Start by marking “Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)

Fire Falling

(Air Awakens #2)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  18,982 ratings  ·  1,624 reviews
Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?

Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life.

As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile san
Published November 19th 2015 by Silver Wing Press

To ask other readers questions about Fire Falling, please sign up.
Elise Kova Yes! I know how awful it is waiting for the next book in a series to come out... and, I'll be honest, personally I sometimes forget what happened in t…moreYes! I know how awful it is waiting for the next book in a series to come out... and, I'll be honest, personally I sometimes forget what happened in the last book by the time the next one comes out and I'm disappointed in how un-invested in the characters I've become. As a result, I'm trying to bring every installment of the Air Awakens series to the readers as fast as I can, without sacrificing story or editing.(less)
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Elise Kova There are still many obstacles for Vhalla to overcome with the help of friends, family, lovers, or alone. I'll leave it up to every reader, however, w…moreThere are still many obstacles for Vhalla to overcome with the help of friends, family, lovers, or alone. I'll leave it up to every reader, however, with what they perceive the outcome of the ending of Fire Falling to be. Less than five weeks until Earth's End is out!(less)

·  18,982 ratings  ·  1,624 reviews

Start your review of Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)
Katerina
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
I am strong I will not fall apart I am strong I will not fall apart I am strong I will not fall apart I am strong I will not fall apart I am strong I will not fall apart I am strong I will not fall apart I am strong I will not fall apart I am strong I will not fall apart
I am weak.I fell apart.I am trapped inside a bubble of denial,shock,sorrow and pain.And hope.Hope that Earth's End will glue the pieces of my shattered heart.

“Her eyes caught the mirror once more,and Vhalla spared another
jessica
May 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
omg. that cliffhanger! here i was thinking i would just continue the series whenever i had time, but now im desperate to pick up the next book.

i previously said that the first book reminded me a lot of ‘avatar.’ this sequel does maintain those similarities, but the majority of the story really builds upon the aspects that make this book its own. and the characters really shine in this. i got so attached to them this time around, especially aldrick.

the plot does kind of takes a back seat in thi
sunny
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
YOUR GIRL HAS FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK 👏👏👏👏👏 AND IT ONLY TOOK 41 DAYS 👏👏👏👏👏

also wow i finished this literally two minutes ago and forgot what was that ending.

like, listen my guy, these books are fun and enjoyable, but they're nothing special, kind of annoying and forgetfull.

so like,,, obviously i'm continuing on with the series BECAUSE LOOK AT THOSE GORGEOUS COVERS, the fuck

-----
I forgot what happened in the first book and this is my second try. It's the pretty covers. AGH THEY DISCO
High Lady of The Night Court
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-read
This book was so different compared to the last one but in a good way. It ends with a cliffhanger that most definitely gave me a heart attack so if you can’t read the next book right after this one I would urge you to start it at a time you can, or suffer.

The book is more centered in the war and Vhalla’s role in it. She’s definitely grown to be a stronger person after the events of the last book and this one without giving up any part of herself. She goes through some painful events in this boo
Daiane
“For those of you who can meet our enemy with as much cruelty, as much cunning, and as much skill, maybe you’ll see the end of this war. So stand with me, stand with your brothers and sisters in black. We ride toward the horizon of victory, and whoever cannot see the path there should leave now.”

I must confess that while I was reading the first book I really desired to do one thing with the main characters:

For the first half of the second book, my desire just grew. I was tired of the come-a
Rachel E. Carter
"You're the first thing I've ever seen him want to take for himself... It also means that you are the first thing the world knows it can take from him."

The first book is my favorite by just an itsy bit more (I know, blasphemy!) because I loved all those declaring friendship/learning to trust each other moments between Aldric and Vhalla. This was a bit slower for me (though more action) but I am still 100% madly in love with Aldric. Every time I read his scenes I just can't let go. That poor tort
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
HOLY F#*CKING SH!T!!! BOOK GODS BE PRAISED, I CAN'T EVEN FATHOM WHAT JUST HAPPENED! My heart is in my throat, this author is genius!!!! ...more
Nadia Awadi
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a perfect case of a guilty pleasure read and I would like to say: FUCK IT! I liked this book.

If anyone tries to convince me that they read this book for the goodness of their heart and the plot. I would call them on their Bullshit. Is there even plot in this second installment? Absolutely NOT. Characters are just walking to the north, south or west or whatever the hell they are going to start a war. Aside from the ending, nothing really happened. EXCEPT for one big thing: Vahalla is f
Ben Alderson
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in the coffee shop today, it was amazing! I cried twice!!!!

Elise you are really something special
Nina (Every Word A Doorway)
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
If it weren’t for that badass ending, this would’ve earned 2 sloppy stars.

