Start by marking “Not Quite Clear (A Lowcountry Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Not Quite Clear (A Lowcountry Mystery, #5)

Not Quite Clear

(Lowcountry Mysteries #5)

This is the 5th book in USAToday Bestselling Author Lyla Payne's LOWCOUNTRY MYSTERY series. It continues to follow Graciela Harper and her friends as she navigates ghosts, romance, in-laws, and the legal system in rural Heron Creek, SC.
Published October 27th 2015 by Author Published

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite Clear, please sign up.
Iza Brekilien If you were starting the book, you probably know the answer by now : she will publish a novella in december and we'll have a 6th book on April 21st 20…moreIf you were starting the book, you probably know the answer by now : she will publish a novella in december and we'll have a 6th book on April 21st 2016 :)(less)

Start your review of Not Quite Clear (A Lowcountry Mystery, #5)
Iza Brekilien
Reviewed for http://theereaderjunkie.wordpress.com

Oh my, what a roller coaster, especially near the end. I don’t know how Gracie manages to live that way because I was breathless just reading everything that she has to deal with, and her friends and family too.

As the author tells us at the end of the book, the main story line that we’ve followed so far (the family curse) is approaching its end and I was biting my nails while reading ! Especially when I was left with a major cliffhanger at the en
Jamie Davis
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!

Every time I think this series can’t possibly get any better, Lyla Payne releases the next, and it blows me away even more. Gracie Harper truly feels like an old friend in book five of the Lowcountry series. I’ve loved watching her evolve from the girl who woke up in her car after a bender in her grandfather’s driveway. Gracie and Amelia are still desperate to break the curse threatening little Jack’s life, and it’s looking like the ghost of Mama Lottie is their only option. Unfortu
Kelly Mccurdy
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery...Check
Ghosts...Check
Murder...Check
Crazy ass Voodoo Ghost...Check

Gracie has her hands full in this book. Not only does our lovable Gracie see Mama Lottie, she is starting to see a little girl ghost. She also has to figure out how her cousin is going to keep her baby boy alive, and out of the hands of her in-laws.

I laughed, I cried, and I held on to my kindle like my life was depending on it. I couldn't put this book down. I loved every single second of this book, and it is making me wan
Mary
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book even though I silently screamed "don't do that, Gracie" more than once. I literally ached for her in the impossible situations she found herself in. I'll admit I would have handled things a bit differently but that's me and probably the reason people don't write books about me. But I digress. Gracie is in all sorts of trouble and the no-win situations she's in are simply heartbreaking. This girl really needs a break and she needs it fast. Her friends stand by her which is s ...more
Jamie Davis
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride!

Gracie and Amelia are still desperate to break the curse threatening little Jack’s life, and it’s looking like the ghost of Mama Lottie is their only option. Unfortun
Ashlee Thatcher
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up right after Not Quite Gone. The book is a well written book that takes a look at the fallout of Gracie's decisions and takes a look at what one is willing to do, and sacrifice, to keep their family safe. The struggles of balancing a relationship with family, and learning to trust.

Gracie continues to work to break the curse on her family, but is the fallout worth it? The people in her life continue to be hurt and Gracie has to either put up or shut up. And, if the curse is rem
Beth
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Phew...this was another action packed installment in the Lowcountry mysteries!! Gracie certainly had her hands full helping with Amelia's custody case and trying to find a way to reverse the family curse. Gracie had quite the adventures with her ghosts this time around, between help from Anne Bonnie and her crew, Mama Lottie and her apparitions, and let's not forget Henry Woodward is still hanging around too. The whole cast of characters are back and there were certainly some surprises with a fe ...more
#ByFelicia
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omigosh! Just finished Not Quite Clear and I am literally floored! As Gracie so eloquently put it "my stomach dropped into my butt!". I can honestly say that I did not see that twist at. all! Well played Lyla Payne...well played! So many emotions and questions coming from this book high that I don't even know where to begin! I am seriously having a "what the whaaaaaaat?!" moment! I was on edge the entire read asking myself just exactly how much more Gracie can take? What does all this mean for t ...more
little 'ole me
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh hell! I gave just finished reading this book and I am still in turmoil! Mama lottie continues on her scary tirade and I have just started to come to terms with a fictional breakup with which is still causing me little palpitations as it feels like I have been through it myself!! I knew the storyline would end in a cliffhanger but i wasnt prepared Trisha, just wasnt prepared! nowi have to wait for the free novella in the newsletter and then book 6 to get all the pieces tied up. I cant wait!
Teresa Sambrook
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, if you didn't think you could get sucked in deeper to Lowcounty, you are wrong. Gracie and Amelia still fighting the curse. Gracie's mystery father appears without warning? Madame Lottie demanding attention, is Gracie willing to make a deal? At what cost will it take to break the curse and save future Jack? I'm dying for the next book! This series just keeps getting better!
Brandy Barber
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mama Lottie scares the crap out of me! I can't believe how this book ended. I love how this book went. There was a bunch of twist and turns. I got so upset with how Gracie treated Brick understand it but she v got a bit ruff. I am waiting for these girls to have them babies now.
Abby Legrange
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great continuation of a great story!!

