Start by marking “Roped In (Armed & Dangerous, #2)” as Want to Read:
Roped In (Armed & Dangerous, #2)

Roped In

(Armed & Dangerous #2)

**STANDALONE NOVEL**

Who says a wild heart can’t be tamed?

For years, I lived for the job and let it control me. Violence was all I knew. I protected, killed, and served. My name is Blake Evans, one of the best undercover cops in the country. I thought I was about to live a quiet life on my ranch in Wyoming until an old friend showed up and changed everything. He brought me
Paperback, 1
Published October 19th 2015 by Books by L.P. Dover LLC (first published October 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Roped In, please sign up.
L.P. Dover The original date is the 19th, but it's already available on some retailers now. I decided to upload it early. :)

Start your review of Roped In (Armed & Dangerous, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Roped In is book two in the Armed & Dangerous series by L.P. Dover. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley, Red Coat PR and by L.P. Dover.

This is my first ever book by L.P. Dover and I will be definitely interested to read other work of hers. Most know I have a thing for sexy cowboys and that is the first thing that drew me to this book, the cover. This book is full of twists and turns and I would classify it as romantic suspense.

The Mall of Faith | The Mall of Faith:

Hadley Rivers
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review. Blake and Hadley were very entertaining. Blake actually starts off by being a judgmental prick when they meet. He gives her a real hard time because of some assumptions he's made. When she finally has had enough, he realizes he was wrong. I loved their chemistry. Their interactions had sweet and funny undertones that made the love believable. The plot was full of some outrageous elements but somehow, I wasn't turned off. There was always just enough to keep me grounded and ...more
Samantha
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Sometimes life becomes a mess just for your to find what you actually need instead of settling for what you think you like. Hadley is a rising country singer that is dating a rising star hockey player, at least for show, while dealing with a deadly stalker. Eventually the situation gets out of control and she's shipped off to hide at Blake's Wyoming ranch.

Blake didn't want to take the job and is nothing but a surly jerk the moment he meets Hadley. He can't help but notice how gorgeous she is
Lindsay
This book…There were definitely good parts for me and bad.

Starting from the beginning of the story, I absolutely loved Hadley with Nick. I loved everything about them…except that they weren’t real. I totally fell for him and wanted them to become a real couple. I could actually feel the chemistry between them leap off of my kindle.

The suspense storyline started off with a bang…literally. Even though I had just met the characters, it was very distressing to see what happened to Nick and Hadley’
Vasiliki
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

***ARC kindly provided by Red Coat PR and Netgalley for the exchange of an honest review***

The story was about a country singer who is being stalked. The plot was good and the storyline captured my attention. The book is written by a dual POV and it is nicely done as well. However I couldn’t feel the book or the connection among the heroes. I don’t want to give any spoilers away but I cannot understand how you ask to give a try to a relationship and to the feelings you have for each
Mandy
4.5

I really liked this book! At first, I wasn't really a big fan of Blake. He seemed like an ass and he wasn't very nice to Hadley but he ended up being one of those jerks you love. This story is really suspenseful, it grabs your attention on the first page and there were twists and turns I wasn't expecting. I really loved the connection between Blake and Hadley. There was a lot of sexual tension but they had a very sweet romance. Plus, the sexy scenes were super hot! I really liked this book a
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

First time I've read this author, and I loved it. I didn't even know this was a series. Not lost at all by starting out with the second book cause no one from the first was talked about.

Great story with an amazing hero and a talented heroine. There was lots of adventure, intrigue, hot sex, and fabulous friends/colleagues. I never saw him as the bad guy. I mean never. Nice epilogue to finish it off.
Jenn
description

Hadley is a country star with a stalker. She has a 'boyfriend', who I totally took to right away- and really, overall, fell in love with and felt a connection to. She ends up in a situation that puts her in the hands of Blake, the guy who will 'protect' her until all is well and that ends well. The problem? Blake. He has preconceived notions about Hadley and lets just say they don't start off on the right foot.

