Start by marking “Taxes and TARDIS” as Want to Read:
Taxes and TARDIS

Taxes and TARDIS

(A Mind is a Sexy Thing)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3,035 ratings  ·  533 reviews
Brent is a jock, Logan a geek, these men are a world apart. But if opposites attract, maybe it’s the differences between them that make it worth the fight.

Brent Kelly is a laid-back tradesman whose only concerns are drinks with friends and which man to bed next. In need of a new accountant to sort out his nightmarish shoebox of tax receipts, he’s referred to Logan Willis.

H
ebook, 3rd Edition, 96 pages
Published August 25th 2015 by Pride Publishing (first published April 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Taxes and TARDIS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taxes and TARDIS

really liked it 4.00  ·

Exina
Brent Kelly has no problem with dating. He could get anyone he wants. But somehow, weirdly he is totally at a loss for words when it comes to his new accountant. A science fiction-loving, geeky guy with dark-rimmed glasses… Logan Willis is so not his usual type that even Brent can’t believe how much he is attracted to Logan.
I shook my head. Me, Brent Kelly, who played football, who could pick up any guy with just a suggestive nod, was being bent all out of shape by a bean-counting nerd.
A tall,
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Am I the only Scrooge on the planet who didn't love this?? I could barely finish! Sure, it was light, but sooo insta-lovey with an almost non-existent plot! What am I missing??

Jeez, I'm ready for tomatoes to be thrown at my head because this book is nearly universally loved by M/M fans. I'd almost call it a classic. Alas, it was not meant to be for me.

I get that that Brent and Logan are opposites, but does it have to be mentioned every two pages?

I get that these guys like to bang each other, bu
Jan
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
**** 3.75 Stars ****

This was really lovely.
Cute, sweet and hot.
Loved the vulnerability in both characters which added a tiny dose of angst to the story.
It was a perfect quick read for this wet and cold Sunday.

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

This was a damn sweet opposites attract story. It's N.R. Walker, so I knew I'd be a satisfied customer...but my, my....Ms. Walker brought the heat in this one. I haven't read all of her books, but of the ones I've read, I'd have to say this was the steamiest. Two thumbs up.

You've got yourself a muscular handyman and a British nerd who bond over Doctor Who and some insta lust/love. Logan and Brent kept a smile plastered on my face almost the entire time I was reading.

The cute was hi
Meags
4 Stars

Predictably, Taxes and Tardis is another gorgeously sweet and romantic gem by N.R. Walker. I may be late to this party but sometimes you’ve just got to save some of the good stuff for days like this.

This is an opposites-attract story about a jock electrician named Brent and a geeky accountant named Logan. The unlikely pair meet when Brent is in major need of help with his finances, and surprisingly, for both of them, they hit it off and quickly begin a sweet love affair that is both unex
Len Evans Jr
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Sometimes I read something and it is just so incredible that 5 stars could never be enough to express my feelings about it. This is one of those cases... this book is so totally awesome that I need a minimum of 10 stars to convey just how much I loved it. This opposites attract story is so unbelievably sweet, tender, full of humor, scorching hot that it left me in tears and stunned. Noel and Logan are so very real and yes so perfect for one another even though some, even Logan have their doubts, ...more
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Buddy read with ALVIN.

What do a British, slightly geeky, number-crunching, Dr. Who-loving accountant and an athletic, muscular, number-hating electrician have in common? Not much. But opposites attract...and burn up the sheets.

I liked Brent and Logan; they were hot together, and I loved Logan's adorable brand of geek-cool. This was basically a free-sailing, angst-free story, minus one silly misunderstanding at the end.

Try this if you're in the mood for some sweet, hot lovin' between tw
Gigi
I thoroughly enjoyed this tale of opposites attract, jock meets nerd. N.R. Walker has the magic touch with MC's chemistry, and she proves it once again with Brent and Logan.

Lovely, lovely book. Recommended!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--Geeky--Stars!

You really can't go wrong with an NR Walker read! I've yet to find one I didn't like, and Taxes and TARDIS was no exception.

It was the perfect opposites attract story. The geeky bean counter accountant Logan and the rough and tough electrician Brent.

Wave to Logan everyone.....

Nerdy guys are HOT!

I have no idea what Brent looks like....I couldn't stop thinking about nerdy British Logan!

