Start by marking “Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It... Garden Anywhere!” as Want to Read:
Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It... Garden Anywhere!

Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It... Garden Anywhere!

Raised bed gardening is the fastest-growing garden strategy today, and Raised Bed Revolution is the definitive guidebook to mastering this consistently proven and effective gardening method.

Raised Bed Revolution provides you with information on size requirements for constructing raised beds, height suggestions, types of materials you can use, and creative tips for fitting
Published May 1st 2016 by Cool Springs Press (first published April 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Raised Bed Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raised Bed Revolution

Start your review of Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It... Garden Anywhere!
Deb Blackbourn
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is by far the best book I've seen on raised bed gardening! It covers raised beds in a variety of locations, materials needed, composting, vertical gardening & many more topics within gardening. I didn't receive this book in time for this year's gardening, but I will definitely use it next year! (I think someone may have looked at it before it was actually delivered to me as the packaging seemed to have been opened & taped shut!) I would recommend this book to anyone considering vertica ...more
Kerry Pickens
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
I am not sure if revolution is the right term for gardening, it's an awful like actual work. The biggest tip I can give you about raised bed gardening is to start small and add to more beds over time. I started out with small bed made of cinder blocks that had tomatoes and squash, and this year I had 2 prepaid beds installed, bought 400 lbs of organic top soil and a truck load of mulch. It's a lot of work to move all the topsoil and mulch to the garden, and there is still a pile of mulch blockin ...more
Amie's Book Reviews
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I rarely purchase books anymore because I am so lucky to receive many books from authors around the world requesting reviews. So, if I am going to spend over $25 on a book, it had better be good.

RAISED BED REVOLUTION is an amazing resource guide for anyone who wants to start gardening but wants to do it in "raised beds".

I broke my back six years ago, had a titanium rod placed in my back to replace the 5 vertebrae that were shattered and have had excruciating
Jacob
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
If you're looking for a book full of plans for raised beds, inspiration for raised bed gardens, and lots of pictures of what you can do in raised bed gardens, this is the book you want. If you're just looking for information to build a raised bed, read this.

If you're looking for guidance on mixing soil for raised beds, growing techniques, soil maintenance, placement advice, etc, this one might not be for you. I wish it had taken a more in-depth look at the gardening side of building raised bed g
Lisa
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of creative ideas for getting started with a raised bed garden. Also includes DIY for building beds of different designs. Details on how to lay out your garden and space your planters is also included. Does not go into much detail about choosing plants or managing your garden.
Niki Jabbour
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring and informative, this book is packed with fun DIY ideas for growing food and flowers in raised beds. I love that there is a wide variety of projects featured, many made from up-cycled materials.
Katy
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ideas and plans for beds and a bit more. Mostly I love this book as a gallery of bed ideas! Many photos and plans to get your creative juices flowing -- and if you are not "handy" there are ideas for you also.
Kelly Osmond
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simple, straightforward and with a handful of good ideas and tips that I may actually try!
Dee
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting read and practical advice on growing in raised beds, my favorite way to grow.
Trish
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is very helpful. I will being using it for my garden next year.
Karen
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is packed with information, ideas and plans for anyone looking to jump into raised bed gardening. It's also dense with photos, which for some is a huge bonus.

I personally went to this book looking for information on how to grow raised bed mixed floral/vegetable gardens and in that regard, I found this book a little lacking. I found the type dense and sometimes not particularly helpful, in that it spoke in generalities rather than specifics. I also found it a bit odd that on more than
Brianna Reagan
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gardening
If you're a complete novice to gardening, then this book is probably for you. If you have had any measurable gardening experience at all, then most of this book won't benefit you. A lot of the book is galleries of pictures for inspiration, which you can just as easily find with a simple Pinterest search. None of the info was groundbreaking or all that informative. That said though, if you are completely "green" :) in the area of gardening and want to learn how to begin with raised beds, then thi ...more
Ryan
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was heavy on pictures and light on substance. It's important to note that this is a book about raised beds, not a book about gardening. I was hoping for some more practical advice about planting schedules, seed depth, row spacing, etc. There was some practical advice, like a recipe for soil, but by-and-large, it was a let down. Even the blueprints for building raised beds were lacking in detail.

This book in three words: Fluffy, Superficial, Idea-inspiring

Notes/Quotes and other things
Angela
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful photos and suggestions for styles and varieties of raised garden beds. I was really only interested in the "essential" model but I really appreciate that the cut list and plan is included so I can show it to my husband and say "build me this please". Good if your looking for ideas and inspiration, even better if you want a good solid plan for how to make a raised bed work, hint... it needs to be deeper than you think to be successful.
Mark Smiley
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just the book I needed! Plans for raised bed gardens which are elevated so I do not have to stoop down or sit on the ground to garden. I am glad our library has this and I can check it out over the coming months. Many wonderful ideas.
Lisa S
May 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tried to satisfy everyone and then satisfies no one.

This book is way too general. If I want to know which type of bed for the particular veggies I'm growing, I can't. The resource section is so sparse that you would do better just googling the information you need.
Francesca
Jun 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Great photos but I could have read blogs to gather the same amount of information contained in this book.
Annette McIntyre
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: gardening
A really fascinating book on raised bed gardening.
Carmen Oleary
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ideas, motivating for spring
Holly Dudek
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great inspiration for planning a garden
anklecemetery
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is exactly the careful, targeted search through diy garden blogs that I wanted.
Faith Justice
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: research
A useful resource for anyone considering building a raised bed for flowers or vegetables. Lots of pictures and detailed plans for over 50 different raised garden beds.
Beth Kakuma-Depew
Instructions for planting and building. The instructions for the variety of raised beds are mostly based on wood, although one uses steel panels.
Debbi
Dec 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Vegetables Love Flowers: Companion Planting for Beauty and Bounty
  • All New Square Foot Gardening
  • Raised Bed Gardening for Beginners: Everything You Need to Know to Start and Sustain a Thriving Garden
  • Cut Flower Garden
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 7: The Calm Before
  • Garden Butterflies of North America: A Gallery of Garden Butterflies & How to Attract Them
  • The Way I Heard It
  • The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, September/October 2019 (F&SF, #745)
  • The Vegetable Gardener's Bible: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions
  • A Song Below Water (A Song Below Water, #1)
  • The Herd
  • The Infinite Noise (The Bright Sessions #1)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Stand Up and Garden: The no-digging, no-tilling, no-stooping approach to growing vegetables and herbs
  • Birthday
  • Green Lantern: Earth One, Vol. 2
  • We Contain Multitudes
  • The Grace Kelly Dress
Tara Nolan is a garden writer and editor who regularly writes about gardening for the Toronto Star, as well as for magazines, including Reader’s Digest and Canadian Living. She is one quarter of the popular website Savvy Gardening and was the award-winning web editor of Canadian Gardening magazine’s website for six years. Tara also does work for the Toronto Botanical Garden and the Canadian Garden ...more

News & Interviews