Start by marking “The Bound (Ascension, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bound (Ascension, #2)

The Bound (Ascension #2)

Cyrene Strohm is a Queen’s Affiliate, a high-ranking official of the court of Byern, with power and privilege to spare. But she’s also a keeper of dangerous secrets: like the fact that she holds the heart of the King, and that she possesses magic in a world where magic no longer exists.

Determined to discover what this means and how to use her newfound abilities, Cyrene set
419 pages
Published October 25th 2016

Christy
Oct 23, 2016 Christy rated it really liked it
description

When I first read The Affiliate by KA Linde last year, I remember thinking WOW! This is so different than anything Kyla has written before. It pulled me in and impressed me big time. I couldn't wait for book 2. I was excited to start The Bound but it took me a while to fully engage myself in the story. I think the biggest thing for me was trying to remember everything from the first book. Once my memory started coming back, I became completely engrossed in Cyrene's journey.

Cyrene Strohm is an Af
Wendy Higgins
Hold on tight - these twists will leave you reeling! Magic, mayhem, and romance to satisfy any fantasy lover.
Liz
Aug 30, 2015 Liz marked it as to-read
I need this now!!!!
Beverly
Oct 22, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
I love K.A. Linde’s books full of angst, sexual tension and characters we love to hate, so naturally, I was ready to her young adult series. As I said in my last review this YA book has a very adult vibe to it since it’s set in this alternate universe, so these are not your typical teenagers.

The Bound picks up where The Affiliate left off. If you read my review for the first book, you know I loved Cyrene, our strong, determined heroine. This book Cyrene didn’t let me down, I love how she isn’t
Library Luv
Sep 27, 2015 Library Luv rated it really liked it
I WANT THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!!
Terri S
Oct 21, 2016 Terri S rated it it was amazing
That ending...
Adriana Locke
Sep 25, 2016 Adriana Locke rated it it was amazing
Linde simply amazes with The Bound.
I've been awaiting this story and jumped for joy when it popped on my device. Diving right in, I thought I was ready. I was not.
The author wastes no time drawing you into the world of Emporia. In typical Linde fashion, she slams you with a heavy dose of angst from the start. (Gasp!)
The vivid descriptions and the intricate detail worked into the story makes it come alive before your eyes. Not overlooking a single element, each character is designed with their
Richelle Robinson
Oct 25, 2016 Richelle Robinson rated it really liked it
What in the Creator did I just read?!
The Bound picked up right where we left off in The Affiliate. Cyrene is on the quest to find out more about her magical powers. During the quest she finds out about herself and people who can help control her new magic. In this book we are introduced to some new characters. We also have our regulars from book one. I really enjoyed this book and the journey Cyrene went through discovering her new powers. Some of the revelations that came in this book had me ga
Anjee
Oct 25, 2016 Anjee rated it it was amazing
Exquisitely done. This Novel will steal your heart.
I don’t have the right words to form about this book. We had some questions answered while some were not, with new forming questions beginning. Every single chapter had something for me, rather it was a new revelation or an old one that was being answered. I won’t make a long winded review just for the mere fact that this book does not need one.
The plot, the character’s, the world building, and the magic will have you suspended in time. This b
Dark Faerie Tales
Nov 04, 2016 Dark Faerie Tales rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Wonderful fast paced fantasy with spectacular romance, action, and magic. If you are a high fantasy fan, I suggest you give this one a try!

Opening Sentence: Jardana’s body hummed with victory.

The Review:

Cyrene Strohm’s life has just recently been turned upside down. As an Affiliate to the queen she is one of the most privileged members of the court of Byern, but she also has magical powers that aren’t suppose to exist anymore. To try and lea
Rebecca
4.5 STARS

I have been patiently waiting for this book for over a year. I enjoyed the first installment of this series, but The Bound is on a completely new and intense level. I was riveted from the first pages and could not put it down. It was one thrilling roller coaster ride, and The Bound is one of my top fantasy reads for the latter half of 2016.

