Jump to ratings and reviews

Traveling #3

Roustabout

Twelve years ago Tucker McCoy walked away from the hell that was his family with not much more than the shirt on his back. No regrets. Never once looking back.

Living his life as a roustabout turned stunt rider with a traveling carnival keeps a smile on his face. His new family are the people he’s chosen to be in his life, the people who travel his road. Kes, Zach and Zef don’t share his blood, but they share his hopes and dreams. Understand his fears and know what makes him tick. They’re his brothers, his real family.

If you keep moving, no one can catch you—it’s a simple rule. So when Tucker crosses paths with Tera Hawkins, he knows he should move on. There’s no woman that’s ever been worth breaking his rules for. Besides, she’s off limits, untouchable. He knows stronger men would walk away, but dammit, he’s always been weak.

All he can offer her is a night she’ll never forget, but will that one taste be enough?

* * * * *

'Roustabout' is the third book in the Traveling Series. Although you will meet characters from the first two books, this is a standalone story featuring one-third of Hawkins’ Daredevil stunt riders, Tucker McCoy.

328 pages, Kindle Edition

First published September 9, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jane Harvey-Berrick

58 books2,025 followers
Writing is my passion and my obsession. I write every day and I love it. My head is full of stories and characters. I'll never keep up with all my ideas...

All through 2021, I'll be including a new and original short story in my monthly newsletter. You'll get a FREE copy of my little heartbreaker PLAYING IN THE RAIN when you do.

I live in a small village by the ocean and walk on the beach every day. It’s on those beachside walks that I have all my best ideas.

Writing has become a way of life – and one that I love to share.

I've just published my first ever historical romance - partly set in Britain during World War Two, and partly set in Iowa and Las Vegas today: THE LILAC CADILLAC

Did you know that I also write books with STUART REARDON, talented, kind AND handsome!
UNDEFEATED
MODEL BOYFRIEND
GYM OR CHOCOLATE?
THE WORLD ACCORDING TO VINCE
THE BABY GAME (Nov 24th 2021)

Find me!
Amazon US http://amzn.to/1M3cFuw amazon.com/author/janeharveyberrick

Amazon UK http://amzn.to/1PdO987

FB Author page https://www.facebook.com/JHBWrites/

My Reader Group Jane’s Travelers https://www.facebook.com/groups/74596...

Don’t want to miss a discounted book or a freebie? Follow me on Bookbub https://www.bookbub.com/authors/jane-...

Email jharveyberrick@gmail.com
Youtube https://goo.gl/YBjWdd
Website www.janeharveyberrick.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
31 (3%)
1 star
8 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 182 reviews
Profile Image for Katy Loves Romance ❤️.
433 reviews716 followers
September 15, 2015
4 Stars

photo C46255DC-2FD4-4088-A9DF-FA2DE2756B84_zpslxqdbn0h.jpg

I love Jane's writing for her storytelling and how she takes you to a different place, I adored Kes and Aimee's story and they will always be my favourite couple, that being said this was a slightly different read but one I enjoyed being alongside.

What's it about?
Tucker is known for his Manwhore ways he never takes a woman twice. In fact, he pushes it twice but never connects to any woman, that is until he see's Tara. Tara is Kes's half sister and is from a different world to Tucker's . She comes to visit her brother and she just can't walk past him, she wants to live a little and therefore goes after the man that makes her feel things she has never felt before. Even if he doesn't fit into her lifestyle she wants him and she's going to have him.

Tucker was not been given the best beginning in his life. So there is an element of poverty and what there was to what he is now. With a slight amount of angst to add to the mix.

photo 0D998E6F-44C2-46BE-AA7F-EA289BB7DCE9_zps5tlsdg86.gif

This is a book about LOVE and moving mountains for Love.

It's about taking chances, and finding love on the opposite side from the life you have leaded. It's about finding love in life, and the way you live, and not just the route you take.

photo 47A612BE-82BC-4A69-A63E-D8B79A47CEE2_zps6z8oxsax.gif

It's about two people who are from opposite journeys, and opposite up bringings. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

photo 69AEDAAF-14C4-4049-AE3F-E91617DFE673_zpsyaf90zwf.jpg

I loved Tucker for his undivided attention to the people that mattered and although he perceived as a Manwhore , he had a heart of gold, he was trustworthy, loveable, dedicated, and always did the right thing. He was last and others were first. I think the thing about Tucker is that he may not have a family as such of his own, but he sure as hell made the people he cares about his family. So to me this story was about sacrifices and finding peace and happiness. About enjoying what we're given. About finding LOVE. And falling in love.

Tara was Kes' sister and has battles to cross (not essentially her brother) but more the kind of people she's been associated with her whole life. But she's fed up of letting her family live her life for her so she goes after what she wants. And she breathes the choice she's making. A strong willed heroine, I loved her loyalty to Tucker and how he was it for her yet wanted the time to find out what they could be.

photo 9B194850-CF82-479E-85FA-2AF7EE204110_zpsecvhpage.gif

This was an enjoyable read from the beginning, a well crafted plot and Jane did what's she's good at, giving us a little magic. I really enjoyed this one. And for one am going to miss the these characters.

Enjoy hugs and kisses Kt xo

This can be read as a STANDALONE but I would still recommend reading the Traveling duet because I love Kes and Aimee especially!!

My The Travelling Man Review
My The Travelling Woman Review

ARC Gifted generously in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews and blog posts
Profile Image for Amanda.
1,361 reviews309 followers
September 7, 2015
5 'brilliant' stars

I'm officially in love with Tucker McCoy.

Roustabout is a story that captivate me right from the start and kept me awake all night long because I simply can't put it down without knowing what will happen in the end. I absolutely adore the heroine and in love with the hero. Not to mention the great supporting casts from the carnival, Kes, Aimee, Zef and the rest of the clan.

Tucker McCoy is the carnie stunt rider along with Kes, the hero from the previous two books in the series. He is fun, flirty and easy going. Though he sleep his way all across the country with countless woman, you can still see that he is an honorable man with a good heart. Due to his friendship with Kes, he never plan to have anything to do with Kes's half sister, Tera.

Tucker is an easy man to love. However, when we find out the painful past he is hiding from everyone around him, you can't help but fall even deeper for him. His history really tug at all my heart strings.

If you keep moving you can't get caught. Right?

description

Tera Hawkins is Kes's sister and daughter of a Senator. She has a career in political PR and going places. She always been a good girl, but Tucker seems to entice her wild side.

"I've met a lot of right men, but it seems as if it's the wrong man that I'm attracted to."

I love this heroine, Tera. She is the woman who willing to go for what she wants and is so giving. She likes Tucker and no matter how hard to try to avoid her, she is still there for him.

"Why are you here, TC? I don't mean in this shitty little town... why are you here with me?"
"Because I like you."

Tucker always feel undeserving for a woman like Tera. He think all he can provide is exceptional sexual experience. He just can't see that he is more than a good lay.

"We're on two different roads, TC. Crossing paths was an accident, but it's not meant to be."
"Can't we make our own road, choose our own path?"

Tucker finally had to confront the past that he ran away from and we get some drama involving his ex and Tera's family. There is a moment that I was worried about how will all this play out because honestly I hate ex-lover plot. They just gets on my nerve every time. But don't worry, everything work out perfectly well here.

"I'd smile at them all. I'd keep smiling till my lips cracked, and I'd never let them know that they'd beaten me."
"You don't have to smile for me, Tucker, not unless you want to."

I'm loving how Tucker slowly open up to Tera and start to accept the idea that they can be great together despite their status and nonacceptance from her family. Their romance is a classic example of opposite attract and I love every moment in their story from the beginning to the end. I'm hoping that I will get to see more of their future in the following books.

"Is that really what you want, Tera? A guy like me?"
"No, Tucker. I don't want a guy like you: I want you."
Profile Image for ~♡AB♡~.
975 reviews664 followers
September 9, 2015
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

Once again, Jane Harvey Berrick has done a fantastic job of transporting me to the carnival; the magic and wonder of it all, taking centre stage and making me feel like I was right there.

