Start by marking “It Started in Texas” as Want to Read:
It Started in Texas

It Started in Texas

Leaving the familiar comfort of her UK home for a weekend in Texas is one of the craziest things Charlotte Evans has ever done. Celebrating her birthday with friends is the highlight of her year until she bumps into her favourite rock star, literally.

Gage Weston is used to having women fall over themselves at his feet … A rock star, an actor, he’s got his fair share of fem

To ask other readers questions about It Started in Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Started in Texas

Jacqueline
2.5 falling for your fantasy crush stars.

I wasn't really feeling this one I'm afraid, even though I thought it would be right up my street.

She's a fan of his group who runs into him in real life. He immediately takes a shine to her, although I didn't really understand or feel it.

She's married to someone else with two young children when they first meet so I was expecting that to provide some much needed angst or at least some soul searching, but it barely caused a ripple.

And then there was the f
J.A. Heron
Aug 10, 2015 J.A. Heron rated it it was amazing
*** ARC RECEIVED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW ***
Honesty is my middle name....
2 Stars... well written.
1 Star.... sexy and heartwarming.
1 Star.... it made me LOL.
1 Star.... great plot and characters.

All of these elements make up this great read.
This is the story of Charlotte and Gage, with a whole host of other fabulous characters.
Charlotte goes on the trip of a lifetime to Texas, she can't wait to meet her online girlfriends, who are part of a forum that was set up and run so that fans could follow and
L.A. Cotton
Sep 15, 2015 L.A. Cotton rated it really liked it
I was kindly given an ARC of It Started in Texas by MB Feeney... and what a great read!

This is the story of groupie meets rock star, except Gage Weston isn't like most rock stars. He's sweet and funny and very grounded. This really appealed to me (that, and his southern drawl).
Charlotte and her friends are relatable, funny, and, at times, a little crazy, but hey, we've all been there!

There's a strong supporting cast - and they all get their closure in this book, which was nice. The only thing I
J.C. Clarke
Aug 04, 2015 J.C. Clarke rated it it was amazing
This story starts up just as Charlotte travels to the great US of A for a birthday trip of a lifetime. For me, this story started much, much sooner.

As a close friend of the author, who has read this story from quite early on, I can give a 5 star review, but that’s not why I’m going to.

This deserves a five star because of how simply and beautifully M.B. Feeney has written all of these characters. I’m not just talking of Gage and Charlotte, but the secondary characters, too. They all have depth,
Elaine
Sep 14, 2015 Elaine rated it really liked it
One could be forgiven for presuming this story is nothing more than the fantasies of a thirty something woman with a crush on a famous actor/musician. Of course there is nothing wrong with that, we've all played athe game of 'wouldn't it be nice if...' and while that may well be the case, it doesn't take long for you to realise that this isn't some tale of Cinderella being whisked off to fairyland and dressed in Gucci's finest. The protaginist faces real life dilemmas. She has kids, a life, she' ...more
Jennifer Theriot
Right off the bat, the fact that this is a rockstar romance pretty much sucked me in. Add to that, the rocker is a hot Texan and you've completely won me over. I loved this book - the characters were well developed and I felt like I was right there with them all - at the venues, shopping, in the airport and - *blushes* in the bedroom.
Gage Weston is off the charts hot and lovely Charlotte, the pretty lady from across the pond captures his heart. Age difference? No worries. Children from a previou
Annmarie
May 19, 2016 Annmarie rated it really liked it
Older female, 35, younger rock star,Gage, 26. Female POV. She's in a passionless marriage and flies to the US to Texas to meet her friends from online. They plan to go to a concert where they are all huge fans. She runs into Gage, literally and sparks fly. They spend time their get her and consummate the relationship while she is still married, which seemed out of character for her. Anyway she goes home and Charlotte and her husband split on good terms. Over time and distance they find their way ...more
Rebecca Austin
Sep 18, 2015 Rebecca Austin rated it really liked it
Charlotte Evans is on the road trip of her life to see her favorite group Pocket Full of Lyrics. She leaves the UK to meet some friends in Texas and nothing prepares her for the events that are about to unfold as she unexpectedly meets the lead singer Gage Weston.

Something about Charlotte attracts Gage to her and he is not about to let her go, even as she returns to her children and common law spouse. But she realizes that maybe she is attracted to more than just the famous Gage.

