Start by marking “One Wish in Manhattan” as Want to Read:
One Wish in Manhattan

One Wish in Manhattan

It’s the most wonderful time of the year… to fall in love

With her nine year-old daughter Angel, Hayley is ready for an adventure. From hot chocolates and horse-drawn carriage rides in Central Park, to ice-skating at the Rockefeller Centre, and
Published October 2nd 2015 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about One Wish in Manhattan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Wish in Manhattan

Start your review of One Wish in Manhattan
Norah Una Sumner
"It’s the most wonderful time of the year… to fall in love.
The temperature is dropping, snow is on its way and Hayley Walker is heading for New York with one wish on her mind…to start over."

Such a wonderful story! I really enjoyed reading about Hayley and Oliver.I loved them both and their stories are extremely interesting.This book turned out to be much more serious than I originally expected it to be.Hayley and her very cute and smart daughter Angel go to New York to visit Hayley’s
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am still in shock that before this year that I have never read a Mandy Baggot book. And now as the year comes to a close she has taken me to Corfu, France and now to Manhattan at Christmas time. As anyone who has ever seen a Christmas film set in New York will know, that it is a magical city at Christmas, and in One Wish in Manhattan it was no exception.

Angel is the product of a one night stand 10 years ago, in Manhattan, between Hayley and a man called Michel. Angel has never known her dad,
Simona
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Book provided by the publisher on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

A wonderful and perfect title for this book and I have to say I expected something else, but I am really happy with what the story turned out to be.

The story follows Hayley Walker and her daughter Angel, who go to New York to see Hayley’s brother Dean. Hayley needs a new and fresh start and she wants to fulfil her daughter’s Christmas wish: to meet her dad.

That wish is not easy to fulfil, especially when it’s really ha
Kim
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, 2015, n, net-galley
I admit that I have a weakness for great Christmas stories with beautiful covers- and this book was a gorgeous festive read, set in my Number one wish list location.
Hayley is a single mum to Angel, who sounds like an adorable little girl. When she overhears her daughter wishing that she could meet her dad- she hopes that they might find out where he is when she visits her brother in New York.
The characters are so well drawn that you want to keep reading and hope for that happy ever after ending
Agi
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, favourite

So. "One Wish in Manhattan". It has such a lovely cover, right? But well, I started reading this book not expecting too much, to be honest. I was thinking, yeah, another Christmas book set in New York, will be for sure OK, but nothing more. And Oh. My. Word. How WRONG I was! This book has blown my mind and I adored every single second of it, loved all the characters, the setting and the whole idea - this book goes straight to the "My Favourites" shelf and is going to stay there FOR EVER. Well, t
Fafa's Book Corner
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Christmas, New-York, family, happiness, love.

I had very high expectations when I started this book, because I absolutely loved Made in Nashville. I was expecting the same spark, the same magic, the same sizzling romance. And this just fell a little flat for me.

It was a great book, perfect for putting a smile on your face and getting you into the festive mood. It was only my own expectations that let me down.

Angel was my favourite character, I loved her spunk and how she questioned every
Ana

Originally published on This Chick Reads

* Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review *

It's been years since I've read Ms Baggot's book, way too long I believe. When I heard she was releasing a Christmas book, I was over the moon. I absolutely adored "Strings Attached', the last book I read by Ms Baggot, and I simply couldn't wait to see Ms Baggot in Christmas style. 'One Wish in Manhattan' is released by Bookouture, which have fast become one of my favorite pub
Elaine
This story explores some highly emotional issues in an easy to read and relate to manner. Ten years ago, the eighteen year old Haley had a one night encounter which has impacted on her life ever since - that was the night she conceived her daughter, Angel. Nine year old Angel is a super bright, precocious young lady who wishes to meet her Dad. Unfortunately Hayley has no idea where he is, so when the opportunity to return to New York, staying with her brother, arises, the two jet off from Englan ...more
Marleen
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Writing a well-balanced, successful and pure romantic comedy story is a talent that only a few authors have, in my humble opinion. I’ve read many rom-coms and 85 percent are just too similar; shallow and unoriginal; except for writers like Kristan Higgins, and sometimes Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
I had never heard of Mandy Baggott and what she achieved here with “One Wish in Manhattan” is to deliver a genuinely touching and funny story that I enjoyed immensely. The characters had just enough depth
Stacey
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you normally read my blog, you'd see that I do love Mandy Baggot's novels (for evidence please see here, here, here and here) and when I got an Amazon Gift Card for my birthday, I knew straight away where I was going to spend it. On Mandy Baggot's other novels of course (as well as some others, but we'll discuss those later).

