Start by marking “Unexpected Engagement (Unexpected #3)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Engagement (Unexpected #3)

Unexpected Engagement

(Unexpected #3)

Simon McLeod was a promising young naval captain before pirates attacked his ship and CIA agents forced him to fake his death and join their ranks. Since that horrible night, Simon has focused on finding the men responsible for ending his career. He’s close now, but he needs help from the man he loves. That’s a problem because Edgar is straight, has no idea how Simon feels ...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2015 by Silvia Violet Books (first published September 24th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Engagement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Engagement

Gigi
Military men FTW! This is the third book in Silvia Violet's Unexpected series, a series about a group of Navy SEALS from the same unit. (Read my review of Unexpected Rescue and Unexpected Trust.) Unexpected Engagement features former captain Simon of the Ridgeway and its medic Edgar. Simon has been in love with seemingly straight Edgar for years. When Simon ends up seeking out Edgar after years apart, the steamy romance begins.

Unexpected Engagement
Karlijn
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an really good sequel for this angsty story. I loved the MC's but wished it wasn't so abruptly ended.
Kara
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
While I did really like this book, this one just did not grab me as much as the others did for some reason..
I did like Simon and Edgar together I just wished Simon would not have fought it so much. That got a little annoying after awhile. Then when they finally get together you do feel like these two fit together so well.
You get Edgar who Simon thinks is straight and Simon who is doing a lot of under cover missions putting his life in peril which brings him to Edgar's over and over again.
This
Morgan  Skye
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
In this series, you don’t have to have read them all, but having done so definitely add sflavor to the interactions the MCs have with the secondary characters. I started this series with book 2, http://thebloggergirls.com/2014/07/31..., and I’ve really enjoyed it!

In this installment we focus on Simon: crazy, willing to do anything for the job, in love with his best friend, always one step away from imminent danger. He’s returned to Edgar (the best friend) to ask for a final favor and the hope that this time it really will b
Tam
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simon was the youngest captain of a Navy ship when it was attacked by "terrorists" but he knew it was an inside job. He's thing "killed" and goes to work for some shady agency, but is always working to find the people behind the ship disaster. Medic and friend Edgar has saved him more than once, officially and unofficially and has had enough of patching up Simon who appears to have a death wish. He shows up one more time and FINALLY Edgar (who is straight) admits to Simon his feelings. Simon bri ...more
Rebecca
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great ending to a great series!
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Simon McLeod is a man on a mission and nothing or no one is going to get in his way and that includes his straight best friend who he is in love with. When Simon was forced to fake his own death years ago his very own living nightmare began and he has been trying to put things right ever since.

Ex-teammate and medic Edgar has been patching Simon up for years but has got to the point recently where it hurts him to see his friend so battered a
Caroline Brand
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Michelle Slagan
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Engagement is book 3 in the series and I really, really hope there will be tons more books to follow.

Simon, Addy’s bodyguard from Unexpected Trust, is an adrenaline junkie who has more lives than a cat. He takes all the Special OP jobs that nobody wants. He technical doesn’t exist any longer – died when his ship sank. He is at the end of his rope and is not sure how much longer he can go on like this.

Edgar, Ex-Naval medic and Simon’s best friend. He told Simon to stop coming back to
Jennifer Mitsada
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book 3 of the Unexpected Series, and by far my favorite!! I will say the same plot from books one & two is in book 3 so you must read those first.

Simon, who we met in book 2, is a dead man, no really he is on paperwork as dead. So, he was sucked into the "spy life" with one of the various agencies that is out there. He feels he doesn't deserve the happy ever after, and to me at times it felt like he was just waiting for his body to be just as dead as he was in the books. But he has his one
booklover
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Copy received for honest review*
Reviewing for " One Click Aholics Book Group"
As much as i loved the previous two books in the series this one surpassed both of them !!
There's so much passion, action, emotion and angst in this book that at times i had to stop reading to regain my composure !! A few times a wanted to reach in and slap both of them for being stubborn,not as much as Sport & Danny or Jackson & Addy but almost !!
Simon & Edgar's story had me gripped fro
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Unexpected Engagement by Silvia Violet ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Unexpected Engagement was outstanding! It drew me in immediately, and I COULD NOT put my Kindle down! I read late into the night and have a major book hangover. Unexpected Engagement was incredibly suspenseful and kept me on the edge of my seat for much of the book! As book three in the series, it answered a lot of questions but also left me with more questions.