The Bound picks up right after The Affiliate ends, but everything from the first book is completely turned upside down in the prologue. I was in com
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
No rating DNF (for now)
I loved The Affiliate and was so sad that this one didn't grab my attention. I tried a couple of times but ended up being confused about what was going on.
I plan on trying this at another date to see if it was just me being a mood reader and not being in the mood at this time
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.25/5

Review coming soon!
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

I really enjoyed the Affiliate when I read it last year.  I loved the world that KA Linde had created and was invested in Cyrene, Kael and Edric.  But when I jumped into the pages of THE BOUND I didn't find myself as engrossed by this portion of the series, instead feeling like it was dragging a bit.

In THE BOUND Cyrene is traveling to Eleysia where she hopes to understand more about her magic.  But nothing with Cyrene ever goes as planned.
Robin
Oct 24, 2016 Robin rated it it was amazing
When readers consider the works of USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde, I’m certain her new adult and contemporary romance novels come to mind. Linde is the successful author of the Take Me duet and the Avoiding, Record, and All That Glitters series. But during the fall of 2015, Linde branched out into young adult fantasy with the release of The Affiliate, the first novel of her Ascension series. And you know what? I was really impressed – so impressed that it’s been difficult to contain my ...more
Candy at Prisoners of Print
Oct 24, 2016 Candy at Prisoners of Print rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I’ve been sitting and staring at a blank computer screen since the moment I finished The Bound because I’m honestly just speechless. K.A. Linde has taken strands of action, intrigue, and romance and intertwined them together so flawlessly that I don’t know whether to cry because I want more or rejoice that Linde is executing this story as perfectly as I could imagine. I’m not normally a young adult reader, and I’m certainly picky about the books within the fantasy genre that I’ll tackle, but pic
Memórias da Cat
Oct 24, 2016 Memórias da Cat rated it really liked it
Mais um Arc recebido \O/ Para quem não sabe, os Arcs é a oportunidades que os autores estrangeiros dão aos blogueiros de lerem suas obras antes do lançamento, em troca de uma resenha sincera. Então muito obrigada a autora e a InkslingerPr pela confiança. Já tinha lido outras obras dessa autora. Nos livros dela sempre esperamos uma leitura muito densa, acho que a maior característica dessa autora é nos manter na ponta dos pés todo o tempo, ou seja, uma leitura com várias reviravoltas em que o fin ...more
Jessica
Oct 24, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-blog
Incredibly magical, suspenseful and laugh out loud funny!

K.A. Linde starts the bound off in a way that greedily inspires you to read on. You are instantly drawn into the world that she created with emotions that slam right into you. Her writing is so vividly detailed that it makes it easy to get lost in the pages. Every aspect of this book is designed to breathe life into the story as well as keep you engaged, and it works!

The story took me on an emotional roller-coaster that I didn't want to ge
Tatia
Oct 25, 2016 Tatia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fmr-reviews

Let me tell you, this series is like nothing I've ever read. Ms. Linde has a way of doing that. She can create this world that has you becoming completely lost in it. You find yourself so involved with everything that is occurring that you feel as though you're IN the story yourself.

Thankfully, The Bounde picks up right where we left off in The Affiliate. Cyrene has left Byern to go out and seek help in learning how to control her powers. She knows she'll never be able to do that in B
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
Oct 26, 2016 Kei • lovelypagesreviews • rated it really liked it
4 stars!

The Bound was a lot different than The Affiliate, where The Affiliate is more about the court life and the King's relationship with Cyrene, The Bound focused more on her journey and her exploration of her magic. There was an interesting sub-plot in this story and OMG I loved it.

Cyrene leaves Court and travels to Eleysia to learn how to use her powers but the problem is that there are no Affiliates allowed in the city. We get so much magical stuff in this one, it was so good. There was a
Stephanie romig
Oct 20, 2016 Stephanie romig rated it it was amazing
This book is EVERYTHING! I am in love with the story and the characters. The alternating POV makes a huge impact with getting to see so many different angles of the main characters. This is the only fantasy I have ever read, and I'm hooked. Its like the television show The Tudors with magic and crazy creatures.
I don't want to go into the story and what it's about because I feel like you have to go into these books without knowing to get the full impact and with a story like this it would take p
Joyce
Oct 25, 2016 Joyce rated it really liked it
Imagine being so invested in your characters you can actually see them as you read. Their pain is your pain, their happiness is your happiness. Kyla draws you in, makes you fall in love (or hate) with them and leaves you for wanting more.