If you have read Traveling Man/Woman, you will know that Tucker McCoy is part if the Daredevils team, performing the stunt motorcycle act in the traveling carnival. If you haven't, no worries, you can read this as a stand-alone, no problem at all.

Tera Hawkins is forbidden, she is Kes's sister and off limits. Kes, who is his best friend and stunt team member, has only just connected with the sister he never knew he had, so Tucker knows that there is absolutely no way that he would allow him to be with Tera, in any shape or form.

Tucker has had it rough, he suffered badly in childhood and is a broken man. He refuses to even think about entering into a relationship with a woman, especially with his lifestyle on the road. Despite his past, he is a happy go lucky kinda man, who always sees the bright side of life, making everybody feel good and generally being the life and soul of the party.

This book takes you on a journey to find out how two people with completely different lifestyles, one a carnie stuntman, and the other a political publisist, can manage to form a lasting relationship in the face of so many hurdles.

I just love JHB's writing, she really knows how to weave a story together and make you FEEL. Roustabout had angst, promise, humour and of course a good dose of steam.

This is the third book in the Traveling series, but can be read as a Standalone. Told in dual POV.

ARC gratefully received from the author in exchange for an honest review

Profile Image for Alex is The Romance Fox.
1,461 reviews1,078 followers
November 6, 2015
 photo carnival-rides_zpsn3oi3hlf.jpg
Tucker McCoy made his first appearance in The Travelling Man, the 1st book in Jane Havey-Berricks’s fabulous The Travelling Series

Roustabout is the 3rd novel in the series and we now have Tucker McCoy, roustabout turned stunt daredevil bike driver with Hawkins Daredevil Stunt Riders carnival traveling show. He has never looked back since he joined a travelling carnival 12 years ago at the age of 17, leaving the life of poverty and hardship he had known. He’s happy with the new family and friends he has in his new life. He’s fun, happy-go-lucky, sexy, loves women but only for the sex rush….doesn’t do love and happily ever after!!
 photo 92d8d7d2-29e9-41fc-bceb-066894e1b208_zpsszydj5xr.png
But under that carefree façade, we see a man fighting the demons from his past. The story is told from both Tucker's and Tera's POV, so we are able to see the real Tucker.
I found Tucker so endearing. So many times I felt the urge to hug him and comfort him……he’s one of those characters that grab you and never let you go.

Tera Hawkins couldn’t be more different from Tucker’s world. She’s comes from a life of wealth and privilege, his best friend, Kes’s sister and totally off limits.
 photo 7ab491690de3b4a7186bf695e312a49e_zpsijrtunqw.jpg
Despite the differences between her and Tucker. Loved seeing how she tried to show him that he was a man worth loving. Her kindness and her openness were just some of her traits that I loved.

The story and character development was so good. Tucker and Tera’s relationship progresses from friends to lovers and a joy seeing how both dealt with the attraction and feelings for each other. How much Tucker tried to persuade Tera that he was not a man worthy of her….
“We’re on two different roads, TC. Crossing paths was an accident, but it’s not meant to be.”
… “Can’t we make our own road, choose our own path?”
But Tera is not daunted…she fights for what she believes in….and Tucker is the man she wants to be with.
“Won’t you even try?”
He closed his eyes, a pained look on his face.
“Is that really what you want, Terra? A guy like me?”
I shook my head. “No, Tucker. I don’t want a guy like you. I want you.”
 photo download_zpsgzgyrj57.jpg
The most poignant part of the story is when Tucker goes back home to attend his mother’s funeral. We find out about his life and his family and friends, before he left all those years ago. There so much sadness, so many people who had betrayed and lied to Tucker. The cruelty and hardness shown by the town’s inhabitants was so damn awful….my heart wept for Tucker…….and then when Tera makes an appearance at the funeral….jeez, I thought I was going to breakdown!!!
“Why are you here, TC? I don’t mean in this shitty little town…why are you here with me?”
“Because I like you.”

The other touching scene is when Tucker sells his beloved Ducati bike
 photo unnamed_zpsx8iafsyd.jpg

so he can help someone, who turns out to be the most devious character ever…..never thinks of himself but doing good for someone else……
And then, I cried buckets…..

photo tumblr_lz6afayRys1qjeu2to1_500_zpsec6de759.gif

This is also a story of family and how much they care for each other. I loved meeting up with Kes and Aimee from Travelling Man/Woman duet. And watching the daily life in a travelling carnival, the interesting and quirky characters, the friendship, the loyalty….

A beautiful written and touching love story, filled with unforgettable characters that you are fully engaged with.

This is a series I will definitely read again.

One quote I liked
 photo 1341361000436_f_zpsl00km3g7.jpg
Oh, I’m going to end off now and leave you with something I found rather interesting and fun…..check out more about the life of a Roustabout…here
 photo 60bc42fa9f80a88053a77c48a2a63bc5_zpsauv98v6k.jpg
Profile Image for Laura.
778 reviews31 followers
September 12, 2015
I like this authors writing style and it's always easy to get into her stories but I struggled with this one. Mainly because I didn't like the heroine, Tera, one bit. To me, it just seemed like the rich girl was slumming it with a Carnie. She just seemed to want Tucker for sex. The story was really predictable and I've read it a thousand times before. Manwhore hero yet first time he sleeps with the heroine it's the best sex he's ever had blah, blah, blah. Trouble with this manwhore was he had sex with someone else the next day after sleeping with the heroine for the first time. Not only that, later in the story when he's really into the heroine this same woman he slept with gives him a hard on! I just felt no connection between the hero and heroine at all.

I knew where the story was going. It was just boring. I knew what would happen with 'the boy' but even that part of the story was rushed and we didn't even get to read the whole conversation Tera had with Renee. There was no emotion, no romance. I didn't feel they fell in love. The dialogue between them was just seedy. It had no romantic tones at all. Their small problems of her having a career and him travelling with the Carnival were resolved far too easily and shame what happened couldn't have happened in Kes and Aimee's book to save Aimee giving up her career!

I've enjoyed quite a few of this author's stories but not the last few so it seems like she is writing too quickly and re-using plots etc. I found this one really disappointing.
Profile Image for Gitte TotallyBookedBlog.
1,931 reviews939 followers
September 11, 2015

“This is the carnival, where magic happens…and dreams come true.”

We first met Tucker McCoy in the Traveling Duet Series. He was the fun loving womanising carefree best friend of Kes, who shared a brotherhood within the carnival life they had both embraced as part of the Hawkins Daredevil Stunt Riders traveling show.

We love getting down to the nitty gritty of a character, finding out what shaped them, how they came to be and Jane Harvey Berrick delivered a touching and captivating love story for Tucker and Kes’ half-sister, Tera in Roustabout. We really enjoyed this book and have to note that this could easily be read as a standalone as the author provides enough background to understand Tucker’s place in the Carnival and his relationship with Kes, Aimee and the carnival crew we met in the Traveling Duet series.

Tucker and Tera couldn’t have been more opposite and yet we believed their love story. It was built from friendship to love and handled in a most engaging and true manner by Jane Harvey Berrick. As Tucker’s story unfolds we hear of a young man forced to flee an impoverished and difficult life, following an act of betrayal that would affect him deeply. Fate stepped in that day when he became a part of the Carnival at the tender age of 17 finding the loyalty and family he so craved.

“…we’re on two different roads, TC. Crossing paths was an accident, but it’s not meant to be.”
“Can’t we made our own road? Choose our own path?”

We really loved the way this author developed Tucker and Tara’s story. Tucker had been judged all his life. He’d heard it all…poor kid, loser, carnie but Tucker wore it all with a smile on his face and a carefree attitude which hid the suffering man inside. Learning what was under his façade was heartbreaking. Tucker’s coping mechanism was women and meaningless sex, a way to lose himself and forget the memories that plagued him.

“You don’t have to smile for me, Tucker, not unless you want to.”

In his corner though was a tenacious girl who despite her privileged upbringing would understand Tucker and would love him for the man he is. The loyal, honest, tough man who, if allowed to love, would love with a ferocity.

“Someone has to.”

We do have to make mention of the cover for Roustabout, specifically the fact that the model bears no resemblance to the authors description of Tucker in the book. If a cover model is to be used to interpret a character then it should remain faithful to the authors description and reflect the appearance as close as possible. In this case it was completely opposite which we found off putting, sadly.