Vhalla Yarl was unbelievably dense and whiny, except for the ending where she finally comes close to being the badass Windwalker she's supposed to be. However, I’m sorry to report that her brain was left on stand-by for a majority of the book. Aldrik trusts a soldier? Let’s trust them too, despite our suspicions, because surely a prince can never be proven wrong about someone. Aldrik seeks out Vhalla whenever he has the c
Lucie V.
✅ World-building
✅ Plot and pace
✅ Action
❗️❗️ Cliffhanger

Vhalla is now a soldier, property of the crown and she is sent to the front to win the war with her Windwalker powers. This book is once again about Vhalla trying to figure out her place in the world and also her feeling towards Aldrik (and the price of those feelings).

Vhalla changes in this book, she gains confidence and her powers develop really fast (a little too fast maybe). There is however the logica
Pamela J. (Fantasy Book Nook)
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: display
*Spoiler Free*
The second in the series, Fire Fallings leaves right where Air Awakens left off. In AA, Vhalla was a naïve library apprentice confronting a change in fate, identity, and falling in love. At the beginning of FF, we see a different Vhalla. The events towards the end of AA left Vhalla broken and conflicted, living with the consequences of a night of wind and fire and dealing with Sareem’s death. Despite the nightmares that plague her, she is given no time to rest or recover. She is no
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
4.5 stars... very well deserved.

This book was a conglomerate of frustration, agony, torture, and FEELS! Bahah... I know, I know. I'm a glutton for punishment... but I love these kinds of books.

BTW this was a buddy read with Emma - Thank you for being my emotional support because heaven knows I needed it!!! Check out Emma's amazing review!!

Though this story reminds me so much of other already existing book series, the characterization is vastly different. I keep expecting Vhalla to act like a
Kells Next Read
"You're the first thing I've seen him want to take for himself"

Elise Kova second book had me:
 photo high five_zpsvbaqjgs7.gif

Guys I can't even begin to form into words the intense love that I have for Prince Aldrik. He has definitely move up to hold the prized place of my #1 fictional Crown prince that has me *swooning* with only the mention of his name. This book was good Great. I loved every character and particularly enjoy seeing the development of Vhalla and Aldrik's relationship.

This is a Read that you need to pick
Lexie
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I hate this rating. I do. I've been trying to avoid it from page 1. But from page 1, this book fell into a very specific category I dislike. (It dislikes me back. It's a mutual thing.)

This category comprises all filler books in fantasy series which are really just an excuse for romantic angst and lots of tears and purple prose. It's all topped with arguments which stem from misunderstandings that could have been solved in five sentences, had the characters been inclined to COMMUNICATE.

An oddly
Ann (annreads)
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
*Reread March 2018*

“You are a symbol, Vhalla. And, despite what some may have you believe, you have more control over what you symbolize than anyone else.”
“I am no one,” she muttered, hearing Aldrik mounting his War-strider.
“Even something very small can cast a large shadow when it is close to the sun.”

I literally know every single thing that happens in this book and somehow it still gets me EVERY DAMN TIME ??? *cries*

-----------------------------------------------------

*Reread January 2017*

“The
Leila
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5++ STARS

Holy mother Sun! I'm starstruck. This is what I'd like to call a gorgeous sequel. Dare I say it, it might even top Air Awakes

This was an exceptional sequel. I loved it so much! I feel like the series has more of a direction, which is exciting. I'm still processing what happened in this book, because THINGS HAPPENS.

THE ENDING. OH MY GOSH. MIND BLOW.

This book deserves More Than this insignificant five stars!! Omg what a roller coaster of emotions...

TO read more about my thaughts click [
Nastassja

What I love about the sequels is that you can abandon your usual pattern for reviews and go on babbling about your favorite characters and wow moments and angst moments and so on. And trust me, Fire falling has a lot of these.

First of all, let us summarize where we were left with our MCs in Air Awakens. Vhalla is a property of the Solaris Empire now and she is forced to join the war against north. Some people want her dead on the butterflied, some want her to win the war and bring new power - t

ambsreads
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm sorry. I can't think over the sound of my screaming. What. The. Fuck. WHAT THE FUCK.

BYE GOTTA START BOOK THREE. DONT TOUCH ME.
Ashley
"This was the Fire Lord...He was like poetry through fire."

Question: If you could have one fictional man, which would you choose?

A: The mysterious, bad-intentioned Darkling who you share an unexplainable bond with?
B: Rowan Whitethorn, a badass warrior who you are also bonded to, and wants to ultimately protect you?
C: Nikolai Lantsov, a prince whose snarky as hell?
D: Rhysand, a suave and tad cocky overall badass?
E: Prince Aldrik aka all of the above?

