Start by marking “The Five Warriors” as Want to Read:

(The Four Worlds #1)

What if... your best friend started a rebellion in the middle of a war? your lover awakened a deep evil and helped it grow? your people were too cowardly to face a battle? you stole an ancient power source? you gambled with the fate of the world?
Published September 9th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Five Warriors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Five Warriors

Katrina Ford
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an exciting debut novel in a new series that promises to be a treat for fantasy lovers everywhere. The story follows five companions in their journey to save their world while struggling against time, unearthly powers, and their own fears and secrets. Filled with rich descriptions of a mystical world this adventure is full of twists and turns and hints of more to come.
Jessica Mitchell
The five warriors

This is a awesome fantasy adventure.
The epic battle of good versus evil. With more twists and turns than poison ivy vines. Five warriors from different cultures and worlds. They may have to try to save the world. Between the secrets that they find and the ones they have of their own. Which would be worse somethings. Until all comes out nothing and nobody is safe till these five save the world from is own demise.
David Kristoph
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just based off the free excerpt, this book is an extremely promising debut from a talented author. If the rest of the book is as good as the sample, then I'm excited to see Ford's future work. Looking forward to its release!
Annie Ford
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This exciting adventure story is a must read for all lovers of fantasy fiction!
Lana
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The five warriors, heroes one and all, all with their own strengths and magically infused weapons. Alaireia the fearless female warrior, a terror with her blinding light sword, Marklus the healer, bringing his friends back to life even when they nearly cross over, Legone the swift who at times appears to be a traitor but who fights for his love and her people, Starman who lost his family, thought he was a nobody but fell in love and fought for his new family who gave him strength and belief in h ...more
Selene Kallan
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Review:
I'm a sucker for epic adventures, and The Five Warriors is definately one. Angela J. Ford takes her reader into a trapping world, so different and yet so similar from our own. The land is ill, people are being killed, and sometimes even worse. It is the crusade of our heroes to restore balance and vanquish an evil so great the immortals prefer to back down.
The characters are very well designed. Each with a dark past, a heavy load of grief, and a reason to fight on the war. Picking my favo
Raychel
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is off the hook!!! I loved everything about this book. This book should be made into a television series. The author is that good. I found it difficult to drop the book, and I was so sad to see it end.
The way the author blended past and present events is so on point. You can't predict what happens next. I wan, who would have imagined Legone had a wife!!! The intrigues, the suspense, the deciets, the secrets and half truths. This book has it all.
The books goes beyond fantasy to speak
Bill Tillman
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Five Warriors

I have sat on reviewing this story, because I did want to rant about what I didn't like about it. The good: a real saga taking the good guys into one danger after another. The bad: the personalities of the heroes did not win me over. The villain was almost invisible, his henchmen were awful in a mob of badness.
Brian Mann
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well written brilliant could not put it down. Thanks for a good read
Slb
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book jumps right in introducing some great characters and as they collect warriors, one sees or reads a lot about the condition of, the very different terrain, and it's peoples. Suspenseful because even the warriors don't know what to expect. Well written and intriguing. Skirmishes and fights. Also some wonderful gifts from the peoples of the land to advance the fight and keep the fighters safer. Wisdom to end the villain. The final battle of peoples armies vs the villains army. Some roman ...more
Georganne
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story was thrilling. Full of action, adventures and many mysteries. The people, animal and monsters created were so imaginative. The descriptions were impressive. It was so interesting to see how the characters came together as a unit with a common cause - saving their world. Did I love this book? A definite YES!
Jackie
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fabulous fantasy story for a beginner series. An interesting story of five companions. Once you get to the end, you just want more. Appreciated getting an ARC
Stephanie
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book! Many characters for you to choose a favorite! Travel all over the world with them to see what is out there!
E.P.
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
"The Five Warriors" follows five warriors on a mission--some more reluctantly than others--to save their world from the an evil immortal being. Only some of them may be working for the enemy...

Like "The Blended Ones," the second book in this series (but which I read first), the world-building in "The Five Warriors" borrows elements from Tolkien and Brooks, but is marked by an exuberant imagination that gives it its own stamp. The characters race from adventure to adventure, roaming through wildl
Ashley Aponte
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story and the characters in it were well written. The story follows 5 warriors, telling the story of how they come together to fight a common threat. This was a unique, and adventurous story that kept me reading. I'm eager to read the next book in this series.

The Mysterious Reader
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a highly imaginative quest tale with very strong lead characters and a well crafted supporting cast (both friend and foe). The plot is well written and full of thrills and adventure. Really, if you're in the mood for a high quality fantasy adventure you can't go wrong with this one. I expect that it's the start of a strong series and am happy to recommend it.
Tina
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very epic fairy tale. Five warriors thrown together by accident or is it on purpose? Alairia, Marklas, Crinte, Starman and Legone are on a quest to defeat the dark forces coming from the Northeast. The all have their tricks but they all have secrets too. There are monsters everywhere, epic battles and discoveries they never expected.
I really got into this story. It is very well written. Ms. Ford has a way of describing scene and events that pull you into the story. Her fight scenes were descri
Roderick Baxter
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Story, but...

