Start by marking “The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)

The Queen of Nothing

(The Folk of the Air #3)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  24,950 ratings  ·  5,369 reviews
He will be destruction of the crown and the ruination of the throne.

Power is much easier to acquire than it is to hold onto. Jude learned this lesson when she released her control over the wicked king, Cardan, in exchange for immeasurable power.

Now as the exiled mortal Queen of Faerie, Jude is powerless and left reeling from Cardan’s betrayal. She bides her time
Published November 19th 2019 by Little, Brown

To ask other readers questions about The Queen of Nothing, please sign up.
MP What am I supposed to do without you?
Is it too late to pick the pieces up? (MAYBE NOT!! GO!!)
Too soon to let them go? (LET THEM GO? ARE YOU KIDDING?)
…more
What am I supposed to do without you?
Is it too late to pick the pieces up? (MAYBE NOT!! GO!!)
Too soon to let them go? (LET THEM GO? ARE YOU KIDDING?)
Do you feel damaged just like I do? (OF COURSE SHE DOES!)
Your face, it makes my body ache
It won't leave me alone (SERVES YOU RIGHT!)

And this feels like drowning
Trouble sleeping
Restless dreaming

Always, always
I just got scared (YOU GOT SCARED? SHE WAS IN THIS WITH YOU!!)
Away, away
I'd rather choke on my bad decisions (YOU BETTER!!!)
Then just carry them to my grave
Always, always, always

Cracks won't fix and the scars won't fade away
I guess I should get used to this
The left side of my bed's an empty space
I remember we were strangers
So tell me what's the difference
Between then and now

And why does this feel like drowning?
Trouble sleeping
Restless dreaming

I just got scared
Away, away
I'd rather choke on my bad decisions
Then just carry them to my grave

I just got scared
Away, away
I know there's nothing left to cling to
But I'm still calling out your name

(less)

·  24,950 ratings  ·  5,369 reviews

Start your review of The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
Melanie
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

1.) The Cruel Prince
1.5) The Lost Sisters
2.) The Wicked King

“By you, I am forever undone.”

I can’t believe it’s over. I feel like I’ve been in love with Holly Black’s fae stories my entire life and seeing this series finally close means more to me than I have words for, truly. This series, this world, these characters, have brought me so much unconditional happiness, and I truly am not ready to say goodbye, but I do think this was a very perfect ending.

Also, a few things before I start
Emily May
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, 2019, young-adult
"By you, I am forever undone."

Was this series the most perfectly-plotted? The most unique? Did it break any new ground? No to all of the above. But I read every page of this with my heart pounding and a lump in my throat-- how many perfectly-plotted, unique and ground-breaking books can I say that about?

These books are a serious addiction for me. I have been obsessing over this conclusion for over a year and imagining so many wonderful and awful ways it could end. I wasn't disappointed. It was
Miranda Reads
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as a heads up, I got my copy from Owl Crate - a truly wonderful book subscription box. One of my absolute favorites for special editions.*
description
Also, is it just me, or was the box particularly brilliant this round?
description
Because, seriously, wow. It was incredible. Especially the little spoons.
description
And the gorgeous beetle pin.
description
And then there's the quote coasters. Ahhh. I just couldn't handle it.
description
*not a sponsor, just a fan.

His eyes are black with desire. "By you, I am forever undone.”Jude, the mortal
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Jan 05, 2018 marked it as not-released
This shit ain't even out and I'm already stressing
amy ☂︎
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, 2019
am i a furry if i would smash cardan be honest :/
Victoria Aveyard
Sep 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
I NEED IT.
Chaima ✨ شيماء
okay, let's do this

She might be the queen of nothing.

But she’s every fucking inch a queen.
jessica
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
bad news: found out i DO NOT have the power to manifest dreams into reality.

good news: even though my ending is definitely better, i am wholly content with how this ends.

