Start by marking “Flame Unleashed (Hell to Pay, #3)” as Want to Read:
Flame Unleashed (Hell to Pay, #3)

Flame Unleashed

(Hell to Pay #3)

When Civil War nurse Ruth Blackstone sacrificed her soul to save her husband’s life, he utterly betrayed her trust. Now, 150 years later, she’s still stuck killing depraved souls to feed her devil of a boss, Jerahmeel. She’s never been one for hair-brained schemes or sweet-talking flirts. That is, until she meets Cajun rogue Odie Pierre-Noir.

Odie has the research and the
Published September 14th 2015 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about Flame Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flame Unleashed

Start your review of Flame Unleashed (Hell to Pay, #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Flame Unleashed is the third and final book in the Hell To Pay trilogy by Jillian David. I have loved this series from the start and this last book was amazing. This book was generously provided to me by the author for an honest review.

We got to meet Ruth Blackstone in the previous book as our beloved Barnaby’s nurse. But we didn’t get to know her at all. She was always a quiet and prim and proper care giver. But that was only one part of what Ruth Blackstone was. Ruth is also an indebted. As yo
Toria
Jan 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feels like I'm giving all books 4 stars today, but been in a good reading flow! I haven't read the rest of the books in the series. Wasn't specified on my app so I just picked one. But I highly enjoyed the story anywho. Liked that the heroine was a supernatural as well and liked that badassness of the characters! Great deal of fun, will definitely read the rest of the series ...more
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.5 Is this the end? Stars

Well we have gone through 3 books now and I have to ask myself and Ms David if this is the end of the road for our Indebted.

If so, it is kinda depressing that we will have no more minions, the boss man and Barnaby.

Over the months, I have grown to know and love this family of Indebted and feel each time one of them needs to find his/her meaningful kill...I am cheering them on to figure out how to accomplish that.

We have gone through Peter and Dante...now it is Ruth's tu
Jonel
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Wow! What a conclusion to David’s latest series! She drew me in with her intriguing characters and kept me captive with the intricately crafted plot. Suspense, action, and the unknown fill the pages of this intriguing novel. She creates her world in an intricate manner, without losing the forward flow of the story. Each aspect of the world is so vibrant, even with the dark undertones of the tale.

David creates the type of characters that I could connect with. I enjoyed getting to know them. Thei
Dianne
Hard to imagine that Jerahmeel’s indebted ones are actually getting their souls back after decades of service to his evilness. During the Civil War when Ruth became indebted to him, it was to save her husband’s life, the very man who turned around and betrayed her, soul deep. Since that fateful day, she has been at the beck and call of the demon, feeding him with the evil of her cursed blade. Serious and very cautious, her heart has never healed and when a flirty Cajun rogue tries his sweet-talk ...more
Ruby Jo
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-august-2016
Review originally posted at Ruby's Books

*Disclaimer: Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review.

The last book in the Hell To Pay series was a pretty intense one, and definitely not how I pictured it would be. Actually the entire story was surprising and different than what I imagined at first.

You have Odie, an older Indebted, who, I'll be honest, wasn't my f
Lydia
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“There’s nothing I want more in this world than you in my life. Every day. I love you more than my own life!” – Odilon Pierre-Noir

The final book of the trilogy, and boy, what a finale! I'm still shocked at how good it was and how awesomely Mrs. David tied the whole thing up!

So, remember Nurse Ratched from Dante's book? Well, her name is Ruth Blackstone, and, you guessed it right, she's also an Indebted. Ruth is a little special apart from being a female cursed feeder for The Evil One - Jerahmeel
Romancing the Book
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Angela
Book provided by the publisher

This is the first book that I have read by Jillian David and I have to say it was a pleasant surprise.  Recently I have found myself shying away from paranormal stories but I was pulled right into this one.  The story leads in more like it is going to be a murder mystery and I think that is the part that grabbed my attention.

The first character that we meet is Ruth.  She is the female lead and boy is she headstrong and set in her ways.  But you qui
Stace
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very well written original series, with excellent character and world-building.
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
* I received this book for free from Crimson Romance in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

* Originally published on my book blog, Will Read for Feels.

