Start by marking “Scrubs” as Want to Read:
Scrubs

Scrubs

I like fast cars and a stiff drink.
I hate drugs. I can’t stand the idiots who take them and I loathe the bastards who supply them. Drugs cost me my whole world.
I wear many faces; right now I’m Doctor Lucas Callaghan and I’ll be him until I get my revenge.
My real name will be the last words to ever pass their lips.

I hate my name, Aoife Brennan, as soon as people hear it the
115 pages
Published December 4th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Scrubs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrubs

Mariℓina
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Scrubs was a weird book. I didn't hate it, but i didn't love it either. Although the beginning was excellent, from early on i found myself losing interest fast.But suddenly that changed.

Sean or Lucas whichever you prefer, is an OK guy, with a good heart, an intriguing past and a formidable plan. But he isn't the bad-ass he so desperately tries to make us all believe. I really liked him until he started acting like a macho James Bond.

Aoife -what a name, i know- is a sweet girl, very responsible,
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
review to come.

Arc offered in exchange for an honest review

More reviews and book talk at :
Dali
An intriguing, suspenseful story about revenge with a dash of sexiness.
“Revenge is a dish best served cold.”

Lucas Callaghan is just a made up name, but his calling to help others, be it as a doctor or as an undercover cop, is as real as ever. After eight years he’s back in Dublin not just to take the man responsible for distributing drugs and ruining his life out of circulation, he’s also back to exact his revenge. But can he control his feelings long enough to do it?

Aoife Brennan dreams
Vasiliki
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ARC kindly provided by Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review

This was a really intense book. The story started really nicely with a fantastic prologue. Then it came to today and everything was a bit confusing in the beginning but soon enough everything made sense. So, Lucas is out for revenge! The plot was moving fast enough with a few surprises in the way. The book was written by dual POV and it was well done. The writing was quite direct and strong.

Aoife is a strong heroi
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Wow, this book! I was on a rollercoaster ride of emotions fo sho!! I have no idea how to do this review without ruining it for you fabulous people, so I'm going to talk based on how I reacted through out the book.

This is the story of dr. Lucas and his quest for revenge. You see dr Lucas Callaghan has lost someone new and dear to him and he will not rest until vengeance is his. He doesn't care what happens to him afterwards, just as long as he gets his just dessert. That is until he meets a swee
Joëlle
ARC kindly provided by Xpresso Book Tours, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This is part 1 of a novella serial by Brooke Harris. It tells us the story of Lucas who lost his fiancé 8 years ago (overdosed). He loved her very much and wants to make the responsible ones pay! He returns to Dublin with a new identity to find revenge. To achieve this he goes undercover as a doctor in the university hospital. He feels a strong attraction to 1 of the students, Aoife. She makes him feel ali
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Good but hate the cliffhanger

Why,why,why the cliffhanger!!! I was just enjoying it and was hoping that I would get more information of why Lucas aka Sean is looking into Morgan but also the change of career too. Since he's a hot doc and a heartbroken one too, I'll forgive him. I need some more of Lucas so I'm off to see when part two is coming. I NEED MORE!!
Carlene Inspired

Doctor Lucas Callaghan is back in Dublin after eight years. His job as an undercover cop has led him back to the place where his life changed forever, the night he lost his fiance. He's set on getting his revenge, but when student Aoife Brennan catches his eye, it tests his drive for revenge and all he thought he knew. Aoife is going to medical school for her father, but what she really wants to be is an artist. Straddling the thin line between the two, Dr. Callaghan shakes up everythin
Nicole
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arcs

""4"" Mysterious stars

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review

A really enjoyable story with fast plot and suspense!!! Scrubs is the first part of the series and even though it had few pages the author succeeded to introduce us well enough to the characters and the storyline.

Lucas Callaghan (not his real name) is a doctor who seeks revenge against the man who deprived his girlfriend from his life eight years ago. The author hasn't revealed what really happened..i guess we

Poulami
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book Xpresso Book Tours via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Have you people seen the delicious cover? I tried to resist okay. But in the end the temptation won over! :-P So, Scrubs is actually a novella where the story will be be revealed in a few parts. It's full of suspense with a set of pretty great character which made it a fun read.

