Start by marking “The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)

The Queen of Nothing

(The Folk of the Air #3)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  100,711 ratings  ·  14,729 reviews
He will be destruction of the crown and the ruination of the throne.

Power is much easier to acquire than it is to hold onto. Jude learned this lesson when she released her control over the wicked king, Cardan, in exchange for immeasurable power.

Now as the exiled mortal Queen of Faerie, Jude is powerless and left reeling from Cardan’s betrayal. She bides her time deter
Published November 19th 2019 by Little, Brown

To ask other readers questions about The Queen of Nothing, please sign up.
MP What am I supposed to do without you?
Is it too late to pick the pieces up? (MAYBE NOT!! GO!!)
Too soon to let them go? (LET THEM GO? ARE YOU KIDDING?)
D
…more
What am I supposed to do without you?
Is it too late to pick the pieces up? (MAYBE NOT!! GO!!)
Too soon to let them go? (LET THEM GO? ARE YOU KIDDING?)
Do you feel damaged just like I do? (OF COURSE SHE DOES!)
Your face, it makes my body ache
It won't leave me alone (SERVES YOU RIGHT!)

And this feels like drowning
Trouble sleeping
Restless dreaming

Always, always
I just got scared (YOU GOT SCARED? SHE WAS IN THIS WITH YOU!!)
Away, away
I'd rather choke on my bad decisions (YOU BETTER!!!)
Then just carry them to my grave
Always, always, always

Cracks won't fix and the scars won't fade away
I guess I should get used to this
The left side of my bed's an empty space
I remember we were strangers
So tell me what's the difference
Between then and now

And why does this feel like drowning?
Trouble sleeping
Restless dreaming

I just got scared
Away, away
I'd rather choke on my bad decisions
Then just carry them to my grave

I just got scared
Away, away
I know there's nothing left to cling to
But I'm still calling out your name

(less)

·  100,711 ratings  ·  14,729 reviews

Start your review of The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
Melanie
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

1.) The Cruel Prince ★★★★★
1.5) The Lost Sisters ★★★★★
2.) The Wicked King ★★★★★

“By you, I am forever undone.”

I can’t believe it’s over. I feel like I’ve been in love with Holly Black’s fae stories my entire life and seeing this series finally close means more to me than I have words for, truly. This series, this world, these characters, have brought me so much unconditional happiness, and I truly am not ready to say goodbye, but I do think this was a very perfect ending.

Also, a coupl
Miranda Reads
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hardcover, ya-series
description
I read through 315 books to bring you my Top 10 Books of the Year .

Now you know that this one made the cut, check out the video to see the others!

As a heads up, I got my copy from Owl Crate - a truly wonderful book subscription box. A favorite for special editions.*
description
Is it just me, or was the box particularly brilliant this round?
description
Because, wow. It was incredible. Especially the little spoons.
description
And the gorgeous beetle pin.
description
I just couldn't handle it.
*not a sponsor,
Emily May
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy, 2019
"By you, I am forever undone."

Was this series the most perfectly-plotted? The most unique? Did it break any new ground? No to all of the above. But I read every page of this with my heart pounding and a lump in my throat-- how many perfectly-plotted, unique and ground-breaking books can I say that about?

These books are a serious addiction for me. I have been obsessing over this conclusion for over a year and imagining so many wonderful and awful ways it could end. I wasn't disappointed. It w
chai ♡
By now, most of you have probably heard that The Folk of the Air series will be a duology instead of a trilogy. No books will be coming out after The Wicked King. As you can imagine this has taken quite a toll on me. Please respect my privacy during this difficult time. Thank you.
Nick
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A concept: a sitcom where Cardan moves to the human world and tries to adapt to its rules and lifestyle, Oak faces high school , Heather and Vivi fight constantly, all in one house, while Jude tries to handle them all.
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Jan 05, 2018 marked it as not-released
This shit ain't even out and I'm already stressing
Victoria Aveyard
Sep 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
I NEED IT.
amy ☂︎
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, buddy-read
am i a furry if i would smash cardan be honest :/
jessica
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
bad news: found out i DO NOT have the power to manifest dreams into reality.

good news: even though my ending is definitely better, i am wholly content with how this ends.

________________________________

i had a dream last night that i snuck into the little brown publishing office, stole a copy of this, and read the final scene.

it was taryns funeral, with carden and jude laughing wickedly together in dark love over her casket.

never in my life have i wanted to manifest something into existence so
Helena of Eretz ✰
Buddy read with Alison and Hamad!

NO!!! IT’S OVER!!! WHY IS IT OVER?!!!

This was SO SO GOOD and everything I wanted from the finale.

Jude, back with a vengeance: description
MischaS_
Okay... excuse me if I make zero sense... I am somewhat sleep-deprived. (I may edit this review after I catch a quick nap! I kept thinking about what I wanted to write before I fell asleep and now I feel like I forgot half of it.)

