Start by marking “Body Checked (Center Ice #1)” as Want to Read:
Body Checked (Center Ice #1)

Body Checked

(Center Ice #1)

SERGEI DRAKONOV. The newest left wing for the Washington Eagles hockey team is a triple threat: muscle, roughed-up good looks, and a dangerous tabloid reputation. Not the kind of guy who fits into Jael Pereira’s five-year plan. Jael doesn’t have time for a relationship, between her challenging senior-year course load and her stiflingly dull internship at the FBI. But for o ...more
Published August 11th 2015 by Eventide Press

To ask other readers questions about Body Checked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body Checked

Start your review of Body Checked (Center Ice #1)
Jenn

5. The Russian mob tie-in
6. Once I really got into it, it pulled me in
7. Fast paced
7. Sergei and Jael's connection with each other -felt real
8. If you're a lover of steam- then there's plenty of Sergei sex on a stick steam to read about. He doesn't care where he is when it happens, either.

Sergei- the Russian player, bad-boy, hockey player. Unfortunately he
Medavis66
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! This book has it all - hockey, hot Russian superstar, lust, love romance, the mob, intrigue, suspense, danger...I could go on. Pulled in the instant you look at the cover, the story really delivers. I love Jael and her two best friends. Their connection to each other builds a strong foundation for all of these girls to build successful lives on. Sergei is so much more than depicted through the media. He is a deeply intense man with depth and dimension. There is also the shadow of dark ...more
Yael
Aug 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
Her name is Jael? Of courseeeeeeeeeee I'll read it ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read. Jael meets Sergei who is a hockey player. They spend time together. She unfortunately has a secret about who she is. Of course it comes out and things get real. However, in the end it all works out for them.
Lori Ann
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a woman. I love hockey. I love romance novels. I was SO excited to find a book that combined the two! I love that this book shows the women as major hockey fans along with being smart and independent. I was so hooked (well not technically that's a 2 minute penalty).

Sergei and Jael are both relatable and likeable characters. They're not just one dimensional. I would love to sit down and have drinks with them. I found them so interesting.

Oh yah and there's an element of crime/mystery!

My only c
Brandy Roberts
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was givin a copy of for my honest review i think this was an amazing book and also that im going to read more from her this book had the steam and the love between the characters i was drawn to this story i couldnt put it down I loved Jael she wasnt an annoying heroin i thought she was strong and actually had a back bone Sergei was super sexy he isnt just what the media say about him he is extremely intense i thought they had off the charts chemistry i havnt really read that much hockey player ...more
Joyhdae
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
** I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

I enjoyed Body Checked by Katherine Stark. While the pacing was a little off (things happened very quickly) it didn't take away from the story.

I enjoyed the fact that this was an interracial love story that didn't focus on anything other than the fluency of everyone's Russian.

Jael was a great female lead and Sergei was the epitome of hot. The romance was great and the "big bad" of the story was entertaining.

I recommend this
Dahlia
So much fun, sexy, super fast-paced, and laugh-out-loud funny at times. I also have a major weakness for education-driven main characters, and especially for Russian majors, so this ticked a whole bunch of boxes for me. I'd already been planning to pick up #2, but the preview chapter sold it for me 110%. ...more
Karen
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I give five stars on a review I am saying that I was thoroughly entertained. I don't mean to say that I've made this book the new "Jane Austen" but for this genre I enjoyed my time spent. I loved the characters and disappointed in the FBI but hated Vladimir more. What a great tale!!! ...more
K
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good, escapist fun. Jael faces real and authentic-feeling problems in balancing her fledgling career and romance, and Sergei broods, struts, and uses his filthy, filthy (but also occasionally poetic) mouth to good effect. Also, hot hockey players. With more of them to come, it looks. Yum!
Marla Mei
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Meeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh. This definitely needs a little more work and some tinkering.
Amy Dickinson
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Do you love hockey or sports romances? Do you love a hunky Russian hockey player? How about suspense and intrigue? If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, then you will want to read this book. I received an ARC of this book for an honest review, and I was impressed with the character play and story of Sergei Drakonov and Jael. Jael is a senior in her last year of college, trying to figure out her life after being dumped by her ex-boyfriend and beginning an internship for the FBI. Sergei i ...more
Donna
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jael is a college Senior who is doing an internship with the FBI of which she wants to be a special agent. She and her 2 best friends love hockey and go to the the games and thanks to one of the sets of parents they get to watch from a vip box.
Sergei is a Russian hockey player that has come to the US to play for the Washington Eagles. He is a force on the ice but can quote poetry. Jael who speaks Russian met Sergei and had a very hot night together.
Sergei has a brother, who is a leader in the
M Robo
Feb 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Dnf 45%

Hmm I've had to stop because there is absolutely no chemistry or feeling between the two mc. I cant even remember or find the f name ffs

I just find it all a bit cold n callous. Shes spying on sergei and taping all their interactions and has absolutely no qualms about it no guilt, no conscience, no embarrassment that all their sexy times are being recorded and transcribed n read by other fbi agents. Like it's nothing yet shes still a student?

