Start by marking “The Wedding Pact (The O'Malleys, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Pact (The O'Malleys, #2)

The Wedding Pact

(The O'Malleys #2)

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katee Robert continues her smoking-hot series about the O'Malleys-wealthy, powerful, and full of scandalous family secrets.

Carrigan O'Malley has always known her arranged marriage would be more about power and prestige than passion. But after one taste of the hard-bodied, whiskey-voiced James Halloran, she's ruined for anyone
Audiobook
Published April 26th 2016 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Pact

Sabrina
NOW LIVE!!!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*Barnes & Noble*

*Edited to fix teaser*

Wow! This book kept me in suspense the whole time reading. My heart was beating so fast during James and Carrigan's story, and I really had no clue how this was going to end.

Carrigan has escaped her father's grasp long enough, and he's finally laid down the law about her getting married. To her father, Carrigan isn't a daughter, she's a business pawn that he can use to make arrangements with and gain more power. She starts
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katee Roberts Fans, Romance
4 Two Wrongs Make Such an Explosive Right Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Last May, I read the first book of a series about 3 Irish Crime families by Katee Robert. I found it had heart, layers and potential...especially with the secondary characters of James Halloran and Carrigan O'Malley. Both families are mortal enemies... have been for a long time and now even more so due to a death of a young brother and kidnapping.

These two are not what they let others see...He hates what he has to do as the new h
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.75 Stars

His options were sink or swim- and if he sunk, he'd take a hell of a lot of people with him. So he got up every day, and he swam, even though some of the shit he was required to do turn his stomach and made him lose sleep.

The Wedding Pact picks up right where The Marriage Contract left off. For those that are thinking of reading these books as standalones, while you technically could, I'd recommend reading the series in order as the story arc continues through the books and the O'Mal
★★★
It seems high-profile crime families are their own kind of royalty, entwining together families, assets, and resources via the strategically arranged marriages of their children. At least that is the situation our heroine finds herself in. But she just happens to be in love with the enemy. Talk about Romeo and Juliet.

Katee Robert knows how to write romantic suspense. The O'Malleys series is the first crime family series I have ever read and I am enjoying the new scenery. In my opinion, the r
Paige
The Wedding Pact is the second book in The O'Malley's series. It follows Carrigan O'Malley's and James Halloran's forbidden love story. Both from well known and feared crime families, these two meet under less than ideal circumstances in book one, but explore their connection in The Wedding Pact. Filled with a tumultuous love affair, arranged marriages and a family feud, these two have to fight for what they want or they'll never get it.

This was my first book by Katee Robert and while it's a st
Alyssa

Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: April 26, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Brooke — brooklynnnnereads

As I continue reading this series (in mixed up order, mind you) I have discovered that what I like most in this series is the relationships, the tension, and the intense chemistry between the love interests. That should surprise absolutely no one with the fact that this book is in the Romance genre.

But I do have to say that because what I find the novel truly lacks on is....everything else. The relationship and romance portion? Great! But the background and side stories going on with t
♥Rachel♥
DNF at 33%. Just couldn't get into this with all the mob stuff. Also, having to witness Carrigan go on dates with her father's list of candidates for her mandatory marriage did not sound like fun when she only had eyes for James.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳

(Arc offered in exchange for an honest review)
More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Lonna | FLYLēF
Katee Robert's second installment in The O'Malleys series is sexy and fun, with a bit of danger that keeps it interesting. Full review to come...
Lover of Romance
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review Updated
Summary
Carrigan O'Malley has always known her place in the family, and that her destiny would always be marriage. Growing up with a father like hers, she always knew that he would move them around like pieces on a chessboard. But after she and her sister's return back home to Boston, her father gives her a list of six candidates and she must date them and choose one to marry. Carrigan hates each one of her options because she knows tha
nick
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, adult

I read Katee Robert's The Marriage Contract last year and really loved the forbidden romance. In that book, we were also introduced to James and Carrigan's characters, who had so much chemistry, it was palpable whenever they were in a scene. Naturally, I couldn't wait for The Wedding Pact to be released so I could get their story and happily ever after in completion. It's safe to say I went in with lots of expectations and Katee Robert delivered in every single way.

I loved this book so much and
Kim Bailey
Have I mentioned lately that I love forbidden romance?

This story had a wonderful Romeo & Juliette kind of vibe … two star-crossed lovers ... their Irish mob families are at war … risking it all, even possible death, to be with each other.