However, putting that issue aside, it must be said that we adore Jane Harvey Berrick’s writing. She seems to capture the emotion, the pain, the love, the hurt and the healing so beautifully and so simplistically. In Roustabout we meet a young man who rose above his adversity and a young woman on a path to finding herself in the man she loves.

‘Sometimes you’ve got to want to be saved.’

**Reviewed from an ARC copy provided by the author with thanks**

THE TRAVELING SERIES
TB TRAVELING MAN REVIEW
TB TRAVELING WOMAN REVIEW

Profile Image for Brit.
Author 10 books149 followers
August 27, 2015
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog for an honest review by the author

Preorder Now: Amazon

Release Date: September 9th, 2015
Date Read: August 24th, 2015
Overall Rating: 4.5 Stars

Casting:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Review:
Jane Harvey-Berrick has done it again! What a remarkable and phenomenal novel which blew me out of my own mind. And I'm not going to lie this is my number one favorite series this year. And I cannot get enough of the daredevils. And like I said in my review for The Traveling Woman it was phenomenal in every sense of the word. I fell In love with Jane's writing earlier this year with The Traveling Man and after that I was hooked. I fell in love with her mind and how amazing she writes these magical stories and how she hooks you.

I am head over heels in love with Tucker McCoy he might be a man whore but he can also be a gentleman I seriously cannot get enough of him. I feel like out of the whole book he was the most responsible one, He manned up and took care of things and he has the biggest heart. I added Tucker to the list of book boyfriend about twenty percent in. So does that mean I'm cheating on Kes? Ugh I love both!

I had serious problems with Tera. God she was horrible. One of the most horrible heroine's that I've read and it's not because she was spoiled but the fact that she is a twenty-seven year old woman acting like she's sixteen and I didn't enjoy that so I'm not gonna talk a lot about her. But I'm so happy that Aimee and Kes makes appearances.

I feel like this was more of an upbeat novel because I laughed a lot and of course that's due to Tucker making sexual intro's at every chance he gets. But Jane wrote one amazing story the writing was superb.
Profile Image for Peggy Dabney.
Author 2 books56 followers
October 13, 2015
Jane Harvey-Berrick delivers again! Her descriptive storytelling is like no other. Tera and Tucker...talk about lovers coming from the opposite side of the tracks. Tera is a strong willed political publicist vs. Tucker, a manwhore carnie stunt man. Their love story is both painful and magical. Even though the odds are against them,we desperately want these two opposites to overcome their adversity and find a path for their love to flourish. This story is about being honest and open with each other. It's also about non-acceptance and at times is painful to read. Roustabout is full of humor, drama, and is sexy as hell. You'll feel every emotion possible cheering this heroine and hero on. Will their love survive such turmoil? Please read this wonderful story of love and conviction. I loved every word written. Kudos Jane Harvey-Berrick! You're one of the best story tellers out there. Kudos! :D
Profile Image for AJ.
2,803 reviews913 followers
September 9, 2015
… “Can’t we make our own road, choose our own path”

4 'Hell yes, you can!' stars

Jane Harvey-Berrick takes us back to the magically exciting world of the carnival in this follow up to the The Traveling Man / The Traveling Woman duet with the story of Kes’ newly-discovered sister, Tera (TC) and his fellow stunt rider, Tucker.

Roustabout-turned-stunt motorcycle ryder, Tucker loves his wild and free life. Travelling from town to town, riding his bike, living amongst his carnie family with a different woman every night – life is good. But his world is turned upside down when his best friend’s younger sister propositions him for a night together.

“Tucker, I like you, and I can tell you like me. We’re both single. I’m not asking you for a commitment – let’s just see how this goes.”

Tera is a good girl. Living the life expected of a Senator’s daughter, she has followed the path that her parents want for her, except for one area of her life – the time she spends with brother and his carnie lifestyle. She is enthralled by her older brother, who she only recently learned about, and the excitement of his lifestyle, and she’s even more excited by his best friend and daredevil partner. Tera wants Tucker, and after missing an opportunity with him once, she’s determined not to let him get away again so she starts her pursuit, even though is hesitant to get involved with her, knowing that anything between them would lead to a whole heap of trouble. But the woman is determined to get her man, and you’ve gotta respect that!

“I’ve met a lot of right men … but it seems as if it’s the wrong man that I’m attracted to.”

At first it’s all cheesy pick-up lines and blatantly smutty flirting, but Tera gets her wish of a night with Tucker and together they are absolutely ON FIRE! Hot and steamy and brimming with chemistry, the sex is intense and life-changing for them both, and they realise that their one night together will not be enough… but then real life interferes.

Tucker’s cockiness and bravado hides a painful past that he ran from at 17, and when circumstances bring him back to the town he left, and the ‘family’ he has tried to forget, Tera is there for him in a way that nobody ever has been before. And as they start to grow closer and their feelings become involved, there is a huge shift in the dynamic between them, and I loved it! In so many books it’s the guy chasing after the girl, but in this case, Tera is the driving force behind everything that happens between them, and it’s gorgeous to watch.

“I like you,” I stated. “I like like you”
He raised an eyebrow. “You
like like me?”
I smiled at him and turned away, my eyes closing. Slowly, I let my hand creep towards his, our fingers twining together.
“Yes, I like you,” I repeated simply.
There was a beat of silence, then he said, “Your Dad isn’t going to like…”
“No, he isn’t.”
“And Kes isn’t going to…”
“Probably not.”
“And I’ll be travelling…”
“I know.”
��And you’ll be in San Francisco…”
“Tucker,” I sighed. “Do you like me?”
His fingers tightened around mine compulsively.
“Do I like you, or do I
like you?” he teased.
… “Answer the question: do you like me?”
“Yeah”

I love a strong heroine who knows her mind and goes after she wants, and Tera is definitely that, putting her feelings out there and convincing a reluctant Tucker to give them a chance.

“Won’t you even try?”
He closed his eyes, a pained look on his face.
“Is that really what you want, Terra? A guy like me?”
I shook my head. “No, Tucker. I don’t want a guy
like you. I want you.”

I loved watching Tucker and Tera come together. They have some pretty intense insta-lust, and they never lose that passion for each other, with lots of steamy time that is absolutely sizzling! And the emotion between them develops slowly and realistically as they spend time together and open up to each other. Tera is there for Tucker during a difficult time in his life, but they still find time to laugh, joke and tease and they have fun together, and there is a deepening intensity between them that is absolutely beautiful to watch.

“What am I going to do with you, tucker?”
I grinned back at her. “Whatever you want, darlin’.”

Tera and Tucker both have a wonderful journey in this book, with their developing relationship and their faith in each other giving them the strength they need to make some big changes. Tera steps out from the shadow of her family to fight for the man she loves and the life she wants, but it’s Tucker’s journey that is truly life-changing. From a total manwhore who is reluctant to enter into anything beyond a one-night commitment, to starting to develop feelings for Tera and struggling with his feelings of inadequacy and not being enough for her. It’s beautifully written, and done in a way that will break your heart rather than annoy, and watching him come to accept Tera’s feelings, as well as his own, is absolutely beautiful.

“I love you … And I didn’t want to be in love with you … The people you love always let you down; they always leave you. That’s all I knew. But you…you kept coming back.”

So beautifully swoony!!!

And what I love most about these two together is that once they sort themselves out, they are committed to each other, and the difficulties and drama that they face is external to the relationship. Their feelings for each other are strong, they want to be together, and both of them are determined to make it work.

“What we’ve got…it’s too good to throw it away without giving it our best shot.”

But the lifestyle is a difficult one, and Tucker and Tera live in completely different worlds - complete with family dramas, pressures and expectations. So even with the two of them together and committed, they still have hurdles that they need to overcome in order to get their happy ever after.

“Do I think I’m good enough for her? Hell no. Do I want her to give up her life to follow me around the country? No fucking way. But whatever she wants, I’ll break every bone in my body to give it to her.”