It's tax time and Brent is all set to meet his new accountant....shoebox filled with receip
Ami

No, I don't watch Dr. Who. No, I have no idea what TARDIS stands for or what it can do (I only know that it's a phone booth :p). So I can feel what Brent feels *lol*.

Anyway, the story is really cute -- I LOVE opposites attract!! I love how Brent gets all flustered around Logan. Although, I am slightly annoyed on how the authors keep emphasizing on that after Brent and Logan get together. Yes, they're not exactly the other's type, can we focus on why they end up connecting that well, tho
Susan
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Check out my interview with the author N.R. Walker over at http://loveaffairwithanereader.blogsp...

So, so sweet. I loved it.

If it was left as an opposites-attract, date, fall for each other, and live HEA story, it would be a solid, enjoyable 4 star read. But, I feel like the author tried to toss in a hail mary angst issue towards the end that was unnecessary and a bit silly.

However, it didn’t take away from the charm of Brent & Logan. They were freaking adorable together and I lov
Heller
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
An odd couple romance. I really enjoy Walker's writing so I ate this one right up. Love me some Doctor Who so I enjoyed those references. One thing I have to say though is that I think she meant the Vulcan salute because there is no such thing as a Klingon sign for hello unless it's a punch in the face. ;) So speaks my inner Star Trek geek.

This was cute and sappy and I adored it. A fun very sweet read about an electrician and an accountant who meet and think they may have nothing in common but
* A Reader Obsessed *
I admit I haven't read many of this trope but I can't see any fault in opposites attract.

Brent's a guy's guy. He's a successful, self employed electrician, typically interested in like minded and similarly built dudes. Thus it's no surprise that he's flabbergasted by his immediate attraction to his new accountant.

Logan may seem straight-laced, but behind those glasses is quite a tantalizing, assertive package. It may seem like these two wouldn't have anything in common but they connect and get
Heather C
Cute story! About Brent (a hunky electrician) and Logan (a nerdy accountant). Loved the banter and the sex was hot. It was really sweet with nearly no angst. I would love to read the roommate Tim's story even though he isn't gay.

Oh, and I had no idea what a TARDIS was either!
Chelsea
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very sweet story and gorgeous characters. Super light and fluffy, their little tift was the most pitiful reason for a possible breakup, but it was resolved quickly, so that was good. Lots of sex and I'll never complain about that :-D
Janie
I love this sweet little novella. Sometimes these short books are tough for me. I really felt like I got to know these characters though. And they were absolutely adorable together.
Ariana
For some odd reason this made cry (in a good way) - it was all just so adorable.

Admittedly, a lot of stuff could have been 'more' or better explained (like why these guys fell for each other, apart from love at first sight) BUT I really enjoyed it nonetheless.

And I loved the 'opposites attract' and Dr. Who themes. Yes, so good and heart-warming!
Trisha Harrington
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Trisha by: Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I can't believe I finally got to read this! Over the last few months, I have fallen in love with N.R. Walker as an author. Her stories are always amazing and I seem to find a lot of favorites in her work.

Taxes and TARIDS is an adorable, cute, sweet, and just amazing story. I loved Logan and Brent. Two really sweet characters who happened to be opposites but were attracted to each other. Brent is normally the type of character I would dislike, but here he was just sweet and lovable. I loved how h
Mandapanda
3.5 stars. Great little romance with an opposites attract theme. I'm a major fan of Doctor Who and loved every reference. As soon as I saw the word TARDIS in the title I clicked on the buy button without even seeing the blurb. It's a sweet story with very appealing characters (love those geeky Brits!). My only niggle is that I hate when authors tell me that the characters have great conversations but don't give me examples. I would like to read those convos and make my own mind up about that. Bu ...more
Eva
Opposites attract for sure!

I fell in love with adorable geeky Logan...*sigh*

I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful story.

N.R. Walker truly has the magic touch with MC's chemistry, and she proves it once again with Brent and Logan.

While the story is quite hot and steamy, the intimacy is written with care and displays the depth of feeling and emotions shared between the two gorgeous men.

Lovely, lovely book. Highly recommended!
Isabel
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-mm, erotica, m-m
Every time that I read a N.R. Walker book, my heart overflows with joy and contentment!

"Taxes and Tardis" is a lovely book! It's the story of Brent and Logan! Brent is an electrician, very well built, strong and beautiful! Logan is an accountant, slim, delicate and handsome! They couldn't be more different, but are perfect for each other! Their relationship, despite so many differences, is adorable!

Bev

Read the old version, thought I'd have a look at the new Totally Bound edition, with the same result of course...loved it.