When you know that a book is the final one in a series, it sets quite a few expectations, whether or not you’ve read the previous books. It was no different for book 3 in Jillian David’s Hell to Pay series, Flame Unleashed. The series features the Indebted, folks who sold their so
Carmen Pacheco
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The blade is craving criminals again, although this time the Indebted killer, aka reaper of souls to feed the evil Jerahmeel, is Nurse Ruth Blackstone. Although there is a measure of "vigilante retribution" to be savored for heinous, vicious attacks upon the innocent, Ruth is dying to make her Meaningful Kill and rid herself of the contract. When Odilon Pierre-Noir, a giant of a man with a to-die-for Cajun accent intercedes during her requisite kill (a save to be sure), why the hell does his bla ...more
Julie
I loved the first two books in this series, I didn’t think it would get any better……
Flame Unleashed is the third and final book in the Hell To Pay trilogy by Jillian David. To be honest you could read it as a stand alone, but as we meet both the couples from the previous books, it would probably help. I enjoyed reading all three together.

We first met Ruth in the previous book. She was playing a part of a nurse, we don’t get much on her character, she seemed a quiet person, but I also got the i
Josselyn Radillo
This review was originally posted at
chapterfive.wix.com/chapter5

Rate: 4.5

My thoughts:
Ok, seriously, this book has me HOOKED!! Like woah hooked! I feel like I could easily devour ten of these books in a weekend! Im totally and completely in love!!

This is the story of Ruth and Odie two Indebteds. The story is alluded to Jerahmeel and it described bits here and there. We get to know how Odie and Ruth became part of Jerahmeel killing squad and why they aren’t free of their contract with them. Jerahm
Geneva Handleman
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oooooo. Will this be the last of the series? Will there be more? I'm greedy, I want more!! It's another awesome spine-tingling suspense filled action packed adventure from what is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors!

As always, the characters are so real and just leap off the page into my imagination to become part of the ever-growing family of fictional people I wish I really knew! Her writing keeps you turning pages. This book's excitement and suspense surpasses all of the others even.
Janie Weimer
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when I thought I had the general idea of how this series would go, Ms. David swerved it in another direction. Wow was this a good read. Ice queen, Ruth, was not so ice queen after all, and I loved finding out how she'd gotten to this point. The hero seemed kind of overly rakish and manipulative until it was revealed what made him tick. Then I fell in love with him and would like a guy like that in my life. The sex was smoking hot though I wish there was a little more of it. And the end, OMF ...more
Diane
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a Goodreads first-reads giveaway.

Interesting and unique concept for the plot. Great characters with intriguing backstory and chemistry. The romance grows and opens up the character. Lots of suspension and tension. Satisfying ending.
Becky
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
This book is imaginative and interesting. Very easy to follow writing made comfortable, relaxing reading. Included are some danger and suspense and a satisfying ending. Good book from a talented author. It is book three in a series and even though I have not read the first two books I followed it easily.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

This concluding edition to the Hell to Pay series stands alone, although reading the series in order will give one a better understanding of the characters and their roles as Indebteds.

Read full review in the 2016 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Noelle Walsh
I found this book to be fairly good. I like the characters and the plot and, even though I haven't read the two preceding books, I did follow the story with ease. This was a reading experience that was enjoyable.

*won as a GoodReads Giveaway*
Bettie
Dec 07, 2017
Michelle Taberna
Nov 18, 2016
Bookish Addict
I won this book via Goodreads giveaway from the author. I thought it was a good, quick book to read. The plot was decent and easy to follow. As a fan of paranormal reads, this one fell a bit short on the excitement meter. It started out great, and I had high hopes, but the ending was lacking. I have not read the other 2 books, so even though it was the last book in the trilogy, it can be read as a standalone.
Lana Craig
Teresa
Jun 06, 2016
Felicia
Aug 08, 2016
Award-winning author Jillian David lives near the end of the Earth with her nut of a husband and her bossy cats. To escape the sometimes-stressful world of the rural physician, she edits while on call and writes books in her free time. She enjoys taking realistic settings and adding a twist of “what if.” Running or hiking on local trails often promotes plot development.

Follow Jillian on BookBub fo

Hell to Pay (3 books)
  • Immortal Flame (Hell to Pay #1)
  • Relentless Flame (Hell to Pay, #2)