Start by marking “The Master's Quilt” as Want to Read:
The Master's Quilt

Read Book

The Master's Quilt

(Giants in the Earth #1)

The life of Deucalion Quinctus, Commander of the Garrison under Pontius Pilate, is changed forever by the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, by his sudden love for the beautiful outcast, Esther, and by a bundle of parchments given to him by a mysterious stranger.

Events surrounding the Christos trigger an avalanche which threatens empires–the relent
Published August 1st 2003 by Morningstar Publications (NC) (first published June 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Master's Quilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master's Quilt

Start your review of The Master's Quilt
Tim Blake
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was captivated by the book when it first was written and was glad it found it's way back into publication. Michael's writing and story is captivating and his research is evident as he paints the picture with the drama in the story. ...more
Chris Wiseman
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rethinking life beyond the tomb

I've been a Christian my entire life and have heard and read the biblical stories of the resurrection of Jesus. But I had never thought beyond the disciples for what life was like.

This book picks up just after the resurrection and looks into the life of the rulers, both the Sanhedrin & the Roman rulers, from the viewpoint of a Roman Praetorian guard. This guard having been the one who pierced the side of Jesus with his sword.

The daily life and struggles of new bel
Donna
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written, inspiring story of the soldier who thrust the sword into the side of Jesus on the cross.
Peter  Younghusband
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is one very beautiful story. My spirit soared like an eagle reading this novel. This is the third novel of Michael J Webb I have read and the third where he exhibits his flair for a well-constructed plot and well written prose. This particular novel is written beautifully, it is elegant, simple yet complicated, romantic yet full of drama. Webb’s writing style immediately engages you and transports you to this era. Every day when I picked up where I left off previously, I was transported to ...more
Victoria Brinius
Every Sunday at church I say the Creed and know that it was under Pontius Pilate that Jesus was killed. This book's character Deucalion was very interesting to me. It was also interesting to read about some of the Bible stories, that I know so well, told in a different way. There are so many people in the Bible that this author wrote about that I know he did a lot of research. He brings up Moses and others, and he includes them in his story line. In the beginning of the book there are a lot of c ...more
Larry B Gray
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Master's Quilt by Michael J Webb is an excellent historical novel dealing with the life of several players in the drama of Jesus' crucifixion and the immediate years that followed.

The author did a great job of storytelling, developing a story that is both intriguing and sticks to what few historical truths are known of this period. The story was both realistic and easy to follow. I found it hard to put this book down once I started reading it.

Michael J Webb did an excellent job of developing
 Northern Light
In this book the author tells a fictional story about the man who pierced the side of Jesus at the crucifixion.

At first I found this book very disjointed and hard to follow but I'm glad I persevered as I soon became caught up in what seems to be a real story.

Deucalion finds himself torn between his role in eliminating the followers of Jesus while increasingly believing in Him.

Although fiction this book reads true and gives an insight into what it must have been like for Christians in the early
Stefano
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Christian fiction and Michael J. Webb writes very good Christian fiction.
In this first episode of the Giants in the Earth trilogy we are immersed in a story spanning two thousand years. The battle between good and evil is narrated with a rich plot and we follow the main character Deucalion Quinctus in the days of the death of Christ and we can almost feel the tension of being witnesses of those crucial days for humanity.
After reading this first volume I could not wait to know the rest of
Stanley
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed reading this book. I have always wondered about the various back stories surrounding the biblical characters and this hit the spot. Do you like the "Paul Harvey" version of news stories, you'll like this book. Although fiction, it could have happen this way. I did not find any significant contradictions of scripture, but I did find a desire for more of this story line. This was a good read. ...more
Jay Storey
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating depiction of events surrounding the crucifixion of Christ under Roman Occupation. The story centers around Deucalion Quinctus, Commander of the Garrison under Pontius Pilate, who struggles to come to terms with his involvement in Jesus' death, and with visions he experienced at Jesus' tomb during the resurrection.

Well written, with good characters and a good story line. Not really my cup of tea, but highly recommended for anyone with an interest in the history of that era.
Sally Beaudean
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Master's Quilt is a fictional story about the Roman soldier that pierced the side of Jesus, guarded the tomb, and eventually became a believer. I think Michael Webb has created a believable story -- after all, miracles do happen. I really liked reading about Pilate and his motives before and after giving the execution order. It's a good, quick read. ...more
Gail Bigelow
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I learned a lot more about the culture during the time of Jesus. A wonderful fiction well-researched and believable on how the crucifixion and ministry of Christ changed the world and why.
Kelly Liberto

• Island of the Blue Dolphins
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Far Pavilions
  • The Far Pavillions, Volume 2
  • Secrets at Cedar Cabin (Lavender Tides, #3)
  • Love by the Letter (Unexpected Brides, #0.5)
  • An Auctioned Bride (Highland Heartbeats, #4)
  • Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity
  • Not for Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade—and How We Can Fight It
  • Fatal Strike
  • The Definitive Guide to the Prophetic: God’s Gift for You and the Church
  • How to Be a Redhead: A Guide to Beauty, Skincare, Hair Care, Fashion and Confidence From the Sisters Who Started the Red Hair Revolution
  • The Divinity Code to Understanding Your Dreams and Visions
Michael Jack Webb graduated summa cum laude from the University of Florida and obtained his J.D. from the same university. Over the past forty years he has travelled the world in search of adventure.

Michael is a history buff, both ancient and modern, and is fascinated by the intersection of the scientific, supernatural, and Biblical world views. He's studied and taught from the Bible for more than

Giants in the Earth (3 books)
  • The Nephilim Parchments (Giants in the Earth #2)
  • The Song of the Seraphim (Giants in the Earth #3)

News & Interviews