Start by marking “Rebellion (The MacGregors, #0.1)” as Want to Read:
Rebellion (The MacGregors, #0.1)

Rebellion

(The MacGregors 0.1)

Scotland, 1745. Against the bloody background of the Battle of Culloden, another war was waged and won the price was honor, the victory, love.

Scottish beauty Serena MacGregor's hatred of all English began as a child when she watched as a band of Englishmen attacked her mother. Her brother's friend Brigham Langston was no exception to Serena's loathing despite his supposed
Paperback, Silhouette Special Large Print, 400 pages
Published November 21st 2006 by Silhouette (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Rebellion, please sign up.
Ossie Neal "Set in 1745, Rebellion tells the story of Serena MacGregor". Although it states Serena is a MacGregor but her married name is Langston, Maria I can…more"Set in 1745, Rebellion tells the story of Serena MacGregor". Although it states Serena is a MacGregor but her married name is Langston, Maria I can see your confusion, but Annie is right they are not MacGregors. (less)

Norah Una Sumner

A pretty decent historical romance by Nora Roberts. I definitely like her thrillers and crime novels better. The characters are awesome actually - Serena is a powerful young woman and a kick-ass lady.

description

Brigham is her equal in bad-assery and they definitely have a fantastic chemistry. I liked the supporting characters as well but unfortunately, the story dragged out a little bit. I skimmed a few chapters but the ending was quite good. Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and I love Nora's
Naksed
TSTL alert! TSTL alert! Abort! Abort!

When the guy you are in love with loves you back and proposes marriage, and you cry yourself to sleep, heartbroken, because you think yourself not good enough for him.

When the same guy gets wind that he is about to be arrested for a political conspiracy, and instead of fleeing into the night, instead decides it is the perfect time to hang out at a club and get into a brawl in front of many witnesses, because that will surely not lead to his arrest.

Mary
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This gives us the back, back story of the MacGregors and it's a great read and a real change of pace for Nora Roberts. Historical romance is not her usual thing but she does not disappoint. Set in Scotland in 1745 against the backdrop of Culloden, we get the first Serena MacGregor and her love story. It's fun to read about the ancestors of characters we've come to love. I highly recommend this book for lovers of the series but it can be read as a stand alone book. Enjoy, I did.
Sam (AMNReader)
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Sam (AMNReader) by: Renae
I have to say, this is the first Nora Roberts book that didn't really grate on me. Similarly, I'd have to check my notes but it is also a highlander romance that didn't get all bogged down in the mystical side of Scotland and make me hate the characters for all their time-traveling selfishness...I'd also like to point out this is the first pre-2000 book (I think!) that I've actually liked at all.

It was nice to read about an English man and a Scottish woman also. I might even be tempted to contin
Liliflaj
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bas lepo sto su u Blic zeni poceli sa ovim delom iako to nije prva Norina knjiga iz serijala; jeste malo neobicno za nju da se ovoliko oslanja na istorijske dogadjaje ali to uopste ne umanjuje lepotu njenog pisanja :D ; knjiga je naravno prelepa i jedva cekam izlazak nove knjige iduceg meseca.
HÜLYA
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
MacGregors klanının tarihçesi idi bu kitap muhteşemdi..Nora Roberts'in kaleminden ilk defa bir historical roman okudum..Kitap su gibi akıyordu desem hani abartmış olmam kesinlikle..Kitabı elimden bırakamadım..
Yıl 1745 Yer İskoçya ünlü isyan hareketinin başlangıcı..İskoçlar tahta Stuat Hanedanında Charles'i getirmek için isyan ederler..İşte roman tam bu atmosferde Kuzey İskoçya'da geçiyor..
Romandaki kadın karakter Serena(Rena) MacGregor
Erkek Karakter ise yarı İskoçyalı Lord Ashburn-Brigham Langs
abi rafon
a refreshing story set against the bloody background of the historic Battle of Culloden.

it was nice to read the war and remind me of the young bonnie prince charles stuart. the jacobite rebellion was a very bloody war and it always touches me everytime i read about it. and as usual it bring me down knowing what had happened to the scots. but nora roberts did made a good job justifying the story. with her page turner writing style and interesting scenes, you will soon be finished reading her book
Azet
Nora Roberts with her flawless and delicate stroke of words have another magnificent romance in "Rebellion", my very first historical romance i have ever read by her...and damn it..how i wish she could have written more!

