Start by marking “Soldier (Talon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Soldier (Talon, #3)

Soldier

(Talon #3)

The thrilling next story in the The Talon Saga, the incredible new YA fantasy series from New York Times bestselling author Julie Kagawa.

When forced to choose between the sinister Talon organisation and being hunted by her own kind, dragon-human hybrid Ember fled. Even if it meant losing Garret, the dragon-slaying soldier she shares a deep bond with.

Now Garret has
Published May 5th 2016 by MIRA Ink (first published April 26th 2016)

Start your review of Soldier (Talon, #3)
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

His fingertips came to rest against the back of my hand, sending a zip of current through my whole body. Im done hiding, he whispered. Nothing has changed. I know we might not have a lot of time, but what we do have, I want to spend right here.

That feelingI know you're familiar with itwhen the air is sucked out of your lungs, when your world collapses beneath your feet, the world ceases to exist as it shatters to pieces around
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I don't freaking know.

I mean I love all of the characters, but I'm over this love triangle crap! Why can't they just be brother/husbands and just forget about it. Ember has just gotten on my last nerve and I have a freaking headache.

But yes, since I still love everyone and they are cool dragons they get 3 stars. I wish there was more dragon action in the book though. I love all of the main characters. Just because I don't want a certain someone with another certain someone doesn't mean I don't
TJ✨
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, audiobook
Edit 4/29/14

THE REVIEW

Why this book?
Even though the last book of this series pissed me off I gave this one a chance to redeem itself

What I thought

The Riley and Ember parts

The Garret and Ember parts

The Dante parts

Even though I had to endure a small romance between Riley and Ember, and boring Dante parts. I thought this book was amazing, but was of course it was, it was written by Julie Kagawa. Julie knows how to write a book that drags you in, and doesnt let you go until the last moment. She
Dannii Elle
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

I received this book on a read to review basis from NetGalley. Thank you the author, Julie Kagawa, and the publisher, Harlequin Teen, for the opportunity.

This is the third installment in the Talon series and by far the most superior in terms of both character development, plot and writing.

The premise of this dragon saga initially appealed to me as it sounded like an action-packed read, but this was the first book in the series that I felt actually delivered consistently
Beth
May 05, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Why isn't this in my hands yet? I need it! After the ending of Rogue I HAVE to find out what happens in the next instalment. Please release it soon Julie Kagawa.

Also who else is Team Riley/Cobalt?
Natalie Monroe

"I swallowed. 'There's no right answer, is there?'

'There never is in war.'

First off, slow clap for the ending. What a ballsy move. This is The Iron Queen-circa Kagawa, the one I've been missing.

If she doesn't rescind it, I will give Legion five stars on the spot. I'm that impressed.

(view spoiler)
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink

I need some time to process this. I am hurt about the ships. And happy. But hurt. I DONT KNOW. I JUST DONT KNOW.
Want to know why? Read at your own risk. (view spoiler)
Suzanne
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one best so far in the series! It was so good! Ember wasn't that naïve or frustrating in this one
Colleen Houck
Oh man. Where this one ends is killer! Prepare yourself. Love these characters. Dragons are one of my favorite creatures and so this series is perfect for me. What's not to love? Two gorgeous guys, a smart, sassy girl, people on both sides trying to kill you. I especially loved Jade, the Chinese dragon.
Nikita
Updated May 4, 2016:
Soldier is gripping, intense, shocking and amazing. Garret has been taught by St. George that dragons were a threat to mankind and believed that their mission was to kill them. However, after meeting the fiery rebellious dragon Ember and learned the truth about her kind has changed everything he once knew and believed in. Every choice hes made has set him on a dangerous path but he is determined to set everything right. Betrayed, on the run and being hunted by her own kind,
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
The love triangle is getting intense right about now. I need 100% more Dante, please.
Cody
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-be-released
I have loved this series since the beginning but I just knew Soldier was going to be a little different from Talon and Rogue. Its that feeling you get when everything is going well but youre waiting for the other shoe to drop, for disaster to strike. Except in this case youre waiting for Julie Kagawa to crush your soul.

Similar to the Iron Fey series Kagawa makes you fall in love with her wonderful characters, even the bad guys have their shining moments, its hard to have strong negative feelings
Sabrina
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, i-cried
Checkout my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

I'm yelling.
THAT ENDING!!!!!!! JULIE KAGAWA HAS DONE IT AGAIN, A HEART BREAKING CLIFF HANGER THAT HAS LEFT ME IN TEARS.

Honestly, every book that I've read by Julie Kagawa has made me. This is a wonderful writing quality that I hope other authors emulate. That is her signature writing. Every damn chapter has their own cliffhanger.

I know I haven't reviewed the first 2 books on this blog but I will try to summarize it the
Erin Arkin
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dear Julie Kagawa...did I wrong you in some way? I have no words for that ending...other than I'm going to need the next book right now. Please and thank you.

Soldier is book three in the Talon series by Julie Kagawa and if you havent started the series yet, you definitely should. I will warn you, if you have read anything by Kagawa, you know she isnt one to let her characters go happily off into the sunset when you are mid-series so keep that in mind when you pick this book up.

I wasnt really
Oda Renate
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
ooo we have a title,yeay :)
Now its just to wait for the cover :D

Welll.Well.Well.
Not sure what to say.
Yes, I do.
This book series has just gone down in quality from book 1, book 1 being great the other being less great.
I love the world so its so sad the plot and characters were handled this way.
Espesially since the fey quartet only got better and better so I know Kagawa can better.
Still it was enjoyable so a weak 3 stars.
♠ TABI ♠
Oooh, pretty cover! I was wondering how they'd fit this in to the theme of the books, and I must say I am very satisfied. Please stay a matching set!!!

