Start by marking “The Gita For Children (IN)” as Want to Read:
The Gita For Children (IN)

The Gita For Children (IN)

It's one of the oldest books in the world and India's biggest blockbuster bestseller! - But isn't it meant only for religious old people? - But isn't it very long... and, erm, super difficult to read? - But isn’t the stuff it talks about way too complex for regular folks to understand? Prepare to be
surprised. Roopa Pai's spirited, one-of-a-kind retelling of the epic conver
Published August 5th 2015 by Hachette India

To ask other readers questions about The Gita For Children, please sign up.
Vrisha I got this as a gift for my young cousin. It's a simplified version with simple concepts mostly for children but I think it's an excellent…moreI got this as a gift for my young cousin. It's a simplified version with simple concepts mostly for children but I think it's an excellent introduction to The Gita for people of any age. Very easy to comprehend. I am personally now brave enough to pick up the actual Gita. (less)

Promita Bhowmick
Got this book from the library for my 8 yr old son but realized that he is still not eligible to read this. Just when I was thinking of returning it and get another book, my husband started reading it. When he was near completion, he told me "leave whatever you reading now, and start reading this." I never thought that I will be able to read Gita because A) I am not into mythologies, and B) I always felt Gita is a very heavy book, and you need a lot of time, patience and intelligence to understa ...more
Ed Goodbooks
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anil Menon reviews the book on Goodbooks: "A.K. Ramanujan famously remarked that no Hindu reads the Mahabharata for the first time. Though the Bhagavad Gita is equally central in the Hindu’s moral imagination, I suspect few have read it even once. Roopa Pai’s book should help in correcting this state of affairs. It is a retelling of the Bhagavad Gita with a focus on teenagers. She has undertaken no small task, and for the most part, succeeded very well." Click here to read the full review: http: ...more
Aishwarya
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good stuff.. got it for my little niece and ended up reading it myself :) Of course almost all of us know the plot but i liked the writing style. It’s presented in a clear no fluff way without losing personality.. There are bulleted summaries which were surprisingly refreshing to read. All in all, don’t let the title put you off.. if you like your Gita you’ll enjoy it.
Tejal Daftary
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The clarity and simplicity of the book qualifies it as most recommended and must read for children and adults.
Dhruv Kumar
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grateful!

I'm grateful to Roopa to so beautifully and simply present a text that has always appeared so daunting. I bought this book for my son to read, but I found it too found it really engaging ... And it has inspired me to further study this book of great wisdom about life and the art of living! Thank you, Roopa.

Ramya
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have always wanted to try and explore The Gita. But never did it work. Thanks to Roopa Pai you made it. It's not only for children. I felt its for adults too. Wonderful and simple writing. Hats off Roopa and once again thank you for making me to understand our great Gita.
Himanshu
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update 1 : Re-Reading it . I feel it's one of the better take on GITA with simplistic examples and with great way of representation ( pictures and boxes) etc. I rarely re-read book until its special Will update the review as and when I complete more of it
Sunny
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I can say that it is one of the most interesting books I have ever read. I don't think if I would have ever read Gita if this book wasn't there. It is a very easy read and helped me relate to my personal life and its challenges. A must read book that I would highly recommend to everyone.
Perminder Dua
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very nicely written. meaning of gita in modern world is explained in simple ways.
Ravi
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Krishna tried his best to convince Arjuna to fight against his own brothers citing many examples
which we can relate to our every day life, Roopa Pai's narration crisp and neat!
Makesh
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Eventhough the book is titled for Children.. I liked the way the book presented the GITA.
Rosie Murphy
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic introduction to the Gita, even for adults, especially those with as little familiarity as me. I feel like I finally have the foundation to read the text itself.
Abhijith Balakrishnan
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
How many times has one heard that The Bhagavad Gita is the solution to the problems in life. Well, I have heard it many times. And I always knew, it probably had answers to a lot of questions. But I never brought myself to read the Gita. And the few occasions when I took the thick volumes to try and keep up with my wish to read the Gita, I just couldn't bring myself to reading or re reading a few verses that were familiar.
I picked up The Gita for Children thinking it would be one of those easy
Avinash Pandey
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
May u escape the procrastination under the garb of complexity which so far has eluded you the privilege of understanding the Supreme Lord's words of crystallised wisdom.
To do your duty with single minded focus and great sincerity, without worrying about the results of the work.Krishna says universe will reward single minded devotion to a cause, hence choose your cause wisely.
It's better not to depend upon anyone or anything for your happiness. Not to blame anyone for your unhappiness.The thing t
Vivek
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Bhagavad Gita was one book or rather vortex I had never entered fearing a chakravyuha of complex philosophies and confusing interpretations. This book has for the kids simplified the lessons using examples of daily young adult life and tried to keep the religious concepts as simple as possible. certainly a great way even for adults to immerse oneself into the undeniable wisdom of the ancient literature.
Ramakalyan Ayyagari
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is awesome to read about a great epic and its subtleties through the eyes of a child in its own language. For a while I have become a boy. I remember a nice quote, which I often use in my linear algebra courses - A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points (by Alan Kay, a computer scientist) .

