Start by marking “Speed Reading: The Comprehensive Guide To Speed Reading – Increase Your Reading Speed By 300% Using: Speed Reading Techniques, Reading Comprehension Techniques, And Accelerated Learning Techniques” as Want to Read:

Dramatically Improve Your Reading Speed and Comprehension!
Do you hate to study? Is it slow and boring? Would you like to read faster and get more out of your study sessions?

Speed Reading: The Comprehensive Guide To Speed Reading – Increase Your Reading Speed By 300% In Less Than 24 Hours teaches you the basics of speed reading so you can get started increasing your
Published July 29th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Speed Reading, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Speed Reading

Start your review of Speed Reading: The Comprehensive Guide To Speed Reading – Increase Your Reading Speed By 300% Using: Speed Reading Techniques, Reading Comprehension Techniques, And Accelerated Learning Techniques
Rafal Szymanski
Jan 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Garbage. I'm not entirely sure how I managed to spend money on this, I must not have done my research. The book is subtitled 'Comprehensive guide to speed reading' but it consists of at most five pages of speed reading techniques. The rest is hotpot of what supplements to take for concentration, reasons why you should meditate and why speedreading is beneficial (does this really need saying? Why else would I have bought the book?). The author must have probably written this after reading an onli ...more
Carolina Liechtenstein
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has a lot more tips on reading than just eye movement and exercises. It goes into nutrition, habits and more. It helped me a lot in my schoolwork and heavy reading assignments.
Bukhari
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
One of the vaguest books on speed-reading I have ever read. There is very little technique and more on advice and reasons as to why you should speed read. In fact, there was even a chapter talking more about why you should basically read. I'm sure whoever picked this book up were already aware of those reasons.

The title of the book is very misleading: I am still trying to figure out in what way is the book comprehensive. It also assumes that your default speed reading is 200 wpm (which is not my
Fujin reads
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tanpen-shōsetsu
Every one can give it a try.
Hitessh Panchal
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Though seemed to be a collections of many blogs, it is good to converge all the blogs in one good book. Nice ! Worth a Read.
Philipp Hartmann
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a solid book about speed reading. If you are interested in the topic and want to familiarize yourself with the technique it implies, this may be very helpful. It covers some of the most basic methods for increasing your reading speed. From skimming to scanning and increasing your peripheral vision , there is a lot you can do to simply reading faster and even improve the retention of information. A great plus of this book is also that it covers physiological aspects that affect your ...more
Angeles
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is indeed content and techniques in this book, in fact, most of it is similar like the others who had been in this field. Concentration training, techniques such as Chunking, skimming and visualisations.

I do understand book publishing policies requires a certain amount of words, so it is obvious some content was drag through pages. However, I do recommend this book for whoever wants to know about speed reading.
Will
Dec 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
So Much Fluff

The book repeats itself over and over with content that is nothing life changing. You can find most of this information in a 5-minute YouTube video about speed reading. A large portion of the book is telling you why you learn to speed read and obvious reasons how it will benefit you. It was like being explained that I need to eat food so I don’t go hungry. Save your time and just look up this information online in a blog or video.
Maged Youssef
Aug 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Poor writing, I felt like the writer outsourced some articles from a bunch of freelancers!

The content is ideally similar to online articles written in this topic. The author introduced some of the speed reading techniques on the first chapters then the rest of the book is just filler articles on other topics.

Any other recommendation with methodological approaches in this topic?
Pragyesh
Dec 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Average book.

The techniques are generally a common knowledge. But it's good for beginners with around 200 wpm. Overall, slightly above average in terms of quality of content but being quite short, it's worth a try for someone in the initial stages.
cipri7329
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
improve your reading speed

the book provides interesting tips how to improve your reading. it's a book that you can quickly read.
i would not say it contains revolutionary techniques bit overall it was a good read.
Marcus
May 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Without a doubt the fastest book I have ever read!

There are some great tips and advice in this book... there is also a lot of filler.
If you follow the tips provided however, you will fly right through the irrelevant information in no time at all.
Jackanthony
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy steps

Highly recommend this read for those who want to self improve in speed reading. Easy steps great tools and knowledge. Thanks to all who put this together.
anyelo
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recommend this book 100%

It not only tells you the techniques you need to use for speed reading but also tells you the importance of reading.
Akshay Jain
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
short practical guide. Nothing out of the world magic tricks, but reinforcing the point that it is all about practice while giving small tricks and exercises.
Kevin Jonathan
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Techniques

A small book with a good summary and key points on speed reading. Good for avid readers to learn to speed read.
Ramon Robinson
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read!

Very practical techniques on how to improve your reading speeds. I learned some new techniques I will be trying out.
Lauren
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book. Great tips

Wish I knew this stuff twenty years ago while I was studying in college. I fully intend to use this.
Harish Rani
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

Briefly covers all the ideas needed for speed reading. Practice exercises would be more helpful but can be done through other means as well. Overall great for a speedy read!
Blazus
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: productivity
Some good tips, but a lot of filler. Can be summarized in 2 pages.
Melanie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful!

This book is well-written and entertaining I can't wait to apply these skills. I'm too impatient to read for a long time, so I'm excited to start reading more!
Huié Hólos
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
One of those books that would work better as an one page article on the Internet.
A few useful straightforward tips in it are what make it deserve more than 1 Star rating.
Stafford Thompson
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Its a start to anyone wondering what speeding is about.

I would recommend this book to first time speed readers. Give it a try its worth it to learn to speed read.
Noa Greénini
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
It has the main methods of speed reading, some exercises and some nice but fluffy information about speed reading and healthy habits. It got me practicing so it did something good for me at least.
Kamal Kishore
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Simple, Efficient and Effective tips
Ivonne
May 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
this book should have been a youtube tutorial (or an email)
Adkar
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hack
Gives basic techniques of speed reading.
Focus is the key. Chuck the distractions and speed reading power will be on its way!
Phillip Ssali
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Required knowledge

Straight forward & simple: this is helpful for anyone willing to increase amount of information they can process in hour. I strongly recommend it.
Vaibhav Sharma
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it
You can watch a YouTube video with everything this book has to say in 15 mins.
Adnan
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Initial few chapters are good. but rest of the book is irrelevant. The techniques mentioned in first fews chapters are good and increased my reading speed, but regarding their effect on my comprehension i think it will take some time to figure out.

• Limitless: Core Techniques to Improve Performance, Productivity, and Focus
  • Mind Map Mastery
  • The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything...Fast
  • How to Analyze People: Dark Psychology - Dark Secrets to Analyze and Influence Anyone Using Body Language, Human Psychology, Subliminal Persuasion and NLP
  • The Year Without Pants: WordPress.com and the Future of Work
  • Kokoda
  • Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader
  • The 100-Year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity
  • Decision Points
  • Freddy: The Brad Fittler Story

News & Interviews

“If you fail to plan, you’re planning to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin” 2 likes
“It’s similar to the run-walk-run method for endurance running where you don’t wait to be too tired to run before you take a walk break. By resting even before the point of mental fatigue, you extend your ability to focus intensely on the task at hand … including reading.” 0 likes