Start by marking “Time Siege (Time Salvager #2)” as Want to Read:
Time Siege (Time Salvager #2)

Time Siege

(Time Salvager #2)

Having been haunted by the past and enslaved by the present, James Griffin-Mars is taking control of the future.

Earth is a toxic, sparsely inhabited wastelandthe perfect hiding place for a fugitive exchronman to hide from the authorities.

James has allies, scientists he rescued from previous centuries: Elise Kim, who believes she can renew Earth, given time; Grace Priestly,
Kindle Edition
Published July 12th 2016 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Time Siege, please sign up.
Michael This is aimed to be a trilogy. Chu gave us 3 books and a novella in the Tao series, and expanded that universe in The Rise of Io series, of which book…moreThis is aimed to be a trilogy. Chu gave us 3 books and a novella in the Tao series, and expanded that universe in The Rise of Io series, of which book 2 (The Fall of Io) should be out January of 2019. Chu is pretty consistent and becoming pretty prolific, so I would guess that this trilogy will be completed.(less)

Bradley
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novel is one of nearly never-ending battles upon the benighted Earth of the future. Corporate greed and the fall of civilization has led time travelers to scavenge the past for the resources they no longer have in the future. It's the ultimate Zero-Sum Game.

That being said, this novel picks up after our MC disgraced Time Traveler James has drawn a line in the sand on the side of the poor remnants of future Earth who are just a few steps above savagery and are surrounded by peoples just as
Brandon
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***There may be spoilers in here for those who haven't read Time Salvager***

After rescuing his formerly doomed sister from the past and rushing her into the present, former Chronman James Griffin-Mars is devastated to learn that she has become gravely ill. Without a doctor, it seems as if she will die. As James sets off in search of help, his partner and resident scientist Elise continues to lead their tribe through the dilapidated landscape of what was once known as Manhattan. The situation has
Tammy
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The nitty-gritty: An fantastic, action-packed follow-up to Time Salvager, full of complex characters and relationships, and yes, some time travel!

I’m always happy to read a Wesley Chu book, especially since he’s the author of one of my favorite science fiction series, the Tao books. And I always love when a favorite author ventures out and manages to come up with a completely different story from the one I’m familiar with. Such is the case with the Time Salvager series, an action-packed time tra

Kari Rhiannon (Moon Magister Reviews)
I’ve been going through a bit of a sci fi kick over the last couple of months after realising I hadn’t read many of the space greats during my fantasy saturated childhood. Reading Herbert and Banks lead me to understand what I really love about the genre, creative world building and fresh technology. Wesley Chu’s ‘Time Salvager’ series has both of these qualities in heaps.

I was actually half way through 'Time Salvager’, the first book in the series, when I realised 'Time Siege’ was available as
Paul
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A strong follow on in the series. Not always the easiest read as sections deal with an alcoholic spiral and rehab following on which slowed the pace but added a strong human element.
MadProfessah
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
I liked the premise of TIME SALVAGER enough to buy the book in Kindle form, especially since it came out soon after I had finished reading the clever and enjoyable Tao trilogy of books.

But the TIME SALVAGER books are a very different kettle of fish from the young adult, alien invasion, amateur spy romps of the TAO books.

TIME SALVAGER is set in a horribly bleak future when (for some unexplained reason) technological advance by humanity at some point stopped happening due to internecine wars over
Enzo
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By now everyone should know I am a Wesley Chu fan. But you don't need to be a fan to really enjoy the Time Salvager series. On the second book it expands on the conflict on Earth. It also shows what other Chronmen do. This is non-stop action. From the start as James and the Mother of Time (yeah I love that title). Pull there biggest stunt and jailbreak Levin (who I thought was gone from the series and I am happy he is here) and put him to Salvage. So we have the Elfreth with Elise and James as O ...more
Frank
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
3.5 Star.
No spoilers here.
Time traveler James Griffin Mars is back in the second installment. Now in the 26th century polluted and plague ridden earth along with rescued scientist Elise Kim his sister Sasha. They are fugitives also with Grace Priestly the inventor of time travel. They have all joined with the Elfreth, a band of survivors. Due to the scarcity of the drug that aids time travel, time travel has to be limited. Some new characters are added, as well as the enemy an evil solar system
Xavi
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: llegits-2016
3'5/5
Better than the first book in my opinion. The scenario is great, but it focuses too much on the action scenes. A great final that left me wanting more.
Full review in english: http://dreamsofelvex.blogspot.com/201...
Full review in spanish: http://dreamsofelvex.blogspot.com/201...
Felix
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a read that has action & politics.. The time traveling aspect gets bogged - down at times but It has a great cliffhanger.
Chris
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
*copy from Netgalley in exchange for a review*

Time Siege is the second in Wesley Chu’s “Time Salvager” series, which follows the troubled time traveller James Griffin-Mars, as he attempts to break free from the control of corrupt corporations and a broken Time Agency, and attempt to rehabilitate both himself and the future.

