Start by marking “Heaven Is Beautiful” as Want to Read:
Heaven Is Beautiful

Heaven Is Beautiful

“Heaven is Beautiful is a profound, true story offering amazing proof that there is more. This book and its illuminating truth pushed my restart button! Best page-turning read of the year!” —Jennifer Skiff, author of God Stories: Inspiring Encounters with the Divine and The Divinity of Dogs

“Heaven is hot right now—not in temperature, but in public interest. Eve
Published October 1st 2015 by Hampton Roads Publishing Company (first published September 29th 2015)

Start your review of Heaven Is Beautiful
Producervan in Cornville, AZ from New Orleans & L.A.
Heaven Is Beautiful: How Dying Taught Me That Death Is Just the Beginning by Peter Baldwin Panagore. ©2015. Hampton Roads Publishing Company. 5 Stars. I have read many books about the near death experience (or NDE). I have enjoyed them and, most particularly, related to them. This book holds a special place in my heart and I am grateful that this God-centered man shared his journey with us in book form. I can say no more but that I highly recommend it, and if you relate to this sort of thing, it ...more
Helena
As the hired book publicist for this title, I don’t rate books that I read for the purpose of promoting them but I do write about them.

I read the first 50 pages of this book on Mother’s Day and put it down only because two little people were beckoning me to come to dinner.
It’s the impeccable and memorable detail with which Peter Panagore describes the events leading up to his death on the side of the Lower Weeping Wall in Alberta Canada back in 1980, that made this book hard to put down.

The m
Ken
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Peter Panagore, master story teller, and minster of The First Radio Parish Church of America, tells us an engaging autobiographical account of his life before, during, and after his experience of dying of hypothermia in a winter climb when he was twenty years old. His experience of the "beyond" death and the reason for his return to this life has had an enduring forty-year effect on him. Today, having gotten over his fear of ever really telling all of this, he helps us understand the power of st ...more
Bryan
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In “Heaven Is Beautiful,” Rev. Peter Baldwin. Panagore engages the reader in an intimate and openly vulnerable manner. As such, we are drawn into the author's experience, internal process, and interpretation. Essentially the book has four distinct themes. On the surface it is a first person narrative of a deep-winter wilderness encounter including his first experience ice climbing. At this level the book grabs one immediately. Panagore manages to simultaneously explain the technicalities of wint ...more
Bob Bessette
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was about a college student, Peter Panagore, who traveled from Montana on a college break with a friend to Alberta, Canada to ice climb the world-famous Lower Weeping Wall. Due to some issues that they experienced during the climb, Peter experienced a near death experience (NDE) while climbing. During that NDE he recants within this book his experience while meeting God.

I found his account of his NDE believable and interesting. Peter mentions on a number of occasions in this book that
Patricia Culbert
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heaven is Beautiful is a gripping story, well told; a great adventure tale detailed by a clear-eyed author; a surprising, jargon-free, honest, forthright explanation of a personal near death experience and a life-long spiritual search. Intended as a panacea to grief, the book celebrates that part of life that attaches us all to a universal “otherness” that the author freely attributes to many forms of spirituality even while his own faith is grounded in Christianity.
With meticulous detail,
Peter
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been dubious of NDE accounts, particularly those purporting to visit heaven or talk to Jesus. This book, however, is entirely different. Very personal, very powerful, and compelling. It was hard to put it down. Peter Panagore is a wonderful writer--you can actually feel the subzero chill of his mountain climbing experience and the dangers it posed. His writing of his encounter during death with the love of God is sublime and moving. He helps us put this life and this world into the much n ...more
Kimberly
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heaven Is Beautiful is a fascinating read. It is a personal and skillfully written account of the author's near-death experience over 30 years ago. The author vividly recounts his transformative spiritual experience through the eyes, mind, and heart of his 21-year-old self. His descriptions of dying, heaven, and hell are absolutely riveting. I am now on my 2nd read, since I couldn't stop myself from reading it in entirety in 1 weekend. I highly recommend this book!
Kathy
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but it wasn't what I thought it would be. I would recommend it to others.
Michelle
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Heaven is Beautiful" is a powerful book. Thought provoking. Mind opening. I highly recommend it!
Tim Plett
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The book--the story of Peter Baldwin Panagore's death by hypothermia on a mountain in Banff, his experience of Heaven and return is fascinating and well written.
However, I have an issue. I can't deny his experience and I won't. But he says his experience has convinced him this material world is an illusion.
Here's my concern. The Bible says God created the heavens and the earth, looked at it and pronounced. Jesus came to this earth in the body. He died, in truth, and was resurrected i
Jamie T
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really really enjoyed this book! It was an Easy read, and didn't want to put it down.
I understand alot of what Peter meant by feeling half here and half there. Wanting to go home and belonging to God. Its so nice to read stories from people who have experienced that same oneness. If you know, you know.
MARGARET GUNZELMAN
Tale of life

Renews hope and the existence of the divine
Beautiful story
You can actually read the authors frustration at trying to explain heaven

So real and so worth Reading
Janet
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page turner that I finished in one day. He explained his experience very well and I enjoyed Learning about ice climbing.
Tricia Barker
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to read a near-death experience book by an English major, and I admire Peter Panagore’s use of metaphors to bring the near-death experience into deeper understanding for those who have not had a near-death experience. As a near-death experiencer myself, I can see that he did a remarkable job of describing what it is like to exist without a body and without a brain and yet possess a far more expanded consciousness outside of form. I have so many personal connections to his story tha ...more
Leilani Richter
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful!