The characters were complex and mostly likable. Edgar is a tough ex-Navy SEAL me
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
although i've liked the other couples in this series i liked these guys the best. i felt more emotion with them. possibly because they had been skirting this relationship for so long or possibly because they both just suffered more through their relationship.

simon is exactly the bada$$ you think he is in book 2. he's lived through so much and come out stronger from each incident. he felt he wasn't good enough for edgar and didn't want to endanger him with his lifestyle so he tried to stay away
Lisa
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another intense read as Simon continues the search behind the attacks on his and Jackson's teams. Getting ever closer, the danger ratchets up a gear or two. Edgar was on Simon's team when they were attacked. Although is now out of the game, Simon trusts him implicitly and returns to him heal when he is injured. While Simon has had feelings for Edgar for a while, he hasn't acted on them for fear of putting him in danger and not knowing if Edgar was even gay. But Edgar has been carrying feelings f ...more
Andrea Goodell
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Finally, two MC that match what they are supposed to be doing.

Simon, hurt and on the run turns to Edgar his best friend but the last person he should.

Edgar can’t help himself, for years he’s fallen into this destructive pattern so why change now.

These two work well together, fighting the bad guys, learning each other, overcoming other issues. I’m starting to understand more and more of what is happening and what happened to get all of these charaters to this p
Molly Lolly
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four stars!
I really enjoyed seeing Simon and Edgar get together. They are so perfect for each other. They clearly both want to take care of each other and it leads to some interesting situations. The subplot Simon is investigating was so interesting. I wanted to know what happens and see who all was behind it. I couldn’t put the book down! There’s still some of that to be handled. But there’s a logical stopping point and there was enough progress you don’t feel
Page Turners
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the third installment in the series and possibly my favorite so far because the connection between Simon and Edgar has blown up in the best fiery way possible. Now that the truth is out and the friendship has deepened nothing can stand in their way or so they think. The bad guys are still conspiring to fulfill their plan and the drama and suspense has risen. I have enjoyed each of these installments in the series and look forward to reading more. The relationship between Edgar and Simon ...more
Rachael Orman
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cute, hot, m-m
I loved this addition to this series. Getting to know Simon more was excellent. There was something about the way Simon cared so much for Edgar because of everything in their past that just did it for me. The angst between Edgar being 'straight' and Simon always putting himself in danger that kept me flipping pages.

Even at the end of the book we are still left with questions but we get a bit farther with the plot which is nice and keeps the overall storyline moving along.

Can't wait for more! ...more
Nat ReadingAllNite
Very good book in the series.

This addition to the "Unexpected" lineup was quite good. A lot more action than the last one. This also had most of the characters we'd already met except for Addy. The bad guys plan is being uncovered, although it's getting a little bizarre. This also had virgin man-love! Edgar and Simon were pretty hot together. This is a series that is staying pretty strong and for me is a great improvement over the other series I've read from this author.
Jenn C
Oct 03, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - it was nice to get the background this provided and dang the way these two snark and argue yet take care of each other (okay - Edgar takes care of Simon, but Simon looks out for Edgar) is HOT. Waiting to hear what happens next and with whom. I hope there is a little more Addy and Jackson in the next. Addy isn't in this one at all, which I understand - he's not a spy/ops/military person but it would have been nice to hear a it about him.
Rachel
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. This is the third book and I can't believe how much angst there still was. Edgar and Simon seem well matched and had so much between them.
I loved how the plot is coming together and just can't wait for more. There has to be another as the whole thing isn't over yet.
The only problem with this book was how abruptly it finished.
I want HEA s for all these couples and some weddings before this series finishes.
Ineztey
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love all the characters in this series and couldn't wait for Simon's story. The author did not disappoint with the third installment. Edgar and Simon were super hot together. Many times I wanted to knock some sense into Simon's stubborn head, but Edgar took care of it for me. Love the interaction between the characters from all 3 books in the series.
Lidia
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story of Simon and Edgar wasn't what I expected , but I liked it especially Edgar character , because wasn't the usually stuff about friends become lover: not much angst, misunderstanding and drama. I liked the dominant part of Edgar and like him is able to see behind la facade and to know what Simon's needs. Sweet and wonderful the end the book.
Maggie
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this!

Another great addition with this book! Action, intrigue and two hot MC's with a fast paced and engaging storyline, I could not put the book down! Well written, it had everything I love in a great story!
Angelmira
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military
come on... i want to know what's our next move.
Madonna196
rated it did not like it
Oct 01, 2015
Oct 05, 2015
Kobie
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Admittedly, I am reading this out of order. It is my first book in the series. But, I am DNFing. It is fine as a stand alone. But, there is too much internal angst dialogue for me. It slows the pacing. And makes me not care anymore about what happens. If you both love each other, say so and move on. DNF at 35%.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Silvia Violet writes fun, sexy stories that will leave you smiling and satisfied. She has a thing for characters who are in need of comfort and enjoys helping them surrender to love even when they doubt it exists. Silvia's stories include sizzling contemporaries, paranormals, and historicals. When she needs a break from listening to the voices in her head, she spends time baking, taking long walks ...more

Unexpected (3 books)
  • Unexpected Rescue (Unexpected #1)
  • Unexpected Trust (Unexpected #2)