Carrigan O’Malley and James Halloran are two serious bad-asses. However, they are both simply products of their environment and really lament the crime family lifestyles they are forced to lead.
Carrigan is faced with the decision of marriage – not that she h
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Paige's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I liked James and Carrigan from the first book in the series. They explosive relationship in book two carried forward to their own story.
The author does a good job blending romance, the Irish mob and internal family dynamics in this series. At times, I did find certain story lines confusing.

James is now head of his family and must behave as such. He must prove to his family and the others that he means business. His brother has oth
Syndi
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
The blurb is so promising. But the story is real flat. The chemistry between james and Carigan on the 1st book is so hot and explosive. They stole the show on the first book. But when it is their book, everything is cooling down. So cold that there is no explosive chemistry between them anymore.

The story is also ridiculous flat. The suspense, the crime drama... none. No existence. The flirting is also boring.

2 stars
Timitra
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a ride, it was wild, enjoyable, at times sweet, other times messed up but overall such a beautifully told story so much so that my heart sighs at the thought of James and Carrigan, I loved their journey.

I truly love this series and cannot wait to read the next book, An Indecent Proposal.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review
Kahea

This is my first book by Katee Robert, yeah I broke my rule about not starting on a series if I haven’t read the first book, but after reading the description I just had to break it. I mean we have the Irish mafia, an arranged marriage in the works and the whole Romeo and Juliet star crossed lovers thing going on. How could I say no to that? I couldn’t and I gotta say that I really enjoyed the book. I liked the world that’s been created and the people who populate it, even the scary bad ones and
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 1ffa927326f6ad77f3d9d53814b05a_zpsv0on42fw.gif

If you read Katee Robert's The Marriage Contract then you were introduced to three prominent Irish Boston mafia families and so in this second installment, The Wedding Pact Katee Robert takes her readers back to the nitty-gritty corrupt worlds of three families and their struggle for power and control.

Carrigan O’Malley and James Halloran belong to two opposing families. They are well aware that their families are manipulative and ruthles
☕️Kimberly
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Wedding Pact focuses on Carrigan O’Malley. In Carrigan’s world, daughters are pawns for alliances and power plays. Her father demands complete compliance and gives her thirty days to choose a husband from his list of approved candidates. I kid you not. All of the men are cads, but to disobey her father is unthinkable.

While she is checking out perspectives husbands, her path crosses again with James Halloran, now head of the Halloran family after the events in the Wedding Contract. While this
Lisa
lol I just realized I didn't mark this one as Read on goodreads I've finished it like a week ago

James and Carrigan had a pretty much explosive chemistry in the first book, and I'm so glad that their book didn't disappoint! I love how they caved to it (well, James did pretty quickly, it took Carrigan longer to just let go be free get freaky with him), and I love how James became a pivotal support system for Carrigan. ugh I need more of them

anyway JAMES. WHERE CAN A GIRL GET ONE OF /THAT/
Elizabeth Neal
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
James can't stop thinking about her...Carrigan, the woman he shouldn't want. But after having one taste of her, he accepts he's hooked.

Although it seems she wants nothing to do with him. Of course, you can't really blame the woman. After what happened in the first book. *Yeah, things aren't looking good for you, James.* In his defense, he did "help" her and Callie escape before they were subjected to the Halloran brand of justice.

Carrigan regrets taking the sentimental item on a whim, yet she c
Siobhan Davis
Carrigan and James fall for each other despite their families being sworn enemies, and irrespective of the fact that her father is currently arranging her wedding to a man of his choosing.

I haven't read the first book in this series but it didn't matter, as this book can be read as a standalone. That said, I really want to read the first book now as I'm intrigued to learn more about this world.

The romance is perfect in this book - I liked how it progressed. Both mains are likeable despite their
Eva • All Books Considered
Review originally posted at All Books Considered: 3 STARS

I liked this one. I think my first GR status update was that I was not expecting so much plot -- I hope that doesn't sound awful but usually when a shirtless guy is on the cover of a book, there may not be a lot of history or plot that isn't forward momentum for the romance. Not so, here -- in fact, for me, there may have been a few too many details about the backstory, and about the two mob families to which the two MCs/love interests b
Lana
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia
So this is is the second book in The O'Malley's series and let me tell you that first book got me hooked like...  photo 17613269_zpsvjirnbps.gif

I liked both James and Carrigan and thought their chemistry was great but there was too much story or history...I just wanted James and Carrigan a little bit longer.And hate that ending....I was hoping to some big fat long epilogue argh!!!