This book is a little different from the others in the series with a lot of the action taking place away from the carnival setting, but it’s still a big part of who Tucker is, and we do get a bit of story set in the circus. I loved catching up with Kes and Aimee again, as well as Zef, Zach, Luke and Ollo. It’s a unique lifestyle that is all about freedom and family, and it’s easy to get lost in the world. And while technically this one could be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading the other two books first in order to experience it all.

I loved this book. I admit it did take me a few chapters to become fully involved, but once I was sucked in, I couldn’t put it down and read most of the book in one sitting. It’s romantic, sexy, sweet and funny, with great dynamics and a nice amount of drama which is well handled without becoming angsty, all in a unique and exciting setting. It’s a great book, and a must read for fans of the series.

4 stars.

An Advanced Reader Copy of this book was generously provided in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for The Reading's Love Blog.
1,340 reviews218 followers
May 3, 2018
RECENSIONE COMPLETA QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.it/2...

description
Abbiamo incontrato Tucker per la prima volta nei due precedenti romanzi della serie, dedicati alla storia di Kes e Aimee. Lo abbiamo visto eseguire dei numeri pericolosi con la sua moto insieme a Zef e Kes e lo abbiamo visto condividere con Kes un legame di fratellanza nella vita del circo itinerante. Mentre Kes è nato nel mondo del circo, Tucker è entrato in quel mondo per necessità. Tucker è stato giudicato per tutta la vita e con il suo umorismo, le battute spiritose e i suoi modi spensierati si è creato la facciata da ragazzo felice. La maggior parte dei circensi lo accetta così com'è perché non vedono oltre la superficie, ma in realtà all'interno nasconde un uomo sofferente, distrutto dal passato. Il suo modo di allontanarsi dal passato comprende le donne e il sesso, un modo per perdere se stesso e allontanare i ricordi che lo affliggono. Tera Hawkins non era prevista. Tucker e Tera non possono venire da vite più diverse. Il passato di Tucker è disperazione e tristezza, mentre quello di Tera di privilegi e indulgenze. Lei è la sorella di Kes e figlia di un senatore. E' sempre stata una ragazza virtuosa ma sembra che Tucker riesca a far uscire il suo lato selvaggio. Quando lei entra nella sua vita, la facciata che lui ha costruito nel corso degli anni, prende una svolta totalmente diversa. Tucker inizialmente non vuole conoscere Tera per rispetto nei confronti di Kes e cerca di allontanarsi. Non è facile per lui fidarsi delle persone, a parte la famiglia acquisita del circo, e crede che l'amore sia un'illusione. Pensa che tutto ciò che può offrire a Tera è un'eccezionale esperienza tra le sue lenzuola e non riesce a vedere che lei può essere molto di più di una notte di sesso. Tera può andare con qualunque uomo desidera, ma le piace Tucker e non le importa quanto lui la eviti: lei è sempre lì per lui.
description
Il nomade non è solo una storia, è la storia di Tucker, un uomo spezzato dal passato che ci fa entrare nel suo mondo di dolore e scompiglio, nei panorami, suoni e profumi del circo. Amiamo entrare nel profondo dei personaggi, scoprire chi o cosa li ha modellati nel tempo e come sono diventati. Jane ha creato l'ennesima toccante ed accattivante storia d'amore tra due anime che si salvano a vicenda. Tucker �� indubbiamente un diamante grezzo, lo abbiamo visto prendersi cura della famiglia del circo nei libri precedenti, è un disadattato ma prende sul serio le sue responsabilità. Mi è piaciuto come Tucker abbia aperto il suo cuore a Tera e come abbia iniziato ad accettare l'idea nonostante il loro diverso status sociale e il rifiuto categorico della famiglia di lei. La loro storia è un esempio classico di come l'amore riesce ad attrarre due persone così diverse. L'autrice riesce a catturare il dolore, l'amore e la guarigione di Tucker lasciando che le emozioni ci trascinino con loro. Adoro il mondo creato dall'autrice, con il suo stile semplice e accurato ci fa entrare nel mondo del circo itinerante e tutto ciò che riguarda la sua produzione e le vicende dietro le quinte. Ci mostra la vita dei personaggi che ne fanno parte e il motivo per cui scelgono di fare ciò che fanno, crea un'atmosfera familiare tra persone diverse che si vogliono bene senza pregiudizi e che vivono insieme indipendentemente dalle circostanze...

CONTINUA SUL NOSTRO BLOG. VENITE A TROVARCI
Profile Image for Jenny - TotallybookedBlog.
1,777 reviews2,011 followers
September 11, 2015

“This is the carnival, where magic happens…and dreams come true.”

“Can’t we made our own road? Choose our own path?”

“You don’t have to smile for me, Tucker, not unless you want to.”

“Someone has to.”

‘Sometimes you’ve got to want to be saved.’

**Reviewed from an ARC copy provided by the author with thanks**

✦✦✦ Come say Hi : TB on Facebook
✦✦✦Follow us: TB on Twitter
✦✦✦Check out: TB on Pinterest

✦✦✦ Come say Hi TB on TSU
Profile Image for Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle.
628 reviews122 followers
September 12, 2015
*ARC received from author via blog tour*

4.5 ★

♥♥♥ Oh Tucker, you sugar, you!!! ♥♥♥

When I found out that Tucker was getting his story as part of this series, I just knew I had to continue with the series.

The first 2 books (The Traveling Man and The Traveling Woman) introduced us not only to Kes & Aimee but also to the interesting and thrilling world that is the carnival. Here, we continue to see the inner workings of the carnie world, but the focus is now on Tucker and Tera, obviously.

Tera, Kes’ half-sister, was introduced in the 2nd book. Tucker, is one of the stuntmen who make up Kes’ team. Their story brings a whole different dimension, clearly, because of their back story. Whereas Kes was born into the carnie world, Tucker stumbled upon it and entered that world out of necessity. As much as an outsider Aimee was, she brings in a lot of history with Kes from childhood. Tera, on the other hand, has none of that history.

They start noticing each other. Tera was just ready to live a little and what better way than to act on her pull towards Tucker. Tucker initially didn’t want to acknowledge her out of respect for Kes primarily and thinking that Tera was just out of his league. But I gotta hand it to Tera. She put herself out there and just pursued him in her own quiet way.

Tucker and Tera couldn’t have come from any more opposite upbringing and lifestyle. Tucker’s past was one full of desperation and sadness. Tera’s was full of privilege and indulgences. Tucker due to his past and work had his manwhore ways. Tera had her sheltered life, under the shadow of his politician father. Tucker was all about not being tied down. Tera was all about being settled. And yet…

Tera had me worried a little in the beginning thinking her naiveté will get the better of her, having this almost unrealistic view of the world just because of how wrapped in cotton wool she was. Also, as she admitted herself, for all the independence she claimed to want to have, she tugged daddy’s purse string enough. But despite all that, I actually did like her a lot in the end. Her actions showed growth, it showed oomph, and she truly saw the kind of man Tucker had hidden underneath and realized what a treasure he is.

Tucker was undoubtedly a diamond in the rough. I’ve seen already how he cared for his carnie family even in the previous books. For all the manwhore ways that he projected, whether he acknowledged it or not, he’s a true gentleman and a real family man, and he takes his responsibilities seriously. He’s lackadaisical yet he knows how to man up. He’s funny, got no guile about him, a natural people-person, very charming, and oh so sweet… and oh, hot! *wink-wink*

I loved how they tackled the challenge(s) that their relationship presented; realistically, maturely, and accommodatingly. It showed how much they truly care for each other. *sigh*

If I had any qualms about this book, it’s only because the pace of some of the scenes felt a tad off for me, and one scene near the end almost felt like overkill. I thought to myself, what else does this couple need to go thru?

Ultimately though, Jane has captured my heart once again with another beautiful touching story that’s full of earnest honest feelings.
Profile Image for Bj.
1,217 reviews263 followers
September 15, 2015
4.5 "Star-Crossed Lovers" Stars! If you loved the Traveling Duet (Traveling Man/Traveling Woman), you will not want to miss Tucker McCoy's and Tera Hawkins' story. Tucker is one of the other three motorcycle stunt riders that travels with Kes in the carnival circuit, and Tera is Kes' recently discovered half sister who was raised by his estranged father the Senator. Roustabout has the same angst filled, heart wrenching emotional quality that I fell in love with in the Traveling Man/Traveling Woman, and that only a true star crossed lovers romance can draw out. While the facts are slightly different here, its another inspiring romance that allows you to root for the underdog and ultimately proves that true love can transcend anything, including class differences.