Right away, I want to say that this was an amazing series, one I did not believe I would enjoy as much as I did. And I believe I will re-read it one day. But that said I had some issues with the finale.

Since I read the second book, I was making theories. I wondered wha
Kai
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
“All power is cursed. The most terrible among us will do anything to get it, and those who’d wield power best don’t want it thrust upon them.”

Please tell me that the only reason why this books was so short is that Holly Black is planning an elaborate new Faerie series with equally backstabbing, ruthless characters and vaults filled with rotten magic. Because I don't think I can make myself accept this was the last we heard of Faerie.

The Folk of the Air books have easily become one of my favourit
Nilufer Ozmekik
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LAST UPDATE: TATATATA! Added most of the very famous groveling letters of Cardan. You may find them hid inside my review!!!! You're welcome friends!

I did everything to finish these series slower. I did have so many coffee, snack, wine, lunch, brunch, happy hour, more happy hour, oh no I’m sooo drunk I cannot feel my legs but I still cannot help myself reading this last book hour breaks!

It didn’t work because the story already captivated my mind and I started scheming great schemes , biting my n
Chloe
wow... i loved this so much & i’m so sad this series is over 😭🖤 ...more
 Teodora
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.75/5 ⭐

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf🐺

“Maybe it isn’t the worst thing to want to be loved, even if you’re not.”

This final book is all about love and being loved and who didn’t see or wanted to believe that, I have news – it is all true.

In this book, the action that was so vivid in the first volume and slowed a bit down in the second one starts to pick up the pace again. But there is something different about the action of this third book. It feels more twisty.

I persona
✨ A ✨
“Mortals are fragile,’ I say.

‘Not you,’ he says in a way that sounds a little like a lament. ‘You never break.”

⚠DO NOT continue if you HAVE NOT read book one (The Cruel Prince) and book two(The Wicked King) ⚠

Jude, the High Queen of faerie has been exiled by her busband Carden Greenbriar. Her father Madoc is still set on claiming the throne for himself through means of war and Jude is beyond frustrated with her uselessness of being stuck in the mortal world.

But when an opportunity to sneak back
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Reread 2020. I’ve decided to unhaul these hardbacks. Maybe get them on kindle on sale. I’m just not feeling them like I used to

🖤

Omg! That cover! I’m feeling all magical inside! 💕🌸🦄

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
alana ♡
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
"For what we want most, we will take almost any chance."

Let me preface this by saying I've always been honest in my reviews and I'm not about to start sugar-coating things now. So, if you loved this book and are willing to down fighting tooth and nail over it, do you. You're entitled to your opinions and they're totally valid since we all have different reading experiences. If you loved this book, I'm happy for you but this just wasn't for me. And it's not that it was bad, I mean, I devoured
MischaS_
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist, cannot-wait
EDIT: WHY DOES IT SAY THAT THE PUBLICATION DATE IS November 19th 2019!!! WHAT IS THIS?! IS IT REAL?

EDIT: EHM... DID YOU SEE THAT COVER!????? Don't mind me, I'm just going to spend a couple of hours over-analysing it! (The broken crown! The ice! The crown in the ice?! The snake! (after reading other reactions, I'm happy that I'm not the only one who thought that it's the snake Taryn 😂) The purple thing which I thought was blood but it seems like some kind of berry or whatever!🙀)

EDIT: When her twi
Tatiana
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I gulped it down in a matter of a few hours (and some chapters *cough*21*cough* I may have read a few times), and while I am currently a little hazy on the details of The Queen of Nothing, I am left with a sense of satisfaction and peace. This series is a success, IMO.

I am not going to get into details of the plot. The fact that I couldn't stop reading/listening to this story speaks for itself (alternatively, I couldn't wait NOT to read The Toll anymore just a week ago). The biggest tr
Biz
Jan 03, 2018 marked it as desperately-waiting-for
[MARCH 25, 2019]

HOLY CRAP THAT COVER HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY DARLING HELLO MY RAGTIME PAL IM NOT READY!!!!

when you tryna analyze the title of this book because on one hand it could mean nothing, like, just nothing, but on the other hand in The Cruel Prince mortals are consistently referred to as "nothing," (ala " You were born from nothing," and stuff like that) so maybe Jude is going to be queen over the mortals OR maybe faerie, but on the other hand the title might not even be REFERRING to Ju
Kat
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
ok, the ending was pretty rushed and weak, BUT tbh i still had a lot of fun with this and i’m feeling generous

(but also the wicked king is superior)

(oh and jude could kill me and i’d say thanks)

(that’s all ok bye)
chan ☆
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
me reading the folk of the air trilogy in a day *spoilers*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLg5D...

