Start by marking “Roped In (Armed & Dangerous, #2)” as Want to Read:
Roped In (Armed & Dangerous, #2)

Roped In (Armed & Dangerous #2)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  1,137 Ratings  ·  216 Reviews

Who says a wild heart can’t be tamed?

For years, I lived for the job and let it control me. Violence was all I knew. I protected, killed, and served. My name is Blake Evans, one of the best undercover cops in the country. I thought I was about to live a quiet life on my ranch in Wyoming until an old friend showed up and changed everything. He brought me
Paperback, 1
Published October 19th 2015 by Books by L.P. Dover LLC (first published October 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Roped In, please sign up.

L.P. Dover The original date is the 19th, but it's already available on some retailers now. I decided to upload it early. :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Roped In is book two in the Armed & Dangerous series by L.P. Dover. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley, Red Coat PR and by L.P. Dover.

This is my first ever book by L.P. Dover and I will be definitely interested to read other work of hers. Most know I have a thing for sexy cowboys and that is the first thing that drew me to this book, the cover. This book is full of twists and turns and I would classify it as romantic suspense.

The Mall of Faith | The Mall of Faith:

Hadley Rivers i
Sep 03, 2016 XxTainaxX rated it really liked it
Audiobook review. Blake and Hadley were very entertaining. Blake actually starts off by being a judgmental prick when they meet. He gives her a real hard time because of some assumptions he's made. When she finally has had enough, he realizes he was wrong. I loved their chemistry. Their interactions had sweet and funny undertones that made the love believable. The plot was full of some outrageous elements but somehow, I wasn't turned off. There was always just enough to keep me grounded and focu ...more
Oct 23, 2015 Samantha rated it liked it
Sometimes life becomes a mess just for your to find what you actually need instead of settling for what you think you like. Hadley is a rising country singer that is dating a rising star hockey player, at least for show, while dealing with a deadly stalker. Eventually the situation gets out of control and she's shipped off to hide at Blake's Wyoming ranch.

Blake didn't want to take the job and is nothing but a surly jerk the moment he meets Hadley. He can't help but notice how gorgeous she is bu
Dec 04, 2015 Vasiliki rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

***ARC kindly provided by Red Coat PR and Netgalley for the exchange of an honest review***

The story was about a country singer who is being stalked. The plot was good and the storyline captured my attention. The book is written by a dual POV and it is nicely done as well. However I couldn’t feel the book or the connection among the heroes. I don’t want to give any spoilers away but I cannot understand how you ask to give a try to a relationship and to the feelings you have for each o
This book…There were definitely good parts for me and bad.

Starting from the beginning of the story, I absolutely loved Hadley with Nick. I loved everything about them…except that they weren’t real. I totally fell for him and wanted them to become a real couple. I could actually feel the chemistry between them leap off of my kindle.

The suspense storyline started off with a bang…literally. Even though I had just met the characters, it was very distressing to see what happened to Nick and Hadley’

I really liked this book! At first, I wasn't really a big fan of Blake. He seemed like an ass and he wasn't very nice to Hadley but he ended up being one of those jerks you love. This story is really suspenseful, it grabs your attention on the first page and there were twists and turns I wasn't expecting. I really loved the connection between Blake and Hadley. There was a lot of sexual tension but they had a very sweet romance. Plus, the sexy scenes were super hot! I really liked this book a
Oct 18, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

First time I've read this author, and I loved it. I didn't even know this was a series. Not lost at all by starting out with the second book cause no one from the first was talked about.

Great story with an amazing hero and a talented heroine. There was lots of adventure, intrigue, hot sex, and fabulous friends/colleagues. I never saw him as the bad guy. I mean never. Nice epilogue to finish it off.

Hadley is a country star with a stalker. She has a 'boyfriend', who I totally took to right away- and really, overall, fell in love with and felt a connection to. She ends up in a situation that puts her in the hands of Blake, the guy who will 'protect' her until all is well and that ends well. The problem? Blake. He has preconceived notions about Hadley and lets just say they don't start off on the right foot.

Roped In was a mixed bag for me. While there were parts I liked, there were parts I ha
Oct 24, 2015 Tarsha rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-arc-books
***ARC provided through NetGalley for an honest review***

This was a good book. Although this is the second book in the series, it a standalone. Roped In has action, suspense, murder, kidnapping, romance and betrayal. This book wasn't my favorite, but I did enjoy reading it. Hadley and Blake were cute together once Blake stop judging her for being a Hollywood star. Hadley was actually down to earth and a pretty likable character. Blake was a hot possessive alpha male. All in all this story got 3
This is a difficult review to write. I found the first half of this book to be amazing! The beginning was thrilling and suspenseful. I really liked the way the storyline of the stalker played out.