For those of you who are wondering if Roustabout can be read as a standalone, the answer is yes. While it is helpful to have read, Traveling 1 and 2, to put the carnival life and the various secondary characters in context; strictly speaking, Roustabout can be read as a standalone, as the romance between Tucker and Tera is fully contained within this book.

After one emotionally scarring experience, Tucker discovered that women are best enjoyed in a non-serious relationship. His exceptional flirtatious manner, and ability to smile in the face of adversity combined with his demanding physical regime, further prime him as the perfect candidate to charm nearly any woman. Moreover, his life on the carnival circuit, which began as a roustabout (a general carnival jack of all trades) and which now has turned into the more coveted position of a motorcycle stunt man--has never been conducive to anything longer than a night (or two) anyway.

Tera is enjoying getting to know her brother Kes, visiting him often at the carnivals he is performing at when time off from her busy career allows. It is during one of those visits that she first sets her sights on Tucker. Though she knows Tucker's reputation, she is determined to have her own, at least, one night of pleasure with this man who elicits a reaction in her like no other.

As soon as Tucker, learns who she is (Kes' sister) though, he starts avoiding her though he's equally as tempted. Just as it appears that Tera may be wearing Tucker down though, a blast from the past comes back into Tucker's life that threatens it all. As if that weren't enough to contend with, Tera's protective and rich father and mother are equally determined to ensure that Tera, who is ever in the political spotlight due to her Senator father's political ambitions, date a man worthy of the political spotlight. Then, of course there is Kes and Aimee, who are protective of his Kes' sister, and who know Tucker's proclivities when it comes to women. Do Tera and Tucker possibly stand a chance among this avalanche of obstacles?

All in all, Roustabout is another hit for Jane Harvey-Berrick. I can't wait to read more of Ms. Harvey-Berrick's evocative writing in the future!

Source: Review copy provided in exchange for an honest review.

Profile Image for Talltree.
2,081 reviews25 followers
Shelved as 'maybe'
September 14, 2015
h is H's brother's best friend. She watches manho H f*^king many OW; h chases H. H pushes h away bcos of who she is. The morning after their ONS, H is boinking another woman that evening and night. Later when H is in relationship with h and OW slides on H's lap and flirts with him, he gets hard. He admits he misses regular smex and finds monogamy hard ( they're kind of long distance). Oh and also cheating childhood sweetheart (who apparently H really loved) drama. Plus she says her kid is the H's... Ugh!!

I skimmed just bcos I was excited to get the book, but I'm SO disappointed the author went this route. Oh JHB!! Why couldn't you have just left Tucker as the adorable manho - there was no need to pair him up!!! WHY?? I hate this, I just don't think this HEA will be believable:(((

But it will be nice seeing Kes and Aimee....so I can't believe this but I may give this a try - just bcos I love this author. But it still SUCKS!!
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Marieke ~ Marieke's Books.
454 reviews23 followers
October 2, 2015
Tera Hawkins is a young woman working for her father’s political campaign. A year ago, her world is shaken to its core, not only did her father cheat on her mother, also the existence of two half-brothers came to light. The treatment of her half-brothers mothers by her father makes her resent him, just as her parents’ reaction and cover-up of the whole situation. Because Terra never had siblings, she wants to form some sort of relationship with her half-brothers. Therefor she visits her brother Kes whenever her work allows her, on the fairgrounds he’s working with his wife Aimee and their house in the countryside. It’s here she meets Tucker McCoy, a member of Kes’s stunt team. Despite the differences between them, the lives they lead, she finds herself very attracted to him.

"I'd never done anything like this before, but I figured that a man I was powerfully attracted to like Tuckers… this was the place to start living my live.”

Tucker didn’t have an easy childhood, ignored by his mother and beaten by his stepfather he leaves town after learning the truth about the girl he thinks is his girlfriend. He just walked away, joined the carnival and never looked back for 12 long years. Tucker is a man who enjoys his freedom, does what he wants, when he wants and with whom he wants as long as it stays casual. Due to his upbringing, the life he leads and his respect for Kes, he feels he doesn’t deserve a good girl like Tera.

“I knew Tera was attracted to me, and I was definitely attracted to her, but that was the problem. She was Kes’s sister: she wasn’t someone I could fuck and forget.”

Tucker and Tera see each other every time she comes to visit her brother and his wife; they feel a mutual attraction but don’t act on it. One day Tera decides she’s done, done with being the good girl, do the right thing and let her father dictate her life. She wants to start living, truly living and finally give in to her attraction to Tucker. Knowing he’s not a relationship kind of guy she offers him one night of hot sex, no promises no expectations. Tucker knows he should say no, she’s his best friends half-sister and she is, in his opinion, too good for him. After dancing around each other for a bit, they finally give their relationship a real chance.

Roustabout brings you back to the world of The Traveling Man and The Traveling Woman, the first two books in the series. I’ve really enjoyed seeing the people from the previous books, to see glimpses of their lives and relationships. The story being told isn’t an unique one, but it’s written in the beautiful style of Jane Harvey-Berrick, full of real feelings and emotions, love and hope.

“Shock, relief, satisfaction, astonishment, disbelief, hope. Most of all hope. So many emotions flowed through and over and around me. I drowned in them, drank them in, feeling unworthy, blessed, and determined not to fuck up.”

I was excited for this book since I heard Tucker would be getting his own book, and this story did my excitement justice. I loved the story, the leading characters, and the road they traveled. I give this book 5 beautiful stars.

Check out my blog: http://www.mariekesbooks.com
Profile Image for Emma.
166 reviews23 followers
August 29, 2015
I was very lucky in winning an early copy of the Roustabout and here is my honest review:

The Daredevils are back! This time its the story of Tucker McCoy.

Jane Harvey-Berrick is an incredibly clever author. She has the talent to create a hero that has the right mixture of strong, alpha exterior but with a hidden vulnerability. You don't know if you want to rip their clothes off or cuddle them at the same time. Her writing is just beautifully described. I just couldn't put the book down.

Tucker is the perfect bad boy. We meet him as the womanising joker with his sinful body wrapped in ripped jeans, tight faded T-shirt & biker boots. Always laughing and smiling with his flirty Tennessee accent purring "Sugar" after a sentence. We soon find out that Tucker has a hidden past and we're taken back to Tucker's early life.

Tucker's upbringing has a Cinderella feel to it. He has cared and looked after his family at such an early age but received nothing in return. It broke my heart at times the hardship he went through and I wished for him to find his beautiful princess and get his HEA.

The princess would be Tera Hawkins but she's no damsel in distress. She was an incredibly strong character who challenged and forced Tucker to show his true self. She was refreshing and I liked her character.

The sexual chemistry was off the charts and there was plenty of it for all you smut lovers (me included).

Another fantastic book by a fantastic author. 5 daredevil stars!
Profile Image for Lelyana's Reviews.
3,237 reviews382 followers
Want to read

* * * * * * * * * *

I was with my patient at the clinic, and I saw a cover revealed...

Came home, and open my laptop, and stared...

But, it's Jane...and I always love her stories.

Oh, well...It's better be good.

Profile Image for Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks.
1,729 reviews150 followers
September 18, 2015

Blog Tour post here: https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

***ARC received in exchange of an honest review***

I absolutely LOVED The Traveling Man (see my review HERE) and The Traveling Woman (see my review HERE), they are both on my list of favorite books of 2015. And even though I didn’t rate Roustabout 5 stars I liked it a lot too!

This review is a bit harder for me to write because I LOVE Jane Harvey-Berrick’s writing and I LOVE the magical world she created in the previous two books. But with this one I missed that overwhelming feeling of belonging to a book while readint it, that powerful connection to the story. I had one issue from the start. Unfortunately I didn’t like the heroine. I mean, overal, I like Tera, but I don’t like her attitude.