Totally unrealistic! I dont know anyone who woul
Kelly
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast and easy read with a non typical couple. Sergei and Jael have an instant connection and they are good together but there is more to it than that. He comes from a crime family and she works for the FBI and she has to find a way to keep her man and her job. Fun read, very fast paced. Good chemistry and enough angst for an exciting read. Looking forward to more from this author. (I voluntarily reviewed an ARC).
Silvia
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5⭐️ Great read!
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
This was book was a bit of a hockey with a Mafia storyline. It was actually very good and really enjoyable. There was plenty of action and drama. I didn’t rate it higher because, as a huge hockey fan, there was some incorrect info (icing is not an automatic penalty).
Lori Flemming
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard ,but good !.

Some of the characters are very cheesy , but they make it work . The Russian was good but not what you would want to hear from normal speech . It was to formal . The hockey games were well written , and just rough enough to get the blood pumping and flowing into the ice !
Jackie
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Generously giving this 3 stars. This was sort of over the top for me. I really don't think the hockey was a center stage thing for the story, that the Russian mob thing was more the center for the story, which is disappointing, as I wanted the hockey side of things. I don't normally read mob type books. It was a bit unbelievable at times & that took away from the story for me. Because the characters weren't believable for me, I didn't really develop a like for them or to care about any of the se ...more
Barrie Mac
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Love a good sports romance. This book had it all...romance, suspense, and an HEA! I loved Sergei! He was a sexy, Russian hockey player who had the hots for Jael, who is working on her 5 year plan. This was a great read and I can't wait for the next book in the series!

My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read
Tracey Tranter
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well written book with strong characters and an intriguing story line. The story has a little bit of sexy romance, drama, and suspense with plenty of action.

I received a free copy of this book via Hidden Gems and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Judy Churchill
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Russian crime boss, a Russian star hockey player who happens to be his brother and a smart young woman interning with the FBI all thrown together in an exciting novel. It helps if you are a Russian studies major and speak fluent Russian. An entertaining story.
Nate
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sexy, fast paced book. I couldn't put it down at times...wow!! I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book via hidden gems. ...more
Ellen
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. There is so much more to both characters than first appears and man did I love Sergei!
Disney
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
It had hockey (and hot hockey players), a smattering of Russian phrases (which is really cool to read), and a strong female lead trying to save her boyfriend from the Russian mafia and the FBI.
This book is thrilling, the hockey scenes feel real, and the sex is intimate but not overboard. Wonderful story.
Melinda Swaine
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story had me turning the pages the more I got into the book

This is the first book by this author that I have read and I picked it up as it was in kindle unlimited and I really enjoy reading it too. This story had me turning the pages the more I got into the book to see what was going to happen next. Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Sara
Jun 11, 2017
Cheryl
Jul 09, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Reviewe...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Review Request: New Adult Sports Romance, Body Checked 2 18 Aug 20, 2015 12:53PM

• Benched Boxed Set (Minnesota Caribou #1)
  • High Risk Rookie (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #4)
  • Hard Hit (IceCats #3)
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • Grinder (Seattle Sharks, #1)
  • Defender (Seattle Sharks #9)
  • Enforcer (Seattle Sharks, #2)
  • Rookie (Seattle Sharks #4)
  • Winger (Seattle Sharks #3)
  • Scoring Chance (Rules of the Game #1)
  • Axel (Carolina Reapers #1)
  • Date with a Devil (Dallas Devils, #1)
  • Wheeler (Seattle Sharks #8)
  • Checked (Boston Terriers Hockey, #1)
  • Home Game (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #2)
  • Puck Me Secretly (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #1)
  • Blocker (Seattle Sharks #5)
Katherine Stark is the pseudonym for an author of novels in a variety of genres for children and adults. She can nearly always be found buried underneath a pile of story notes. If she isn’t writing, she’s probably reading, playing video games with her husband, watching hockey, or eating her way across the East Coast.

Subscribe to my newsletter to be notified whenever I have a new release!

Center Ice (3 books)
  • Power Play (Center Ice #2)
  • Man Advantage (Center Ice #3)