Start by marking “Charged (Saints of Denver, #2)” as Want to Read:
Charged (Saints of Denver, #2)

Charged

(Saints of Denver #2)

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Marked Men books comes the second installment in the Saints of Denver series featuring a bad girl and a by the book attorney who could be her salvation...or her ruin.

Avett Walker and Quaid Jackson’s worlds have no reason to collide. Ever. Quaid is a high powered criminal attorney as slick as he is handsome. Avett is a pink-
Published May 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Charged, please sign up.

Karen Mc
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Charged is a powerful and pulse-pounding page turner that hits the heart like a hurricane—fast, feverishly, and full of life. This tale takes you hostage, a deep immersion where fiction bleeds into reality. Charged…this story…this experience…is so raw it feels real. All-consuming. Angst-ridden. Achingly addictive.

Before I even started Charged I knew that if it stayed true to Jay Crownover’s style, it would be a rough rollercoaster of a ride to a happy ending. The best kind of romance: a messy s
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!!!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*Barnes & Noble*

5 'Wild and Sweet' Stars

Okay, so if you saw my previous thoughts on this book from before I read it then you know that I was beyond nervous about liking Avett. She was just such a brat in the other books that I was pretty positive I wouldn't like her. Which would kill me because this author is one of my favorites so I want to like everything she writes, and I didn't want a unlikable heroine to ruin the book. Well I never should have doubted Jay
Christy
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

photo 20525193_10104041623765448_6719091633898893516_n_zpswjrkj5fi.jpg
"I’m always going to jump and think the risk is worth it. That’s part of who I am.”
It’s been a while since I’ve read a Jay Crownover book. I remembered reading the first book in this series last year, so when I stumbled upon the audio book recently I decided to jump in. I remember Avett and Quaid very clearly from the first book. Quaid, the hot-shot attorney, and Avett, the younger wild child daughter of the owner of the bar Rome bought…

Quaid and Avett seem like the typical ‘oppo
XxTainaxX
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely indisputable winner. I LOVED this book. It was extremely well written. The characterization is amazing with a flawed yet genuine cast. Avett is a girl that takes chances and accepts risks sometimes to severe consequences. Most times this is because she feels she deserves the punishment. Quaid thinks he knows what he wants out of his orderly life as a successful attorney. Then, their paths cross and a reluctant attraction builds followed by something that is sweetly more. A certain ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

“It’s better to have nothing with the right person than to have everything with the wrong person, isn’t it?”

Charged is the story of Avett and Quaid, a couple no one expected but one that was explosive. Avett is a pink haired rebellious daughter of Brite, the man Rome bought his bar from in the previous series. Avett has had her low moments but while she was never the good child she never ended up behind bars. Until now that is when her ex-boyfriend drags her into a situation that g
Beverly
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

I am seriously loving this series! I was so sad when Marked Men ended, but having this series and the worlds intertwining is just perfect! It took me a minute to remember who Avett was, but it all came back pretty quickly. Avett is Brite’s daughter, Brite is the older man who has become like a father to some of the Marked Men.

Avett is act first, think second type of girl and she is always finding herself in t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 ❤❤❤❤

"You're the best bad decision I ever made, and you are, by far, my favorite story to tell."

I love this series and so far this is my favorite!From the first pages I was intrigued! I loved the plot and how the story developed and I freaking love the characters!!Both the hero and the heroine were amazing!Charged is an entertaining,lovely and hot story.

description

Avett is such a lovable character!What I loved most about her apart that she was strong,funny young and wild is the fact that even though s
Wendy'sThoughts
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Jay Crownover Fans, Romance
5 All The Answers You Need Stars
* * * * *

All of us bring something Valuable to "The Table of Life". We may be Stay at Home Moms, Professionals, Blue Collar Workers... Whatever... It doesn't matter what we do....It is who we are and how we live our lives that matter...and Jay Crownover is a perfect example of this.

It is through her writing about her characters and their stories which has opened minds and relationships for many of her readers, I think. She took a different approach in her book Ru
Dali
An irresistibly sexy and heartwarming story about forgiveness, love and self-discovery where the hero and heroine blaze the pages with their delectably charged dynamics.
“Memories and mistakes are both beautiful and important in their own ways. Love and Ink, Jay”

Avett has spent a good deal of her life toeing the line, making wrong decisions, starting with her taste in men. The last of which took her down with him and now the only man who can get her out of spending time behind bars is the supe
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
4.5 Stars
I didn't expect to love Avett and Quaid as much as I do. Well done Jay Crownover! Full review will be on The Book Disciple

Aisling Zena
4.5 Wild and Sweet stars

Avett

Quaid

Review later, maybe..

