Start by marking “The Company Store” as Want to Read:
The Company Store

The Company Store

Thanks to the greed of man, Earth is dying. Climate change and human greed has wrought mass destruction over the planet, and a fraction of the population remains.

The Company Store controls the last civilization, known as the Single Nation Circle. Those outside the Circle are Outliers, outcasts and gangsters who do whatever it takes to survive.

Samuel Poe is the
Published August 1st 2015 by H. D. Gordon Books

Start your review of The Company Store
Sherry Fundin
I have read most of H D Gordon’s work and The Company Store is another fabulous tale with rich characters and a storyline that will stick with me for a long, long time. The Company Store reads as if it could be a history of the world. The greed that corrupts and taints everything it touches. The destruction of the forest and oceans. The death and extinction of the amazing animals that inhabit it. The people, good and bad. Some will sacrifice everything to have what they believe is theirs (the ...more
Becca

Wow. Seriously

There are some things that are scarier than the mythical beast under the bed that will - and i truly mean this - take you into some parallel world if you leave your feet hanging off the bed - yeah good luck sleeping tonight ;) kay sorry being serious. The real fear is what will happen in the generations to come with the world.
H. D. Gordon paints a pretty scary sight for us. But its also a warning. A beautifully woven warning within an fantastic book.

Alright so the book :D

Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

*Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

When I saw H.D. Gordon had a new book coming out I was very excited. I knew I would want to read it no matter what it was about. She is one of those authors that I will read anything she writes. Climate change destroys world and what happens after? Sure sign me up. Thankfully this book was as good as I had hoped it would be.

The Company story is about the earth after we
Ariel Mathis
*A complimentary ecopy was given in exchange for my honest review.*

So this story is one big allegory for what we, as in our future generations, will face if something is not done, NOW. Climate change, our water being controlled, our crops as well. This book really makes one think about what it is we're doing to our home, planet Earth. It's sobering. Imagine a world without animals, no life in the sea, or not even being able to look outside at the end of the day and see a beautiful sunset? Would
Dawn
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this as an e-book for an honest review.

Out of the many YA dystopian novels out there, The Company Store was actually one of the few that I actually believed could (would) happen. Greed of men (ALL men) was what killed us and our planet and it continued to die during this novel. The whole premise scared the heck out of me.

Samuel Poe was an amazing character. If I were younger (and he were real..) oh my <3...
He would not be a dude I'd like to meet in a dark alley at first.
Melanie
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
5*s
Review posted here...
H.D. Gordon sure does give her reader food for thought in her latest offering. As the synopsis tells us – Earth is dying. Every resource is controlled by fat cat corporations – namely The Company Store – led by Mr Company. What remains of the population have formed groups; those within the Single Nation Circle are ran by Mr Company and everyone contributes to a big pot in some way so that they can receive allotments of food, water
Mo Jacobs
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amanda Lindsey Bursting Bookshelf Blog
I just finished The Company Store by H.d. Gordon. I highly recommended if your into Dystopian books. Well written, developed characters, action/adventure, humanity at its best and worse. Overall a great read! I couldn't wait to finish it. My heart ached for some of the Outliers. While I was on the fence with others.

I was given the book for an honest review for free.

On a dying planet Earth, factions fight amongst themselves while those with smarts and money live in the SNC. One doesn't have a
M. A. Hickman
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***I received this ebook from the author in exchange for an honest review***

ok...WOW! First let me say I honestly didn't think I was really going to like this book. just from the blurb I like the concept for a story but was concerned the author might use it as a soap box for global warming. While there was evidence of global warming it was fully in the context of the story and did not feel like it was an agenda being jammed down your throat. I don't really think I need to say that I loved this
Sally Hannoush
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Between the three main street gangs and the "inside" people, there was a lot going on. Who to trust? This book does contain a lot of abuse and death but there is also a hidden love story in all the gore and hope where there should be none. There were a lot of expected surprises in this well written story. The characters felt real to me and enemies become friends. The author also ends with a message for her readers about the book and tips on ways we can save the planet now so we don't end up ...more
Sara
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ebooks
It is official, H.D. Gordon is brilliant. I honestly finished this book (after much yelling at the screen (ebook)) and just sat there with my mouth open. She captured what so many people have tried to put into words and has put the entire idea of a green movement into a book, and one that I will read again and again. This book left me thinking long and hard about our world and how it has been treated and how the people in it have been treated and how we can change that. I'm not going hippie on ...more
Laura Thomas
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apocalyptic
I’ve read all of H.D. Gordon’s books and was so excited that she chose this topic to write about.