First of all, I just wanna say how beautiful all of Mandy's books are. The covers of them all are just so pretty and will make you want to pick it up. In this cover, I ad
Sharon
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
Hayley and her daughter are spending a few weeks in New York with Hayley's brother. 9 year old Angel is excited about visiting Art Galleries, Tourist Attractions, and Historical Landmarks - but little does she know that Hayley's real reason for visiting The Big Apple is to try and find Angel's father, an artist she had a one night stand with almost 10 years ago.

Wealthy CEO Oliver Drummond is under pressure at work, so much so that it's starting to affect his health. Stuck in a cycle of meaningl
Kitvaria Sarene
DNF - such an annoying male main character, I can't care at all about him (and yes im sure that'll be remedied later).
Another super rich man, who's had such a hard time...
Can get any woman, has to buy nice things to be able to live, acts like a douchebag to his employees, but if course - actually underneath it all he will surely be a nice guy..

I love easy christmas chick lit, and of course it ia predictable, but this one just doesn't catch my attention at all. The characters all felt artificia
Nic
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Mandy B.

Romance, humour, ups and downs, and all set in New York at Christmas - doesn't get better than that!

I've read pretty much all of Mandy's books, they are great when you need a break from serial killers and thrillers and want a bit of fun escapism.

It has a lead character you root for, a romance you will to happen, good guys, mean guys, a few sad twists and turns and then of course the happy ending you were wishing for.

A feel good story you can whiz through in a day.

R
Emma Crowley
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bookouture definitely excel in producing the most magical, atmospheric covers and One Wish in Manhattan is no different. Shamefully this is my first read by Mandy Baggot but honestly I devoured it and from now on will eagerly await each of her new releases whilst reading her back catalogue. In the months and weeks leading up to the Christmas season we are going to be inundated with festive reads, like many others I adore books centred around Christmas but one niggle I sometimes have is that more ...more
Bernadette Robinson
My thanks to NetGalley and the Publishers for letting me have a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review.

I gave this a huge 5 stars or 10/10. It was pure escapism and transported me from the dreary days just after Christmas in the UK to the hustle and bustle of the city that never sleeps, New York.

If you love feel good Christmassy reads, then this one fits the bill perfectly. This reminded me a little of Miracle on 34th Street, the film were one of the young lead characters is very s
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Many thanks to Hayley at Rather Too Fond Of Books, Bookouture and the author as I won an e copy of this book over on Hayleys blog as part of a give away.

One Wish in Manhattan is a wonderful story of romance that will melt any heart.

I really loved everything about this novel. The whole Christmas vibe very much comes through, throughout the novel which always makes it that bit more magical.

Hayley is a great character, she makes a brave decision to grant her daughters wish of meeting her dad who s
Thebooktrail
Travel with Mandy Baggot for a wonderful way to start over in New York

Visit the locations in the book here - Mandy Baggot Booktrail

Now I read this at a time where there was no snow on the ground and it was nowhere near Christmas but this book makes things magical! Don't wait till next Christmas to read it!

Ah New York New York, the city that never sleeps and the city of so many people that searching for your real dad is not going to be easy. At any time of year, the city is attractive to visit, b
Sandra
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Mandy Baggot and I was not disappointed. I was engrossed from the beginning even though I disliked Oliver intensely but after being assured by the author and another reader that he was not like this through the entire book I decided to give him a second chance and boy did he repay me! I love stories like this one where they are not heavy but cover serious issues and/or personal change or revelation in one or more main character and this book delivered on all of these. F ...more
Mandy Baggot
Sep 21, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm the author of this book. I really hope you enjoy it! Here's the blurb:-

Christmas: it’s the most wonderful time of the year…to fall in love

With her daughter Angel, Hayley is ready for adventure. But there’s more to New York than twinkly lights and breathtaking skyscrapers. Angel has her own Christmas wish – to find her real dad.

While Hayley tries to fulfil her daughter’s wi
Kirsty
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read a proper chicklit book, but I really loved this one! I had never read a book by Mandy Baggot, though I had several on my Goodreads to read list, I will get to them soon after reading this!

Hayley had a one night stand in New York 10 years ago, resulting in her having a little girl named Angel. She overheard Angel wishing to Father Christmas to meet her father and decided she was going to fulfill this wish.