The story takes place in 1700s where the war between Scotland and England will take place, the scots wants their true king on the throne and our hero, a royalty and proud of his name are Brigham Langston, Earl of Ashburn who will be one of the few to lead the scots to the war. Be
Jovana
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2,5*
Julie
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I chose to follow the time line when starting this series. So, although this was not the first book published in the MacGregor series, it starts at the beginning of the story. So, in the 1700's we meet Serena and her family.
Serena despises the English. When her brother allied with an Earl, Serena lets her temper get the better of her. But, Lord Brigham was smitten with her despite her foul temper.
This was really good story. The story of the Rebellion, of two people vastly different coming togeth
Chitra *CJ*
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first, v-card
A beautiful bittersweet tale in the war era between the Scots and the British, and the start to this amazing series, Rebellion is the love story of Serena, the Scottish lass and Brigham, the English royalty.
When they initially meet, sparks and verbal spurs fly. Rena judges him preemptively and lashes him with her sharp tongue, and sometimes toes but Brigham conquers it all with sweet kisses and some hot love makin.
The couple have insta love and attraction, and are not shy to act on it.
The story
Regan Walker
Superb Storytelling of the Rising of 1745 and a Love That Would Not be Denied – A Keeper!

It begins in 1735 when Serena MacGregor’s home in the Highlands is invaded by British dragoons and her mother is raped by their leader who wants to shame a Highland’s chief’s wife. And that night hatred for the English was born in Serena. Ten years later, in 1745, her brother Coll brings home his friend, Brigham Langston, whose mother might have been a MacDonald but he is English.

Serena means to hate Brigham
Amy  Brobst
May 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Nora Roberts and historical romances
Recommended to Amy by: My sister, Liz
Shelves: 2017andbefore
Dina
I started/stopped reading this book so many times that I lost count. I just cant get through it and, as of now, Im officially giving up on it. ...more
Bronwyn
May 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys historical romances
Recommended to Bronwyn by: no one
Shelves: owned
I have read several books by nora roberts and this is very good a romance set in the time of the culloden uprising of 1745, about a womans hatred of the english, and her love for an englishman loyal to the scottish cause because of his grandmother, and how she learns to overcome her hatred of what he stands for and the love that eventually overcomes the barriers between them
Cecely
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The story of the beginning of the McGregor clan is wonderful. It's set in a time of discontent, with history weaving its way through the lives of all the characters. It's a beautiful love story, with revolution, war, politics and loyalty all affecting the lives, loves and decisions of the McGregors.
M.A. Levi
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebellion as a truly amazing book. Filled with true love and romance, hate and vigor. I would give this book a 6 star rating. I fell in love with the whole story, which I believe was beautifully written and wonderfully told. The Characters had alot of passion and they were all about their clan. It kept me reading and wanting to read more about the Mcgregors.
Corinne H.
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nora Roberts knows how to keep me interested and this book definitely did that for me. I grew up watching Lifetime movies and kept seeing movies that were originally Nora Roberts books so I thought I would give her stuff a try. I am addicted to her books now.
Lauribooks
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bueno, este libro es completamente diferente de la saga de los MacGregor. Tiene lugar doscientos años antes de los demás libros y en Escocia.
Para empezar, me encantan los libros que cuentan historias que suceden en Escocia en el siglo XVIII, es uno de mis periodos históricos favoritos para leer por lo tanto podréis imaginaros lo mucho que me ha apasionado esta novela. Algo que me ha fascinado es que no se centra tan solo en la historia de amor como pasaba en los otros libros (si que tiene un pap
Renae
Did you like Outlander? Great, because you'll love Rebellion. This older title by the prolific Nora Roberts is full of Scottish pride, featuring an arrogant English earl and a fiery laird's daughter. The timeline is right around the Battle of Culloden, and the hate-to-love trope is done quite excellently here. Roberts manages to infuse the novel with a lot of historical detail and political maneuvering without bogging down the primary love story. I really liked this book.
Regan Walker
Superb Storytelling of the Rising of 1745 and a Love That Would Not be Denied

Serena means to hate Brigham but ends up
İnci Puyan
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it

Kapaktan da anlaşıldığı üzere bir tarihi aşk kitabıydı. İskoç ve İngilizlerin karmasıydı.