________________________________

i had a dream last night that i snuck into the little brown publishing office, stole a copy of this, and read the final scene.

it was taryns funeral, with carden and jude laughing wickedly together in dark love over her casket.

never in my life have i wanted to manifest something into existence so
Helena of Eretz ✰
Buddy read with Alison and Hamad!

NO!!! IT’S OVER!!! WHY IS IT OVER?!!!

This was SO SO GOOD and everything I wanted from the finale.

(I’ll post a proper review in a few hours.)

Jude, back with a vengeance: description
Kai
Oct 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
true love is the release date of this book being moved to NOVEMBER THIS YEAR

---------------------

unpopular opinion alert: Jude and Cardan are destructive, manipulative and cruel and suck as an otp
MischaS_
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist, cannot-wait
EDIT: WHY DOES IT SAY THAT THE PUBLICATION DATE IS November 19th 2019!!! WHAT IS THIS?! IS IT REAL?

EDIT: EHM... DID YOU SEE THAT COVER!????? Don't mind me, I'm just going to spend a couple of hours over-analysing it! (The broken crown! The ice! The crown in the ice?! The snake! (after reading other reactions, I'm happy that I'm not the only one who thought that it's the snake Taryn ) The purple thing which I thought was blood but it seems like some kind of berry or whatever!)

EDIT: When her twin
Nilufer Ozmekik
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LAST UPDATE: TATATATA! Added most of the very famous groveling letters of Cardan. You may find them hid inside my review!!!! You're welcome friends!

I did everything to finish these series slower. I did have so many coffee, snack, wine, lunch, brunch, happy hour, more happy hour, oh no I’m sooo drunk I cannot feel my legs but I still cannot help myself reading this last book hour breaks!

It didn’t work because the story already captivated my mind and I started scheming great schemes , biting my
Chloe
wow... i loved this so much & i’m so sad this series is over ...more
Biz
Jan 03, 2018 marked it as desperately-waiting-for
[MARCH 25, 2019]

HOLY CRAP THAT COVER HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY DARLING HELLO MY RAGTIME PAL IM NOT READY!!!!

when you tryna analyze the title of this book because on one hand it could mean nothing, like, just nothing, but on the other hand in The Cruel Prince mortals are consistently referred to as "nothing," (ala " You were born from nothing," and stuff like that) so maybe Jude is going to be queen over the mortals OR maybe faerie, but on the other hand the title might not even be REFERRING to
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

I spent much of my life guarding my heart. I guarded it so well that I could behave as though I didn’t have one at all. Even now, it is a shabby, worm-eaten, and scabrous thing. But it is yours.

Omg! That cover! I’m feeling all magical inside!

Mel
✨ A ✨
Jan 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-release
Impatiently waiting for my copy to arrive and trying to ward off the spoilers XD
______
I will no longer be in hibernation until 2020. JUST UNTIL NOVEMBER 19th 2019 BISHES!!
______
I will be in hibernation until 2020. Wake me up when this book comes out so that I may rejoin my Queen .
My reviews for:
NB: all these books are set in the same world.

The Folk of the Air series
Book #1 : The Cruel Prince
Book #1.5 : The Lost Sisters
Book #2 : The Wicked King

Modern Faerie Tales series
Book #1 : Tithe
Tatiana

I gulped it down in a matter of a few hours (and some chapters *cough*21*cough* I may have read a few times), and while I am currently a little hazy on the details of The Queen of Nothing, I am left with a sense of satisfaction and peace. This series is a success, IMO.

I am not going to get into details of the plot. The fact that I couldn't stop reading/listening to this story speaks for itself (alternatively, I couldn't wait NOT to read The Toll anymore just a week ago). The biggest
chan ☆
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
me reading the folk of the air trilogy in a day *spoilers*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLg5D...

my fan theory was only SLIGHTLY wrong, holly black!!!

update 1/14: holly said my fan theory was cool but wrong

time to be sad and curious for a WHOLE year <333333

************************

more like queen of cardan’s heart amirite

************************

for those of you who want to envision jude as a queen and also like smutty smut:

~good shit guaranteed~
MischaS_
Okay... excuse me if I make zero sense... I am somewhat sleep-deprived. (I may edit this review after I catch a quick nap! I kept thinking about what I wanted to write before I fell asleep and now I feel like I forgot half of it.)