Today has been a Nic Walker fest...what a way to spend a Friday!!

photo SnoopyHearts_zpsbf8fc9a4.gif
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

It’s sweet, the kind of romance that you read during a Sunday that leaves you with a smile on your face. Nothing fancy, just a feel-good sexy story as NR Walker can write.

It’s about opposite attract each other, with no angst, two adorable MCs who are both surprised that the other can fall for him and a good level of steam.
Sanaa Z.
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Exactly what the doctor ordered! This was a lovely story. NR Walker is amazing and has written some of my favorite books ever.
annob
My least favourite of N.R. Walker's books so far. It's not bad, but this story of a small business entrepreneur in construction who falls head over heels in love with a geeky accountant feels factitious, like it has a fake gloss to it. A bit superficial. The pair's interactions and plot are both easy to predict, and a bit too easy, too cutesy.

The blue collar / white collar stereotypes the MCs are allotted feels terribly dated to me. The traditional conflict of those roles is not enough to hold
.Lili.
 photo imagejpg1_zpsd8cdfce1.jpg
Sigh...another fantastic book by NR Walker. Everything I've read by this author has been great. I can't gush enough about her.

Anyhoo, what we have here is a classic tale of opposites attract. Brent,was the high school jock and now blue collar worker. Logan, is the quiet British accountant, used to being the butt of the jokes made by men like Brent. How can two, such different men make a go of it?

This book was smooth, sexy, cute, and humorous. NR Walker is the queen of developing relationships a
Amy
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy by: *Nan*
Dreamy sigh. That was absolutely perfect. I love opposites attract. I love geek + jock stories. And I love N.R. Walker. I think I read 90% of the book with a big smile on my face. Of course, there was a bit of drama, but overall it was a very sweet story.

I loved how Brent repeatedly told Logan how beautiful and sexy he was. And I loved how Logan was the more reserved of the two, but he got all toppy in the bedroom.

Adding this one to my “favorites” shelf <3 <3 <3
Rachel Emily
ETA On 3/28/18 - Re-read this and I love it just as much!!!!

ETA 9/5/15: Squeeeeeee!! The epilogue that was added to this might be the most adorable, geeky thing I have ever read!!! LOVED re-reading this one!

I loved, loved, LOVED this! Gotta love an adorable, sexy nerd who likes Doctor Who and Torchwood! I thought it was very well written, fun and sexy, and I really liked the characters. Definitely an author to watch, I know I'll be checking out what comes out next.
Vio
A sweet opposites attract romance with the big strong tradie and the geeky feisty accountant. The MC's are cute and their misunderstandings due to feelings of inadequacies are all resolved nicely in the end with the help of a good friend.
BWT (Belen)
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: no-angst hot sex lovers
Publisher's Note: This book was previously released under the same title. It has been expanded, revised and re-edited for re-release with Pride Publishing.

This is a wonderful angst-free story with some hot sexy times, sweet feelz and a HEA that made my heart melt.

I love that even though Brent Kelly is a big, strong jock type electrician and Logan Willis is soft-spoken, well-dressed, and a little feminine, and neither is the other's typical "type", they can't help being attracted, or falling for,

• Quinn's Hart
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Butterfly Hunter
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Frog
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • An Oral Fixation
  • Last Chance (First Impressions, #3)
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe (Blame It on the Mistletoe, #1)
  • Games Boys Play (Glitterbomb! #2)
  • Lazy Sundays (Lazy Days #1)
  • Tattoos & Teacups (Tattoos, #1)
  • Second Hand (Tucker Springs, #2)
  • One of Those Days
  • Greeting Cards
  • Whitetail Rock (Whitetail Rock, #1)
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa

A Mind is a Sexy Thing (8 books)
  • Absent-Minded Astrophysicist (Astrophysicist, #1)
  • Book Cover Lover
  • Don't Judge a Book...
  • Moving Mountains (Finding Home, #1)
  • Physical Chemistry
  • Professor's Keeper
  • Prove Me Wrong
“So, this Doctor Who guy travels to different galaxies in the TARDIS thing?" There was only silence on the line, so as always, I felt the need to fill it. "Because it's not very aerodynamic, and it doesn't seem like it's built to withstand the pressure of zero gravity” 3 likes
“So these Daleks conquer entire planets, right?"
"Mm-hmm." He nodded against my chest.
"But they can't even go up steps.”
3 likes