Start by marking “The Earl Takes All (The Hellions of Havisham, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Earl Takes All (The Hellions of Havisham, #2)

The Earl Takes All

(The Hellions of Havisham #2)

One summer night, Edward Alcott gives in to temptation and kisses Lady Julia Kenney in a dark garden. However, the passion she stirs within him is best left in the shadows as she weds his twin, the Earl of Greyling. But when tragedy strikes, to honor the vow he makes to his dying brother, Edward must pretend to be Greyling until the countess delivers her babe.

After her hus
Published April 26th 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Earl Takes All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earl Takes All

Jill
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

Be me, he'd gasped. Be me.

Edward Alcott and his twin brother, Albert had always been there for each other. Orphaned at seven, they'd gone to live with the Marquess of Marsden, where they'd been raised with the marquess's son, and another boy, the future Duke of Ashebury. The four had been not just friends, but brothers.

When Albert had started courting Lady Julia Kenney, Edward felt that she was stealing Albert away from him. The brothers had always been together and Edward resented the intrusion
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
3.5 Agonizing Stars!

She pressed a finger to his lips. He stilled, his eyes searching hers.
"If you kiss me, I'll be lost," she told him.
"I'll find you, lead you back."

Well that was all sorts of angsty! I've been looking forward to Edward and Julia's story ever since I finished reading the first book in this series, personally I felt it was quite difficult to judge Julia, Edward and Albert from what I learned in the Falling Into Bed With a Duke book but if I'm going to be honest I would say that
Kath S
Nov 02, 2015 marked it as lost-interest
After reading the first book I knew this was going to happen, but I wished it was just my imagination...*sighs*

I'm really sad because she's killing Grey. I would have prefered she'd killed Julia and let Grey be happy with another woman. I'm so disappointed I don't think I can read this book. Sorry, but no.

description

Caz
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm sure this is going to be a "marmite" book, but I loved it and gave it an A at AAR.

I’ve been desperate to read The Earl Takes All since I finished Falling Into Bed with a Duke, the first book in Lorraine Heath’s Hellions of Havisham Hall series. Even though at that point no synopsis had been published, I had an inkling of where this story might be going – which says a lot for Ms Heath’s ability to bury hints and subtext in whichever story she happens to be telling at the time – and I have b
Mei
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Such a sweet, if slightly unbelievable, romance!

You can read the synopsis says, so I'll not repeat what it says, but the slightly unbelievable part was exactly the premise: Edward pretending to be Albert in order to preserve the health of Julia and her unborn baby and his hope that that baby be a boy and the heir.

As we can understand since the very beginning, it's not just a noble act since Edward has been in love with Julia since he first kissed her. And even then he was pretending being Albert
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Once again, Lorraine Heath enchanted me with this beautifully written and deeply emotional love story. It takes an exceptional writer to make such a challenging and potentially unpopular plot line work and, although I know some readers will disagree, I think she does this brilliantly.

“Do you know what I think, Allie? I think the weasel— who is supposed to be the villain of our tale— may just turn out to be the hero.”

For me, the success of this book hinged on Ms Heath’s ability to make me see E
sraxe
Dec 04, 2015 marked it as do-not-read
So, the good, decent twin is killed off and the deflowering, manwhore twin gets to survive and have an HEA? No, thanks.

(And this is the brother who posed as his twin and kissed the h, Julia, without her consent when she was being courted by his twin. Ugh.)
Aly is so frigging bored
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
This was me while I was reading it :D