Oh, and still waiting for a Riley/Ember kiss...
Beth
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, own
Grab this copy since I had all the rest and didn't want to miss one. I wanted to love it but I'm having a really hard time with this love triangle! Ember vacillation is just getting on my nerves but I think its all the times all three of them say the same thing over and over about their feelings.

That's before we even go onto Dante's little side bars within Talon...

I'm heading onto the next book hoping this is all going somewhere and this circling stops.

Sinead
Oh God, that ending. Im still not over it. Some friends had warned me that the ending to this book would break me emotionally, but wow. Just, no. My heart hurts. Its going to be hard to recover from this emotional rollercoaster, let me tell you. How am I supposed to wait a year to find out what happens??

This is definitely my favourite out of this series so far. It picks up a small while after the ending of Rogue, where Riley and Ember are moving as fast as they can to save Rileys network of
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

Review coming soon!
Tracy (Cornerfolds)
Read more of my reviews at Cornerfolds.com!

Talon is a series that I never thought I'd get into. I'm not into contemporary fiction and I don't really get the appeal of dragons. But against the odds, I ended up really enjoying the first two books in the series and I obviously had to pick up book three! To be honest, when I first went hunting for this, I thought it was the last book in a trilogy, but... Nope. It's book three in a five book series. I'm not sure why exactly this is five books long,
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
I wanted to fly up beyond the clouds, where nothing would hear me but the stars.

So I have a theory regarding the love triangle in here that sort of just appeared in my head and I'm going to put it behind a spoiler cut just to be safe.
(view spoiler)

Anyway, on with the review!

Garrett, a former soldier of St
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
Still love this series. Really didnt see the Sallith'tahn stuff coming, but definitely makes things interesting. As long as she is with Garret in the end.
dessie
Review also posted on Samodivas

I received a free advanced copy from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The third installment in the Talon Saga once again picks up just about where its predecessor left off Ember and Riley are on the run as ex-soldier Garret Sebastian has left them and now travels to London the capital of all St. Georges activity. But he is thrust right back into the action with his previous accomplices when he learns of a sinister plan that has been
Ashley
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series forever has my heart. is it 2017 yet? I need Legion now!
Linda
OMG! I am reeling... NOOOOOO! This is a not-to-be-missed installment in the Talon saga!

My heart seemed to stop. Garret paused, as if gathering his thoughts, or his courage, then took a deep breath. I know Ive made mistakes, he continued, shaking his head. But theres still the chance for me to fix them. I shouldnt have walked out that night. His brow creased, a flicker of pain and regret going through his eyes. Ember, I know you cant feel what I do, he said. I get that. ButI want to be with you.
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
My life is a black abyss. RTC when I stop weeping.

5/10/16---
Okay. Deep breath. Let's give this a try.

Kagawa, you crafty devil. You fool me into thinking that everything is going fine and dandy with my favorite characters. Towards the end of this, Ember has chosen who she wants to be with, Riley and Garret are doing their best to set aside their differences to work together and maybe even act like friends...AND THEN YOU GO AND RIP THE RUG OUT FROM UNDER MY FEET AND I LAND STRAIGHT ON MY FACE. How
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Betrayal, pain, action, fights, loyalty, love, hope, strength... Soldier encompassed all of that, and more!

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

With a skillfull pen, Kagawa gave me an amazing story with Soldier. My main feels were of excitement and suspense, with a dash of romance, and possibly regret as well. Ember was torn between her human and dragon side more than ever, and this involved her in a strangely addictive and comprehensible love triangle.

The action was
K.K. Summer
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
okay Julie - that reeeaallly isnt fair! what the hell?!?!? such a cliffhanger and I will need to wait 1 more year??? How am I supposed to wait Oo but it was good so so so so so so good! And OMG Embers decision .. I loved it!!! <3 I can not wait for Legion to come out! I need it like .. NOW Oo ...more
Siobhan
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bring on Legion I need to know what comes next!

As with the prior books in the series, the ending of this one has left me more than eager to continue on with the series. In fact, Im sure Julie Kagawa does it on purpose. She constantly leaves us with cliff-hanger endings so that we have to continue on with the series. Is it a great money making campaign or a wonderful way of continuing the story? I dont know but, once again, Ill be carrying on with the series.

That all should come at the end of my
Anca
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this book and what... tha... f*ck???
That ending... oh my... my head is still spinning, did Julie really just do that???

Sorry people, no time to write a proper review, I need to continue with this series, this CAN NOT be the way it goes, I don't believe it, this HAS TO BE FIXED!!!

I'm seriously trash for this series!
4.5* my favorite so far!

• Firstlife (Everlife, #1)
  • Nightblood (Frostblood Saga, #3)
  • Battle Angel (Immortal City, #3)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 2 (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • Lifeblood (Everlife, #2)
  • A Crown of Dragons (Unicorne Files, #3)
  • De Slaventocht
  • Fireblood (Frostblood Saga, #2)
  • 月刊少女野崎くん 11 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 11] (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, #11)
  • 외과의사 엘리제 1 (Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp, Season 1)
  • Endure (Defy, #3)
  • Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)
  • Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3)
  • Spellcaster (Spellcaster, #1)
  • Natural Born Angel (Immortal City, #2)
  • Solange die Nachtigall singt
  • Alexander's Army (Unicorne Files, #2)
  • Sorceress (Spellcaster, #3)

Talon (5 books)