Right away, I want to say that this was an amazing series, one I did not believe I would enjoy as much as I did. And I believe I will re-read it one day. But that said I had some issues with the finale.

Since I read the second book, I was making theories. I wondered
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Jun 26, 2018 marked it as please-give-me
everyone else: excitedly getting started on the Wicked King
me staring at Holly Black’s window and quoting the SNL Papyrus skit: I know what you did. I KNOW WHAT YOU DIIIIIID
alana ♡
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
"For what we want most, we will take almost any chance."

Let me preface this by saying I've always been honest in my reviews and I'm not about to start sugar-coating things now. So, if you loved this book and are willing to down fighting tooth and nail over it, do you. You're entitled to your opinions and they're totally valid since we all have different reading experiences. If you loved this book, I'm happy for you but this just wasn't for me. And it's not that it was bad, I mean, I devoured
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 The Cruel Prince
#2 The Wicked King
#3 The Queen of Nothing ???

Is it ever going to be here
Nick
Feb 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
so apparently this book is coming out this year and I think I am not ready
Hamad
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Review Blog Twitter Instagram

“I am the Queen of Elfhame. Even though I am the queen in exile, I am still the queen.”

The Cruel Prince
The Wicked King
The Queen of Nothing

There is no wonder that Holly Black created such a large ripple in the YA community with this series and it is over now! I don’t know if fans will ever get over it though! The series kept getting better and better and I enjoyed this journey! The book which has been released a couple of days ago already has 6000
Chelsea Humphrey
Pre-order incentives found HERE!

******************

NEW PUB DATE: November 19, 2019!!!!!

• Lindsey Dahling •
This was so good I almost passed away.
Whitney Atkinson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

King and queen on the page, king and queen of my heart. I love Jude & Cardan and I love that this book finally broke down the barriers between them. Jude continued to be a complex and smart character and I really enjoyed watching her scheme to do the best for the elf world, and the moments when she noticed her weaknesses were really powerful.

Although this book was fast and interesting, it just lacked a wow factor for me. For a finale, it wasn't super climactic. It seemed like the
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
“By you, I am forever undone.”

Yes, book, by you I am forever undone. A part of me has been ruined but in the best sort of way. Much like what I felt at the end of The Young Elites Trilogy, this book will forever be engrained in me. It joins the former as one of my favorite series of all-time.

Final Character Impressions:
Jude
 photo giphy_zpsikhed1zv.gif
As usual, our girl killed it. But more than that I'm proud of how far she has come emotionally. No longer is she denying the parts of her that make her human. No longer
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
My boyfriend is happy there won’t be any ARCs of this since I was planning on sacrificing him for a copy. I, obviously, am not. I refuse to believe that Jude isn’t the queen of Cardan’s cold black heart.
Zainab
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review here

So you are telling me I waited for months for this book, only to devour it in less than 24 hours?
Man, I need more Jude and Cardan.

• Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Wild Like Us (Like Us, #8)
  • Untitled (Six of Crows, #3)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1)
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • The Last Confessions of Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw (The Shaw Confessions, #3)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones,The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more

The Folk of the Air (3 books)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
“It's you I love," he says. "I've spent much of my life guarding my heart. I guarded it so well that I could behave as though I didn't have one at all. Even now, it is a shabby, worm-eaten, and scabrous thing. But it is yours." He walks to the door to the royal chambers, as though to end the conversation. "You probably guessed as much," he says. "But just in case you didn't.” 82 likes
“It really is a magical word: no. You say whatever bullshit you want and I just say no.” 80 likes