Start by marking “Seeing Love” as Want to Read:
Seeing Love

Seeing Love

Kay can see. Barney can't. Which is why Barney's brother hired a scrawny street kid to help his brother out. That and to get Kay off the street. Who would have ever thought an older, distinguished guy like Barney could fall for him? Not Barney's business associates or Barney's ex. Kay has a pretty hard time believing it himself, even if he loves Barney with all he has. Can ...more
Published August 5th 2015 by Sean Michael (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Seeing Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeing Love

Mandy*reads obsessively*
The idea and set up was exactly my kind of book, ex-rent boy and a lonely, grumpy, blind older man. ( almost 30 year age difference)
Unfortunately, the blurb was far more articulate and interesting than the actual book, almost no complete sentences, more..oh Kay-love, yes Barney, never..no.never..
About 150 pages on my ereader ( yes, I need larger print) and 100 times the word love is mentioned.
The ex that is mentioned, took up about a page, maybe, and really? Kay just left?
I know almost nothing o
Phetra Novak
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A typical Sean Michael book entails great developed characters, a great story most often than not loaded with angst and deep intensity between the two leading men and loads of steamy sex.

I consider it an extreme talent when you can erotica and not lose the ability to tell a great story. This one of the main reasons why Sean Michael is one of my favorite authors.

In this book you have Barney the well educated, sophisticated to a degree man who's blind. In comes this street kid Kay, who is the qu
Christy Stewart
The story portion (what little of it there is) is sweet but too eye rollingly cheesy. This wouldn't pass as a good ooc fanfic.
Lorraine
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gentle and sweet, no real angst.

Like a few others by this author, the reader is left wanting a little more setting up the book and certainly a longer story, but what there was, was easy to read. The characters were accessible and likeable and you could feel the strength of feeling between them
Elisa Rolle
Kay is an hustler young, skinny and gentle. He is 19 years old and has not special gift: not beautiful, not clever but with a gentle soul. So a social worker thinks to offer him a works with his brother: a 50 years old blind businessman who needs someone who reads for him and sometimes takes him out.

After a year living with Barn, Kay is in paradise. Barn is loving and caring, he makes him feel special. And Kay now wants something more, wants also the love of Barn. But he doesn't dare to ask, cau
Dee

As is typical with most short stories, this is a quick read, without a lot of plot or character development. I’d love to say the relationship between Barney and Kay was engaging, but unfortunately for the most part it came across as awkward, embarrassing even. I guess that could be attributed to the age gap of 30 years between them, not to mention the fact the characters’ voices grated on my nerves. The dialogue was choppy and again, awkward.

I’m not normally bothered by characters’ name
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My issue with this book is more an issue with the author's writing style than with the book itself. If you generally like Sean Michael's books, you'll probably like this one. I haven't read any Sean Michael books in a long time because I honestly, have a hard time following her books. She's a very ethereal author and I'm a very practical person so we just don't mesh. I always feel like I'm missing so much with her books.
Ann
Hmmmmm, something is missing from this story. Basically the entire set up. I feel like I was dropped in about 2/3 of the way into a potentially awesome story just so I could read about Kay and Barn bumping. Not that I have a problem with that, but the strength from the blurb came from the setup of their relationship but what you read in the blurb is what you get, nothing more. Incomplete needy sentences of lust can only go so far and then I need some actual story to get behind the characters.
Holly
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An odd book.

It felt like we got the middle of the story but not the start or the end. I would have like to have read about the start of their relationship. A sweet HFN, but too many unresolved differences to believe a HEA was on the cards.
Maggie
Jul 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 2.5-3
~SexyBookWorm~
Not terrible. Predictable. Kay had an amazingly annoying speech pattern that was difficult to read. It always makes me cringe a little when MCs say "I love you" every 5 lines...
Cee Brown
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet short May-December romance that touched a part of me.
Where these guys made for one another or what?
Katy Beth Mckee
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kay has given Barney the support he need and Barney has given Kay his love. Each healing in different ways.
V
Jul 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Loved this story, very sweet indeed, but... 30 years difference between the 2 main characters?? come on, that is really too much.
Robin
Apr 04, 2013
Henry
Feb 21, 2014
Samuel
rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2013
Apr 28, 2013
Kat
Oct 19, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more