Start by marking “Tomorrow's Lies (Promises, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow's Lies (Promises, #1)

Tomorrow's Lies

(Promises #1)

When today's promises become tomorrow's lies, how can you believe in anything . . . or anyone?

Jaynie Cumberland has no idea how to trust again, so she’s given up on trying. Dumped in to the state foster care system at age fourteen, Jaynie spent three years treading water, just trying to get by.

Still, Jaynie always knew she was broken in some way. After all, why did her ow
Published October 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow's Lies, please sign up.

Jennifer Kyle
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

description

Jaynie Cumberland finds herself shuffled from her current group home into her new placement in Forsaken, Virginia. She is under the care of a heartless, business woman, and her evil daughter. The bonds made during her stay on this mountaintop are with the four other children who are placed here as well, Mandy, Callie, Cody and Flynn O’Neill.

Flynn O'Neill’s upbringing has been just as brutal as Jaynie’s. Jaynie and Flynn form a friendship that progresses into a forever type of love.

”J
Dee Montoya
****4 Heartbreaking Stars****

(ARC kindly provided by author)

Heartbreakingly beautiful story about a couple who found love in a dark place... Not an easy read but so worth it!!!

photo 4d2bd764-b56a-4771-b858-1b951e024ee9_zpst6gjjkau.jpg

Jaynie Cumberland has gone through a very tough childhood. Her mom abandoned her and Jaynie was forced into the foster care system at a young age. She carries a lot of insecurities, after being left behind by every person she's ever loved.

After being hurt yet again, Jaynie feels completely broken and now her only hope is
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

TITLE: Tomorrow's Lies
SERIES: (Promises, #1)
AUTHOR: S.R. Grey
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: October 28th, 2015

MY RATING: 5 Twisted, Deranged STARS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The synopsis kind of jumped out at me when I was looking on Amazon and here with what to read next, then seeing all the high ratings I was sold..

A touching, thought provoking novel, Tomorrows Lies isn't just about the unloved, unwanted, lost kids within the state system it's about slowly healing, trusting, new found hope and finding lov
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Tomorrow's Lies
Series: Promises #1
Author: S.R. Grey
Release date: October 28, 2015 (Early release)
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Tomorrow's Lies is a story of love bringing hope back to the hopeless. It's not just another story of two broken people putting their shattered pieces back together. Jaynie and Flynn are denied the most basic physical and emotional necessities that are every human's right. And still, their giving nature, their goodness is never erased. When
S.R. Grey
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
IT'S LIVE!!!!!

photo TLTeaser1wDate2_zpslkhdx0l3.jpg

photo TLTeaser5_zpsg4wit4sp.jpg

photo TLTeaser3_zps3ututmvy.jpg

BLURB:

Still, Jaynie always knew she was broken in some way. After all, why did h
Jamie
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: his-her-pov, series
What an emotional ride this was! My heart was all over the place.... sadness at what two young people went through and happiness that,for a time, they were not alone...

[image error]2015-11-01"

Both Flynn and Jaynie grew up in the worst of circumstances and both ended up in the foster system.. going from home to home and experiencing things along the way no child should have to endure. My heart broke for both of them as we got glimpses throughout the story of what they went through.. before they found thei
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

♥Booklish Reviews♥

Supposed to be in bed, but sleep must be sacrificed when S.R. Grey delivers a new book.

I loved everything about this book! As usual, the writing was FABULOUS. The research for this book was right on. (I can't find a complaint, which is unusual for me....And we all know how awful I am at writing reviews for great books.)
So, to avoid any awkwardness that might follow. (Aka, a blank review with a 5 star rating...) I've decided to post GIF's that describe my feels.

(In reference to not fi
Tammy  Zautner
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“The state can call me anything they want, but the truth is I am one of the unwanted, the discarded. Another kid in the system, another cog in a broken wheel.”

No truer words have been used to describe the millions of kids in the system. S.R. Grey's newest book tackles the underbelly of the foster care system, the damages of sexual/physical/mental abuse, and the ability to learn to trust, heal and love again. She takes us through an eye opening and emotional journey that runs bone deep. One that
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Stunning Stars!
My heart both weeped and also cheered. What an amazing read!