Joanna Loves Reading
Well done, Heath. Well done. I would say that this is a rounding up situation, as the narrator is not 5-star worthy, but I do believe the story is, and I prefer to give credit to the author. This was just so very well plotted. It is very rare, in my experience, where I feel that some part of the story was not rushed, was not fully explored as it NEEDED to be. This one did a very good job at giving the story time to breathe and progress as needed. The pacing was spot-on. I was very happy when the ...more
Lover of Romance
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My-Review-Updated-1
Summary
Many years ago, Edward and Julia shared a passionate kiss in a garden once upon a time, but despite the passion they felt...it went no where James GRiffin Art 2when Julia married his brother and twin, the Earl of Greyling. For years, both Edward and Julia have been avoiding the truth and acting like they hate each other when in reality that is far from the truth. But when Edward and his brother go on a trip, his brother dies trying to save his lif
Bubu
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: hr, 3-stars
Edward and his twin brother Albert Alcott, Earl of Greyling, are on an expedition in Africa when tragedy strikes. Albert is attacked by a gorilla and while he lies dying, he makes Edward promise to protect his wife Julia and their unborn child by assuming his identity. Julia has been through three miscarriages already, and there is the fear that any further grief may cause another miscarriage. Edward, grief stricken himself and full of guilt because he caused the gorilla to charge and kill Alber ...more
Bj
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 "A Death Wish" Stars.

Quick Take-Aways Review: A very difficult premise to portray but generally well accomplished by Ms. Heath. Strangely, the one kind of extraneous factor that bothered me slightly was the way alcohol was used/portrayed in this novel. The hero almost had a bit of an alcoholic feel to him. Other than this "noise", I enjoyed the interactions between the H/He, particularly the fact that the hero's more laid back and understanding nature seemed to bring out the more edgier and re
Zoe
May 06, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have no doubt that Lorraine Heath wrote a beautiful story in this book. But I am afraid to read it. She has the damnest plot sometimes. Masquerading as a twin, albeit with a good reason, seems a far-fetched idea and I am not sure I could suspend belief for such a plot.

And I read Lisa Kleypas's Stranger in my arms, which also had a twin pretending to be his twin. I did not like it. Sigh, I am putting this on the to read shelf and it will probably sit there for quite some time.
Barbara
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for this story. I'm a sucker for the forbidden love theme. When I read the blurb it immediately made me think of Lisa Kleypas's "Stranger in my Arms"--which I loved.

Stranger in My Arms

Nope, it was not at all like Stranger in my Arms, lol. This one was way more complex, to the point I wondered if Heath was even going to be able to pull it off. It did however make me dig out my old copy of LK's book which I'll have to re-read this weekend. Looking forward to that!

Anyway, back to the tale........so
Julie
The Earl Takes All by Lorraine Heath is a 2016 Avon publication. I as provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Sometimes you know from the start things are going to end badly. Yet, despite everything, I had to look, had to listen, had to know, even if my heart was on the line, knowing full well I would need a super-size box of tissues to get through it.

The setup is wrong on so many levels, I don’t even know where to start. Perhaps at the begi
Molly
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was an emotional steamroller right from the start, but honestly it was the epilogue that did me in - I need a new box of tissues and a big glass of rose. I'm not sure I'm able to talk about it, so no review for now. But, guys - this story is so worthwhile your time, I highly recommend it.
Rowena
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry. The impossible feelings, the taboo romance but holy cow, the feelings were all there. Edward and Julia's romance was hard but it was completely real. I can't wait for Locke's story.
Jill R
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started the book I hated the premise but these two brought me around and I ended up really enjoying the book
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
You know how characters can sometimes make or break a story? Well, Edward Alcott makes it. I liked him in the first book even though the author didn't depict him in a very good light. But most of us love a character in need of redemption anyway so there's that. Not that he needed it that much.
The author made sure we don't love Albert that much, but she also didn't make him some kind of villain. Albert was a wonderful character.

The prologue broke my heart and as far as Edward goes, the whole boo
Yomi M.
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating Clarification: 4.5 stars

It definitely was a long night. I loved this so much!! Edward was the star of the book, he was amazing.
Donna
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading Lorraine Heath books for a long time and I don't know how she keeps coming up with fresh ideas and wonderful stories. I love this book!