If you want to read this book you must read first book,even if they say it's standalone..there are some parts in books that follow first book and we
Jessica Alcazar
Okay, so a few things that are ridiculously interesting about this book. You think you're going to get a typical Mafia story, but you aren't. Not this story. Yes, they are what one would call crime families, but our leads are working to try and improve their families. To move away from the criminal way. Carrigan and James both broke all the rules. They went against the family. But not in a malicious way. No, they wanted to better their families. And they leaned on each other to do it ...
This is
Andrea Peralta
I am loving this series. One of the things that I love the most is the character development, the layers of complexity of the main and secondary characters make them real an relatable and with each book you discover a different scope. I really like Carrigan and James they felt like Romeo and Juliet with a better ending. I like their passion and determination to go for who they want without letting other people opinions matter. On to the next one!
A Klue
She does it again, my romance book-loving friends. The Wedding Pact, with its Romeo & Juliet mafia based love theme, was a big hit with this NetGally book reviewer. Though it can be read as a stand-alone, you really should read book 1, The Marriage Contract, first.

Why? Because it sets the stage for this seemingly impossible romance between James & Carrigan. You won’t be left guessing for a Mafioso minute about the bad blood that flows between these two rival mafia families. Or why it’s
Kristin
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been wanting to read Katee Robert for a while now.  Don't you just hate feeling like the last person to "know" when all your reading friends are reading an author, raving this and that about the books.  And you are getting left behind in the dust behind your huge TBR pile.  "NO MORE!" I screamed... (softly to myself - my family already thinks I'm weird).

I first picked up The Wedding Pact as an ARC and started reading it but quickly realized that I would HAVE to read the book that preceeded
Susan (susayq ~)
If you are into mafia/mob romances then this is the book for you!

This is the second book in the O'Malley series (yes, it can be read as a stand alone, I did it and was fine). The O'Malley's are a mob family in Boston who has been in a war with the Sheridan and Halloran families. Except now, they're kind of in a truce with the Sheridan's because an O'Malley son is marrying Callie Sheridan. But, that's not the romance here. The romance is between Carrigan O'Malley and James Halloran.

Carrigan and
Miranda Whore
Review for The Wedding Pact by Katee Robert

The O’Malleys are back and they are just as full of drama and danger as ever. I’m really enjoying this series and the dynamics between the different mob families. The feuding and the unconventional ways they create bonds between them to strengthen their positions. Katee Robert definitely has her hands full with these characters. So many different personalities and voices to make come to life and she does it with ease.

Carrigan O’Malley is being forced to
  • Touch (Pagano Family, #2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • On Best Behavior (Conduct #3)
  • Seeing Black (Seeing Red, #2)
  • Wife by Agreement
  • Chasing Desire (Chasing Love, #3)
  • Maybe This (The McCallans, #4)
  • Whit's End (Willow Springs Ranch #6)
  • The Pumpkin Was Stuffed (The Holidays, #5)
  • Blue (Love in Color #2)
  • Midtown Masters (Sins in the City, #3)
  • Breaking His Rules (Feeling the Heat, #4)
  • Going Deep (Alpha Ops, #5)
  • The Boss (Untamed Hearts, #5)
  • Bullet Proof (B-Squad, #0.5; The MacKenzie Family, #10.3)
  • Waiting for Willa (Big Sky, #3)
  • Plow (Brighten Sister's Duet Book 1)
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katee Robert learned to tell her stories at her grandpa’s knee. Her 2015 title, The Marriage Contract, was a RITA finalist, and RT Book Reviews named it 'a compulsively readable book with just the right amount of suspense and tension." When not writing sexy contemporary and romantic suspense, she spends her time playing imaginary games with her child ...more

The O'Malleys (6 books)
  • The Marriage Contract (The O'Malleys, #1)
  • An Indecent Proposal (The O'Malleys, #3)
  • Forbidden Promises (The O'Malleys, #4)
  • Undercover Attraction (The O'Malleys, #5)
  • The Bastard's Bargain (The O'Malleys, #6)
“What would I have to do to get you to let me drive this thing?” His unexpected grin sent her heart hurtling into her stomach. “For you, lovely? All you have to do is ask. Scoot.” He tossed her the keys and nodded to the driver’s seat. That” 0 likes