my fan theory was only SLIGHTLY wrong, holly black!!!

update 1/14: holly said my fan theory was cool but wrong

time to be sad and curious for a WHOLE year <333333

************************

more like queen of cardan’s heart amirite 🤤😍

************************

for those of you who want to envision jude as a queen and also like smutty smut:

~good shit guaranteed~
Elle (ellexamines)
*reads this because i forced my friend to read the whole trilogy*

review to come

📚
everyone else: excitedly getting started on the Wicked King
me staring at Holly Black’s window and quoting the SNL Papyrus skit: I know what you did. I KNOW WHAT YOU DIIIIIID
Chelsea Humphrey
I started this last night, and although I listened at 2.5x speed, I still couldn't blow through quickly enough. Being late to the party and all that, I'll keep this brief, but what a satisfying ending to an epic series. It's clear I won't be the only one with these sentiments, but I truly cannot wait to see where Holly Black transports us in her next story. PS- highly recommend the audiobook!

emma
PHEW.

What a relief, to return to disliking Holly Black books.

For years, I was on a 100% lack of enjoyment streak. And then...suddenly...after I read The Wicked King mostly by mistake (can we just shout out the fact that that title reads like the title of the first book run through a thesaurus)...I caught myself in a dilemma.

I actually had fun while reading that one.

But not to worry. Clearly we’re back to our regularly scheduled programming. This was very meh for me.

I had a lot of fun with the se
Hamad
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

“I am the Queen of Elfhame. Even though I am the queen in exile, I am still the queen.”

The Cruel Prince ★★★
The Wicked King ★★★★
The Queen of Nothing ★★★★ ½

★ There is no wonder that Holly Black created such a large ripple in the YA community with this series and it is over now! I don’t know if fans will ever get over it though! The series kept getting better and better and I enjoyed this journey! The book which has been released a couple of da
megs_bookrack
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
((me: crying all the tears))

IT. IS. DONE.

In this, the final installment of The Folk of the Air trilogy, we find Jude back in the mortal world, trying to recover from the events of The Wicked King.

Her heart is hurt, her loyalties smashed to bits, but as our girl Jude is apt to do, she is solely focused on getting back what she has lost.

Unexpectedly, her annoying sister, Taryn arrives, pleading for Jude's help. She has done something terrible and sees Jude as her only path to salvation.

How conven
Whitney Atkinson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

King and queen on the page, king and queen of my heart. I love Jude & Cardan and I love that this book finally broke down the barriers between them. Jude continued to be a complex and smart character and I really enjoyed watching her scheme to do the best for the elf world, and the moments when she noticed her weaknesses were really powerful.

Although this book was fast and interesting, it just lacked a wow factor for me. For a finale, it wasn't super climactic. It seemed like the villa
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 The Cruel Prince ★★★★★
#2 The Wicked King ★★★★★
#3 The Queen of Nothing ???

Is it ever going to be here 😭
Addicted to YA: The Queen of Nothing 64 560 Sep 17, 2020 12:07PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #3) by Holly Black - Restarting August 25th 2020 341 305 Aug 30, 2020 08:57PM
Does this mean Jude needs to help TARYN again? 3 48 Aug 26, 2020 06:30AM
Spoilers!!!!! The queen of nothing by Holy Black 35 1677 Jul 16, 2020 08:44PM
Spin off? SPOILERS 6 172 May 09, 2020 09:14AM
Shut Up & Read: The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black 12 12 Mar 21, 2020 03:00PM

• Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Rule of Wolves (King of Scars Duology, #2)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Wild Like Us (Like Us, #8)
  • Untitled (Six of Crows, #3)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Last Confessions of Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw (The Shaw Confessions, #3)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Addicted for Now (Addicted, #2)
  • The Demon in the Wood (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #0.5)
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
  • Fuel the Fire (Calloway Sisters, #3; Addicted, #3.1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
Holly Black is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of over thirty fantasy novels for kids and teens. She has been a finalist for an Eisner Award and the Lodestar Award, and the recipient of the Mythopoeic Award, a Nebula, and a Newbery Honor. Her books have been translated into 32 languages worldwide and adapted for film. She currently lives in New England with her husband and son in a house ...more

The Folk of the Air (3 books)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)

Articles featuring this book

What's popular this holiday season? Where the Crawdads Sing continues its super hot streak, as does Tara Westover's Educated , while newer...
“It’s you I love,” he says. “I spent much of my life guarding my heart. I guarded it so well that I could behave as though I didn’t have one at all. Even now, it is a shabby, worm-eaten, and scabrous thing. But it is yours.” He walks to the door to the royal chambers, as though to end the conversation. “You probably guessed as much,” he says. “But just in case you didn’t.” 431 likes
“Come home and shout at me. Come home and fight with me. Come home and break my heart, if you must.” 423 likes