To be perfectly honest, I thought that Blake was kind of an ass in the first few chapters. I didn’t understand why he was being so mean to Hadley when he had just met her. It wasn’t at all professional nor was it considerate since someone very close to her had just been killed. Nonetheless, he eventuall
Becca Reads A Lot
Oct 21, 2015 Becca Reads A Lot rated it liked it
A friend & I buddy read this. These are our thoughts.

A review in two parts:

To 65(ish)%:

Awesome. Clever, non-cliché, funny and engaging. Likeable characters, to whom you almost instantly form an attachment, making the edge-of-your-seat set-up for Hadley and Blake's 'meet-cute' all the more heart-pounding.

Hot chemistry between the two leads, even as they needle each other makes the capitulation into sex, then a relationship all sweeter. Then...

From 65(ish)% onward:

Messy, melodramatic and
Robin Gardner
I'm not sure what's happening here, but it seems to be getting worse. Good authors are writing seemingly rushed novels. Glossed-over details, familiar plots, insta-love after one night together, stilted dialogue... If the second half wasn't better than the first, the rating would be much lower.

I'm also unsure of why authors feel the need to make male leads act like almost irredeemable assholes. Blake fit the asshole category, and I'm not sure he really redeemed himself by the end.

What organiza
Oct 26, 2015 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, read-in-2015
Roped In is a hot and sexy romance that is full of suspense!

Hadley Rivers is a country star and seems to be living the life. She’s “dating” Nick (famous hockey player) and touring the country. Thing is Nick is just her friend and their romance is just for show to help keep a deadly stalker away. When things go horribly wrong Hadley is sent into protective custody in Wyoming. Blake turned down the job of protecting Hadley, so he was not happy when Logan showed up at his house with Hadley with him
Cheney Stropus
Nov 04, 2015 Cheney Stropus rated it did not like it
Total DNF!! I am so disappointed I don't know what to say! I've read other books by this author and have loved them! This one though, was just not good. I didn't care about Hadley, she seemed weak and whiny and scared, and Blake was such an ass! There are asses that are asses because they are hot and sexy and you're into that, and then there are just asses and he was just an ass. I wanted to like him so much because, come on, he's a cowboy! And a trained killer! Sexy combination! Or at least it ...more
Jelena Bosh
Oct 22, 2015 Jelena Bosh rated it it was amazing
Where are more of those cowboys at?? I need a personal trainer to ride a uhm horse..

Just what I needed. A breath of fresh air.. I was so eager to delve into this one because it's been a while since I've read a cowboy type book. And now, after ROPED IN? I can see how much I have missed those country boys and their sexiness..

Blake isn't just another country boy though. He moved to the farm lifestyle but grew up in the city, where he was part of the protective services. That combination alone just
Darlene Avery
Oct 17, 2015 Darlene Avery rated it it was amazing
ARC Review

Roped In by L.P. Dover

Roped In is one of those books that will completely grab your attention from the beginning and not let you go.

When you first start Roped In, you think it will be a light easy going read, but it ends up being so much more.

L.P. Dover does an excellent job of weaving a complex storyline into what you think is going to be a cut and dry conclusion. Just when you think you have it figured out, she completely throws you.

Roped In focuses on the young country star Hadl
Oct 16, 2015 Jos rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars Simply Beautiful

I was graciously given an ARC of this book and what a great story it was. I can't say that I am surprised because L.P. Dover writes some of the most beautiful, sexy, amazing stories and so this is just another example of her polished writing skills.......simply beautiful!

I just love when I read a story where I love BOTH the H and the h and yep, these two were super sexy, super sweet, and just super great together! This is not a real love triangle but does border on the
Nov 05, 2015 Katiria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads

All I can said is this book is absolutely amazing. This is the first time I read a L.P. Dover book, even though I have all her fae books. When I first read the synopsis of her fae books I know that I was going to really loved them, but unfortunately I haven't read them yet! But that's all going to change because I absolutely love and enjoy R
Oct 16, 2015 Jill rated it it was amazing

Perfect Suspense Story That Ropes You Right In!

** Blake Evans no longer works as an undercover agent, but still does missions for friends when asked. This leads him to protecting singer Hadley Rivers from a stalker who's violence is escalating.

Blake learns things aren't always what them seem. Both in regards to Hadley's situation, and Hadley herself. Blake is determined to protect Hadley, but he questions if he'll be able to protect himself from wanting what he knows he can't have. **

Roped In is
Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books
Boy do I love a Cowboy! This story had everything I love in a book and I devoured it! I couldn’t put it down and was sucked into the story.
Blake and Hadley were two strong willed characters that couldn’t have been any different but they worked. The fun banter between them was exciting to read and the way they fell in love was enjoyable.
Blake is one of the best undercover cops in the US. Taking a break, he moved his grandfather’s horse ranch. We never found out why he took a step back with his
Jessica Mcbee
Oct 21, 2015 Jessica Mcbee rated it liked it
I was given a copy of Roped In in exchange for an honest review.