What a wonderful exciting story of a supernatural event. My heart goes out to Peter, because I truly understand what he has felt since his NDE. That being there and no longer being there has to be incredibly painful. I cannot even imagine how difficult it was for him even to function afterwards.
Diane
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: Before reading Heaven is Beautiful by Rev. Peter Panagore I already had a hopeful belief in the existence of Heaven and I have enjoyed Rev. Panagore’s Daily Devotions broadcasts for many years. However, neither of these facts could guarantee that I would like his book but I am happy to say that I do.

I began Heaven is Beautiful one night at about 11 pm intending to read for just a little while before going to sleep. At 2 am I had to forcibly put it aside because I couldn’t
Kathy
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
"Heaven is Beautiful" is an enthralling, gripping, fast-paced, powerful and I believe unforgettable book! The author openly, honestly and freely discloses his death experience at age 21 during an ice-climbing adventure in 1980. He is meticulous in his detail about the adventure, and that is riveting in itself, but his description of what happened when he died on the face of the ice mountain, and afterwards when he returned to life is beyond engaging. Peter Panagore makes you feel as if you are w ...more
Beverly
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Heaven Is Beautiful" is a captivating read! The author's near-death experience over 30 years ago is described in detail that will have you on the side of the mountain with his 21-year old self. I laughed, I cried, I felt like I was on the mountain with Peter and Tim. He describes dying, hell, and heaven in a way that will make you read and re-read it again and again. I am on my second read now.

Having know the author for 20+ years, I learned new things about him and I had things I kn
Cindelu
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won this book on Goodreads.
It was amazing! I cried through half of it because of the intense emotion it brought up. The first part of how the writer died was interesting and necessary to allow you to know who this person was before he died so you could see him better after he died. I am a believer but this book hit me hard. God is REAL. God is LOVE. READ THIS BOOK!
I don't want to give away the story so I can't say too much but I actually read it in one night, not going to bed till
Karen Munger burns
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book helped me through a very difficult Christmas. Although I spent the holidays in Denver with my sons and had a wonderful time that I will always cherish, I missed my best friend and love (husband) dearly. Through out my trip I spent my quiet times reading Heaven is Beautiful. I loved the way the author Peter Baldwin Panagore showed courage to tell his story all the while reminding us he is no better, we are all equal in God's eye. I love that. This is truly a must read. God bless you Pet ...more
NICHOLE RIDER
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Peter for allowing God's Light to shine through you and sharing this amazing story! I absolutely loved this book. Very well written and very compelling. I could not put it down once I started it. I loved the honesty revealed in the book. It resonated with me so deeply. This book would make such an amazing movie! I encourage anyone to read it. You will be uplifted and inspired by it for sure!
Claudia Cheyne
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Peter Panagore died on a mountainside in March of 1980. But he returned to life. He tried to go on after his near death experience for years by keeping it a secret. It changed him and led him on a spiritual journey. One day he finally told his story and has continued to do so in front of audiences. He gives hope to the dying, grieving and hopeless people who want to know if there is life beyond the here and now.
Donna Engler
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
God is real

I haven't had an NDE, but I know God is real and I admire Peter for his bravery and his story. The only thing keeping this at four stars instead of five for me was there were parts of the story that seemed a bit repetitious. It was brave of him to share and quite inspirational.
Hetty Veldkamp
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A gripping story..i couldn't put it down; an experience that the author admits is hard to find the words for..mere words cannot describe it. It is an especially interesting, comforting read for those who have lost a loved one or for those who are terminally ill. Got it on a whim at the public library.
Amy
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
That you may truly know that you are a spiritual being having a human experience, this book will bring that home. Reading this book causes my heart to yearn and strain to go Home to Love. Peter's courage in telling his story about his encounter on "the other side" is evident. There is much to hear and understand. I will be nourished for many days to come with the truth that is found in this book.
Susan
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deep thanks to Peter Panagore for telling this story about the greatest mystery there is. He describes the indescribable with passion and energy and love. And while it is ultimately a deeply spiritual story, it is also a thrilling page-turner!
Katie
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book that you have to be in the mood for. The author takes the time to try and explain something that is unimaginable and leaves the reader wanting more. I wish I could meet him and ask him so many questions. This book has helped me in so many ways.
Callie
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I just read the part when he's crossed over. Some very moving passages. He's a decent writer, and quite well read.
Edward Legge
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found this book at the Library a week ago and finished reading it last night.
It's the second best book I have read in my life, It gave me real hope! Aug 25.th, 2016

• Healing the Western Soul: A Spiritual Homecoming for Today's Seeker
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • Falling Into Heaven: A Skydiver's Gripping Account of Heaven, Healings, and Miracles
  • Imagine Heaven: Near-Death Experiences, God's Promises & The Exhilarating Future that Awaits You
  • Flight to Heaven: A Plane Crash...a Lone Survivor...a Journey to Heaven--And Back
  • Heaven Is a Breath Away: An Unexpected Journey to Heaven and Back
  • 23 Minutes In Hell: One Man's Story About What He Saw, Heard, and Felt in That Place of Torment
  • A Man Named Dave (Dave Pelzer #3)
  • Living a Life You Love: Embracing the Adventure of Being Led by the Holy Spirit
  • I Am a Church Member: Discovering the Attitude that Makes the Difference
  • Glimpses of Heaven
  • A Tale of Two Cities: A Holiday Novella Collection
  • The Shape of Night
  • Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • Love Delivered (Waiting to Breathe, #2)
  • The Lost Boy (Dave Pelzer #2)
  • They All Fall Down
Peter Baldwin Panagore is author of Heaven Is Beautiful: How Dying Taught Me That Death Was Just The Beginning (Hampton Roads) and Two Minutes for God: Quick Fixes for the Spirit (Simon and Schuster), a he is a regular contributor to the Huffington Post Blog Spot on yoga and mindfulness meditation. He earned his BA in English from the University of Massachusetts and a M.Div from Yale University.

H