Oliver is a billionaire who became boss of his father's compa
ضحى الحداد
it took me longer than expected to finish this book because I am travelling and there is not much time to read .. but I did finish it in the end .. it was a nice Christmas story but I had a LOT of issues with it especially the relationship between Hayley and Oliver .. I mean it felt like a fan fiction of fifty shades of grey which is a fan fiction of twilight !! .. and there was a whole scene quoted from the fifty shades book !! .. I didn't enjoy Oliver character he felt whiney and over dramatic ...more
Sheerie
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas should come in perfect packages and Mandy's One Wish in Manhattan is just that, a perfect Christmas read. Truly loveable characters of which I wish I could have been part of their lives. 5 big snowflakes ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully festive piece of escapism.

When I wasn’t reading about this book I was thinking about it. Honestly I’d be driving to work thinking about the characters like they were my real life friends.

It really was a story that everyone dreams of being a part of.

The characters were lovable and easy to connect with when I was reading I was completely transported into Hayley’s world. I was lost in the story, I totally forgot about the outside world.

I can’t wait to read more of Mandy’s books. Th
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
A wonderfully cozy Christmas read tinted with shades of Scrooge and bits of delightful British humor, One Wish in Manhattan appealed to me on so many levels. Mandy Baggot’s engaging writing style makes those 434 pages feel like merely 100. Drawing on everything that makes New York magical at Christmas, the story settles in around you like a warm quilt while you hang on every word. You can almost feel the snow catching in your hair as the characters tour the Statue of Liberty, stroll through Gree ...more
Petra Quelch
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yes, Mandy, I had tears streaming down my face as well as happy smile dancing on my lips as I finished reading this truly beautiful book wrapped up in a magical Christmassy wish.

The temperature is fast dropping, the snow is falling fast and enveloping the city like a wooly blanket and Hayley, and her daughter Angel are on their way to New York with one bounce to start over.
There is more to this little Christmas holiday, but there is more to New York than twinkly fairy lights and breathtaking sig
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

If I had to pick five Christmas themed novels to give to my friends this year I have to tell you that One Wish in Manhattan would be in that bundle. What an amazing, Christmas magical story this is. Every city and small town is beautiful at Christmas-time. It’s the joy of the season that brings that special glow to anywhere. But to experience Christmas in New York City has a unique magic all its own.

The story description really tells you all the basics you need
Shaz Goodwin
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I have been a fan of Mandy's writing since 2011 and it's been fabulous to have been a (very small) part of her writing career.

If you're a regular blog reader you will have seen my post about the publication party for One Wish. If you missed it you can read it here.

One Wish has become my favourite of Mandy's novels (yes, it's actually knocked Strings Attached off the top of the list)!

It was so easy to warm to and become totally engaged with Hayley, her daug
Best Crime Books & More
Oh my…..I think that because it’s the lead up to Christmas I am going crazy with the Christmas themed books and this one is no exception. I apologise to those die hard Crime, Thriller & Mystery fans, but a girl needs a break from all that! Very recently I have had the absolute pleasure of reading many Bookouture authors and it seems they have a theme going on…it’s called signing awesome authors! Having fallen in love most recently with the likes of Holly Martin and Jenny Hale as well as longer s ...more
Debbie Oxier
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one. When single mom, Hayley, overheard her daughter, Angel, wishing she could find her dad, Hayley vows then and there to make it happen. Since she's lost her job, she makes plans to go visit her brother in America. After all, New York was where she'd had the one-night stand that had produced her daughter so what better place to start looking. Perhaps she'll even make it permanent and stay if things work out as planned.

Her brother, Dean, welcomes her with open arms. He ador
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Prima regola: non innamorarsi
  • Appuntamento in terrazzo
  • Una Cenerentola a Manhattan
  • Spiacente, non sei il mio tipo
  • Molto amore per nulla
  • La verità è che non ti odio abbastanza
  • Offline
  • Residual Burn (Redwood Ridge, #4)
  • Le nostre prime sette volte
  • Siamo tutti bravi con i fidanzati degli altri
  • Conflitto di interessi
  • The Christmas Invitation
  • The Day We Meet Again
  • As Greek as It Gets
  • The Christmas Promise
  • Ho sposato un maschilista
  • The Summer of Serendipity
  • Summer at the Castle Cafe (Castle Cove #1)
Mandy Baggot is an international bestselling and award-winning romance writer.

The winner of the Innovation in Romantic Fiction award at the UK’s Festival of Romance, her romantic comedy novel, One Wish in Manhattan, was also shortlisted for the Romantic Novelists’ Association Romantic Comedy Novel of the Year award in 2016.

Mandy loves the Greek island of Corfu, white wine, country music and handba