Bex | TotallyBex.com
I truly love Jay Crownover’s writing. She’s as adept at writing about tortured heroes trying to remain on the right side of good as she is about tortured anti-heroes who don’t. Her writing is so layered and dimensional, it paints a picture of life in Colorado and dives deeply into the character’s lives, making them seem real.

I was riveted to the story from the very first page, and by that I mean the dedication. The story hadn’t even started yet, and I was already invested. Both the dedication an
Pam Nelson
4 Charged Stars

Wow, I am enjoying this series so much. I forgot how much I like Jay Crownover’s work. It’s effortless to listen to.

Avett finds herself in some deep water and Quaid is hired to help her out.

I enjoyed the push and pull of the characters they really have the back and forth going for them. I liked how Avett was insecure with herself but she never once made excuses for her actions. She was always truthful even when it was hard to be.

Quaid never really added up for me. I think becau
*TANYA*
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this book but I wanted to LOVE it based on the synopsis. I couldn't help rolling my eyes at some of the writing and phrases used. For example "she tasted like dreams and promises." REALLY??!! Even the dude "curled his toes" when their lips touched. This book was full of romantic clichés thus making me laugh out loud a great number of times. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
My kindle bleeds blue highlight every time I read a Crownover book. Charged is no different. It’s the story of Avett, who some say is one of the more hated characters from the previous series. I, however, strongly disagree. I’ve always had an affinity for the young, flawed, and confused girl. Show me a person who has the possibility for change and growth all the while keeping their soul intact, and I am in ‘til the end.

Avett has hit rock bottom. In jail and scared beyond anything she has faced b
Fanny
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it

Charged es el segundo libro de la serie Saints Of Denver creada por Jay Crownover y narra la historia de Avett y Quaid, personajes secundarios en los libros anteriores.

Los ultimos dias estaba pasando por un mal momento como lectora, nada conseguia emocionarme y mis ultimas lecturas fueron bastante penosas, por eso cuando comence esta novela pense que acabaria con mi mala racha, que seria un libro entretenido, atrapante y con un buen desarrollo.

Soy una fiel creyente de que si lees una novela y l
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 4.5/5

****UPDATE MAY 10, 2016****

Taking it the review I had put for the moment. Re-putting it closer to the release date :)

****UPDATE MAY 18, 2016****

Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

So I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this book and since I also take part of the Review & Excerpt Tour this month for this release, so therefore, I'm glad that I got the chance to read the book. I was really excited about Avett's book because like any characters in this series, you know she d
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews

Charged had a lot of suspense and heartache mixed in with the scorching hot sexytimes! Crownover really does know how to bring on the hotness!

Charged had a deeper sense of danger, but also some more fun than Built included. I really enjoyed getting to know Avett better, as I had thought she was simply a spoiled princess, but she was so much more. And she completely brought out the humanity Quaid had tried to get rid of by becoming
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a new book boyfriend, and his name is Quaid Jackson.

He's smart, sexy and swoony. He's thoughtful and a little unsure of himself at the same time as being a cocky, cocksure ass, and he's all the more lovable because of it.

He's many men—layers, which are uncovered piece by piece, show that he is all the things I want in a book boyfriend.

Basically, he's perfect. And officially my new favorite of all Jay Crownover’s fabulous men.

With that said, it should be pretty clear that I liked—no, l
Ezinwanyi
The writing in this book was more tantalizing than the prior installment. Jay Crownover didn’t give a recycled story. Instead, she took characters previously introduced and weaved a captivating tale complete with love and rebirth of associations.

Avett Walker was young lady who was constantly finding herself in dreadful predicaments not because she didn’t know better, but because she believed she had earned them. It was her penance. Avett is the daughter of Brite, the man Rome bought the bar fro
Jessica
Wow what a story had to fight myself at times to put the book down. Every page was well written from the title this book is addicting.

Quaid is a sexy lawyer who has been used by his ex wife. He tries to forget about his past and his old wild self. When he meets Avett she awakens his wild side. So thankful for that because he can be a sexy beast. I love a man with a tattoo but one who rides a motorcycle is so much hotter.

Avett is a strong fierce woman who has lost herself. Love how she wouldn't
Pianka *call me PIU*

"She was everything i wanted and all that i never knew i needed"

I never liked Avett. In fact i never thought that she would get a book. But when it was announced that the swanky and gorgeous lawyer Quaid Jackson is going to be paired with Avett, the only thing going through my head was how will the author redeem her in our eyes.