I fall in love more with the Low Country with every book!! This writing is sharp and engaging and keeps me wanting more. These characters have me committed and I can't wait for the next one!!!
Shannon Holmes
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WHAT?!?!?! Lyla Payne, how can you leave me hanging like this!!! Not Quite Clear is my new favorite of the Lowcountry Mysteries. It was full of surprises, and not once did I think I knew what was coming next. If you need an early reader for #6 I eagerly volunteer!
Debbie Stephens
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better with each book, but I feel the storyline is going to take some bad turns. I have really gotten in to some of these characters and hope for the best as I head into the next book in the series. So glad I picked up Book 1 months ago.
Elisa
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow every time I read a low country mystery it's like coming home.
Graciela is amazing she has been through so much since coming back to Heron Creek.
Gracie and all of her friends and family just make these books. The historical, paranormal investigation side is my favourite part of these stories.
Rebecca Hollingsworth
Love...

I seriously hate cliffhangers and the fact I gave this a 5 star with one is pretty impressive! I have enjoyed this series so very much and look forward to some conclusions in the near future.
Sandra Lancaster
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Excellent continuation of the story. That was a very unexpected twist at the end. I'm emotionally wrung out. I had to reread the last part a few times just to make sure it actually said what I thought. Definite book hangover. Can't wait to find out how everything plays out.
Kandy
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I turned the page to the next chapter and...WHAT... its over?!? Like that.... *sigh* Whatever Lyla Payne!

Omg! I am loving Gracie and Millie! the shannigans Gracie comes up with and the adventures with her ghosts are so great, I'm a trusty Gracie follower! Bring on the next book!
Luann Musich
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Great books couldn't put them down I haven't read many mysteries but these were so good I'll read some more can't wait for book sic
Jessica
This series just keeps getting better and better!!!! Can't wait for the next one to come out, especially after that cliffhanger ending. Did NOT see that one coming!
Cindy
Feb 19, 2017
Brooke Rice
Oct 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Come Rain or Shine (Rose Gardner Investigations #5)
  • Up Shute Creek (Rose Gardner Investigations, #4)
  • Hell in a Handbasket (Rose Gardner Investigations, #3)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Rose Gardner Investigations #6)
  • Dirty Money (Neely Kate Mystery #3)
  • Her Scream in the Silence (Carly Moore #2)
  • In High Cotton (Neely Kate Mystery #2)
  • Curtain Call (Magnolia Steele Mystery #4)
  • Murder in the Manor (A Lacey Doyle Cozy Mystery, Book 1)
  • The Wedding Catch (The Wedding Whisperer Book 2)
  • Lowcountry Boil (A Liz Talbot Mystery, #1)
  • A Cry in the Dark (Carly Moore #1)
  • Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
  • Call Back (Magnolia Steele Mystery #3)
  • Act Two (Magnolia Steele Mystery #2)
  • The Wedding Charm (The Wedding Whisperer, 1)
  • Jeopardy in January (Calendar Mysteries #1)
  • Death and a Dog (A Lacey Doyle Cozy Mystery—Book 2)
I've been publishing New Adult romance novels for a little over a year, starting with Broken at Love and continuing with the rest of the Whitman University series. I adore telling stories, discovering the little reasons people fall in love, and uncovering hidden truths in the world around us – past and present.

In my spare time I cuddle my two dogs, pretend to enjoy exercising so that I can eat as

Lowcountry Mysteries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Not Quite Dead (Lowcountry Mysteries, #1)
  • Not Quite Cold (Lowcountry Mysteries, #2)
  • Not Quite True  (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)
  • Not Quite Gone (Lowcountry Mysteries, #4)
  • Not Quite Right (Lowcountry Mysteries #6)
  • Not Quite Mine (Lowcountry Mysteries #7)
  • Not Quite Alive (Lowcountry Mysteries #8)
  • Not Quite Free (Lowcountry Mysteries #9)
  • Not Quite Fixed (Lowcountry Mysteries #10)
  • Not Quite Settled (Lowcountry Mysteries #11)

News & Interviews

“Maybe marriage is not about feelings at all. Maybe it’s about commitment and faith and trust and all those things that just don’t sound romantic at all until they catch you when you fall, maybe save your life. Hmm.” 0 likes
“No one deserves love, Millie. Some of us are lucky enough to have it in our lives, anyway, so I choose to be thankful. Even if we dent it a little.” “I” 0 likes