It's told from the viewpoint