Start by marking “Magic Poetry: Illustrated Children's Verse for Ages 3-7” as Want to Read:
Magic Poetry: Illustrated Children's Verse for Ages 3-7

Magic Poetry: Illustrated Children's Verse for Ages 3-7

This collection of children’s poetry spans over a forty year period. Taking a break from serious writing, I remembered some of the songs and poems I wrote as a young teenager. I thought I’d share them here with you now. They may not be ‘classics’ by no means but I hope your children or grandchildren will find fun in reading them.

The one thing about poetry, I believe, is t
Published August 1st 2015 by Piaras O Cionnaoith

To ask other readers questions about Magic Poetry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Poetry

Stephanie Collins
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My name is Ellie and I'm 12. I loved these poems. Sometimes poetry can be hard to understand, but these were beautiful and easy to read. I liked how they made me feel like I had been transported to their magical world. I especially liked the poems about the fairies. I just felt so warm and happy and calm when I read them!
Elizabeth Mathis

The one thing about poetry, I believe, is that it’s everlasting. Words are beautiful and uplifting if they are used in the right way. I hope that by sharing this collec
K.L. Byles
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book of poetry for children! The rhymes are sweet and imaginative and the poems flow happily and gracefully. The descriptive imagery offers great opportunities to engage children with the world around them, from fairy filled forests to the toys in their rooms. A lovely book to pique a child’s imagination and fill their world with wonder.

The writer obviously has a great love and understanding of children. The poems are full of magical creatures, sounds, and colors that allow
Ben Jackson
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, children
Amazing! A beautiful collection of children’s verses and illustrations. I’m not going to lie, one of my personal favorites was ‘Laura the Leprechaun’ awesome! It’s good to see when an author and illustrator have worked closely together to come up with a book which reflects creativity and dedication. My daughter and I very much enjoyed reading through the different verses and accompanying illustrations! Beautiful!
Kate Korten
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just loved these poems! They are delightful and unpretentious with a musicality sure to engage both reader and child. Reading this book brought me back to the magic of my own childhood when unicorns, fairies and teddy bears were as real to me as my best friend.
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a rhyming poetry book for children. Children from ages 3 to 103. This wonderful book contains poetry children, no all, who read will enjoy. I know I did. The illustrations are cute and lively in front of each poem. The Poems are simple enough for the small yet unique enough for us no matter how old.
Some of the poems are: I am a Goblin. I am a Mermaid. I am a Pixie
Timmy the Elf. He was the smallest elf but became the most important.
Dali the Dragon She was alone in her cave by the sea, the
K.D. Carter
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got a free copy of this book on my Kindle, and liked it so much I requested a paperback copy for my granddaughter! She's an adorable 5-year-old, and I think she'll like the poems very much. They'll be easy for her to read, and she'll love the illustrations! I can't wait to give it to her!
Tower Lowe
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dali the Dragon lives alone by the sea…

…but not for long. She is joined by a family of small dragon children, beautifully pictured before the poem. This book of children’s poetry by Piaras ó Cionnaoíth is delightful and provided much entertainment and laughter for the visiting grandchildren of my best friend. We viewed it on my iPad and it was perfect – though a traditional paper copy would make a great gift. The five-year-old ran about the house creating rhymes and poetry about the cat for the
Pavel Krinitskiy
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful!

This is an amazing collection of poems you can read over and over to your kids as well as to yourself! The book is really wonderful and childlike. It is not the simplicity of the poems but the author’s magical way of showing the mind of a child. All the rhymes are inventive and funny with cute illustrations to go with them. The poems are about imaginary creatures and characters kids really love, like dragons, mermaids, unicorns, teddies, fairies, etc. My daughter makes me re
Judy Yogev
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a magical book any kid will enjoy, especially as a bedtime story book !
The beautiful mystical poems are all about good and kind creatures, like Dali the Dragon and Sherrie the fairy , who was afraid of cows, and all their little friends.
In a world of terror and violence it is good to know that there is a magical world our kids can visit just before closing their eyes at night.
Konnie King
Aug 26, 2015
Denna
Sep 27, 2016
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Sep 28, 2016 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Greeneyedskyy
Helen
May 24, 2019
Gene Gmail
Jun 09, 2019
Píaras Ó Cíonnaoíth is a poet and author who writes books for both children and adults. His positive and creative thinking, and his belief in the human spirit, make his books for children pleasant, interesting and exciting.

His books for teenagers and adults gives way to more serious thought on issues such as gender identity, counseling and emotional healing.

Píaras has a wide formal and informal ed