Albert, Earl of Greyling, and Edward are twins whose parents died at an early age and left the boys to be raised by the reclusive Marquess of Marsden along with his son, Locke (Viscount Locksley) and Ashe (Duke of Ashebury). Edward gives Lady Julia Kenney, his brother's fiancée, her first kiss much to her dismay when he teases she can't tell
Ania
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I blame all the wonderful, well written books that I have read lately, for this poor rating. I really wanted to love this book but that certainly didn't happen.
I didn't much care for Julia and I found that Edward lost all his personality when transformed into his brother. I understand that that was supposed to happen, with the whole "being his twin Albert" thing but still, didn't care for that.
I also didn't get the siblings supposed loving relationship. I don't doubt they loved each other but
Lorka
May 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this book started off as a 5-star for me, I was really interested to see how the heroine would react to finding out the hero was indeed not her husband. Up until that point, the only thing that really annoyed me was the constant rehashing of his feelings on why he needed to keep his identity a secret. I felt that once the secret was revealed, it would have then been great to watch them return to their original feelings of dislike for each other and slowly watch them fall in love. That would ...more
Ashley
A fun enough diversion, but the second half was not as good as the first half, which was already walking a fine line with the premise. It just got a little bit too cheesy for me there. I didn't think the fallout was handled in the most satisfying manner.
Elizabeth
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yearning for this couple!! Gosh, Edwards!!
Cynthia
I wasn't sure how I was going to like the twin brother Edward taking his brothers place. But the story plays out very well.
Jen Davis
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I remember thinking at the end of the last book that something like this might happen. (No, I really did.) Edward and Julia had such a connection, I figured they had to end up together. Yet her love for his twin was too real to thwart with any impediment short of death. I was ok with the idea of Albert dying. But what I wasn’t prepared for was that Edward would assume his brother’s identity and live a lie for more than half the book. Yes, he really loves Julia, and yes, his heart is in the right ...more
Dee Deacon Foster
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Edward Alcott is a scoundrel, a man who has not accomplished anything in his life; at least that’s what the ton believes. If they only knew half of what he’s done, they would surely ban him from society. With the death of twin Edward is now hard pressed to fulfill a deathbed promise without breaking the heart of the woman he’s always loved.
Julia Alcott, Lady Greyling, loves her husband deeply and barely tolerates his brother; however, when her husband returns after the death of his brother she n
Jultri
I avoided this book for a while, fearing the theme of the hero falling for his twin brother's wife might offend my very strict sense of morality. I should have more faith in the author who handled this tricky romance with great sensitivity, building up the pace slowly and allowing the protagonists to develop their feelings for one another while properly and respectfully grieve their beloved brother and spouse. The first half, in particular, was beautifully written, giving us great insight into t ...more
Becca
Aug 07, 2017 marked it as dnf
No rating from me since I just didn't get into it. Not the writer's fault. This theme and all the grief and sadness...there is a realness element to it, but I don't read books for reality. This just didn't brighten my mood and I couldn't get myself to read it.

Sorry Midniteillusion...I was a terrible buddy reader this time!

I think I'm going to skip this series and return to The Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James series which I enjoyed more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 Oct 21, 2015 07:19AM

• Scandal Takes the Stage (The Wicked Quills of London, #2)
  • All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue (The Debutante Files, #2)
  • This Earl is on Fire (Season's Original #2)
  • The Danger in Tempting an Earl (At the Kingsborough Ball, #3)
  • What a Lady Most Desires (Temberlay, #3)
  • Catch a Falling Heiress (An American Heiress in London, #3)
  • Happily Bedded Bliss (The Rakes of Cavendish Square, #2)
  • Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3)
  • The Lie and the Lady (Winner Takes All, #2)
  • A Date at the Altar (Marrying the Duke, #3)
  • The Dark Knight (Montagues, #4)
  • The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel (Seduction Diaries, #3)
  • Wild Ride
  • A Momentary Marriage (Montclair-de Vere, #2)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Taken (Under the Skin, #3)
  • Chasing Lady Amelia (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #2)
  • Fool Me Twice (Rules for the Reckless, #2)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® durin

The Hellions of Havisham (3 books)
  • Falling Into Bed with a Duke (The Hellions of Havisham, #1)
  • The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)