I couldn’t connect with her in any level at first and to me she didn’t seem like a strong woman. Tera is a character that I would like to have more of her so I could maybe understand her better, because to me, she didn’t appeal, unfortunately.

I loved Tucker in TTM and TTW, he was funny and I loved his player vibe. I still liked him in Roustabout, we get to see he is not the shallow man everyone thinks he is, he is deep and I knew that behind his joker mask there was a man with a wounded past. And what a past it was!

Tucker travel back to his past and his roots made for the start of the conflict in the plot, although it was just the beginning of it.

Tucker’s past was a horrible one, with a mother who neglected him over her drinking and his only salve in the middle of a sh***ty life was a woman who ended up betraying him to the most! When I learned the level of Rene’s betrayal, I wanted her to BURN. Almost as much, or even more, than I wanted Sorcha to burn in the other books! And since she wasn’t satisfied with already ruining something in Trucker’s past, she goes and do something to harm his present and future too.

One thing I thought was a minor lose end was how Rene was dealt, in my opinion she deserved a whole lot of trouble for what she caused. I’m glad though that Tucker showed, once again, how much of a good man he is. He totally made me swoon!

In Roustabout we learn about Tucker’s past and we see him with our favorite gang, his circus family! I loved seeing Kes and Aimee again, and Zack and Luke, and Zef and Rollo. They make for the perfect family and I’m glad Tera get to see that the circus family is the most loyal and loving one, much more than her own family.

Speaking of Tera’s family…hm, by the end of The Traveling Woman, even though I still didn’t like him, I could see some redeeming qualities in the Senator. Senator Hawkins is Tera, Kes and Con’s father. And I don’t like him at all now. He was quite mean to Tucker and he continues to give Kes the cold shoulder, even though he thinks Con is reputable enough to be his son. I love that Tucker shows him he is more than a roustabout, more than a stunt performer. He is what the Senator wished he was one day and that is the biggest IN YOUR FACE to Senator Hawkins. He deserved it and much more! I LOVED when Tucker crashed their party, literally!

I hate that Tera doens’t speak up for her brothers to her father. Even though she learned so much about the kind of man her father is, she continues to be the spoiled daddy girl through most of the book. I don’t think she changed that much in that aspect. I didn’t like the way she goes after Tucker, the way she does and because of that I can’t see her connection with him. Which for me was a shame, because Kes and Aimee’s connection is what makes the other books to me.

In Roustabout, I love Tucker, and how he shows he is an honorable man and how he grows up, but I’m still disappointed at Tera. I don’t see the magic in their love and because I saw so much of it in the other books, it was what I was most expecting. Maybe it was because I personally didn’t connect with the heroine, but the love story was not strong enough, or wasn’t shown as strong enough, in my opinion.

Roustabout is told in both Tera and Tucker’s POVs. I don’t particularly like male POVs, but I think Jane is a master in writing them. In fact, I think Tucker’s POV was better than Tera’s. In Tucker’s we get more inside his head than in Tera’s.

One thing I liked about Tera and I wish was more shown is her relationship with Kes. It’s great to see they bonded as brother and sister and we get to see they do share love. I wish we have seen more of it, though. It would make for a good character development on her. I liked how she and Aimee became friends too and how Tera gets advice from her.

The circus family was, as usual, very enjoyable and funny. How I wish to be around these characters! And after so many years together, this book brings some changes in their lives. It’s great to see they growing!! I want to know more about Zef, he definitely intrigues me. Plus we get Daniel if we get his story and you all know how much I love my Daniel! Zack and Luke…I’m not sure I want a full-novel story on them to be honest, but I like them. I loved Zack in the previous books.

Jane almost broke my heart with this book and for parts of it I was not sure I could continue withtout being desperate. Well played, Ms. Jane! I’m sure I have a few gray hairs on my head how because of you! LOL

Overal I enjoyed Roustabout and being back to the Circus, but to me there were some minor lose ends and I missed the connection between the hero and the heroine. Would I still recommend it? Definitely! You don’t want to miss Tucker in all his hot (and hot it was! I needed to fan myself a few times) glory! Plus if you missed the Carnival after reading The Traveling Man and The Traveling Woman as I did, Roustabout will take you right back to it! The Carnival life might not be for everyone, but everyone deserves to see and feel the magic in it, after all the carnival isn’t the traveling, it isn’t the places where the circus will be set, the carnival are the people who travel with you, who make the circus. The Carnival is in their hearts.

“This is the carnival, where magic happens…and dreams come true.”
Profile Image for Selly - Leggere Romanticamente.
1,125 reviews247 followers
April 5, 2018
Recensione sul blog http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

Questo terzo romanzo della serie Travelling ha due nuovi protagonisti principali, ma essendo in qualche modo collegato al finale del secondo, il mio primissimo consiglio è quello di leggere i volumi di questa serie romance nell'ordine corretto.
Il Nomade racconta la storia d'amore tra due persone con stili di vita completamente differenti, ma, quando attrazione e sentimenti entrano in gioco, si sa che in qualche modo si deve provare a far funzionare le cose.
Tucker è uno stuntman, un membro dei Daredavils e il migliore amico di Kestrel. Essendo un circense è abituato a viaggiare e condurre una vita spartana e nomade a stretto contatto dei colleghi, inoltre è conosciuto per il suo status di donnaiolo seriale; Tucker è uno di quegli uomini che non si fa vedere più di una volta con la stessa donna e che rifugge ogni tipo di relazione.
Tera è la sorellastra di Kestrel, ma fino a pochi mesi prima non sapeva nemmeno di avere dei fratellastri, il suo personaggio è infatti entrato in scena nella conclusione del secondo romanzo, e mi ha subito incuriosita. Tera è la figlia di un senatore, una PR in carriera, per questo il suo mondo è sempre stato tutta apparenza e poca sostanza, in poche parole ha vissuto una vita sofisticata ma di facciata.
Tucker e Tera mi sono piaciuti molto da subito, dal loro primo avvicinamento nell'accampamento del circo fino ai successivi risvolti.
Tucker sa che dovrebbe tenersi a distanza di sicurezza dalla sorella del suo migliore amico, ma lei non desiste. Tucker è riuscito a risvegliare il lato selvaggio di Tera, la attrae come mai nessuno prima, perciò lei non ha nessuna intenzione di rinunciare a lui.
Nel corso della trama abbiamo modo di conoscere a fondo i trascorsi di Tucker, quel passato di cui non ha mai fatto parola con nessuno e che l'ha sempre tenuto lontano dal paese d'origine dopo essersene andato. Situazione familiare pessima, vecchie ferite e tradimenti saranno solo alcune delle questioni con cui dovrà fare i conti.
Tucker si dimostrerà una persona molto corretta, fin troppo a volte, e di buon cuore. Insomma, se già non vi aveva conquistato con il suo charme e sensualità, si andranno ad aggiungere una serie di dettagli che renderanno la sua persona ancora più facile da amare. In tutto ciò ho apprezzato tantissimo Tera, sempre in pole position a stargli vicino e proteggerlo. Anche se la loro relazione nasce in segreto, nessuno dei due ha intenzione di mantenerla tale, Tera non si preoccupa minimamente dello status sociale diverso e questo le fa guadagnare un sacco di punti.
Ovviamente i genitori di lei non la penseranno allo stesso modo ...
La narrazione della Berrick mi è piaciuta anche questa volta, la sua penna è fluida e in grado di emozionare, ma anche divertire con certe battute ironiche.
Il nomade è una storia romantica e tenera con una buona dose di angst e sensualità, con protagonisti due personaggi opposti che dovranno trovare dei compromessi per vivere a pieno la loro storia d'amore.
Una lettura consigliata alle amanti dei romance e in particolare a chi ha un debole per le ambientazioni circensi.

Punto di vista: prima persona dei due protagonisti
Sensualità: scene hot presenti
Caratteristiche: sensuale, tenero, circense
Stile narrativo: scorrevole
Tipo di finale: autoconclusivo
Profile Image for Jezabell Girl.
1,074 reviews69 followers
December 14, 2015

Just when you think that Kes is the man for you along comes Tucker to sweep you off your feet, pull on your heartstrings and make you want to pack your bags and join the nearest carnival. Yes, it’s time for Tucker’s story and it’s one to rival Kes’.