The world of Time Siege is, well, in many respects not a pleasant one. Its Earth is struggling through seemingly endless ecological cataclysms – earthquakes, endless lightning
Cathy
I wanted to like this book more than I did, just like with the first one, but for different reasons. James and Elise weren't keeping stupid secrets from each other this time around and their relationship moved past the initial stages so I couldn't really complain about shallow insta-romance issues. The main problem with it was that I was kind of bored through most of it. I really, really didn't want to be. I'm a fan of the author's short stories and Tau novels, I wanted this series to be fantast ...more
Cassandra
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a solid middle book to the trilogy. Much less flashy science-fiction kung-fu, but more character development and worldbuilding. I really came to love each of the characters in all of their flaws and glory. One of the things I complained about in my review for Time Salvager was how the cool bits of the past took a backseat to the current events on the destroyed earth, but it didn't bother me this time. Wesley Chu fully committed to saving the present and made the characters and culture s ...more
Chip
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is markedly better than the first (and the original was a good book). Chu has created a tapestry of rich characters in this dystopia. Throw in some intense battles and a smattering of time travel. The relentless struggles will have you ripping through this book. I'm ready for the 3rd now.
Tzu-Mainn Chen
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chronmen! Exo suits! Collies! The Earth Plague! Miasmic sickness! This is some of what "Time Siege" is about, and if you're confused I don't blame you. That confusion mirrors my own as I slowly tried to puzzle through each page.

As it turns out, "Time Siege" is the second book in a series, and I very much did not read the first. To be fair the cover does not give much indication that one should read "Time Salvager" before this one; once I realized this fact I was tempted to drop the book all toge
Lynn Williams
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 of 5 stars
Time Siege is a great second instalment to the Time Salvager series by Wesley Chu, in fact I would say it’s even better than the first. There’s no shortage of action, a lot of character development and a twist at the end of the tale.

In case you didn’t get round to reading Time Salvager my review is here, and, customary warning: if you haven’t read the first instalment this review could very well contain spoilers.

Time Siege continues to take f
Sunil
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2016
After the events of Time Salvager , none of the protagonists are having a good time. But they all have goals: James Griffin-Mars wants to save his sister, and Elise Kim wants to save the world. So, you know, no biggie.

You know who also has a goal? Senior Securitate Kuo Masaki-Europa of the Valta Corporation, who has been tasked to find temporal anomaly Elise Kim. As before, Wesley Chu gives us the antagonist's POV, but unlike the more sympathetic Levin Javier-Oberon, Kuo is a villain to the cor
Rebecca
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh, Time Siege. A fine sequel if I ever saw one. I read Time Salvager earlier this year and just never got around to reviewing it, but I thought it was a unique premise so I’ll give you a brief overview. Hundreds of years into the future humans have populated planets throughout the solar system, but infrastructure and resources are scarce unless you’re with a corporation. Time salvagers, or Chronmen, work for ChronoCom and jump back into time to salvage technology, food, and other scarce reso ...more
Leo
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This will be a short review, since there's already some really good ones already posted on this thread. If you want a good understanding of what you're to expect the Time Salvager series, just give Brad's, Brandon's, and Kari's review a quick read. Their review pretty much cover everything I liked about the book and the series in general.

I would like to emphasize one point which others have made, and that's Chu's character and world building. As with his Tao series, Chu has a way of throwing his
Lindsay
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay. Wes Chu REALLY knows how to write endings that make me want to read the next book. However--

I don't know if this is just an ebook thing... but there are... typos? Word choices out of left field that don't belong in this universe that feel totally wrong? Enough of them to be distracting for me.