The Bound does all these things and so much more.

Cyrene captivates the heart of not 1, not 2 but 3 men. And royalty at that. She's strong, brave, and loyal. She takes us on this journey with her and makes it difficult to stop reading!

The Bound knows no bounds. I
Rachel
Nov 09, 2016 Rachel rated it liked it
I must say that I really enjoyed the first book, The Affiliate, it broke me out of a reading slump I had been in and seemed to be a wonderful start to a new series. The Bound was alright at best. I didn't feel any of the pull towards characters and situations that I normally do when reading other books by KA Linde. The delivery of this book felt like someone telling a story in a monotone voice and run-on sentences who would then forget what they were saying only to start up again in a slightly d ...more
Georgette The "G"
Oct 26, 2016 Georgette The "G" rated it it was amazing
This is a follow up book to The Affiliate in the Ascension Series.
Once again, K did not disappoint me. What disappoints me is having to wait for the next book! AH!
I loved this second book, more than I loved the first one.
The trials and tribulations that Cyrene is going through is felt on the pages of this story. Each word keeps you looking forward to the next. It's mesmerizing, captivating, bewitching.
I've been #teamkael from the beginning but now, after reading this, I'm so #teamdtheotherguy it
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Oct 11, 2016 Jaime (Two Chicks on Books) rated it really liked it
Damn KA sure knows how to leave you with a killer ending! I honestly liked this better than The Affiliate and if it hadn't ended the way us did it would have received 5 stars. I loved the travel and adventure in this one and getting to meet Dean. He's the prince I'd choose. I love KA's worldbuilding and I can't wait for the next book!
Angela Freiberger garcia
This series is so sinking great with twists and turns every where. Love it!
MissVenomous
Nov 12, 2016 MissVenomous rated it did not like it
Ugh! No - just no. This is the dumbest and most annoying book I have ever read. >.<
Tessa
Oct 29, 2016 Tessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, romance, fantasy, ya
This book has me in total shock. The reveals that took place, especially one twoards the end, just shocked me. That end though. No words.
Verna Loves Books
Oct 29, 2016 Verna Loves Books rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that left you in a state of turmoil? One that had you filled with so much hope and joy, not to mention Love, Love that you could feel coming off the pages and implant itself into your heart? But then the closer you get to the ending, you feel that tear, that ripple in your chest and finally after reading the last page, your heart is in your stomach and you have so many emotions you're not sure where to begin. Well that’s what this book did to me; it left me so passionat ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Oct 01, 2016 02:56PM
  • Clanless (Nameless, #2)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Against the Grain (Against, #2)
  • Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)
  • Boss (The Bishop Brothers, #1)
  • More Than Distance (Chasing The Dream, #5)
  • Cage of Darkness (Reign of Secrets #2)
  • The End (CageVec Security, #3)
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • Dignity (The Breaking Point, #2)
  • Inflict (The Muse, #2)
  • Reborn (Alpha's Claim, #3)
  • Untitled (Sinners on Tour Encores, #2)
  • Three Rules
  • Shadow & Shine
  • Untitled (The Paradise Diaries, #3)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series and more than fifteen other novels. She grew up as a military brat and attended the University of Georgia where she obtained a Master’s in political science. She works full-time as an author and loves Disney movies, binge-watching Supernatural, and Star Wars.

She currently lives in Lubbock, Texas, with her husband and two super-a
More about K.A. Linde...

Ascension (4 books)
  • The Affiliate (Ascension, #1)
  • The Consort (Ascension, #3)
  • Untitled (Ascension, #4)

“WHEN ALL SEEMS LOST, WHAT WAS LOST CAN BE FOUND. WHEN” 0 likes
“A hunter who does not consider its prey is destined to become prey himself.” 0 likes