Roped In was a mixed bag for me. While there were parts I liked, there were parts I
Tarsha
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-arc-books
***ARC provided through NetGalley for an honest review***

This was a good book. Although this is the second book in the series, it a standalone. Roped In has action, suspense, murder, kidnapping, romance and betrayal. This book wasn't my favorite, but I did enjoy reading it. Hadley and Blake were cute together once Blake stop judging her for being a Hollywood star. Hadley was actually down to earth and a pretty likable character. Blake was a hot possessive alpha male. All in all this story got 3
Cheney Stropus
Oct 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Total DNF!! I am so disappointed I don't know what to say! I've read other books by this author and have loved them! This one though, was just not good. I didn't care about Hadley, she seemed weak and whiny and scared, and Blake was such an ass! There are asses that are asses because they are hot and sexy and you're into that, and then there are just asses and he was just an ass. I wanted to like him so much because, come on, he's a cowboy! And a trained killer! Sexy combination! Or at least it ...more
Coco.V
Oct 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/11/2019)! ...more
Diane Call
Rating: R for sex, language, and violence
Sex: multiple scenes
Language: 154 F words, 31 Lord's name in vain, 79 S words
Violence: gunshots, blood, home invasion, fist fights, drugging, kidnapping, attempted murder, torture, murder, arson, car crash
HEA or Cliffhanger: HEA
Do I need to read books before this one: no
Would I read more of the series: no

This book dragged until about 65%. The author didn't create these characters well enough in her head for their actions to make sense, so the majority
Katiria
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
****I RECEIEVED THIS BOOK BY INDIESAGE PR IN EXCHANGED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THANK YOU TOO INDIESAGE PR FOR THE OPPERTUNITY TO READ AND REVIEW ROPED IN. ****

All I can said is this book is absolutely amazing. This is the first time I read a L.P. Dover book, even though I have all her fae books. When I first read the synopsis of her fae books I know that I was going to really loved them, but unfortunately I haven't read them yet! But that's all going to change because I absolutely love and enjoy
Jelena Bosh
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where are more of those cowboys at?? I need a personal trainer to ride a uhm horse..

Just what I needed. A breath of fresh air.. I was so eager to delve into this one because it's been a while since I've read a cowboy type book. And now, after ROPED IN? I can see how much I have missed those country boys and their sexiness..

Blake isn't just another country boy though. He moved to the farm lifestyle but grew up in the city, where he was part of the protective services. That combination alone just
Chrissy
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015, series
Roped In is a hot and sexy romance that is full of suspense!

Hadley Rivers is a country star and seems to be living the life. She’s “dating” Nick (famous hockey player) and touring the country. Thing is Nick is just her friend and their romance is just for show to help keep a deadly stalker away. When things go horribly wrong Hadley is sent into protective custody in Wyoming. Blake turned down the job of protecting Hadley, so he was not happy when Logan showed up at his house with Hadley with
Jos
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars Simply Beautiful

I was graciously given an ARC of this book and what a great story it was. I can't say that I am surprised because L.P. Dover writes some of the most beautiful, sexy, amazing stories and so this is just another example of her polished writing skills.......simply beautiful!

I just love when I read a story where I love BOTH the H and the h and yep, these two were super sexy, super sweet, and just super great together! This is not a real love triangle but does border on the
A little birdie told me...
I'm not sure what's happening here, but it seems to be getting worse. Good authors are writing seemingly rushed novels. Glossed-over details, familiar plots, insta-love after one night together, stilted dialogue... If the second half wasn't better than the first, the rating would be much lower.

I'm also unsure of why authors feel the need to make male leads act like almost irredeemable assholes. Blake fit the asshole category, and I'm not sure he really redeemed himself by the end.

What
Becca Reads A Lot
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5
A friend & I buddy read this. These are our thoughts.

A review in two parts:

To 65(ish)%:

Awesome. Clever, non-cliché, funny and engaging. Likeable characters, to whom you almost instantly form an attachment, making the edge-of-your-seat set-up for Hadley and Blake's 'meet-cute' all the more heart-pounding.

Hot chemistry between the two leads, even as they needle each other makes the capitulation into sex, then a relationship all sweeter. Then...

From 65(ish)% onward:

Messy, melodramatic and
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
3.5
Heat: 2.5
POV: Dual
Theme/Tropes: cowboys, rockstars, stalkers
My thoughts; Ok, Roped In started off not as interesting to me. Rockstar with a stalker. Not that original. Has to hide out with a bad ass cop/cowboy. Yep, read that one too. And by about 50% in, I was just not feeling it. I didn't really like the relationship between Blake and Hadley. It just didn't feel real to me. I felt like they weren't developed enough for me to believe their relationship was real. Then, the book took a turn I
Pamela Lilley
3.5 sexy cowboy stars
A cowboy and a bodyguard all wrapped up in one sexy as all hell package, that’s Blake Evans. Tasked with protecting country music singer Hadley Rivers, and he’s not too happy about it. Hate soon turns into something more and a friendship ensues, Blake refusing to let them have anything more, no matter the chemistry between them. A few twists and turns, and yep, we get the sexy time too. An enjoyable story with a little action, intrigue and romance.