As the two begin
Marrec
Dec 10, 2015 Marrec rated it really liked it
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 28, 2015 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
As a blogger I went through a stage of reading rockstar romances. I read so many that I had my fill so I stopped reading them. Then M.B. Feeney lets us know she's releasing a full length novel & that was it I wanted to read it. I'm so glad I read it as I absolutely loved it. She's brought the sexy rocker love back into my life:)

Charlotte travels to Texas on a trip of a lifetime. She goes to meet her online friends to see her favourite band play live.
When Charlotte meets her idol Gage Weston
Linda Field
Sep 14, 2015 Linda Field rated it really liked it
It Started in Texas by M.B Feeney

A full length Novel. I've read a few of M.B. Feeney's short stories and was looking forward to reading this one.

Charlotte is on an adventure of a lifetime, off to Texas to see the band she adores LIVE. Better still meeting so great friends she has meet in the forum rooms of the blog set up for this band.

Charlotte has an amazing time but also has time to really look into the life she is living.

Gage is a hot member of the band down to earth, not your typical ban
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
Aug 28, 2015 Joanna Brocklehurst smith rated it it was amazing
I was honoured to receive an arc of this book and what an amazing read it was.

When Charlotte goes on the trip of a lifetime, not only does she get to meet her long time, online friends, she also gets to see her favourite band perform live.
When Charlotte literally bumps into her idol Gage Weston she is seeing more than stars. She is seeing up close and personal what an amazingly good looking guy he is.
Gage, finds this Brit totally intriguing. She is always in his thoughts even after she returns
L.J. Harris
Aug 04, 2015 L.J. Harris rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this story, and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. We get to meet Charlotte, who takes the trip to see her favourite band.

Gage is not only the idol whose music Charlotte has listened to over the years, but a man who loves with his whole heart, and is loyal and genuine. Once he sets his heart on something (or rather someone), there’s no stopping him.

Charlotte, the down-to-earth woman with a love of music who despite being a big fan of Gage's, doesn't become something she i
Christina Szczepan-santos
Received as an Arc.
Rock Star Romance......yes please!
Gage is a Rock Star, Charlotte is one of his biggest fans.
So many fun times in this story. Great secondary characters. Who I would love to meet (hint). Mich's stories all flow so well. If you haven't read any of her stories go get one.
Personally I loved it.
Lostred
Sep 18, 2015 Lostred rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved reading this well written Rockstar romance, that doesnt do it any justice because it was so much more than just another romance novel.
I had a hard time putting it down because the characters would not let me go.
Go read this, you will be sucked into a beautiful story of meeting your idol and your wildst dreams coming true!
Donna Norman
Feb 13, 2016 Donna Norman rated it it was amazing
Loved Charlie, could really relate to her, same age as me with kids the same age, loved the story and the amicable relationship with the kids dad. Gage is gorgeous and loved seeing their relationship progress, loved the other characters too in this book. Looking forward to the book from Gages POV X
Sydney Logan
Dec 05, 2015 Sydney Logan rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this cover! Proper review to come.
Stacey
Sep 01, 2015 Stacey rated it really liked it
This was my first foray into the world of M B Feeney but I had been following her teasers of this book and was really excited to read it.

Charlotte Evans and her fellow Lyricists/best friends head for a surprise weekend gig in Texas which is where 'it' all begins, with Charlotte also feeling confused as she is already in a relationship, though somewhat stagnant.

It would be pretty unbelivable in real life for a fan to meet their fave rock star and them fall in love immediately but M B just manag
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 17, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
M.B. Feeney finally made my dreams come true! It's a full length novel about Rock Stars, and I LOVED LOVED LOVED every minute of this story! Charlotte Evans has always been responsible, and never done anything crazy in her life, but on her birthday weekend, she travels all the way to Texas to see her favorite band. It just gets better when she actually meets her favorite member, Gage Weston. Gage is used to women falling all over him, but something about the Brit turns his world upside down. He ...more
Cassandra Taylor
Aug 24, 2016 Cassandra Taylor rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Amo and Sarah’s Book Corner

5 Stars

I love rock star romance and this book is up there with the best of them!

Charlotte is a 30 something mum of 2 from the UK, Gage is a southern charmer in a rock band from the USA and their story is heart-warming and sexy all at the same time.

Charlotte and Gage meet when Charlotte’s friends surprise her by flying her over to Texas from the UK to her favourite band A Pocket Full of Lyrics – The band Gage just so happens to be lead singer of. T
Louise McKie
Nov 03, 2015 Louise McKie rated it it was amazing
"Hey Darlin'" I'm sure almost everyone throughout their life has had a famous person they fantasise about. Someone you really wish you could have a chance with, someone you have dirty dreams about.

