Start by marking “Coastal Chef: Culinary Art of Seaweed & Algae in the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
Coastal Chef: Culinary Art of Seaweed & Algae in the 21st Century

Coastal Chef: Culinary Art of Seaweed & Algae in the 21st Century

Coastal Chef is a unique entry in the Australian cookbook scene. Fifty recipes from nineteen Australian chefs, using a selection of twenty-eight different seaweed and algae species ingredients supplied by eleven producers from seven different countries.

An eclectic collection of inspiring and innovative recipes catering for the inexperiences and sophisticated co
Published June 2014 by Harbour Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Coastal Chef, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coastal Chef

Start your review of Coastal Chef: Culinary Art of Seaweed & Algae in the 21st Century
Catherine
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Coastal Chef is an interesting look into an ingredient that is culturally intertwined with many cuisines. Many people are likely to have tried it in sushi, but seaweed and algae can be used in so many different types of meals. It provides information about many authors and locations dedicated to showcasing such a diverse ingredient.

My first thought of the book is that it's really eye catching. There are beautiful photographs of scenery and recipes, showcasing the wonder of seaweed an
Billyjean
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled to receive an advance copy of Coastal Chef - Culinary Art of Seaweed and Algae in the 21st century to read and review. It is a visually striking work with a superbly appealing cover which sparks interest and draws the reader in immediately.

I enjoyed reading a little about the backgrounds of the chefs featured in the book, and this helped to give context to the recipes offered.

The recipes themselves are amazingly varied, innovative and well presented. From appetisers t
Margaret
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Something beautifully different

I confess, I entered a Giveaway for this book because I saw it and knew it would be the perfect gift for family members who have a shack by the seaside. I'm not sure they're up for the culinary challenge (some of the recipes look a little advanced), but the coffee-table worthy pictures and interesting recipes will provide talking points on winter evenings. Actually, I hope we do get the chance to try some of them out...
Catherine
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
A beautiful looking book, but rather over ambitious in its stated aims. To me, a book for experienced chefs or to sit in the coffee table to look at the beautiful pictures. As an everyday home cook with an interest in incorporating seaweed more into my diet this book has very little for me - I don't really feel I have gained much useful knowledge, and the vast majority of recipes and seaweeds used seem quite unattainable.
Great book if you're a chef or very enthusiastic about experimenting
Claudine Tinellis
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Harbour Publishing
Diana Duncan
Apr 10, 2019
Aysomi
Apr 15, 2019
Claudine Tinellis is a one-time corporate lawyer turned writer who enjoys writing commercial contemporary women’s fiction. She has completed many writing courses including the much-lauded Fiona McIntosh Commercial Fiction Masterclass, courses with the Australian Society of Authors, Australian Writing Centre and more. Claudine is an avid reader of the contemporary women’s fiction genre and of Austr ...more