Ve asıl önemli olan da yazarın Nora Roberts olması... Bu kadının çok güzel güncel aşk romanı yazdığına tanık oldum. MacGregor ailesinin aşklarını okuduktan sonra tarihi aşk kitabını ve serininde yeni kitabı olduğunu görünce alıp okuyayım dedim ve kadının tarihi aşkı da çok güzel yazdığını gördüm. Kadın tek kelimeyle mükemmel bir yazar.

Karakterler arasındaki diyaloglar
Lucy Qhuay
Well, I was a bit disappointed with this book.
But whatever, when you read a book by Nora Roberts you either like it or you think that it is far from your expectations.
Rebellion tells us the story of Serena MacGregor and Brigham Langston.
Serena/Rena is a fiery Scottish lass who, at the age of 8, wacthes as a bunch of English soldiers enter her house and attack her mother. From that moment on, she learns to loathe the English "pigs".
Brigham Langston is English and he is the best friend of Coll Ma
Julie
Brigham Langston, Earl of Ashburn, was nothing but a hated English Lord to Serena MacGregor, and she swore that was all he would ever be. Her fear had fed her hatred for the English for many years. So when her younger brother, Coll, arrived back home from a long military duty with not just any Englishman, but a friend and nobleman, Serena is much less than civil. The shock of her beauty is soon replaced by the shock of her foul temper and bitter tongue, and Brig is determined to meet her challe ...more
Lance
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Historical In the Nora Roberts Fashion!

I love the history of the time in Scotland when Bonnie Prince Charles from the house of Stuart attempted to take his rightful place on the throne! This book is English and Scottish History which takes place in the year 1746' I believe! When I finished this book I found to my delight that she has written books about the clan probably in to modern day! Very ready to read her next book!
BJ Rose
Feb 28, 2009 rated it liked it
This is a good historical fiction, but falls really flat as a romance. Serena's mindless hatred of all things British goes on for much too long -Brigham was her brother's best friend, which should have counted for something, AND his grandmother was Scottish. My sympathy was all with the hero - I'm not crazy about a romance that goes directly from 'I hate you' to 'I love you' without even a pause for 'I like you'

Marlene S. Luchenbill

Serena was A very bold girl and woman. The love in the story was wild. I hated the wars and know the Scots tried so hard. . I hated the wars and know the Scots tried so hard.
millie wilson
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not LAST, I HOPE,

This first "Historical" Romance ranks right UP THERE" with the contemporaries on Nora Roberts list of fabulous stories....and I want to read AT LEAST three more.....as "follow ups" to "Rebellion! Come ON, Msg. Roberts....keep ON with Scotland.....AND A
Erica,
Yumru
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Bir birleri ile olan kavgaları eğlenceliydi ama kitabın akışı biraz yavan geldi,yani bir şeyler eksikti.Yada çok beklenti ile okudum,bittiğinde bumuydu dedim...
Pooja
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I thought I had finished the MacGregor series and this book came out of the fold, ready to be the last one read, though completely out of order.

The story takes place in the 1700s, introducing ancestors of the MacGregors, mainly Serena MacGregor and her beau-to-be Brigham Langston. In a stark contrast to Serena's nephew Ian's love story, this one actually has potential as it starts out with enough backstory to give Serena and other secondary characters proper foundation.

As usual with the MacGre
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Prince Kidnaps a Bride (Lost Princesses, #3)
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • My Wicked Enchantress
  • Cherished (Deveraux Trilogy, #3)
  • Dead of Night
  • The Mistress (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy, #2)
  • Tamed by a Laird (Galloway Trilogy, #1)
  • Reckless (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • Castles (Crown's Spies #4)
  • Uncommon Vows
  • The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3)
  • Hawk's Way Grooms (Hawk's Way #10&12)
  • Ethan's Temptress Bride
  • An Independent Woman (Women and Men, #1)
  • The Conquest (Peregrine #2)
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • Margaret (Sunfire, #27)

The MacGregors (9 books)
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • The MacGregor Brides (MacGregors, #6)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors, #8)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #9)
“There is no disgrace in staying behind, not when it's the right thing.” 7 likes
“She like you.' The fact pleased Malcolm, as if he often trusted the opinions of animals over those of people.” 2 likes