Start by marking “Frankenstein (Raintree Short Classics Series)” as Want to Read:
Frankenstein (Raintree Short Classics Series)

Frankenstein (Raintree Short Classics Series)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Frankenstein, loved by many decades of readers and praised by such eminent literary critics as Harold Bloom, seems hardly to need a recommendation. If you haven't read it recently, though, you may not remember the sweeping force of the prose, the grotesque, surreal imagery, and the multilayered doppelgänger themes of Mary Shelley's masterpiece. As fantasy writer Jane Yolen ...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Raintree (first published June 28th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Frankenstein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankenstein

Jul 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who'd like to know the story as SHE intended it.
This is an excellent book. You don't know anything about Frankenstein if you haven't read this book. I guess you might be surprised that it was a woman who created the Frankenstein monster, but if you read the original, you'll understand that there is so much more to the story than society would portray through spinoffs and cartoons...
Draco3seven Crawdady
Nov 18, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Western lovers of Marijuana
I can't remember much... the parts that I do were good... and the parts that I don't make me... not make sens of the story... So I would say 5 stars but memory not clear... maybe because I use-to smoke a lot ganja???
Michalle Gould
Jan 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I didn't read this book until recently. A classic that deserves its status as a classic and that is still relevant today to fears about scientific progress and where or whether to draw a line between legitimate scientific investigation and playing God.
Janie
Feb 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
after all the movies and hearsay about frankenstein, this classic came as a delightful surprise!! all lovers of literature should read it to become acquainted with the original work and clear up many misconceptions of the poor fellow. a good october read.
Jason neese
Dec 06, 2007 rated it really liked it
i wish i liked it more than i did.
Jan 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Obviously a classic, but I found it interesting there is very little diolog in her writing...almost all prose.
Tamara
Mar 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I had no desire to read this -thanks to Hollywood. I finally gave in and I have no regrets. This is a classic for a reason.
Rabiya