Avett is a pink haired troublemaker with no respect for her dad or for herself. She hits rock bottom in this book after being arrested for a crime she gets u
C.K.
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picture Teaser:

Here is a link to an interview with Jay Crownover:

I was hoping that Poppy and Quid would get a story together. I thought they would make a good match. I'm not thrilled that Avett and Quid will be getting a story together. I didn't like Avett that much in Asa. She seems immature and bratty. It's the first time not to excited for a story in the Marked Men world.
I guess maybe Poppy will get a story with Wheeler. I can get behind that one.
I
River
Jun 16, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 35%

I'm not saying the book is bad but I don't like Avett and honestly since Asa I've been kinda done with Jay's books. Her female heroines are just not likeable and in the two books of this new series I had to push myself to read and I didn't like it so this is the end of the road for me.
Brittany
Once again, it is abundantly clear that Charged is a Jay Crownover book. The writing, the story with it's recurring messages and themes, the characters lends itself to the type of book I've come to expect and love from Jay.

Avett isn't new to readers. We've seen her pop up, not in the most positive light, throughout The Marked Men Series. She's a troublemaker that is sure to give her dad, Brite, a heart attack. Avett has a special gift for falling in with the wrong crowd. This time around it land
Three Chicks
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee
I’ll try not to be biased but because I love Jay Crownover, it’s extremely hard not to be.

When I or we were first introduced to Avett Walker, I wasn’t a fan. I thought she was bratty and entitled; and when I leaned that she was going to have her own book I just assumed I was going to read it because it was Jay but not really like it. My first introduction to Quaid Jackson wasn’t much better. I thought he was arrogant and full of him-self so these two coupled together, y
 Mary

"When we touched, my blood felt charged, stimulated in a way I’d never felt before."

Muy linda historia!!!!

Adoré a Quaid en el libro anterior, si bien él no era la persona adecuada para Sayer siempre estuve intrigada por conocer más sobre su historia y los motivos que lo llevaban a ser como era, así que me zambullí en la historia ni bien tuve el libro en mis manos.

Quiad Jackson es un abogado, famoso por sus casos controvertidos y un por un muy público y desastroso divorcio. Él se siente comple
Elizarey
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 sweet stars!

I loved this book.
In the beginning I thought that Avett was going to be annoying and never actually get on the right path but I was proved wrong. Jay Crownover really made me understand where Avett was coming from and I actually felt bad for her. I was so happy that she recognized that all the bad situations she was in were from her doing and didn't blame anyone else for her actions. Avett really grew up in this book and made some brilliant life choices in the end.

Avett Walker is B
Jenn
Jay Crownover, I just want to live in your world with these boys!

The second in the Saints of Denver series follows lawyer Quaid and his client Avett Walker. When Quaid takes Avett's case, he doesn't expect to be so taken with the pink haired firecracker. But beneath all that tough girl exterior, there's a little girl who is so lost and when Quaid starts to see that, you know he's a goner.

Crownover knows how to write romance. And one of the things I love is that she doesn't skip over the importa
Selene
Crownover writes the best feel-good books and this one is no exception! Avett Walker's chaotic internal dialogue and disordered life choices tugged at my heart strings and I sympathized with her for wanting to forge her own destiny, albeit with terribly regretful mistakes made along the way. I loved that she was a Daddy's girl and getting a more intimate view of Brite Walker in this book was a bonus.

Quaid was a great love interest for Avett and I loved that he wasn't passive in his feelings tow
Read With Me: Members BR: Charged by Jay Crownover 9 4 Apr 26, 2018 01:05PM
  • Twist (Dive Bar, #2)
  • Reaper's Fire (Reapers MC, #6)
  • All Closed Off (Rusk University, #4)
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
  • Close to You (Fusion, #2)
  • The Rocker That Uses Me (The Rocker)
  • Up in Flames (Rosemary Beach, #13)
  • Hell Breaks Loose (Devil's Rock, #2)
  • Steadfast (True North, #2)
  • The Deep End (Honey, #1)
  • Last Mile (Vicious Cycle, #3)
  • Dirty Deeds (Mechanics of Love, #3)
  • Outside the Lines (On the Run, #1)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Ride Hard (Raven Riders, #1)
  • Sidebarred (The Legal Briefs, #3.5)
  • Jaded Hearts (Loaded Replay, #1)
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where sh ...more

Saints of Denver (4 books)
  • Built (Saints of Denver, #1)
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • Salvaged (Saints of Denver, #4)
“Right now, I needed to be the man I tried so hard not to be in order to be someone worthy of the girl I was trying to save. I” 6 likes
“My girl always jumped. It was one of the things I now realized I loved most about her.” 5 likes