Angel J Ford, has packed a lot into this book. It is fast paced. The narrative is imaginative. The characters are real. The plot is busy. The story was entertaining and kept me turning the pages. However, I found myself distracted by the number of grammatical errors. Errors that could be fixed, by a good bit of proof reading. An editor with a sharp red pencil would help, too.
In the end, it was an enjoyable read. I am looking forward to the next in the series.
Ashley (Reads by Ashley)
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book in exchange for an honest review by the author. This five warriors had a life in their own hands, to save the world they live in. I may have some issues on reading it, for some personal reasons. BUT I FINALLY GOT TO FINISH IT! Reading this book made me want to go in some adventures with friends. This book talks about a five friends who gather in a field were Ackhor trains a bunch of people to fight for there in his side of the land. But something bad happen an Crinte has dec ...more
Shayla Raquel
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's difficult to find authors who are so involved with their characters that they treat them as if they're real people—Angela J. Ford accomplished this and so much more with The Five Warriors. As I read the book, I could tell that she had put probably years of work into creating them. I actually heard that she came up with the story a long time ago for her sisters and she went back to the story to make a full-length novel, so this has definitely been in the works for a while. Fantasy genre is m ...more
Chrisette Trevino
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
The story of the 5 warriors that came together to save the Western world is one of constant challenges, death, life & dreams of tomorrow. It starts off a little slow as each warrior is introduced but the pace quickens as they are brought together. Magic plays a big part on both sides of the conflict. The author has a very interesting & well put together story.
Pat Raab
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A little band of fighters, their determination to save the world their greatest strength, go head on against the great evil that wants to gain dominion over everything. An epic tale.
Jessica Bronder
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An immortal evil has risen and it is up to five warriors from the four worlds to fulfill a prophecy. Alaireia, Marklus, Legone, Starman, and Crinte have their own battles and wounds. They are not a perfect group but they are going to learn to work together. But are they all really going to fulfill the prophecy. It seems that someone in the group is going to do everything they can to stop their little group.

You have a world of diverse people that are going to have to come together to save the Wes
Alice
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the greatest journeys you've ever had!

If you don't believe me yet keep reading.

So, you're seeking for an epic adventure with all this non-human stuff, magic, noble goals and other pretty things as a love, a debt, and, of course, big little lies. The good news is you will have all of this right here, in The Five Warriors book. As you already know we have here five the greatest warriors who brave enough to start the most difficult quest in their lives - to get to other side and win
Michelle
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

I'm an avid reader and rarely give a book 5 stars. This book wrapped me up in its amazingly descriptive words and I was transported into another world and story I couldn't get enough of. I am very thankful there are more books in this series and I can't wait to get started. So I must go for now, but not before saying, "Bravo Angela, very impressive, thank you for sharing your talent with the world."
Bonnie
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderful Tale

At times reminiscent of the Odyssey. Other moments remind me of treks in LotR. This epic tale has strong characters, intertwined worlds and a epic journey to save those worlds. And fear not, the battles are truly engrossing as you cheer for the five warriors. Take the time to sit back and enjoy this journey as the five warriors trek through the four worlds to rally forces and defeat Sarhorr so that the people groups can return to a more peaceful time.
Peter Carlstrom
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.

Very interesting and cleverly told story of assembling 5 warriors for a quest against forces of evil. There is an unexpected romance, magic, friendships. loyalty tested in the deadly journey leading up to spectacular battle for the survival of the world. I thought the writing was at times tedious and the events irrelevant to the plot.
Jean Hillsgrove
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tricked

This is NOT Angela's fault but Amazon. I have two of the Four World books plus the Four Worlds. This is becoming a real problem and a waste of money. They don't recognize when you but the Series and tell you Not to buy the books one at a time. This KEEPS happening and I'm getting tied of Amazon's games At my expense. People beware!
Kaj Samuelsson
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an adventure. I usually do not buy the first book in a series when there are so many series where the first book is for free, but for this one I made an exception and bought it, and I am glad I did. It is action packed, it is about survival and overcoming the impossible. I almost forgot to breathe.
Jimothy McTavish
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Stopped reading at about 100 pages. It's a bit wordy, but not unreadably so; however the character development is slow and lacklustre.

I think I'm in a no-bullshit mood, after reading the excellent Chronicles of Breed. Might pick The Five Warriors back up at some point in the future.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Prophecy of Darkness (Legends of the Tri-Gard, #1)
  • The Confectioner's Guild (The Confectioner Chronicles, #1)
  • Endless Heart (Heart, #3)
  • The Vaga (The Kuthun, #2)
  • Yesterday's Body
  • Beasts and Savages
  • The Brain Vault (Stephanie Chalice Mystery #3)
  • Shades of Desire (Jude Magdalyn, #2)
  • Neron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1)
  • The Genie's Witch (The Djinn Series, #1)
  • A Real Pickle (Classic Diner #6)
  • Dremiks
  • Moon Crossed: The Complete First Season (Crescent Hunter #1)
  • Circles in the Dust
  • Stolen
  • Divided (Alliance, #4)
  • Hidden Voices (Tess Schafer-Medium, #2)
  • The Amber Isle (Book of Never, #1)
Angela J. Ford is an imaginative and entertaining writer who creates stories of fanciful worlds that enable young adults to confidently believe in possibilities and overcome differences to be stronger together.

Born in Ann Arbor, MI, and raised in Alabaster, AL. After high school, she moved to Nashville, TN, where she currently resides, to pursue a degree in Music Business at Belmont University.
Alt

The Four Worlds (4 books)
  • The Blended Ones
  • Eliesmore and The Green Stone (The Four Worlds Series)
  • Eliesmore and the Jeweled Sword (The Four Worlds Series Book 4)