I was hesitant to read this book so soon after the success of the first two books in the Travelling series but knowing how reliable a storyteller Jane Harvey-Berrick is I knew that my concerns were unfounded. I loved the Travelling Duo and Kes and Aimee’s story and with Tucker, Zef, and Zach and a whole host of other amazing characters lined up in the wings, I guess it was inevitable that another story would be teased out of this series. But this isn’t just any story and it doesn’t just draw on the success of the first two stories, it exceeds them in many ways. Tucker’s story is one to pull you into a world of pain and turmoil as it travels backwards from the sights and sounds of the carnival, and its big top, as we realise just how difficult Tucker’s upbringing was.

Waiting in the wings to save this man from a desolate future is Kes’ sister, Tera. She senses Tucker’s unease around her and despite his man-whoring ways, she moves heaven and earth to get him to commit to her. Tucker doesn’t find it easy to trust people, apart from his carnival family, and believes love is an illusion so when he meets Tera for the first time, and his interest raises its head, he knows that he’s in for a world of pain, mainly at the hands of Kes!

I loved the simplicity of this story and that’s in no way critical of the book. It’s a true rags to riches story but with emotions instead of money. What Tera brings to the story, and to Tucker’s life, is a warmth and caring persona which is spell-binding, not only to Tucker but to us readers as well. But it’s Tucker who steals the story for me. He is beautiful and broken and hides a depth of pain behind his light hearted banter and easygoing ways. From the start it was inevitable that Tucker was going to rival Kes in my affections as his personality poured from the pages and into my heart but just when you think, and hope, that Tucker is about to find his HEA, disaster strikes!

This really was a stunning piece of writing from Jane Harvey-Berrick and I can’t praise her storytelling enough. Although beautifully written it carries with it a poignancy that you can’t help but reach out to as it pulls you, unabashedly, towards future stories in the series, if we’re lucky. If you haven’t tried any of Jane’s books before then I would highly recommend them, especially if you love your sentimental contemporary romance books. You won’t be disappointed!

Copy provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Review Requests: http://www.jezabellgirlandfriends.com...

Email: jezabellgirlandfriends@gmail.com

Web: http://jezabellgirlandfriends.com

FB: http://facebook.com/jezabellgirlandfr...

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Jezabell_girl

Google+: http://google.com/+JezabellGirl

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/JezabellGirl

TSU: https://www.tsu.co/Jezabell_Girl
Profile Image for Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'.
474 reviews58 followers
October 9, 2015
*Roustabout is the third book in the Traveling Series, but can be read as a standalone.*

Roustabout is a story of life, love, brotherhood bound by friendship that runs thicker than blood. I've said it before and I will say it again - Jane Harvey-Berrick doesn't just do romance, this isn't another formulaic bad boy meets rich girl contemporary read but an intricate, beautifully weaved life experience.

From an abused boy to a hard working roustabout runaway, Tucker McCoy is an incredible talent that has pledged to never be used as a scapegoat again. He may be a player with the ladies, but deep down Tucker's actions stem from a family who didn't love him and a betrayal that cut so deep his outlook on life in general was to make the best of what you had, grab on to every freeing opportunity and enjoy the ride.

It worked... for a time, until Tera Hawkins, half sister of Hawkins Daredevils' leader, Kes entered the fray.

Tera is looking for a little danger and some harmless fun. Being the Daughter of a politician looking to make office comes with responsibilities and a carefree shackle. Tucker McCoy is sexy, funny and incredibly talented and Tera can't take her eyes off of him. He is the perfect itch to her scratch.

When one night together manifests into a friendship built on honesty and affection, Tera learns that not everything is at it seems as she starts to question everything she thought she knew about her Father.

From family fiasco's to past indiscretions and the scary notion of finding love in a person that is the polar opposite is a battle you choose to fight... or sadly, walk away from.

And I walked this story with Tucker and Tera. Side by side I revelled in their connection, their ability to sense, to feel more given the challenges thrown at them from both family angles and the one in-between. But what I loved most about this book is Tucker and Tera's journey may be thwart with obstacles and insecurities, but every one was met with maturity and a common ground respect. You will find no annoying heroines here, just a tough one!

The sex is off the charts, but it is the characterisation that reels me in every time. Having now read this third book in the Traveling series I can honestly say that the Hawkins Daredevils exist. To me they are a strong impenetrable unit that show us what it means to be part of a family; a family that chooses you, that accepts you as you are and has your back at every opportunity. Just like the Goonies... Carnies never say die!

We get to connect with the lovely Kes and Aimee again, along with Ollo, Zef and the sweet little Bo. Characters that I've genuinely missed, welcomed me back with open arms.

If you are looking for a deep profound and exemplary written series with substance then hitch a ride on this Carnie RV... you won't ever want to leave.

5 'Sugar' Crowns
Profile Image for Fanny.
2,109 reviews54 followers
April 13, 2020

Me tomo varios años volver a retomar esta saga, y ahora que acabo de finalizar esta tercera parte no entiendo porque razon pase tanto tiempo sin leer las novelas que me faltaban.

Roustabout es una lectura diferente y grata de leer, no tiene giros inesperados o una trama inolvidable, y sin embargo tiene un toque tan magico y poco habitual que te atrapa con lo que narra desde un primer momento.

Me gusta mucho la familia que han formado todos estos personajes del carnaval, desde fuera puede parecer que tienen una relacion un poco extraña pero en el fondo son tan cercanos y se aman tan profundamente, que realmente me conquistaron.

Tera y Tucker son una pareja divertida, relajada, bonita y romantica, es verdad que en un principio temi que su historia de amor no me emocionara tanto como la de Aimee y Kez, pero ese fue un miedo absurdo, puesto que su amor me agrado muchisimo.

En definitiva, Roustabout es un libro entretenido y sin drama que cumple su funcion de distraer tu cerebro, tal vez no sea la lectura mas trascendental del mundo pero me dejo muy buen sabor de boca.

3.5 Estrellas!
Profile Image for Nancy's Romance Reads.
261 reviews439 followers
Want to read
August 21, 2015
Here's the beautiful cover of ROUSTABOUT, book three in the Traveling series! Release day: 9 Sept. :D

Blurb:

Profile Image for Le cercatrici di libri.
1,694 reviews35 followers
April 27, 2018
Recensione:
Voglio essere sincera al cento per cento e ammettere con voi lettori che non ero assolutamente curiosa di leggere il libro di Tucker... tra tutti i circensi era quello che mi aveva lasciato più indifferente e dopo che la vita di Kes e Aime ormai aveva un punto, il mio interesse era catapultato tutto su Zef... niente, ero così presa dai suoi misteri che volevo addirittura leggerlo in inglese senza aspettare la traduzione.
Tornando a Tucker ero così maldisposta verso di lui che me sono tenuto sul tavolino da quando l'ho comprato a tempo di libri. Ho iniziato a leggerlo proprio qualche giorno fa e le prime pagine mi hanno dato l'idea che mi ero fatta, di una storia molto pepata e hot, visto che Tucker è un gran puttaniere e ogni notte ne ha una diversa.
Mi è calata subito la noia e una certa delusione, ma... e sì, in questo caso c'è un ma grosso come una casa perché all'improvviso arriva una telefonata che incasina le carte a tal punto che l'uomo che gira sempre nudo, il giullare scanzonato del circo si trasforma in un laconico e tenebroso uomo che non vuole neppure rispondere.
Capirete benissimo che la mia fantasia si è accesa e ho cominciato a macinare pagine con un interesse che si è trasformato da zero a mille con una grande impennata.
D'improvviso si è capito che dietro quel sorriso sfrontato e quella faccia da schiaffi si nascondeva un uomo con un passato complesso, pieno di casini e di dolore. Così tanti orridi casini che il mio cuore ha fatto crack in più punti, chiedendosi quanto può davvero soffrire un essere umano prima di gettare la spugna.
La Berrick con la sua solita maestria ci mostra come le sofferenze umane siano molteplici e come per cambiare in meglio si è disposti a tutto, pure a vendere se stessi. Offre spaccati di povertà che fanno veramente accapponare la pelle per la disperazione e la scabrosità di certe scene veramente disgustose anche se purtroppo reali.
La Berrick è bravissima a non svelare subito le carte, a tenerci all'oscuro di tutto man mano che Tucker comincia a ricordare, ma ogni volta si ferma e non ci svela cos'è successo veramente. Dal passato i colpi di scena non si sprecano, ne arrivano uno dietro l'altro come missili nucleari pronti a destabilizzare sia il protagonista che il lettore.
Oltre a questo ovviamente siamo in presenza di un amore ostacolato alla Romeo e Giulietta :D, no scherzo ma ostacolato lo resta perché Tucker e Tera vengono da due mondi completamente diversi. Lui è un uomo spezzato con un passato tormentato che nasconde tutto dietro un sorriso e una vita senza radici. Lei è una principessa di nome, non di fatto, perché nonostante sia la figlia di un senatore ha un linguaggio veramente sboccato... e non vi nascondo che questa è la cosa che mi ha fatto storcere il naso, l'avrei preferita principessa a tutti gli effetti per diversificarla dagli altri personaggi. Tornando ai due protagonisti non potrebbero essere più diversi e più irriconciliabili... insomma una di quelle trame in cui veramente i protagonisti sono costretti a lottare in tutti i sensi per riuscire a coronare il loro sogno d'amore, ma anche in questo caso, anche se la Berrick parte nel migliore di modi, poi si perde e diventa tutto molto più semplice e fattibile.
Il tema più importante di questo romanzo è sicuramente il compromesso d'amore, di cui Tera e Tucker si faranno più volte portavoce nell'arco del romanzo per poter vivere la loro storia. Perché si sa, quando si ama, non si conosco ostacoli, si soffre la lontananza ma si cerca in tutti modi di esserci per l'altro.