Roped In is about a super star singer Hadley Rivers. With all the fame comes the crazies… And Hadley had fallen into the category with a stage 4 clinger stalker. After a stellar performance Hadley comes home with her “boyfriend” to a home invasion of sorts. Hadley’s stalker was in the house and during the confrontation Hadley’s bodyguard and “boyfriend” was shot. Like any over protective father Hadley’s dad sent her to protective cu
Oct 21, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of L.P.'s. I've read most of her books, and there isn't one of them I don't love.

This one is definitely no exception. Blake Evans is my new favorite character of hers. Sexy undercover cop, hardworking rancher, and he has a way with animals. He's cocky, surly, but once you get past that, he's fiercely loyal and protective. What's not to love?

Hadly Rivers is a superstar country singer. She's got legions of fans, an over protective father, and hit after hit on the
Paige Turner
Oct 26, 2015 Paige Turner rated it really liked it
Just shy of 5 stars.
Loved it!

The author does a good job on this suspense- romance novel. It held the right amount of both for me. They ending was a bit over the top but didn't ruin the overall enjoyment of the book.

Blake and Hadley were well suited for each other. I liked both characters. Blake was strong and no nonsense and Hadley is America's singing sweetheart.
I felt a thought real connection between the pair while reading their story.

The other characters were there to enhance the book. I
Nov 08, 2015 Faith89 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Copy courtesy of Netgalley
I was pulled into this story from page one. There is a lot of action and a hot romance. Blake and Hadley are two strong characters. He is an undercover cop who takes on dangerous missions. She is a top selling country music star stalked by a dangerous fan. When Blake is charged with "babysitting" Hadley, it is mutual dislike the quickly turns into attraction. Just when you think you have everything figured out, the action takes you in another direction. Plenty of fun ro
Wow! I have literally just finished reading this book and I have to say I’m in love with the story. I had high expectations before I even opened the book as it seemed to be popping up everywhere and I’m so glad I wasn’t disappointed. It is worth the 5* and more.

Hadley is a country singer with the high profile life which also comes with the negative side of being desirable. She tries to keep the press and stalkers at bay by fake dating a close friend Nick, a hockey player. Unfortunately it is not
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Nov 01, 2015 Tracy Lundy-Munn rated it it was amazing
Roped In is the second book in the Armed & Dangerous series by L.P. Dover. I absolutely adored this book and I'm a huge fan of this author. The storyline was amazing with tons of twists and turns that had my hooked from beginning to end. The characters were well developed and had depth, emotion and a ton of chemistry. Loving this series and can't wait for Logan's book next.
Heather andrews
Oct 19, 2015 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Blake is a man's man, "grabbing me by the hips, he pulled me onto his lap and took the camera. “You better not tell anyone I took a effing selfie.” Blake was just sexy, and sweet, “don’t start something you can’t finish, princess.” He growled and grasped my hand, pushing it over the bulge growing rapidly under his jeans." I loved this book, Blake was my man.
Jan 08, 2016 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: cowboys
I started reading this with quite high expectations. It's been a while since I have chosen a 'cowboy' book. Unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. It was decently written but I never really connected to the characters the way I'm supposed to. It was an easy read but not one I would pick up again for a second time.
Another fantastic L.P Dover story!! From the very beginning I was hooked, and ended up reading it from start to finish in under 3 hours. The story itself was really enjoyable, and I had no idea who the stalker was, until they were revealed. As for Blake and Hadley, I loved them both individually and as a couple and it was great to be introduced to new characters as well as read however brief about old ones.

Overall I would definitely recommend this story, (which can be read as a standalone) and c
Oct 15, 2015 K3 rated it really liked it
  • Blushing (The Brightside, #2)
  • Lucky Kiss (Hope Falls Book 12)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Fatal Obsession (Harden, #1)
  • The Three-Week Arrangement (Chase Brothers, #3)
  • What Matters Most (The Billionaire Bargains, #2)
  • Finder Fees (TroubleMaker, #4)
  • Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male, #2)
  • Killian (The Sons of Dusty Walker #3)
  • Jackson (The Sons of Dusty Walker, #2)
  • Dirty Little Rendezvous (The Burke Brothers, #5)
  • Exquisite Betrayal
  • Rogue (The Sons of Dusty Walker, #4)
  • A Leap of Faith (Lexi, #2)
  • His Contract (Legally Bound, #1)
  • Justice Inked (Cowboy Justice Association, #7)
  • Coming To Colorado (Colorado Heart Book 4)
  • Extremely Famous (Famous, #3)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, L.P. Dover, is a southern belle residing in North Carolina along with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she even began her literary journey she worked in Periodontics enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.

Not only does she love to write, but she loves to play tennis, go on mountain hikes, white water rafting, and you can’t forget th
More about L.P. Dover...

Armed & Dangerous (3 books)
  • No Limit (Armed & Dangerous, #1)
  • High-Sided (Armed & Dangerous, #3)