Start by marking “Gaia (Wings of War #2)” as Want to Read:
Gaia (Wings of War #2)

Gaia (The Wings of War #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  445 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
***Look for the third book in the Wings of War series, TEMPTEST, in February 2016!***

Watchers and Angels are at war. Which side will Ember choose?

Humankind is on the precipice of the apocalypse.

As the Demons grow bolder and the walls between the planes of existence weaken, Ember is forced to develop her powers as quickly as possible, and she seeks out a powerful earth Wa
Published August 3rd 2015 (first published July 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Gaia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gaia

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
Paula
I mentioned in my review of Embers that it was one of the best Angel/Demons book that I have ever read and I still stand by that statement. Embers left me wanting for more that's why my hands was itching to hold and read the sequel. Like with every series that I love, I was afraid that Gaia will suffer from Second Book Syndrome. But Gaia did not disappoint, in fact, it even surpassed my expectations.

If you're like me and you admired Ember so much in the first book, you'll love her even more
Stephanie Ward
4.5 Stars

I've been dying to read this book since I finished the last one - about a year ago. The first book of the series, Embers, was phenomenal - and I was so excited to see what was going to happen next. I know that at times the first book in a series can be awesome, only to completely tank in the following installments. I wasn't really afraid of this happening with this series though - I've read several of the author's other books and they were all fantastic. Luckily, I definitely wasn't dis
Jess
Visit my stop on the tour here

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Karen Ann Hopkins and Kismet Book Touring*

Demons are running loose and Ember needs to find a new mentor to help develop and control her powers.
As Ember learns more about Watchers she also finds out more about Angels.
Can Ember trust her new mentor?
What will Ember’s position be in the upcoming battle?

Gaia was an interesting, action-packed read.
Ember was likeable but sometimes her actions contr
Ria
Full Review @http://www.abookishescape.com/2015/08...

The End, ba da boom ba da bing! BINGO BANGO!! Talk about CRAZY! Mrs. Hopkins does a marvelous job of not only starting this read with thrilling excitement she uses that very same element to bring it to a close! Is it a cliff hanger ending not per say but it is very much…OH MY Word…Did that just happen? Wow so many questions were answered and yes she has set up the next installment very nicely. This is unlike any other read that has to do with
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
Check out Such a Novel Idea for the full review.

The ending to Embers was explosive and I have been pretty excited to get this second book in my hand ever since November! Even so, I was a little fuzzy on the details, but a peruse of my review and the fact that Gaia starts right where we ended helped out so much.

This book series guys, it is SO good. The writing is well-done, the lore is fascinating and has its own twists and unique spins, and the story is uber-good. I don't know what it is about a
Kellie
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good sequel

Gaia is a complex and interesting sequel to the first book in the series. The romance between Ember and Sawyer takes a backseat to the introduction of a whole slew of rich characters and a lot of action. A very unique take on Biblical prophecy.
Michelle  Hoak
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
amazing book

What an amazing book. I hate that it ended! Ember's band of misfits go on a quest for knowledge that leaves more questions in its wake!
Katlynmae Chatfield
The story continues right where book one left off! Absolutely love that. Now Ember finds another Watcher to help her learn how to use her Earth element, I have to say I got bad vibes from the guy right from the start. Ember went back to see her brother and friend Piper that she left behind before moving to live with Ila, she didn't find either of them in good health and helped them. There is also something strange about Piper with her being sick on and off.. I wasn't even sure if she was Human.. ...more
Amanda
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with volume 1, I felt this text could have used at least 1 more round of professional edits. Even so, the errors didn't obstruct meaning or interrupt the plot. The book was a satisfying continuation of the first in the series and answered some of the questions presented in book 1.
Teresa Krones
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

It really gets you hooked and keeps it up with every chapter! I just missed How's sarcastic humor. Please don't stop writing!
Lilian
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some parts of the book annoyed me, especially the moments after Sawyer helped her so much, she kept saying things like " I can't trust him, he's a demon"
Kar Achondo
I received a free copy of this book as part of the Gaia Book Tour in exchange for my honest opinion .

OMG! This series is so freaking fantastic, you guys! I'm having a hard time reviewing this one because I'm so agghh! Why did it have to end there?! I was dreading those last few pages, I didn't want it to end because now the waiting for the next one is going to kill me!

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but me, but I tend to get suspicious when the book covers are too pretty. Like they
Joli
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating 4.5 of 5

When I finished EMBERS, book one of The Wings of War series, I couldn't wait to get the next book. Embers ended with the introduction of a new character who was POWERFUL. I needed to know what role he was going to play in Ember's life. Needless to say, he stirred it up! GAIA started out fast paced with a lot of action. Ember and her friends are placed in even more dangerous situations and have to think quickly and make life-saving decisions. My anxiety levels were high as I read t
Darcus Murray
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, ebook, arcs
Gaia is the second book in the Wings of War series by Karen Ann Hopkins. The book takes off immediately where Embers, the first book, ended and I really liked that. These books are action packed and filled with content. By starting the book off exactly where the other stopped, it allows ou to continue the story without skipping a beat, especially if you're reading the books back to back like I did.

In Embers we discovered the world of watchers and demons but, in Gaia, we're thrown headfirst into
Paola
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angels! Demons! An incredible/strong/smart/etc female main character! Wonderful writing and an interesting plot! Beyond beautiful covers! How can this be bad? (Answer: it can't and it isn't).