Quello che era stato sexy e divertente, ora era diventato un dolore tagliente. Era come provare ancora il dolore di dodici anni prima, anche se con un'altra sfumatura.

E anche se Tera e Tucker sono due mondi diversi, oltre ad avere una grandissima intesa sessuale, riescono a leggersi dentro in un modo unico e indescrivibile. Diciamo che Tera con il suo carattere deciso e molto alla mano, a tratti sfacciato, è stata come un uragano nella vita piena di segreti di Tucker.
Tornano anche in questo volume tutti gli altri personaggi che abbiamo amato nei precedenti romanzi. Tornano e ci fanno ancora amare questa grande famiglia allargata di circensi.
Nel finale conosceremo momenti di ansia e adrenalina che ci toglieranno di nuovo il fiato per volare fino all'epilogo troppo troppo corto :D

Troverò sempre un modo per tornare da te. Sempre.

Diciamo che l'inizio e la fine sono le parti che ho gradito meno, rispetto a tutta la stupenda evoluzione centrale del romanzo!
Lo stile è sempre lo stesso cattura per il suo modo di descrivere questi legami così particolari di questo mondo, cattura per le battute piene di sesso e di ironia di Tucker e stavolta è anche infarcito di tanto sesso caldo e bollente.
Ora mi proietto a tutta birra verso Zef, che spero arrivi molto presto.
Grazie alla casa editrice che ci ha tradotto questa meravigliosa serie, tradotta benissimo. I cartacei sono uno spettacolo per gli occhi.

Fabiana

Profile Image for Sandy.
388 reviews12 followers
March 31, 2018
• Quello sarebbe stato un ricordo che mi sarei portato nella tomba: la ruota panoramica, le stelle, Tera che ansimava su di me e l’improvvisa, terrificante, consapevolezza che amavo quella donna incredibile e priva di paura. Non c’erano più dubbi. Avevo provato sempre più insistentemente a non lasciar avvicinare più nessuno a me, ma lei c’era riuscita comunque. Tera mi possedeva completamente, tanto nel corpo, quanto nell’anima, e non c’era niente che potessi fare per cambiare le cose. •
Profile Image for reading the sheets.
267 reviews8 followers
August 26, 2015
Tucker McCoy had a hellish childhood his only friend was Renee they helped each other through their hellish childhoods, finally having had enough of the life he had he walked away and ended up working as a roustabout then a stunt rider with a carnival.Those people became his new family.Kes,Zef and Zach are more like brothers to him than his own ever were.Tucker loved women he slept with them and moved on never going back for more.He was known for his womanising ways infact he was famous for them!!!
Enter Tera Hawkins she was strictly off limits being the sister of Kes.He tries to stay away from her but Tera pursues him and eventually his restraint snaps and he gives in to the lust he feels for Tera,but she is different a Senators daughter shes nothing like the women he usually goes for shes classy,beautiful and Tucker cant help himself.Warned off her by her fathers hired help he thinks shed be better off without him but shes having none of it and fights to keep her man!!Can Tucker give up his wild woman ways and be with just one woman?Tera is changing him,he wants more than just a one night but with his life on the road and hers a million miles away from his can it work?What can he offer her?
Tera slowly peels the layers of Tucker away and she sees the deeply caring sometimes vunerable man he is with a heart of gold who loves his family.When the past comes back into Tuckers life problems arise that threaten to break them apart can they work through all the barriers in their way and find a way to be together?
I loved this book!!! I didn’t stop till id finished it Tucker just stole my heart he was naughty,sexy,but underneath all the bravardo he was a goodman with a good heart.Tera I loved her character she was a senators daughter, wanted for nothing,but wasnt the typical spoilt daddys girl, she had a big heart that loved Tucker she was soft kind and caring and never let Tucker feel he wasn’t good enough even though he himself felt that way.The secondary characters were great too like one big family,the story held my interest form the first pages,the sex was off the charts Tucker is one hot sexy man!!! I was sad it ended but I couldn’t get enough of this fantastic book!!!

December 17, 2015
I was so excited to know that we were going to be getting Tucker's story and it did NOT disappoint ...this novel is intriguing from start to finish ...I am so in love with these characters ...
The like-ability of Tucker is off the charts for me ..he is so charismatic and charming and playful ....Tera (Sister to Kes) is driven and knows what she wants..And after finding out some family secrets ..is focusing on new goals for herself ...trying to find her own way ..

~~“Love is in all the small gestures,TC"~~

Reading this book is like catching up with family ..there are two previous books in this series ..which I LOVED as well...BUT...this one is a Standalone novel and can be read as such.....There is so much growth that happens with Tucker and Tera ..individually and together...Tera is so confident and her willingness to put herself out there...I felt...was exactly what Tucker needed ..someone that was willing to go the distance for him..to show him ...that he is WORTH it ..

~~“Can’t we make our own road, choose our own path?”~~

Peeling away the layers of Tucker takes a strong ...sexy....kind and caring person ...with some patience ...and Tera has all that in spades ...The writing is superb and griping ..the characters come to life....

~~I learned one important fact: it’s okay not to have all the answers.~Tucker~~

At the end of this read I was giddy ...a bit emotional ..and left with that feeling in your heart ..you know the one ...the one you get after you've read a book that will always stay with you..the one that put you through "THE FEELS"....Do yourself a favor and go on this journey with them ...you will not regret it ...Highly Recommended Read!!!
Profile Image for CeCe.
3,338 reviews109 followers
May 9, 2016
I did not care for Tera - 27 year old spoiled rich girl.
The hero, Tucker. I am okay with manwhores in stories., but once the hero has sex with the heroine, he should not be having sex with OW the next day. I could not connect. I usually believe stories where the manwhore falls for the heroine and changes his ways, but Tucker NO.

This is my opinion. Reading is subjective. You may disagree with me 100%.

I have loved other books by Jane Harvey-Berrick. There were some other heroines that were on her book that I questioned, but in the end, I understood them even if I did not love them. Tera, she was just a character I just could not stand. It was all about the sex. I don't care if Tera was Tucker's best sex EVER blah, blah, blah. This is one couple (I don't care how good the ending is) would never work. Tucker should have had a different heroine. These were just two horny people who liked to have sex.
THE END.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for book_luv_r.
997 reviews
Read
August 27, 2015
OMG! Worst cover EVER for a book. I seriously thought his motorcycle was the Chick Fil-A cow. Talk about a puny wimp for a hero.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 182 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.