Oh wow. I loved this book. I never thought I'd
Khadidja
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Daniel.

That's it. That's the review.

Also, (view spoiler)
Bibi
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Apparently, no character is safe. I can't even right now. ...more
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
This review was originally posted on It Starts at Midnight
You know when you're reading a book, and suddenly you look down to see that you're making actual puddles of tears on your own lap? Yeah, that is a thing, and it was the product of this book. This is one of those reviews that is extra hard to write because you just want to flail and throw the book at people. Yep, it was that good. I haven't read a book that had me this entranced in a long while.enthralled-ScottPilgrim-Knives-amazing

You probably want to know what was so epic,
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.5/5 stars

“I see you taking steps down this path, and I don’t want you be lost to that darkness.” He laughed and bore the most unfiltered sorrow she had ever seen from him. “What is worse is, thanks to the extraordinary wisdom of the people’s Senate, I cannot protect you from that.”
“So, what do I do?” Vhalla finally sought guidance for her guilt.
“Never forget who you are, and do not let the dead define you.”

This book made up for everything I minded in the first one. It
nicklein
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm so busy I barely even have time to take a peek here, let alone read. Ugh. Two more weeks, just two more weeks and I'M FREE!

Mini review to come soon.
Katerina  Kondrenko
9 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
Phantogram – Fall In Love
Imagine Dragons – A monsters
Chroma Music – Playing With Fire (Feat. Casey Hensley)

Genre: high-fantasy, YA+ (upper-YA)
Stuff: sorcerers, girl gets stronger, war, magic
Setting: road to the North
Fail: a bit slow beginning though it's ok
WOW: romanc
Scrill
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As Vhalla marches off to war she battles with her security of who she is while discovering more about her power and her place in the army.

The Story
Holy Crap. If you’re looking for a cliffhanger, read this book. I don’t know how I am going on without knowing what happens next. Okay, I do, it’s because I have so many other reads to keep going at the moment, but I seriously can’t wait till I continue. First of all, I love Elise Kova, and I am going to be auto-buying her books from now on. I already
Zoha
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay! So I was not expecting that ending!!
This one was good but not as good as the first book or may be reading this right after I finished the Air awakens was not a good idea! I grew tired of the characters! I don't know if I am in reading slump or what!! But I didn't enjoyed it as much as I should have!

╬What I wanted from this book╬
▬Action

▬Cute romance
▬Sappy romance
▬Gushy romance
▬Mushy romance
▬Had me rolling my eyes roman
Kari Rhiannon (Moon Magister Reviews)
RTC, so I may have stayed up until 7am finishing this and then reading half the next book because I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER. Praise everything for omnibus editions.

edit: Me at the end of this book...
description
Muse-ic ♬
4.5
It's been a little while since I've read Air Awakens, so while I was reading this, a bunch of stuff would come up and I'd be like whaaaa?

Luckily it started to come back to me, but I still feel liked I missed the full effect.
And despite all of that, I still greatly enjoyed it!

Can you just observe those covers? Aren't they freaking gorgeous??!

And speaking of covers, I've just begun to realize how literal the titles of these books are. In fact, they are almost spoilers!
(view spoiler)
I have a question for people who have read the first 2 books. Please help! 3 29 Dec 24, 2016 07:32AM
Air Awakens Fan C...: Chapter 13 3 36 Jul 16, 2016 09:13PM
Air Awakens Fan C...: Chapter 11 2 20 Jul 16, 2016 08:53PM
Air Awakens Fan C...: General Discussion *Please note there may be SPOILERS* 7 64 Jul 16, 2016 08:51PM
Air Awakens Fan C...: Chapter 12 3 28 Nov 20, 2015 12:01PM

• The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • King Maker (Kingdom of Runes, #3)
  • Light Singer (Kingdom of Runes, #4)
  • Crown of Secrets (The Hidden Mage, #1)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • Crown of Danger (The Hidden Mage, #2)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • Crown of Strength (The Hidden Mage, #3)
  • Crown of Power (The Hidden Mage, #4)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • The ​Crown of Gilded Bones (Blood and Ash, #3)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
See top shelves…
Join Elise's mailing list to never miss a giveaway, release, sale, and more: https://elisekova.com/subscribe/

Elise Kova is the USA Today bestselling author of the Air Awakens universe, Married to Magic, Loom Saga, and more. She enjoys telling stories of fantasy worlds filled with magic and a little (or a lot) of romance. She lives in Florida and, when not writing, can be found playing video games,

Air Awakens (5 books)
  • Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
  • Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3)
  • Water's Wrath (Air Awakens, #4)
  • Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5)