Lucas is working undercover to catch one of the biggest drugs mafia who is also re
Joanne Robertson
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I have just finished this and wanted to get my thoughts out there while its fresh in my mind! I adored the book No Kiss Goodbye by this authors alter ego Janelle Brooke Harris which I raved about after being recommended it by fellow reviewers and members of THE Book Club over on Facebook. So an offer from the author herself to read an ARC was way too good to pass up!
Yes this is a novella and yes it is left on a cliffhanger without all the threads coming together or the whole back story bein
Janet
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Friends
Shelves: netgalley-read

Thank you to Netgalley for a chance to read this ARC copu in return for an honest review.

Sean aka Dr Lucas Callaghan is a doctor turned cop in this the first novella of a series.
Lucas goes back to his days as a doctor but undercover in order to get the evidence needed to take down Alistair Morgan, he's the big cheese in the area along with his small army of minions to do his bidding, he's a feared man.
Aoife is a med student, the two meet as Lucas tries to help her drunk friend, the tension betwe
Shawna Shauntia
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
 photo picadillygray_zpsaa73e183.png

I can honestly say Scrubs is off to a good start,I’m mildly entertained and will continue to read the series. While cliffhangers normally put me in that gimme gimme mold this one not so much maybe because I was hoping for a jaw dropping and clutch my pearls moments. Again I was very much entertained while reading this rather quick series.

Sean/Lucas loses his fiancee while he was in med school, of course he blames himself and his life is thrown off course. His new profession is very much of cour
Gillian Felix
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am so beyond honored that I got to review this book. From the moment I laid eyes on the sexy-ass cover I was curious. I couldn't wait for the tour to swing round my way so I could sign up to review. I checked my email several times waiting for my copy to arrive and finally it did.

If I could, I would give Scrubs a perfect 10! The writing was fun and gripping, the flawed characters were so well written that I loved them with a passion. I read this book all in one go, and then I had to email the
Anaïs
This review was originally posted on Fifty Shades of Books

4 out of 5 Stars

*** ARC granted in exchange for an honest review ***

I received  Scrubs as an ARC via Netgalley, and since the cover and the title reminded me of the Life or Death series by Isobel Irons, I thought I might as well give it a go.

What I didn't know was that this book is actually the first book in a series , a fact the author clearly states at the beginning of the book. I know some people do not like novellas (and I kind of ha
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, à-traduire
Je dois être honnête, en voyant le titre du livre, j’ai pensé à la série du même nom et j’ai foncé sans hésiter pour le lire. Mais contrairement à la série, ce livre n’a rien d’humoristique.
Sean rentre chez lui après une longue journée de garde, il aime rouler vite, et pour ne pas s’endormir au volant, il roule toute fenêtre ouverte. En rentrant chez lui, il sourit en voyant que sa chérie lui a préparé son plat préféré sur la table : du soda et des biscuits. Ne voulant pas la réveiller, il décid
Cheryl (I Heart Fictional People)
Review originally posted on my blog: I Heart Fictional People

INITIAL THOUGHTS

This probably doesn’t need an explanation. I mean, look at that cover. Hot doctor…with a gun. What does a doctor need with a gun? I was definitely intrigued. And the synopsis really got me. I just had to know Lucas’ story and what has him needing revenge. I had to read this one. It sounded SO good.

WHAT I LIKED

The beginning. Wow. Now that is how you introduce a story. The prologue and first chapter had me in tears and on
Sherry
I received this book for free through NetGalley in return for my honest opinion.

"DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!!" Is what I said in my head when I got to the cliffhanger. I've seen in all sorts of places that this serial novella has a cliffhanger at the end. While it's nice to have been announced previously, I didn't find the cliffhanger to be that bad. I have been left with WAY worse cliffhangers when finishing up a book.

This is a fairly short novella. Depending on your reading speed, you can have the entir
Emily
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, review
Provided Blurb:

I like fast cars, beautiful women and great sex.
My real name will be the last words to ever pass their lips.

I hate my name, Aoife Brennan, as soon as people hear it they treat me differently because of my father.
Medical school isn’t my dream, it’s his. But, it’s th
Mary Strunk
This is the first book I've read by the author and I wasn't disappointed. This is book one in the series and there is a major cliffhanger at the end. This is a quick read but you do get a lot out of it. The author did an amazing job on keeping you hooked on the story and now all I can say is I need the next book in the series.

Lucas (made up name) is back in the town he grew up in after becoming a cop. He was a doctor eight years ago but due to a tragedy he decided to become a cop. When he return
Katie Battaglia
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley for the copy in exchange for my honest review!

