Start by marking “Blue Moon (The Crucible)” as Want to Read:
Blue Moon (The Crucible)

Blue Moon

(The Crucible #1)

When betrayed by his Alpha, Cade Hodgins takes the role in leading the Arkin City pack and begins his search for those responsible for his father’s death. Information is hard to come by however—until a stray lupine wanders into his territory.

But Ashley Passmore is no ordinary stray. She’s a newborn wolf, turned from being a human with no prior knowledge that lu
ebook, Smashwords Edition
Published August 6th 2015 by Angela Colsin (first published February 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Moon

Start your review of Blue Moon (The Crucible)
Karen
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and I sort of went into it expecting it to be a bit more "fluff" than it was. I liked Cade and Ashley, liked that they had a few issues to work out, Cade had to deal with his dad's death and Ashley just coping with becoming a wolf. I think it also was refreshing that they weren't irresistibly attached by page 2 and though it still had that PNR feel it wasn't overdone. I would recommend this book to others.

I would also like to thank the author for providing
Debra
A solid 3.75 stars.

Blue Moon is the first book in The Crucible Series by Angela Colsin. This is the first time I have read this independent author.

A few chapters into this book, I thought that this would be simply a quick, easy, light read. I enjoy those books every so often as a change of pace from some of what I read. However, I was glad to see this book has more to it than that. It was a quick read, but enjoyable. Cade has some issues to work through dealing with the
Chelsi Tauscher
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angela contacted me on my review Facebook page to ask if I would be interested in reading/reviewing this book. Once she told me what it was about I was worried. I haven't read a book of the supernatural genre since twilight and I wasn't sure it'd be my cup tea. I am so glad she reached out to me.
This book had me interested from page one. The story line was good and it was suspenseful, entertaining, and believable. I loved this book! And can't wait to see what's next for Cade and Ashley!!
Becca
*Also this book has some super sexy sex scenes, (im all about alliteration baby!) anyways so if you are too young stop it and if you don’t like sex in your books, well there is sex in here sorry. but you can always skip if you want, i think you would be missing out on a pretty good read just cause you don’t like sex, and like i said skip it if you don’t like it but is still interested in reading this. just saying***

Kay so I have to give a 3.75? I suppose. out of 5.

Alright
Kelly  - Kelly's Book Blog
Blue Moon by Angela Colsin (Book Review)

Copy provided for an honest review.

5 of 5 – New Favorite!

Cade is the new Alpha of a local area pack after his father’s tragic passing. He must take on the family business, support his family, keep his pack members in line and now deal with a newly turned female whom was turned against her will to be a part of an underground “wolf fighting” ring. Cade has many responsibilities and now with Ashley in the picture; he must keep his pa
Dawn West

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

Howl!

This book was a hoot! Or should I say, a howl? *snicker*

Ashley is looking for a change. Of scenery, that is. But during a long drive south, she crashes her car and is attacked by a large strange wolf. Then, she gets a change that she wasn't looking for. The kind where her entire body shifts into a different species. You guessed it... a wolf.

Cade is still tryi
Yvonne Davies
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
Cade has just seen his dad murdered by the Alpha of his pack. Now it’s up to him to keep the pack together and find out who is involved in turned humans into werewolves for illegal fighting.
Ashley wants to have a better life away from her father, what she didn’t plan was to be attacked and turned, managing to escape she comes across Leo, a werewolf who knows she needs help and offers her help from his pack.
Cade is your typical Alpha male, brooding over the death of his father, blaming him
Michelle
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A highly enjoyable read. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this story was it's characters, not even just the leads, Cade and Ashley. Side/supporting characters were all very colorful, fleshed out, and likable while the couple leading the story definitely made for a lovely romance. Ashley was a sweet, but also very strong heroine and the development of her relationship with Cade, as well as her adapting to the supernatural changes in her life, played out in a wonderful way. (Though if there wa ...more
Rebecca
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished your book, 5 stars. EXCELLENT page turner. A story filled with love, pain, betrayal and loyalty. The sex scenes were excellent and not smutty, THANK YOU. Is there another story... they still have to go after the rest of the rogue packs (I seriously doubt that Paul and Johnny were the only ones). I just got light of dawn (Ulric's story), can't wait to read it. thank you thank you thank you
Suszet Roberts
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started off with a bang and just had me turning the page to see what happens. Ashley is turned against her will and is tortured, but due to a turn of luck she finds Leo who is kindhearted and introduces her to Cade the alpha. I loved how the author portrayed the naive side as Ashley asked some questions that I found hilarious. Loved this book
megan wykle
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good paranormal story. Good storyline and plot with well written characters. I can't wait to read more.
I voluntarily reviewed this book and was not compensated in any way.
Andrea Heltsley
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
Really enjoyed. Cute read. Looking forward to the next book.
Nicole
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Check out my review on my blog: http://whatabookwants.com/2016/04/05/...
Emily
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shifter fans
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Good
Lilly Charysma
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[Review originally posted on The Romance Reviews - http://www.theromancereviews.com/Lilly ]

The Crucible series starts off quite well, I must say. A book full of action that keep you hanging, BLUE MOON is also a story about acceptance and healing. Our main characters, Cade and Ashley, meet at a perfect timing.

Ashley has been unwillingly created as a lupine, while Cade still deals with his father's murder and his new position as Alpha. Cade's father's killer is one of the guys that held Ashley prisoner and forced her to f
Victoria B
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good paranormal read. This was the first book I have read from author Angela Colsin and enjoyed the refreshing take on shifters. The characters are well written and the story line flows nicely. There is plenty of action and some suspense to keep you page turning wanting to know what happens next. Over all well worth the read and would recommend this book to any paranormal/shifter fan.
Fleur
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
I really enjoyed the story line and characters as well as the few twists in it especially at the end. Looking forward to reading more in the series.
Kay
Nov 30, 2014
Nicole Hughes
Apr 13, 2014
Jenni Bishop
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ashley Passmore is on her way to a better life away from a father who doesn't care. Finding herself lost in the sticks she is attacked and held hostage by those she doesn't know. Ashley finds herself free and runs for her life when she comes across a kind stranger.

Cade Hodgins has taken on the role of Alpha of the Arkin City pack after his father's death by the hands of the previous Alpha. He swears he will track down and find those responsible and make them pay. Cade finds himself l
Jillian Ridall
Feb 15, 2015
A.M.
It starts with pages of infodump, with people we don’t know, and the death of a character to provide emotional pain for the hero. [Fridged his father, the alpha.] Readers don’t know the world or the canon or any of these characters, so it has no meaning and no resonance.
Many lupines became ill and died when they lost their mate. Would Cade have to endure loosing his mother too? (p. 14).

*losing - editors; worth the money.
Then pov shifts to a girl who is bitten by a wolf after a car crash./>Many
Cathy
Nov 05, 2013
Dawn
Jan 08, 2016
Sydney Moore
rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2014
LornaDee Thompson
Dec 02, 2016
Jessica
Nov 17, 2013
Angela Colsin is an indie author who loves the fantasy, paranormal and sci-fi genres, and considers herself a sucker for romance. Born and raised in the southern US where she now resides, writing has been a passion since a very young age. If she's not writing and plotting out stories, she's either playing video games with friends, or reading.

The Crucible (7 books)
  • Light of Dawn (The Crucible Series Book 2)
  • Strange Brew (The Crucible Series Book 3)
  • Fallen Hearts (The Crucible Series Book 4)
  • The Final Calling (The Crucible Series Book 5)
  • Hunter's Moon (The Crucible Series Book 6)
  • Fated Fortunes (The Crucible Series Book 7)