Start by marking “The Undays of Aralias Lyons” as Want to Read:
The Undays of Aralias Lyons

The Undays of Aralias Lyons

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Don’t miss K.L. Horvath’s compelling time travel fantasy with talking beasts, iron monsters, otherworldly creatures and a desperate father!

For centuries the great Houses of Time have watched over the mythical creatures, those who manipulate the past for their own ends and humankind. But now the houses have dwindled and few are left who remember the mandates. One, in fact,
Published by Booktrope (first published May 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Undays of Aralias Lyons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Undays of Aralias Lyons

liked it 3.00  ·

Megan  (YABookers)
I received this free from the author in exchange for an honest review

Aralias can move back in time. He is a traveller. Clara Heartwell is a widow and an archaeologist who crosses paths with Aralias when he comes to return a lost relic that was given to her. Together they work together to save his son Jack who was kidnapped by a mad who wants power over time. They are faced with many dangers along the way.

The Undays of Aralias Lyons was an OK read. It is set in the Victorian Era, with a steampunk
Zoe Hartgen
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Received as an ARC from Netgalley.

Not sure what to think about this one... I got confused easily so had to keep reading previous parts. I didn't particularly care for any of the characters, and if I was to ever meet Aralias I'm more likely to slap him than hug him!!!!
Saying that though, it was a quick paced read. And the idea of the book was a good one, shame the flow of it was bit... Iffy is the only word I can think off!!

Daisy
Sep 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Quality Rating: Two Stars
Enjoyment Rating: Three Stars

◆ Thank you NetGalley for this eBook copy for review ◆

Going into this knowing pretty much nothing other than it involved time travel, The Undays of Aralias Lyons ended up being an entertaining read - but not necessarily one I would pick up if I could go back in time myself.

The biggest thing that stuck out about the writing in this book was the fact it felt like I'd been thrown into the middle of the story. Knowing not a lot about this to star
Madeleine
Sep 24, 2015 rated it liked it
**Thank you to Booktrope for providing me with a digital ARC of this novel via NetGalley for the purposes of review**

I truly wish I were able to post half-stars because this is certainly a 3.5/5-star book for me because of the novel’s inconsistency. It’s a novel of extremes: what’s done well, is done really well; but what’s not done so well becomes a serious problem for the reader.

First, the positives: these characters are great. Truly, the team of characters assembled in this novel are such a j
Terri M.
First all thanks to Nicole over at Feed Your Fiction Addiction for bringing this novel to my attention. And two, thanks to K.L. Horvath for writing such an enchanting time travel novel and getting me out of a book slump. (And now I’m on a time travel kick.)

The Undays of Aralias Lyons grabbed my attention right away. I’m not sure what fascinates me about time travel novels, but when they are done well, as this one is, I’m sucked in and can’t stop talking about them for months.

I was immediately dr
Cherie
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aralias Lyons belongs to an eccentric family of Travelers living in 19th century England. When he meets Clara Heartwell, widowed wife of a famous archeologist, he discovers she holds a significant artifact that allows him to more precisely control time. Together they travel back in time—fighting iron dragons, poisonous marsiders, and clockwork men—in a desperate attempt to save Aralias's son Jack from the mind torture of the evil Simeon Bliss, a heinous megalomaniac with a potent desire for cont ...more
Lindsey Roberts
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Original Review Here

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

I hoped The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L Horvath would be an engaging and exciting book with all the complications of time-travel and mystical creatures. It almost was, by which I mean it had the mystical creatures and it was complicated, but other than that, it disappointed me. The Undays of Aralias Lyons read like a book full of potential that missed the point at times.

The plot in a way made sense: man mu
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an early release copy given to me from Netgalley. There might be some changes in the final copy of the book.

Aralias Lyons can fall back into time, He can't go forward (not anymore) just back.

Clara Elizabeth Heartwell is an archaeologist That provides a lot of help in this adventurous tale. She is smart and full of spirit and she is not the type of girl to sit around or run when friends are in danger.

Jack is Aralias' son. He is kidnapped by a power mad, crazy person and must be saved.
Sarah Fairbairn
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy from the Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Where to start? I guess you could say the main characters were Aralias Lyons, his son Jack, a woman by the name of Clara Heartwell, Nicholas Seraph and the bad guy of the story, Simeon Bliss. Bliss had minions and Aralia’s also had other family members in the mix. Aralias is not quite human. He is a 223-year-old traveler. A guardian of the rotating sun. A traveler of time. His son Jack starts the story out at 9, but becomes 14
Tracey
Jul 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
I tried a few times to break into this book, and was thwarted every time. The writing was awkward ("Her gaze was not transfixed on him") ("Six magnificent thoroughbreds snorted at the reins like a strange engine") and sometimes pedantic ("it’s not a pistol. It’s a Colt .45 revolver"; definition of revolver: "pistol with revolving chamber"), and remarkably unenlightening. It felt like the writer chopped off several introductory chapters – or lost a whole previous book; I had no idea what was supp ...more
Jantine
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.

'The Undays of Aralias Lyons' is quite a lengthy novel. Most of the time I quite liked it; not in the wow kind of liking it, but the writing was done well, and I was thoroughly taken in by the events in the story.

Certainly towards the end it did seem to put events and action together, without making it into a story. It might also have been the jumping throught time over and over again that made me feel this way a little more
Rachel Chiapparine
Dec 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
I was blessed enough to be approved by NetGally to receive a free ebook copy of this book in exchange for my honest review which as follows:

In my personal opinion this book was so disjointed and hard to follow that even the parts of the story that I started to like were ruined by the next paragraph, page, or even a few times the very next sentence. Overall I personally rate this book a 1/10.
Teri
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Now this was interesting and a lot of fun. I actually enjoyed the story after a slow start. Great characters and story line it all flowed well except when the romance was thrown in. But lots of fun and excitement!
Mikey
rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2016
K.L. Horvath
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
K.L. Horvath
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hyzie
Kirk
Apr 07, 2016
SD
Apr 10, 2016
I have loved writing since I was able to hold a crayon and that's no joke. I wrote poems to my grandmother when I was five. These days I’m prone to write whatever strange twists of thought lead me to marvel at the world. I love writing about interesting quirky characters and throwing them into diabolical situations just to see how they get out of them. I find magicians, angels, androids and time t ...more