True, we need to unlearn to learn and this book helped me do it. I do not want to give any extracts here, lest the potential reader would lose interest.
Nagarajan Narayanan
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Though this book is slated for children, the adults can do well to refer to it for some basic ideas. What is appealing about the work is the pleasant pace of explaining the concepts with very practical examples. Our understanding of the Gita will be better once we have read this book.
Mohit Pawnday
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
excellent take hopefully it's revised and updated and made better has the potential to be the essential book in each house .should be called the Gita a book for children of all ages .Am enjoying reading it to my daughter .hopefully the paperback has a better quality reprint
Shrinidhi Venkat
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hats off to Roopa Pai who has made the book very interesting :) .. Reading it was like spirituality and science taking a cup of coffee in a cold place !!
Manish Shetty
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
The greatest conversation of all from one of most epic Indian story.

A lot of insights and knowledge, some did enlighten me and some were too intellect for my limited intelligence.

Riya Agarwal
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Swapnil Waikar
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must be read by every adolescent child.
Before that by their parents too.
This book will clear their mindset about adults and what they should do in future
Sudeep Lahiri
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant first introduction to The Gita, it's really needs to re-title itself to "Your first Gita"!
Bookvook
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written , beautifully detailed and amazingly simplified. though the title says for children but my recommendation is everyone should.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Though the book is meant for children (as mentioned in the title), this book talks about Gita in terms of knowing about oneself.
Dharmit Shah
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Reviewing books is not my cup of tea. So this "review" is about what/how I felt while reading this book and not really a review.

I started the year 2018 by reading "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" and ended it with "The Gita for Children". Put together, I learned a LOT from these books.

After having read only a few pages of "The Gita for Children" it seemed to me that The Gita is more about the way of life than religion. It's the one book that can replace a number of self-help books on the sh
Katelyn Haskins
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was assigned this book—along with Stephen Mitchell’s new translation of the traditional
text— during a yoga teacher training. I am a grownup, but as someone with limited background knowledge in Hindu culture and mythology, this was an excellent, easy to absorb first read of the sacred text and helped me to understand and contextualize the message of the Gita in a modern world. At one point in the book, the narrator makes an offhanded comment about Arjuna’s frustration because “logical arguments
Gowri N.
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been trying to read various versions of the Gita without much success—until I found an Instagram post recommending this book. Though it is meant for tweens and teens, it is an excellent read for anyone who is interested in being introduced to the Gita.

More philosophical than religious, the Bhagavad Gita poses and answers many existential questions. And for the first time, I feel like I understand it! I like how every argument or counter-question I had was also asked by Arjuna. The author Ro
Gaurangi
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Gita For Children! .

I always wanted to read Gita. But to contemplate it was a together task. Here I came across this book by Rroopa.pai Who made my task so simple.

Good luck finding the Krishna inside you - it won't be easy, but they say He is totally worth it! ❤

The epic conversation between Lord Krishna and Arjuna is so well explained over here. If you feel it's way to complex to understand Gita.. then I'm sure by reading this book you gonna change your mindset.

Worth reading again and again.
Jayapradeep Jiothis
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you want to introduce your to the Management book spoken by the ultimate coach Krishna , there is no better way that Roopa's " The Gita For Children". She deliberately avoids the Vedanta and the Philosophy part of Gita and puts across the message in simple Values which will ring a bell with children(especially preteens) ..In fact this would be an ideal book for even elders who want a quick primer on Gita

• The Bhagavadgita
  • Towards the silver crests of the Himalayas
  • Vanara- The legend of Baali, Sugreeva and Tara
  • Indian Art
  • Nationalism
  • The Spirit in Man, Art and Literature (Collected Works 15)
  • The Girl Who Ate Books: Adventures in Reading
  • Basic Patternmaking in Fashion
  • Barthes for Beginners
  • Ayn Rand Reader
  • Immortal India: Articles and Speeches by Amish
  • Shadow Crossing (Shielder #4)
  • The Kitemaker: Stories
  • MBA at 16
“18. (a) It is not your parents, or your work, that defines you. Your nature does. (b) Stay true to your nature, and you will be happy.” 1 likes
“Isn’t it very hard to accept or reject every pair of opposites, especially since our entire world is made up of them? You bet it is. But one simple way to start on the long, long journey there is to stay completely focused on the work at hand, whatever that work may be – studying for an exam, helping your parents around the house, taking care of a cranky grandparent, researching a science project with teammates you don’t get along with… Don’t think about how disagreeable the work is, don’t wonder what the point of it is, don’t worry about whether it will bring you the rewards – or the failures – that you hope, or dread, that it will. Instead, put your head down and ‘Just do it’. Eventually, the work itself will become the purpose, and you will not care about the results. The work itself will become the reward, and you will stop looking outside it for rewards.” 1 likes