Scrubs is part one of a serial novella. It follows the story of Aoife and Lucas. Aoife is a med student trying to follow her fathers dream for her to become an affluent doctor like he is. Lucas, a former doctor, now undercover cop, is seeking revenge against a man who essentially turned his life upside down 8 years prior. But there's something about Aoife that Lucas just can't resist, and after she turns his world upside down, hi
Elizabeth Shaw
“Could you not find a heartbeat in there? People do say I’m a cold-hearted bitch.”

Brooke Harris a new to me author and this is the first book I have read of hers. What attracted me to Ms. Harris’s book is that she does let her readers know that it is a novella serial series and book one ends in a cliffhanger. I tend not to read novella series, but between the synopsis of the story and the fact that Ms. Harris warned me about book one, I decided to read it and I am glad I did.

Book one is sets th
Carolina Godinho

I was given this ARC in exchange of an honest review.

I dont know really what to say about this book. It was told in a nice way and fast paced but it raise a lot of questions and doesn't answer not even one.
On the bright side is a short story, but it ends on a cliffhanger what means that the whole story could have been told in one book and we would be saved of the wait for the next one so we know WTH is going on

I couldn't relate with the characters properly
Mignon Mykel
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
After an argument essentially cost him the life of his fiancee, Sean decides he's going to avenge Victoria's death. The guilt he has over the accident drives him throughout this part of the story. Part of his cover has him utilizing his 'real' job as a doctor, but he's now wearing the hat of Lucas Callaghan. When he meets Aofie, though, his guilt and desires start to inter-warp, and as expected, he doesn't exactly handle it well. Beyond Sean/Lucas's guilt, Aofie has her own misgivings in life an ...more
Brenda
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This story follow Sean aka Lucas who previously was a doctor and
now is an undercover cop trying to catch some big fishes.
And how the guy turns a cop?? Something bad happen to him and now
he want to make them pay.

The mystery thing has various little situations and no one is good
and everyone has a little dirty secret.

Here we have a major POV of the male and I really like him but we
think his just with his lame escuse suffering from something of his
past but hey hey the guy has some layers and I was
Babel
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Suspense, revenge, hurt and ardent passion. When combined with a clever plot and a fantastic narrative, the story is good enough not to pause for anything.

The way the author writes made me feel every bit of sadness, pain and desire that turned the characters alive. She's created a man torn by lost love and a hunger for revenge while at the same time he's denying himself any glimpse of hope. And then there is that vibrant woman who can melt his inner demons against his will.

I was really gripped b
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was kind of a love and hate for me. Don’t get me wrong I lied it but it was just okay. I found it a bit boring but it picked after a couple chapters.
We meet Dr. Lucas Callaghan who is not a real doctor at all its all just a cover to get his revenge who cost him is loved one. He is a man of secrets and depressed oh so sad as the author makes you feel his feelings. Okay the female lead her name was very unique I can see why she hates it but it’s a cool name nonetheless. Aoife Brennan is
Richelle Zirkle
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Scrubs is the first installment of a new serial. Lucas, a former doctor turned undercover cop, is on assignment back in his hometown in Ireland. He's there to build a case and take down the man he blames for ruining his life. Aoife is a med student and promising artist. She is trying to follow her passion while living up to familial expectation and dealing with serious trauma in her past. Lucas should really never have crossed paths with her, but now that he has... Can he resist the pull he fina ...more
Donna Sweeney
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kindly provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review........

Gorgeous Love Story. This one worked for me.
Its Lucas and Aoife's story. Despite it ending on a cliffy !!!! *chokes in pain* !!. I loved the whole Dr/policeman thing seeking revenge meeting the spirited yet soft Aoife. I am a sucker for a story line where either our H or h gets their chance at their HEA.

I found the dialogue funny but with moments of insight and intrigue. The pace worked and I enjoyed reading about
Grace Morales
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by publisher for honest review***
So I have to start with my questions, is there a connection to the mother and the fiancé? I wish I felt a little more connected with the characters. It seemed like this could really get good, but it is like reading an entire novella of just an introduction. I will probably read the rest just because that is my weakness, having to know what is in store, and I am truly hoping I get more of a dramatic sequence, but for me this one just missed the mark
« previous 1 3 next »