I'm always a little nervous about the second book in a series, especially when I loved the first book to pieces. While I enjoyed Embers just a tiny bit more, GAIA is a solid sequel. It has the same intensity and flawlessness present in the first one. It is fast-paced (which I love) and continues to develop o
Roxanne Kade
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thrilling second installment in The Wings of War series was as exciting and action packed as the first book, if not more.

Where Embers was full of mystery and suspense regarding Ember and her new found powers, as well as the compound and its inhabitants, this book saw her grow into her abilities as an extremely powerful Watcher. It also shone a light on the history that caused a rift between her kind, and was much darker, showing the devastation that threatened to tear the world apart.

This
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
I loved the cover for Embers and GAIA is just as gorgeous if not more.

It will be a year ago on the 4th of September that I finished the last page of Embers and was left completely blown away and begging for more. It was the best feeling opening my kindle app and seeing this ready for me to start and devour!

From the first page we're swept back into the world of Angel's, Demons & Watchers. A war is brewing and Ember seems to be right in the middle of it being forced to choose a side. Will she
Ingrid Foster
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This second book in the Wings of War series, is just as entertaining and compelling as the first. Fortunately, I already had books one and two so I continued reading without stopping.

Last night when I finished book two, I immediately downloaded book three. This series is amazing and extremely hard to put down. My only complaint is I haven't got a clue how the Bible scriptures fit the story, but so far, I've been more intrigued by the characters and story line to give the verses more than a pass
Sairaika Naidoo
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely fabulous, fantastic and addicting read!

Gaia has surpassed my expectations. An absolutely incredible follow-up to Embers! Watchers, demons, angels and elements - this is not to be missed! Truly outstanding read!

This Wing of War series is perfect for paranormal (especially bookish peeps who love reading about angels and demons) romance readers!

Looking forward to reading the next book, Tempest!
Candice
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gaga over Gaia!

SooooooooGooooooood!! I can't wait for the next one!! For the full review of this book series, see my blog posts, here----> http://angelsandaromatherapy.blogspot...

And here-----> https://whateverudo.wordpress.com/201...
Tammy
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read!

Action, suspense, angels, demons, and a little romance thrown in for good measure. Doesn't get any better than that. Great descriptive scenes and emotions. I don't want to wait for the next book. I want it now! Fantastic read!
Nichole
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I am slightly addicted to this series, but in an obsessive compulsive have to finish it because I started it way. It has that Twilight-esque fast-paced, predictable, but likable characters kind of thing going for it. In a good way.
Andrea Heltsley
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Another great addition to this trilogy. While I didn't love this installment, it was a well written book nonetheless. Would recommend a read if you enjoy reading ya paranormal romance. ❤❤ Four glittery stars!✨✨ ...more
Kayla
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great second book to the series. I just stumbled on the Wings Of War Series through a page on Facebook that gives away free/discounted books. I only started reading them a few days ago, and I just finished reading both! I can't wait for the next one!
Anthonia
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. The character in this book grow from the first book which was just as good as this one even more i dare say. A wonderful addition to this series and i found it inspiring. A must read .
Gwendolyn L. Oien
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was great....my only complaint is I have to wait until February 2016 to read more

It was well written and detailed a sad ending but cannot wait to read the next book of the series
Samantha
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I just ate this story up. I couldn't get enough. I picked it up every free chance I got. I love the story and the characters. This cliff hangers are killing me so I'm going to have to pick up the next one right away.
LaToya Williams
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2, is by far a better book. You can see the characters evolving nicely. I read it in about 6 hours. It is action-packed and the pacing is great. By the end of the book I was excited for book 3. Again way better than book 1.
Jane Love
Ember, Sawyer, Ivan and Horas travel to see Embers brother after the death of her mentor, will they have a demon free visit and will Embers best friend Paige be glad to see her.
Sandy Coker
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

I love the fact that the author is blending bible facts with this fictional story without being preachy. This story is epic.
Gotta get book 3
  • The Soulless Grave (The Age of the Infinite, #2)
  • Balance (The Neumarian Chronicles, #3)
  • Stormking Road (Firefly Hollow #6)
  • Witch Love (Blood and Snow, #21) (The Cindy Chronicles, #5)
  • Her Wicked Sin (Sins of Salem #1)
  • Proven (Daughters of the Sea #5)
  • Reluctance
  • Change of Possession
  • Into the Storm
  • The White Door (The Visitor's Series, #3)
  • Beacon (Ronos, #2)
  • To Have and to Harm (Remedy, #2)
  • The Dream Engine
  • Not Every Girl
  • Princess of Athelia: An Unfinished Fairy Tales Novella
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
  • Copper Phoenix (Periodic, #3)
  • The Lost Soul of Lord Badewyn (The Order of the MUSE, #3)
You can visit Karen Ann Hopkins at her website: www.karenannhopkins.com.

"I loved joining Rose and Noah during their journey in the Temptation series by Karen Hopkins."-Katie McGarry, acclaimed YA author

Karen Ann Hopkins resides in northern Kentucky with her family on a farm that boasts a menagerie of horses, goats, peacocks, chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs, and cats. Karen’s main job is home schoo
More about Karen Ann Hopkins

The Wings of War (4 books)
  • Embers (The Wings of War, #1)
  • Tempest (Wings of War, #3)
  • Eternity (The Wings of War #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands. Revelation 6:11” 0 likes