The Review:
I love this authors writing but she really outdid herself this time. She bleed her soul onto the pages of this book and it shows. Jaynie and Flynn were absolutely beautiful together and their story was awe inspiring.

I LOVED this read!

The Story/Characters...
Jaynie, abandoned by her moth
Pamela Sparkman
Shelves: my-favorites
This book really tugged at my heartstrings. Right from the jump I was hooked. And then that first chapter! It gutted me. I had to put the book down and give myself a minute.

This story isn't easy to read at times, but those are usually the best ones. The ones that make you feel a multitude of things - from feeling hopeless on one page to feeling hopeful on the next.

S.R. Grey did an amazing job telling the story of Flynn and Jaynie. I adored both characters and I felt their pain, their connectio
Chelsea
4.5 Stars!!!

The prologue was a great way to catch a reader's interest, because after that, you'll sure be itching for more. After what happened, I was eager to know how everything would turn out. But then I was brought to the beginning which was fine for me because it was engaging. In fact, I was hooked.

description

The first part of this book had me so engrossed even if the love story between Flynn and Jaynie was moving at a snail's pace because my attention was not only focused on them but also on the t
Strausbaugh Lesley
I received this book as an arc copy... Omg!! I wish their were more stars for this amazing well written book I believe it should have 10 stars!!! At the beginning of the book it hooks you right in right away! I balled my eyes out because this is how some foster children are treated!! Flynn had grown up in a house hold with his mother and father and brother but it all became a nightmare after his mother passes away and his father started drinking again and beating his little brother and him over ...more
Richelle Robinson

Tears.

Hope.

Joy.

Tears of Joy.

This pretty much sums up everything I felt and then some while reading this story. Jaynie and Flynn both have had a hard life and grew up in the foster care system. The place they are at looks good on paper but it's not what it seems. The house consist of Mandy, Flynn and the twins, Callie and Cody. They are forced to work all day for their dinner. They endure a lot of psychological abuse. Even in these circums
Dusty Summerford (Reviews by Reds)
5 Gut Wrenching Stars!!!

This book totally gutted me. I really connected with this story. I was an only child but my parents opened our home to foster children. We saw so many children come out of terrible foster homes. Sad but true. So I really felt like I knew these characters. Words can't express what I'm feeling.

This book was perfectly written. Once you start it, you can't put it down. It has all the feels that you want in a really great book. S.r. Grey is definitely one of my go to authors!

J
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was absolutely blown away with this story, there are not enough words to describe this amazing read.
Jaynie is a broken girl, that was thrown into the foster care system after her mother abandoned her.
Flynn is also thrown into the system, in which both characters end up at the same foster house with 3 other kids. This isn't an ordinary home. The foster mother treats them like slaves, and barely feeds them. Together the kids make the most out of their horrible conditions. Flynn and Jaynie form
Bianca
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

“If someday you fly away Jaynie-bird, can I go with you?”

Jaynie Cumberland has been in the foster care system since her early teens. She’s never been wanted. Not until she meets Flynn O’Neill, who is also no stranger to the same foster care system. They both share a past of pain and loneliness. Jaynie is very resistant to get close to Flynn in any way. But slowly, she lets down her walls and Flynn becomes her solace. The bright star in the only
FMR Book Grind
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
TERA'S REVIEW
4.5 STARS

Everyone has a story....everyone's
story deserves to be told ...but some parts of that story may be very difficult to read ....and sometimes THOSE are the stories ...the dark ones ...the difficult to read ones....that need to be brought into the light the most...

~~In this house, the monsters are not in the closet. They exist outside of it.~~

Flynn has not had an easy life ...by any definition ....an extremely hard life growing up ...things a child should never have to endu
Nikki Reeves
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Grab the tissues!!! Wow this is a heartbreakingly beautiful book. If you have ever been at a point in your life where you think it can’t get any worse just remember it always can. But sometimes you have to get through the bad in life to make it out on the other side. I was hooked from the very first page. I read this in one sitting because I had to know what happens.