What if it came true? What if you actually did have a chance with them?

This book explores that idea. Charlotte is a die hard fan of Gage Weston and when her and her friends travel to Texas to attend one of his bands concerts things take a turn for the unexpected.

I'm honestly not sure if this would actu
Chele
Oct 18, 2015 Chele rated it it was amazing
When online Music fandom friends get together anything can happen.
Charlotte goes to Texas from the UK and her life is never the same.Literally knocked on her ass by the one person she never thought she'd ever get to meet.Her Rock Star crush Gage.

Join Charlotte and her 'Lyricist' friends as well as Gage's band Pocket Full Of Lyrics and their family and friends on the this journey.
Traveling , drinking, smoking and cussing,taking care of her family and hot sex, are all combined to make this a grea
Stacey
Dec 15, 2015 Stacey rated it it was amazing
this is part of the Magic of books promotions and given in exchange by the author for an honest review ,.
to point out i read because i love it and also this book interested me and um M.B. i want a sequel lol especially how you ended it lol .
anyways so what do you do when you have a crush on a rock star and what may happen if you have your crush and you have a fun time though your married but are not feeling as your marriage is what it should be . do you only have a one night stand and try to f
Kim Ginsberg
Dec 17, 2015 Kim Ginsberg rated it it was amazing
Charlotte gets a call that changes her life. She's to fly to the USA and meet up with some of her online friends for her birthday. She meets up with them in Texas, where they are going to take in a show, do some shopping, and have fun for the weekend. Little does she know that the lead singer for the band, the man she has been lusting after for the last 4 years is going to turn her world upside down. Gage Weston is an actor and lead singer of A Pocket Full of Lyrics, is out on tour with his band ...more
Cynthia Ogg
Dec 01, 2015 Cynthia Ogg rated it it was amazing
It has taken me a long time to try and vocalize my feelings on this book. The good ones always seem to take me longer to review!

Let me start by saying that I received an ARC for an honest review. I LOVE that this one is easy to be honest about. It's just really damn good!

It Started in Texas introduces us to Charlotte Evans, a UK mom who takes off to Texas for a birthday weekend with the girls. Even better is that they're going to see their favorite band play. Enter Gage Weston - rock star, movie
Donna Jones
A fun lil story about a woman who is a fan of the group “ pocket full of lyrics “and her friends as they travel from the Uk to the USA to see the guys perform a concert in Texas, A chance meeting in a bar, some cigarettes and hot sex with Gage and Charlotte leaves Texas with a broken heart when they return to the uk. But all is not lost and the two slowly fall in love and so do the others. Yes this is unbelievable but its fiction and its a fun story and one I'm sure we have all had in our daydre ...more
Karen Wood
Jan 01, 2016 Karen Wood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would give more than 5 stars if i could, I loved this story from the beginning to the end, Charlotte and Gage are a perfect match, this book shows that an age gap and long distance relationship can work, I love the way the friends and band members all interact backing up the two main characters. If you like a good love story this is the book for you.

Charlotte went on a birthday trip of a lifetime to Texas to see her favourite band, but she got much more than she bargained for.

This is the firs
Suzie
Mar 23, 2016 Suzie rated it really liked it

This book is my first from this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is not your average rock star romance, this is more from the fans point of view. It is a sweet easy to read about falling in love with your idol and learning how to cope with a long distance relationship.

It was very well written and had a good mix of characters that were easy to relate to. I'm hoping for more in this series in the future.
Tracy's Place
DNF @ 21% due to infidelity.

What the blurb doesn't say is that the heroine of the book has been in a relationship with a man for 10 years and they have two kids together. She cheats while on her fun little weekend away. The author tries to justify it by saying that the relationship has been over for a while but she just hasn't done anything about it. Excuses, excuses, it still makes her a cheater.
R.E. Hargrave
Aug 04, 2015 R.E. Hargrave rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-received
In my humble opinion, this is Feeney's best work yet. It's nice to see her tackle a full length novel at last, and she doesn't even come close to disappointing with Texas. Realistic, down to earth, and full of all the feels, It Started in Texas won't leave you disappointed. Grab your copy as soon as it's available in December so you can fall in love with Gage, Charlotte, and all the rest!
M. B. Feeney is an army brat who finally settled down in Birmingham, UK with her other half, two kids and a dog. She often procrastinates by listening to music of all genres and trying to get ‘just one more paragraph’ written on whichever WIP is open; she is also a serious doodler and chocoholic. Writing has been her one true love ever since she could spell, and publishing is the final culmination ...more
More about M.B. Feeney...