Beth
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did listen to this on Audible ... what a great listen. i see these ...this series are standalones. i am new to this series ... i see they are standalones. so no worries if u r reading them out of order!! great cover!! such a fun listen. great characters ... will look more into this series ... i think this might be my 2nd or 3rd read from L.P. Dover.
June Rodgers
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by L. I Dover

I really liked this book and can't wait to read more of this series. I P writes stories that capture your interest and her characters are believable and easy to like.
Ellen Anderson
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roped In

Really enjoyed this one. Somewhat different than what I am used to reading from L.P. Dover, yet just as enthralling. Both Blake and Hadley were strong characters. I would definitely recommend this.
K.C. Riley-Gyer
Oct 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Good but...

Yeah, that doesn’t match the one star rating, does it? A good story, I liked the characters but the use of the ‘c’ word lost all the stars. Everyone has something that kills a story for them no matter how good it is. For me, the ‘c’ word is that killer.
Mindy
Jul 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF 42%
Chantal
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just when I think L.P. can not surprise me, she does with this amazing second book of Armed and Dangerous series! This book is about a sexy cowboy and a country singer! Key to my heart is country music and nothing is wrong with an all alpha cowboy in the mix either. She took a character she incorporated from the first book, No Limit, and gave him his own book. I love when authors use characters from other books. They all tie together and it's amazing!

Blake Evans is undercover cop who recently
Jessica Mcbee
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of Roped In in exchange for an honest review.

Roped In is about a super star singer Hadley Rivers. With all the fame comes the crazies… And Hadley had fallen into the category with a stage 4 clinger stalker. After a stellar performance Hadley comes home with her “boyfriend” to a home invasion of sorts. Hadley’s stalker was in the house and during the confrontation Hadley’s bodyguard and “boyfriend” was shot. Like any over protective father Hadley’s dad sent her to protective
Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books
Boy do I love a Cowboy! This story had everything I love in a book and I devoured it! I couldn’t put it down and was sucked into the story.
Blake and Hadley were two strong willed characters that couldn’t have been any different but they worked. The fun banter between them was exciting to read and the way they fell in love was enjoyable.
Blake is one of the best undercover cops in the US. Taking a break, he moved his grandfather’s horse ranch. We never found out why he took a step back with his
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of L.P.'s. I've read most of her books, and there isn't one of them I don't love.

This one is definitely no exception. Blake Evans is my new favorite character of hers. Sexy undercover cop, hardworking rancher, and he has a way with animals. He's cocky, surly, but once you get past that, he's fiercely loyal and protective. What's not to love?

Hadly Rivers is a superstar country singer. She's got legions of fans, an over protective father, and hit after hit on the
Darlene Avery
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review

Roped In by L.P. Dover

Roped In is one of those books that will completely grab your attention from the beginning and not let you go.

When you first start Roped In, you think it will be a light easy going read, but it ends up being so much more.

L.P. Dover does an excellent job of weaving a complex storyline into what you think is going to be a cut and dry conclusion. Just when you think you have it figured out, she completely throws you.

Roped In focuses on the young country star

• Her Guarded Hero (Black Dawn, #5)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • No Angel (Louisiana Lawmen Book 3)
  • The Protector: Mac (Cover Six Security, #1)
  • Survive the Night (24 Hours - Final Countdown Book 1)
  • Dangerously Taken (Aegis Group Lepta Team, #1)
  • Siren in the Wind (Mobile Intelligence Team, #1)
  • Protecting Rose
  • Testing Luke (Devereaux Billionaires, #3; Billionaires in the City, #6)
  • Worth the Risk (Alpha One, #1)
  • Doctor for Christmas (Marietta Medical, #3)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Bundle of Love (Long Valley, #4)
  • Ruthless Protector (Lawless Kings, #4)
  • The Lawman's Apache Moon
  • To Have and to Hold (The Vows Trilogy #1)
  • Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)
  • Larger Than Life (Smithson Group SG-5 #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author L. P. Dover is a southern belle living in North Carolina with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she began her literary journey she worked in periodontics, enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.

She loves to write, but she also loves to play golf, go on mountain hikes and white-water rafting, and has a passion for singing. Her two

Armed & Dangerous (4 books)
  • No Limit (Armed & Dangerous, #1)
  • High-Sided (Armed & Dangerous #3)
  • Hidden Betrayals (Armed & Dangerous, #4)