Start by marking “Down Highways in the Dark...By Demons Driven” as Want to Read:
Down Highways in the Dark...By Demons Driven

Down Highways in the Dark...By Demons Driven

Legends and old wives tales hold a truth–but we've forgotten the chaos that lies behind them.

Strange worlds and creatures lie all around us. Humanity was once a slave, and is still the prey of creatures no one dreamed existed. The universe is much darker and stranger than we can ever imagine.

Our world borders a multiverse and the walls are dangerously thin. Now, it is coll
Published August 1st 2015 by Permuted Press

To ask other readers questions about Down Highways in the Dark...By Demons Driven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down Highways in the Dark...By Demons Driven

Start your review of Down Highways in the Dark...By Demons Driven
midnightfaerie
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: brain-candy
This captivating book held me enthralled through the end. The beautiful but horrific imagery was what I loved most about it, Henk, once again, not failing to disappoint in his unique ability to terrify and entrance his audience. His somewhat abstract writing keeps me guessing as to where the story is going and I'm never bored because of it. The only reason this book didn't receive five stars was because perhaps in his still young career, the small aberrations I noticed went undetected by the aut ...more
S.C. Parris
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A collection of insanely vivid stories with a common theme of wrongness etched across their faces.

Dan Henk has crafted a grand look at another world, one just outside our own, where many familiar fears and trials (as in the things we humans have nightmares about) lurk.

My favorite stories were "Small Spaces In Time" and "Christmas is Cancelled."

The former dealt with getting lost in a moment of time with something that seems familiar but is anything but.

The latter was, obviously, a gruesome tak
Stephanie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dan Henk has a unique way of telling a story which paints a vivid picture of everything, you feel as if you are traveling right along with the main character in this amazing world where anything can happen. I love his descriptive style and encourage anyone who enjoys science fiction to read his books.
Barbara Western
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read. The pacing and descriptions are great throughout this series of short stories. If you love Lovecraft you will want to read this.
Dan Henk
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Barbara Western
Oct 29, 2019

• Every Move You Make
  • Hand Lettering and Contemporary Calligraphy
  • Harvest Home
Dan's early career included a year and a half stint drawing political cartoons for Madcap Magazine and illustrating underground projects such as Maximum Rock and Roll. In 1997, after struggling through a violent car crash and a knife fight with a crackhead that severed the tendon on his left thumb, he attended art school. In 1998 he moved to New York City. There he produced artwork for Shai Hulud, ...more

News & Interviews