Start by marking “Mickey Mouse: The Mysterious Crystal Ball” as Want to Read:
Mickey Mouse: The Mysterious Crystal Ball

Mickey Mouse: The Mysterious Crystal Ball

(Mickey Mouse IDW #1)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The adventures of Mickey Mouse return in these kid-friendly-sized collections of classic stories such as "The Lost Explorers' Trail," "Mickey Mouse vs. The Phantom Bot," and more!
Published October 20th 2015 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mickey Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mickey Mouse

Wayne McCoy
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Mickey Mouse: The Mysterious Crystal Ball' is a fun Mickey Mouse story that feels like a classic one.

When Mickey goes to a carnival, he meets a strange fortune teller who seems to know a lot about the future. In reality, he's in league with criminals and trying to get Mickey to mislead the cops away from crime scenes. One step ahead of Mickey is famous detective Shamrock Bones.

Backup stories feature Goofy and his pet crow, Ellsworth. There is a story about Mickey getting involved with some miss
Sesana
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, disney
(Received from Netgalley for review)

As near as I can tell, this is a translation of Italian Mickey Mouse comics (Topolino). I think just about every Disney nerd with more than a passing interest in the classic characters has at least heard of Topolino, and I was happy to get a chance to read a few. I will say that I think that adult Disney fans will probably get more out of this than kids, but there's probably at least a few young Mickey fans who'd have fun with it.

Apparently, Italian Mickey mak
Kris - My Novelesque Life
MICKEY MOUSE: THE MYSTERIOUS CRYSTAL BALL
By Giorgio Cavazzano
2015, 148 Pages
Genre: comic, fiction

(I received an ARC from the NETGALLEY in exchange for an honest review.)

★★★

The Mysterious Crystal Ball takes me back to my childhood and classic Mickey Mouse, but I would not say it is for kids. The story is a bit complex but an excellent book to read with the kids. I enjoyed the cute story. It was a great quick read and I recommend to any fan of Disney, Mickey and/or simple comics.

k (My Novelesque
Frederick Tan
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
What can I say about a mouse and his adventure? Just enjoy.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
A collection of Mickey Mouse stories with good illustrations. Some of the stories were more entertaining than others. There were characters and places that I had not heard of or seen before. Of course we also see the old favourites as well, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. Not sure if children will enjoy the stories as much as older fans who grew up with Mickey Mouse but they will definitely enjoy the illustrations. Mickey gets into trouble throughout the stories, but always figures it out and gets out ...more
Elle Markov
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While a bit lengthy, this collection of classic Mickey Mouse adventures is sure to delight readers big and small.

We see Mickey in various misadventures that will have you laughing and giggling like back in the day. We see Mickey get conned by a fake psychic, but don't fret, he figures it out right on time to save the day.

Plus how adorable is the cover, but then again I do have a soft spot for Mickey and Friends; still, enjoy this fun adventure.

Rating 5 out of 5
Read@Book
Jeff
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not a great collection of stories, in my opinion. Definitely not for younger kids-- too advanced. The collection says it's kid-friendly. Older readers might enjoy this collection (based on the stories). The illustrations are beautiful.

I received an ARC copy from NetGalley.
Veronica
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this to my son yesterday and today. He loved it and I had fun too remembering my childhood with Mickey. Well done. Highly recommended to Mickey Mouse fans!
Hillary DePiano
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Crystal Ball is the weakest story, the other two are adorable.
Arto
Alexei Dolganov
Feb 18, 2018
Alexey
Sep 27, 2018
Cavazzano was born in Venice, Italy. He started his career at the age of 14, as an assistant to Luciano Capitanio (his cousin) and an inker for Romano Scarpa. He produced stories about Disney characters Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck and others.
Cavazzano's work is known for combining the traditional rubbery appearance of Disney characters with realistic illustration of technological gad

Mickey Mouse IDW (6 books)
  • Mickey Mouse: Gift of the Sun Lord