Jaynie hasn’t had the best life. She was thrown into the system at a young age by a mother that didn’t want her and then sent to
Helen Barnes
**REVIEWED ON BEHALF OF YOUR NEXT HOT READ**
What.A.Read!
This book kept me up all night. Literally, all night long. It has everything you could want in a book; love, heat, jealousy and an evil bitch to get your loathe on.
Flynn & Jaynie have already endured horror that parents spend their lives trying to shelter their children from. The claws of tragedy have already been sunken into this pair of young adults. They're just trying to survive the last year of their time in the foster care system
Samantha Lundergn
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I would like to start out by saying that this book was heartbreaking and beautifully written. This story shows us the cruel underbelly of the foster child system and all the abuse that can happen whether it is neglect, sexual or physical and mental abuse. I had to stop reading for a minute or tow at a few points to get my emotions under control because the story seemed so real and raw in the way it was written. My heart really broke for both Flynn and Jaynie and I really was rooting for them to ...more
Becca Reads A Lot
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first thing that drew me to this book was the stunning cover, but what kept me was the hope for a happily ever after for this cast of characters.

Grey tells a tough and tragic story, but she still manages to find those moments that every reader needs, those rays of light.

Flynn & Jaynie overcome so many internal and external conflicts that shine a light on a myriad of serious issues. We feel each sorrow and joy. Every tension filled twist and every desperate moment.

I love Grey's reminde
Coleen Devlin Leszczynski
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was amazing!! I received ARC of this book and it was awesome. I couldn't put the book down and still can't stop thinking about it. It's a story about tragedy, survival and love. Flynn and Jaynie are part of the foster system and have found each other but can they stand the test of time and find a way to make their love work? You will not be disappointed if you pick this outstanding book up!! I can't wait for the next book!!
CDBW
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

This was such a great read. I was drawn in right from the start. I cried, laughed, my heart broke, and I was ready to murder right along too. I just couldn't believe how all those kids ere treated. My heart broke for all of them.

I'm eager to read the next book. I want to know how they overcome their struggles. This book is going to be on my mind for a long time.
Olivia
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It had all the feels, but also dealt with a serious topic. It's clear Ms. Grey did her research on this subject. This is also a story of triumph of the human spirit. Jaynie and Flynn were amazing characters that will stay with me for a long time.
Norma Grijalva
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing 5 ☆☆☆☆☆ book that has you ugly crying and makes you love the characters. SR Grey gave me an ARC for an honest review and all I can say it's a must buy and an all time favorite.
MeganTheNinja
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bitch-tits
Amazing!!! Seriously unlike anything I've ever read!! 100 % recommend!!
Shannon
Awe, I really liked this one.
Shannon
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars****** NO words can describe this story and truly do it justice. Heartbreaking, determined, strong, loving MC's. Beautifully written. Excellent book to add to your TBA.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Rate: 3,9 / 5 stars
  • Ten Thousand Truths (Ten Thousand #3)
  • Curves of the French Riviera (Curves of the French Riviera, #1)
  • When Fully Fused (Schasm #3)
  • Always Summer
  • The Mind (The Reluctant Romantics, #1.5)
  • Tested (New World, #3)
  • Back Country (The Country Duet, #2)
  • Etched in Stone (Six Degrees #2)
  • Just Keep Sweet (The Compound, #3)
  • Shameless
  • Unraveling the Billionaire - The Complete Series (An Alpha Billionaire Romance)
  • Rock Hard
  • Indisputable
  • Brisé
  • When Nothing Is All You've Got
  • Flirting with Love (Lovelly, #2)
  • The Reality of You
  • Deadly Trilogy (Complete Series: Books 1-3)

Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

S.R. Grey is an Amazon Top 30 and a #1 Barnes & Noble bestselling author. Her bestselling hockey rom-com series, and new football series, feature a different hot player in every story. All of them can be read in any order since they’re interconnected standalones. Other works include the Judge Me Not books, the Promises series, the Inevitability duology, A Harbour Falls Mystery trilogy,

Promises (2 books)
  • Today's Promises (Promises, #2)
“Sometimes, dear Jaynie, you have to work with what you're given in this life.” 3 likes