We’ve done it. Destroyed our planet. No one acknowledged the dangers of global warming. It was easier to ignore it than to face it and try to change it.

Now, there’s no life in our oceans, no flora or fauna to feed us. Earth is dying and there’s no healing it.

What could be scarier than knowing this could be our children’s future.

The scenario isn’t new. There are groups of survivors. The Haves and Have
Tanecia
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yass!
☆Joycedale☆
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The blurb intrigued me but I honestly thought it would be like a documentary about what's going to happen if we don't start treating the Earth better. It wasn't at all.
While this book was placed into the future of a ravished Earth the story didn't center around that. The world building was incredible but the story of people trying to survive was better.
Most of the population lives in SNC but there is those who didn't want to confirm to the government rules and they're known as Outliers. There's
Stephanie
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Reading this book reminded me why I love HD Gordon so much, this is another wonderful story by her that captured me right away and held on tight. The genius of this book lies in the realism of the catastrophe and the moral that it brings along with it and I'm actually very worried that this is the future that we have set for the generations to follow, but on the plus side this book gave me food for thought and has
S.F. Benson
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
H.D. Gordon’s “The Company Store” was a well-written, thought provoking post-apocalyptic tale. It conveyed a serious, relevant message along with an intriguing plot.

Gordon’s world-building was phenomenal. I got a clear, vivid picture of the desolate space inhabited by Sam Poe and the few survivors on planet Earth. The idea that man would be responsible for the demise of the planet has been pondered by many scientists. Gordon laid out the facts in an engaging way and even offered suggestions at
Jenna
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sam is the 18 year old leader of the Poe Boys. In this new World where nature was destroyed by human hands and only the strong survive. You have two groups the people living under the rules of the Company Store of the Outlier who live free.

When Sam meets Anna Rose he can’t seem to get her out off his head.
Anne Rose is a dreamer an artist and daughter of notorious Mr Company.
Can a gang leader and a dreamer together save the World?

I
Linda Romer
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviews
The Company Store A Novel By H. D. Gordon

I loved this book This is a Novel about how greed and carelessness of our earth's resources could destroy our planet. An exciting imaginative interpretation of a world that has experienced this.
The characters and the way the Author tells her story is captivating. I felt I was right there living it.
Sam Poe and Anna Rose are two exceptional teenagers that bring this story to life. You will meet some unsavory characters as well, the worst being
Karina Díaz Pérez
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, so, this is my honest review:

I’ve think this book is amazing, the final message that all is possible with love and disposition to do things in a good way is an excellent recommendation to the young people in order to present this kind of dystopic reality.

Love story is really interesting, pretty cute and brave.

Samuel Poe teach us that even in the worse situation that you have, if you have the good disposition an do things
Melissa (Asarelah)
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really did enjoy this book! A great story to really illustrate the horrors of what some humans can do and the wonderful possibility of the beautiful things that others will do. I was honestly surprised by some of the plot developments in the story and that was refreshing. Samuel Poe was a beautifully developed character and easy to relate to. While he was ruthless at times he more than made up for it in his capacity for love and care for other humans. I appreciated the lesson the author is ...more
Alfred F Horn Jr
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!!

I'd recommend this book for teens, young adults, middle .aged adults and seniors like me. I love reading about dystopian societies, and this was one of the better ones I've read. Great tension and ending.
Nicole
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-ok
1st - I received this book in return for my review - 2nd - interesting book. Well written and the characters are well developed. The story is well developed too but I think it is a bit rushed towards the end. Overall a scary look at what could happen. I kinda feel this could have been better served if there was an epilogue
Stefani Milan
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very entertaining, fast-paced novel that sheds light on heavy issues that plague our environment and society today.
Kat (Why Read)
May 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
*To Read*

Thoughts:
I adore this author's previous novels and I am hoping for all hope that this one is just as good!
julie davis
Ann Sutphin
Aug 11, 2016
a_tiffyfit
Aug 04, 2015
David Estes Fans ...: R&R#127 The Company Store by H.D. Gordon 33 51 Apr 17, 2016 01:21PM
H.D. Gordon is the author of several urban fantasy novels. She is the mother of two amazing daughters, and a lover of kick-ass females, beautiful things, and nerdy t-shirts.

She resides in southern New Jersey, which she insists is really quite lovely.

Please visit hdgordonbooks.com for more details.