Then again, I'm still looking forward to what happens next. The first book was pretty neat- we got to travel a lot, meet a bunch of new characters... this definitely felt like a second book. We didn'
Sooz
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Second book in a trilogy and the ride continues. There isn't anything particularly stellar about Chu's writing or the ideas he presents, but he does have the knack of good story-telling. This series is just a damn good read.

I do like his characters .... ex-chronman James Griffin Mars -besides having a GREAT handle- is as flawed a protagonist as they come. AND Chu knows better than many male sci-fi writers how to write 'strong female characters' so they are believable ... both heroic and human. t
Joe Jones
I loved the first book in this series so was anxiously awaiting this one which comes out on July 12. The story started out great pulling me right back into this world. Then I hit the middle section. Which dragged for me. I also started yelling at the characters. A lot. The last section though redeemed the story as the plot and pace really picked up. I didn't know going in there was going to be another book but there sure better be after that ending! Overall it was still a strong story which I ho ...more
Scott Dieterle
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the series, and while it took a little bit to get going, it definitely felt like a freight train running to the end. A nice mix of familiar characters from Time Salvager and the introduction of new characters. Alliances are formed amongst adversaries and a higher purpose is sought out. Some interesting twists and turns. Definitely the ground work has been laid as well as good cliffhanger as we wait for the final book.
Wes
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for SFRevu.com -- http://www.sfrevu.com/php/Review-id.p.... Will post full review here in a couple of months when their exclusivity expires. Overall, however, I can say that it is a great sequel and continues very nicely from where Time Salvager left off. There is less actual time travel in Time Siege, which was missed, but Chu expands greatly upon the characters, which adds quite a bit. Worth the read.
Pedro L. Fragoso
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Classic science-fiction tropes, in the best sense, and better than the previous tome. Nevertheless, it is unbalanced (good start and better denouement, plodding middle) and the writing is nothing special, it just does the job. Could be much better, but could also be the basis of an excellent Syfy channel series. All in all, decent summer fun.

Kuo is amazingly conceived and serves her purpose magnificently. Kudos to Chu for a really brilliant antagonist.
Sontaranpr
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another well written and thought provoking read from Mr. Chu. His time travel shenanigans will lead to much discussion around the bar. Middle book in the series so events proceed but are not resolved. Very much looking forward to the next one.
Jon Chaisson
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where Chu's Tao books were a thrill ride on a micro scale, his Time Salvager books are just as exciting on a macro scale. Militaristic megacorporations, blue-collar chronmen (and women!), pencil-pushing auditors and nerdy scientists abound, and it's hella fun.
Diane
Aug 31, 2016 added it
haSecond book following the Time Salvager. Takes off where the last book ended. Brings back characters from the first book the that you thought their story ended. John still messed up and Earth under seige from corp. Good characters and interesting plot.
Dan Dobler
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

This isn't what I expected! The plot lines were surprising in their complexity but well written style; the action was an epic "mind movie"; the characters were so well developed, and the twists were choreographed to perfection. So well done!
Jay Madore
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awsome book , as good as the first one, and cant wait for the next one ;)
...come on welsy hurry up ;)
  • The Dire Earth (Dire Earth Cycle #0.5)
  • Time's Children
  • The Speed of Darkness (Chronoptika, #4)
  • Necessity (Thessaly, #3)
  • The Life of the World to Come (The Company, #5)
  • The Sterkarm Handshake (Sterkarm, #1)
  • Waypoint Kangaroo (Kangaroo, #1)
  • Terminal Uprising  (Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse, #2)
  • Sailing to Byzantium
  • Acadie
  • Static Ruin (The Voidwitch Saga, #3)
  • The High Ground (Imperials, #1)
  • The Absconded Ambassador (Genrenauts, #2)
  • Elleander Morning
  • Weighing Shadows
  • Indomitable (Chronicles of Promise Paen, #2)
  • The Kassa Gambit
  • Alice Payne Arrives (Alice Payne, #1)
Wesley Chu’s best friend is Michael Jordan, assuming that best friend status is earned by a shared television commercial. If not, then his best friend is his dog Eva who he can often be seen riding like a trusty steed through the windy streets of Chicago.

Unfortunately, Chu’s goals of using Hanes underwear commercials to launch a lucrative career following in Marky Mark’s footsteps came to naught.

Time Salvager (2 books)
  • Time Salvager (Time Salvager #1)